Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,708 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:59 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4700) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11881986 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4697) (4698) (4699) (4700) (4701) (4702) (4703) ... (16254) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:27pm On Sep 11, 2018
Oasis007:

Someone is claiming Lookman wanna use SE to break to the Everton starting XI cos Onyenkuru is more rated by the same Club?!

Well I have nothing more to add, cos it's apparent you did reason like him.

How can he see that? No, he can't.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:32pm On Sep 11, 2018
Petrobros:

See why I say you are Forgiveness?

You want to use your other moniker to rope chief into what you a bigot perceives as bigotry.
Na you know wetin Chief do you sef.

You never answer my question. You be am, am be you, be you am, am be I you? grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:33pm On Sep 11, 2018
Petrobros:

This is Forgiveness.

In ya dream? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:34pm On Sep 11, 2018
Saheed69:

No, they are two different person. He is a Manchester United fans while Forgiveness support Chelsea.

Hahahaha! You dey mind d guy. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:38pm On Sep 11, 2018
Oasis007:
grin

Happy new Islamic Year to Sir Tbaba1234 and Elyte89.

Dem dey kill Ram for this one too?

Make I go watch Liberia vs Nigeria for my friend Wasiu's house ni.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:38pm On Sep 11, 2018
COOL10:
. It's times like this I get ashamed being a Nigerian for we are too sentimental,judgemental and hypocritical. It's saddening mehn sad

Thank you for this

Yes ighalo has been a bad player no doubt

But the diss on him is too much,even our last game was a normal game I see no reason for people to insult him in our last game.

They insult ighalo because he is bad,but they praise their fan favorite even when they know the person is playing nonsense.

Who b monkey who be mumu ?

Nobody is perfect but I can never be a bias and childish football fan like most Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:39pm On Sep 11, 2018
Mickael2:

The only time I ever advocated for Ighalo because of his holdup play was against Cameron way back then and it worked. Simy Nwankwo has how many goals in the Serie A this season? There is no way any coach would start him over a red-hot Ighalo, that is one of the laws of nature. If we have Simy averaging like 10-15 goals per season then we can call his name but he isn't, and that's the reason. It is currently clear that we are short of options in that department presently.

Quick question, based on your definition of a false 9, what did Musa play against Iceland? A false 9?

Simy has dropped to Seria B. He is nolonger Seria A player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
Humility017:
Pinnick has been appointed by FIFA to head Ghana FA normalization team...same pinnick just successfully handled Liberia FA election..

pinnick is really a man Nigeria should be proud of.
competence is just something you can't hide.
I see him going places....

#kudos to pinnick.

It seems there is a plot to kick him out of the glass house.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:43pm On Sep 11, 2018
Icon4s:

Haha, them no dey celebrate this one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:48pm On Sep 11, 2018
Kog45:
I remember watching Ighalo during U 20 WC and i asked myself was Siasia blind.

Really surprised to see him having good season with Watford and honestly apart from Cameroon match both home and away,am not impressed with Ighalo total output in GWG.

But the big question do we have someone to replace him?YES and NO

YES if we can be patient with the young ones like Sadiq Umar,Taiwo Awoniyi may be they can shake the tables but guess what a lot would still raise eyebrows calling this young lads.

Pls can Simy do it?I don't think so cos his goal scoring record not that good.

I think Rohr should change his formation to suit what we have or else we keep on struggling.

Yes we have. Olanrewaju Kayode, Bonaventure and Dessers should be tried.

Awoniyi still need to prove himself.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:54pm On Sep 11, 2018
tbaba1234:

Haha, them no dey celebrate this one.
OK. Well, no wahala.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:54pm On Sep 11, 2018
safarigirl:
i saw it as a stupid post, just like I see most of what forgiveness writes at times

You laugh over it, like I tease forgiveness these days, because eventually, there is no point digging deeper into ridiculous assertions.

Where was this your advocacy when forgiveness said the invites of Ajayi and Collins were to cover up for Nwakali's invite?

It's apparent you equally reason like forgiveness, since we want to start giving credence to rubbish undecided

Let us not forget the 35 man list saga that brought world war 3 here.

Was it not latter confirmed by Rohr? A
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2018
ChrisKels:

I am celebrating already, if una no wan join me celebrate, una dey own on una own. Lookman is one Anglo Nigerian I so much love his style, hence I wanted to strangle Southgate when he was trynna rubbish him here, tipping his client Onyedinma to make a better career at the long run. He kept on calling lookman a packaged deal where money changed hand, while Onyedinma to him was the real deal. Hahaha today, where is Onyedinma compared to Lookman grin grin

Onyedinma is a good player. Choosed to be loyal and now he's going down.

No matter what, if a player is good it can't be hidden. Let us wait and see what becomes of him.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 11, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Do u think fans can't easily enter the pitches in Europe? I know u don't expect me to be naïve enough to believe that the fans in Europe don't enter the field because of the advertisement boards in front of them? I showed the picture of a Liverpool fan holding back Balotelli, were the Gambian fans close enough to touch any of your stars? You mentioned everything but nothing about AK47 toting soldiers and watching the fans.

If u want to report them to CAF for being unprofessional that is your FA's business but the fact remains none of that should concern the Algerian players. My brother this is a case of crying wolf meeting the pot calling the kettle black. You drew a country that u felt u should have bashed and u are making excuses but the truth is that Algeria is a very tough and rugged place to play football. Did the Gambians shine lights on your keeper or use flares like u guys are known for doing? I would be more scared of fan violence in Algeria because it has actually happened there unlike Gambia.

are you telling me that army soldiers with Ak 47 in stadiums is nice ? Normal ? Algerian players should feel more security to see soldiers with AK-47 war riffle between them and fans near the pitch ? Are you serious ? And you try to compare with europe ? , liverpool ? , soldiers with AK47 to protect baloteli in Anfield stadium grin common !

Not to talk about europ , army soldiers never enter algerian stadiums only policeman and they dont use guns . and in stadium near rining track they wear even bleu civilian sweatsuit to not intimidate visitors .

And violence in local algerian football league is another subject . in international match security is 100% , some lights, flares ? Common cant compare , and algeria dont use this cawardly tactics to intimidate guest . and if it was in algeria surrounded by 70.000 fans near the pitch with soldiers guns the players of the visiting team will not even know how to walk . not even play football in FIFA regulatory conditions .

No need to defend the indefensible

And believe me or not , getting 1 pt from gambia outside with current algerian team form is a good result for all sportanalyst i have seen on tv , so it have nothing to do with the result

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:22pm On Sep 11, 2018
groundnutoil:
cant we get him in d team

Why not? He is readily available to play for us if we call him but he must switch before he can play for us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:23pm On Sep 11, 2018
Algerian1:

Its have nothing to do with skin colors .

Its an official match for the qualification to african nation cup 2019 , not a friendly match, not a match between friends in the neighborhood , even for a local championship game it would be not normal .

And you can be a terminator , having near you 40.000 poeple that can enter the pitch easily, 40.000 poeple that security service could not get them back in the stands , you will be intimidated , its not fair for an official match . so imagine for professionnal players with millions dollars contract with club who play in europ and always in security conditions !

And even for fans safety 40.000 fan inside for a 25.000 stadium capacity , many gambian fans were unjured, few minutes before match start we have seen many medical evacuations and even an heart massage, cardiac arrest shocked ( see video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jPspzS22hs

The algerian players substitutes for the match were sitting next to an advertising billboard literally right on the edge of the pitch. ( pic1) shocked

They played some random African pop music instead of the Algerian national anthem. embarassed

And you think its normal to play in this condition , this is one of the problems of our continent. we justify everything with oh man , this is Africa it's normal .

Na wa ooooo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 3:28pm On Sep 11, 2018
Icon4s:

grin

They don't slaughter Ram o! Its just a normal New Year Celebration but on a low Key Level in many parts of Nigeria except North.

Any Link for the Friendly Match?!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:41pm On Sep 11, 2018
ChrisKels:
Our match against Lybia away will be played in a neutral ground in far away Omar, Algeria.
date please
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
Algerian1:

are you telling me that army soldiers with Ak 47 in stadiums is nice ? Normal ? Algerian players should feel more security to see soldiers with AK-47 war riffle between them and fans near the pitch ? Are you serious ? And you try to compare with europe ? , liverpool ? , soldiers with AK47 to protect baloteli in Anfield stadium grin common !

Not to talk about europ , army soldiers never enter algerian stadiums only policeman and they dont use guns . and in stadium near rining track they wear even bleu civilian sweatsuit to not intimidate visitors .

And violence in local algerian football league is another subject . in international match security is 100% , some lights, flares ? Common cant compare , and algeria dont use this cawardly tactics to intimidate guest . and if it was in algeria surrounded by 70.000 fans near the pitch with soldiers guns the players of the visiting team will not even know how to walk . not even play football in FIFA regulatory conditions .

And believe me or not , getting 1 pt from gambia outside with current algerian team form is a good result for all sportanalyst i have seen on tv , so it have nothing to do with the result

Ak47s are a norm in African stadiums lets not act brand new to the continent. I compared the distance between the fans and the pitch. The fans in Gambia were not close to the pitch. Why should you even care if the sat on the floor or they were injured, how did it affect the players performance. As a professional you should be ready for anything.

Wigan fans invaded the pitch when they beat man city and I am sure there were boundaries in place.

The fact is that there has been a lot of violence in Algerian football and that makes your fans scarier than Gambian fans. A guy just getting out of prison will always intimidate more. You guys have a track record of violence and they don't so your players should have had no reason to get intimidated. If people are willing to sit on the floor to watch their country that's a good thing don't you think?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
forgiveness:

It seems there is a plot to kick him out of the glass house.

Pinnick led the coup against Hayatu so this is a case of the spoils going to the victor.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 3:59pm On Sep 11, 2018
Liberia vs Nigeria...7:oopm by 88.9 Brila FM Onitsha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 4:00pm On Sep 11, 2018
4700 cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by alexie4real(m): 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2018
4700 i was here cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 4:16pm On Sep 11, 2018
Icon4s:

Please explain further.

Yes, he did very well in making the SE a marketable brand, attracting sponsorship here and there.

And to see that he's come this far, I have to say he's playing the political aspect of the game quite right.

We saw what happened with the delayed MRI scan for the U-17 players. Manu complained about funds and inability to treat the sick ones as a result.

With the other Nigerian teams, he necessarily don't need to offer them equal attention, but just a little fraction of it can go a long way.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 4:29pm On Sep 11, 2018
junnyjake:

Yes, he did very well in making the SE a marketable brand, attracting sponsorship here and there.

And to see that he's come this far, I have to say he's playing the political aspect of the game quite right.

We saw what happened with the delayed MRI scan for the U-17 players. Manu complained about funds and inability to treat the sick ones as a result.

With the other Nigerian teams, he necessarily don't need to offer them equal attention, but just a little fraction of it can go a long way.

Pulling the Super Eagles and at the same time battling the sports Minister and Chris Giwa is in itself a sort of miracle

This was the stuff previous presidents use to give as an excuse for non-performance but you can see that the Super Eagles is in its best shape in 10 years

Pinnick is a gift to Nigerian football in my opinion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 4:30pm On Sep 11, 2018
junnyjake:

Pulling the Super Eagles and at the same time battling the sports Minister Dalung and Chris Giwa is in itself a sort of miracle

This was the stuff previous presidents use to give as an excuse for non-performance but you can see that the Super Eagles is in its best shape in 10 years

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:33pm On Sep 11, 2018
forgiveness:

Well, I don't think his stats in that CF role support he will be good in that position.

Besides, we need a genuine AMF in the team and the only player in a decent league is Abdul Ajagun. He is the only one that plays in that position in Europe after I discovered that Ebere Eze plays more as a Central Midfielder.

Snapshot 1..... Abdul Ajagun

Snapshot 2 Ebere Eze
Eze can still fill in as an AM. Besides Iwobi is still around. We'll just play 4-3-3 when he isn't around. Ajagun really should be tried out in one of these friendlies.
As for Lookman, I saw him play once as a CF at Charlton and he was ok. Great finisher, quick feet and good movement. He'd make a great false 9

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Ak47s are a norm in African stadiums lets not act brand new to the continent. I compared the distance between the fans and the pitch. The fans in Gambia were not close to the pitch. Why should you even care if the sat on the floor or they were injured, how did it affect the players performance. As a professional you should be ready for anything.

Nope its not the norm its not even norm-al . i havnt seen any army soldiers with assault rigle or AK in nigeria stadium near players during algerian nigerian game

See the conditions of game yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKAEJ6mRgKY

Do you see any ak47 ? Do you see any risk or intimidation on the players ? I dont see any !

So for norms there is only one norm its FIFA , CAF norm and its forbidden to have fans near the pitch and players . again indefendable !
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 4:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
andrew444:

Thank you for this

Yes ighalo has been a bad player no doubt

But the diss on him is too much,even our last game was a normal game I see no reason for people to insult him in our last game.

They insult ighalo because he is bad,but they praise their fan favorite even when they know the person is playing nonsense.

Who b monkey who be mumu ?

Nobody is perfect but I can never be a bias and childish football fan like most Nigerians

What's your definition of insults here? I've not come across one person insult Ighalo as a person, but his performance instead.

I know you're tryna be balanced, but you're doing a terrible job at that.

I've noticed that you're always lurking around, looking for an opportunity to use the words "overhype and haters" on people, that's getting boring and overflogged already bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 4:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
Earthquake1:

Pulling the Super Eagles and at the same time battling the sports Minister and Chris Giwa is in itself a sort of miracle

Okay!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
tbaba1234:
Ademola Lookman is an excellent addition. He is young and adds to the excellent wing players in the team.

We might not need a top 9 with the kinds of players, we have.
Rohr will have to sacrifice a DM if we want to go with a false 9. 2 DM and a not so mobile Mikel as 10 wouldn't work with a false 9. You need the front 4 to be very mobile and switch positions easily.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
Lookman is currently with England under 21. Any announcement will come after their games. Until, he officially announces, best to have a bit of skepticism.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4697) (4698) (4699) (4700) (4701) (4702) (4703) ... (16254) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.