Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4701) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11777316 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4698) (4699) (4700) (4701) (4702) (4703) (4704) ... (16192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:54pm On Sep 11, 2018
junnyjake:

What's your definition of insults here? I've not come across one person insult Ighalo as a person, but his performance instead.

I know you're tryna be balanced, but you're doing a terrible job at that.

I've noticed that you're always lurking around, looking for an opportunity to use the words "overhype and haters" on people, that's getting boring and overflogged already bro.

Seems you have not come accross insults then you dont know the meaning of insults

No be only when person tell you say you dey mad mean say na insult,insults can come indirectly

Peace

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:55pm On Sep 11, 2018
tbaba1234:
Lookman is currently with England under 21. Any announcement will come after their games. Until, he officially announces, best to have a bit of skepticism.

His stay there doesn't or just counts for little. Check out this excerpt from a Merseyside journal;

His path in the youth side also appears to be blocked by experienced youngsters like Josh Onomah, Demarai Gray and Ryan Sessegnon. The Everton player was called up by Aidy Boothroyd last week for England’s Under-21 side for the Euro 2019 qualifiers, but was not in the matchday squad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 5:02pm On Sep 11, 2018
tbaba1234:
Lookman is currently with England under 21. Any announcement will come after their games. Until, he officially announces, best to have a bit of skepticism.

Abi o. This one that it is only two website carrying the news (one of which is owngoal). Added to that, they got their info from unnamed sources.
Let's just wait for an official announcement.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:03pm On Sep 11, 2018
ChrisKels:

His stay there doesn't or just counts for little. Check out this excerpt from a Merseyside journal;

His path in the youth side also appears to be blocked by experienced youngsters like Josh Onomah, Demarai Gray and Ryan Sessegnon. The Everton player was called up by Aidy Boothroyd last week for England’s Under-21 side for the Euro 2019 qualifiers, but was not in the matchday squad.

He is starting today though.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:05pm On Sep 11, 2018
Algerian1:

Nope its not the norm its not even norm-al . i havnt seen any army soldiers with assault rigle or AK in nigeria stadium near players during algerian nigerian game

See the conditions of game yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKAEJ6mRgKY

Do you see any ak47 ? Do you see any risk or intimidation on the players ? I dont see any !

So for norms there is only one norm its FIFA , CAF norm and its forbidden to have fans near the pitch and players . again indefendable !

There were AKs in the stadium that day I saw them myself. Your problem was never with guns in the beginning now it seems you are clinging on to it like your primary defence. Fact is they did nothing wrong. There was not a scratch on a single of your players or an account of verbal intimidation u have no reason to insinuate that they resorted to cheap tricks.

Please I would like to see where fifa said fans can't be near to the field and what the allowed distance is. I blame track and field because if there was no track on the field there would have been more sits for the fans.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:15pm On Sep 11, 2018
tbaba1234:

He is starting today though.
Make we just dey follow the event as it unravels, with our fingers crossed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:30pm On Sep 11, 2018
i heard he wasn't listed in the english u21 match day squad in their last 2 matches so i guess that made him have a rethink on his international football future. the english u21 coach favors gray and 2 other players which have pushed lookman down the pecking order
tbaba1234:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2018
i prefer owngoal to allnigeriasoccer. they are the worst
Clementoke:

Abi o. This one that it is only two website carrying the news (one of which is owngoal). Added to that, they got their info from unnamed sources.
Let's just wait for an official announcement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:37pm On Sep 11, 2018
Lol

forgiveness:

I tire ooo. Maybe he wan take do wururu get attention.

Me no dey celebrate... I go...when em never go. Make em announce first mo we see. Nothing to celebrate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hahaha that’s exactly what I just did after reading it.

Oasis007:

undecided

SMH!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
Bonaventure Dennis has returned to full training after recovering from a muscle injury and he will be fit for Friday’s league game at home to Lokeren.

Dennis has scored twice for Belgian champions Club Brugge this season and has been named in Team of the Week in Belgium for last two weeks of league action.

He could come face-to-face with Nigerian youngster Yusuf Lawal of Lokeren.

Lawal has also only returned from a knee injury and was a second half sub in his team’s test game this week.

Club Brugge are top of the standings with 16 points from six matches, while Lokeren are 14th on four points.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:43pm On Sep 11, 2018
Iheanacho as a lone striker is a case of a better devil, at least going by his GWG record.

Oasis007:
Ighalo has not done himself any favour to remain Eagles No. 1 Striker. But I remember when Martins was suggested for a Recall by Forgiveness, the Dude was almost murdered and eaten raw on this Thread.

We keep reading "Success is back - he's a Beast" yet he has not broken to the first IX of Watford Team. Do we have a potent Striker who can replace Ighalo in the Team presently?! Can we really trust Iheanacho as the Team's lone Striker?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:45pm On Sep 11, 2018
Lol e don enter trinity matter o
Oasis007:

grin

Bravo!

Mr. Detective....... You definitely gonna make a good Agent for the DSS. LMAO!

Good Job for spotting out who actually the Moniker belongs to.

Perhaps I am Komekn too?!

Good Job Bruh...... Keep it up!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
kellycute:
which highest level? Why you dey always lie like this? They are all in same level “upcoming player”

Lmao.. grin chaiiiii! grin hahahaha! Chai!

I thought there was an argument that favoured and placed Simy ahead of Kayode because he played in the Seria A which was a higher level than the Ukrainian league while Kayode in the Ukrainian league. grin

Na dat argument you were in favour of na em i use now na. Why you come dey call me liar when una don use day formula before na? grin grin grin

Why callest thou me a liar? grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:07pm On Sep 11, 2018
ChrisKels:

Dats a yeye post from Earthquake1 but the bolded is a big lie stat wise. The second bolded makes you sound reasonable atleast for the first time since this month

I thought there was an argument that if you score one goal in a better league it is better than scoring in a lower league. grin

Remember the case of Simy has played at the highest level than Kayode because the former scored in Seria A while the latter scored in the Ukrainian league. Forgotten? grin

What is wrong if we apply it in this case too? grin

No more double standard na. grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:08pm On Sep 11, 2018
ChrisKels:
We are producing too many wingers but in a severe dearth of quality strikers, Chai If only we had a quality coach who knows his onions to effectively use all these wingers to achieve excellent results, so that we dont feel our lack of quality strikers.

Just imagine;

Musa - WF/W

Onyekuru - WF/W

Kalu - W

SiMoses - W

Bazee - WF/W

Ademola* - WF/W

Danjuma* - WB/W

Add Sheyi Ojo to the fold.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2018
forgiveness:

I thought there was an argument that if you score one goal in a better league it is better than scoring in a lower league. grin

Remember the case of Simy has played at the highest level than Kayode because the former scored in Seria A while the latter scored in the Ukrainian league. Forgotten? grin

You use somebody else's double standard to justify your own double standard does that make it less of a double standard?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:16pm On Sep 11, 2018
tbaba1234:
Ademola Lookman is an excellent addition. He is young and adds to the excellent wing players in the team.

We might not need a top 9 with the kinds of players, we have.

Even with Mbappe, Ousmane, Lemar etc France still calls Giroud and Griezmann.

We need strikers and we have them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:16pm On Sep 11, 2018
How are they being careful here? The quote insinuates he is already in the bag, just like in the case of Tammy.

ChrisKels:
From an NFF chieftain, I quote;

” Based on our discussion with his management team and his parents he will represent Nigeria . He has decided to play for Nigeria. Lookman never shut out Nigeria completely but we have to be careful because of the experience with Tammy Abraham “,

“Coach Gernot Rohr has always wanted Lookman. Now with the retirement of Victor Moses, he will add to the options available to the coach on the flanks. An announcement will be made soon”
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2018
Earthquake1:

You use somebody else's double standard to justify your own double standard does that make it less of a double standard?

This is not even double standard. It is fact. grin

Just used that to hook em. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2018
3 gbozuas for thia post
Earthquake1:
There is serious lack of humor in this thread angry

Everybody takes everybody too seriously

Arguments are expected to be made in a British gentlemanly way

Fights are squashed before they are started

This is nairaland for godsakes!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:20pm On Sep 11, 2018
ChrisKels:
From an NFF chieftain, I quote;

” Based on our discussion with his management team and his parents he will represent Nigeria . He has decided to play for Nigeria. Lookman never shut out Nigeria completely but we have to be careful because of the experience with Tammy Abraham “,

“Coach Gernot Rohr has always wanted Lookman. Now with the retirement of Victor Moses, he will add to the options available to the coach on the flanks. An announcement will be made soon”

Dem say...dem say but he is currently with the U20 team. Hmm!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:23pm On Sep 11, 2018
forgiveness:

U quoted the wrong guy because for once, I have never been a Simmy fan. And I never engaged in any argument as such, u can prove me wrong by digging it out.

BTW, any idea where one can see the match against Liberia?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 6:24pm On Sep 11, 2018
Is Foden of Man City not English?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2018
gamaliel9:
Is Foden of Man City not English?

Is he eligible for Naija grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2018
forgiveness:

Add Sheyi Ojo to the fold.

Good one because we lack that left footed RWF/W, but, besides that, Why should I add him please? I dont think I have read any where that he is open to the idea of repping Nigeria. Abi u dun read am, den, give me the link to read it also
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2018
forgiveness:

Dem say...dem say but he is currently with the U20 team. Hmm!
Yet u are already looking for fights and arguments over it?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 6:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
Is Nigeria vs Liberia match showing on dstv?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 6:48pm On Sep 11, 2018
Joebie:
Lol e don enter trinity matter o

grin

We've died the matter Bruh, but the Dude gonna make a good Detective. Lol!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:54pm On Sep 11, 2018
Icon4s:

Really? The place deserves a stadium status. When they one commission am I hope they can organize a novelty match involving the Maracana old boys? Maybe Maracana old boys vs Super Eagles all stars.

So Taye Taiwo too play there? Me no know o. Like I said those are the younger generation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
Ya taiwo is an Ajguy. He mum lives around EXN. Before

Icon4s:

Really? The place deserves a stadium status. When they one commission am I hope they can organize a novelty match involving the Maracana old boys? Maybe Maracana old boys vs Super Eagles all stars.

So Taye Taiwo too play there? Me no know o. Like I said those are the younger generation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 6:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
Bolowolowo:

Is he eligible for Naija grin grin

grab all grabeables hahahahahah....i was asking because i did not see him in England u21 list...he is such a classic player

(1) (2) (3) ... (4698) (4699) (4700) (4701) (4702) (4703) (4704) ... (16192) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.