Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,068 members, 7,835,604 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4699) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11780691 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4696) (4697) (4698) (4699) (4700) (4701) (4702) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2018
Earthquake1:

I don't even know what that word is doing in this thread

Bigotry lives and breathes in this thread. There's a particular somebody that gives it food here everyday.

He has given it food like 2-3 times today already.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 12:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
tbaba1234:
Ademola Lookman is an excellent addition. He is young and adds to the excellent wing players in the team.

We might not need a top 9 with the kinds of players, we have.

Very true but only if the coach is tactically proficient! We'll see how it goes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2018
Our match against Lybia away will be played in a neutral ground in far away Omar, Algeria.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:52pm On Sep 11, 2018
EEGA:
Since Everton rates Onyekuru very high ,Ademola lookman is now trying to compete with him and use the SE to return to Everton's starting XI .

Who dey reason wetin I dey reason?

If Everton doesn't rate Ademola highly why didn't they accept £25m cash from RB Liepzig but are ready to accept only £9m from Galatassary for Onyekuru if he impresses?

Without Everton Ademola was already tiring up the Bundesliga with 5 goals and 4 assists in 11 games with RB Liepzig which is highly rated than the Belgium pro league and Turkish league.

Then will someone who is been wanted by an ambitious German club be trying to compete with someone who is still moving up the ladder?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:52pm On Sep 11, 2018
ChrisKels:
Our match against Lybia away will be played in a neutral ground in far away Omar, Algeria.

We are supposed to seize the advantage.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:53pm On Sep 11, 2018
SlayerForever:

Very true but only if the coach is tactically proficient! We'll see how it goes.

The bolded is my fear because Rohr has over time proven he us so tactically inept. That guy doesnt look like he has the acumen to fashion out a way to make good use of what we have in our hands, he is damne clueless. That Rohr Dude aint innovative at all, he is too outdated for my liking. He is gonna mess every thing up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:55pm On Sep 11, 2018
Icon4s:

We are supposed to seize the advantage.

Yes nah, or what do u think?

If we made the right selections, we would get six points from the double header, then pay back SA in their own coin in J'bourg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
Icon4s:

Pinnick all the way.

This is an FA chairman that knows what it is to run a country's football.

I'm not so satisfied with the dude.

He's so SE biased.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:02pm On Sep 11, 2018
ChrisKels:

Yes nah, or what do u think?

If we made the right selections, we would get six points from the double header, then pay back SA in their own come in J'bourg

I am not being arrogant but we are supposed to get 6points from Libya.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:06pm On Sep 11, 2018
Oasis007:
When you read some Posts here, you would surely have another meaning for the Word - Bigot...... Cos tagging Forgiveness as a Bigot is very lame and wrong; comparing to some Monikers' Posts on this Thread.

Lukman finally decides to rep GWG, yet its not seeing as a good development for the Team?! A Player that can play across the attacking Line conveniently?! So we wanna start debating who is better between Onyekuru and Lookman?!
LOL!

Hahahaha! Na today!? grin

Make you just dey watch cinema dey go. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:06pm On Sep 11, 2018
junnyjake:

He's so SE biased.
Please explain further.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:06pm On Sep 11, 2018
Sevilla intensifies interest in Nigeria's James Igbekeme as Tottenham plan a January swoop on Ebere Eze.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:08pm On Sep 11, 2018
They should add comedy to the name of this thread hahahahaha i am in tears
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2018
Oasis007:
Ighalo has not done himself any favour to remain Eagles No. 1 Striker. But I remember when Martins was suggested for a Recall by Forgiveness, the Dude was almost murdered and eaten raw on this Thread.

We keep reading "Success is back - he's a Beast" yet he has not broken to the first IX of Watford Team. Do we have a potent Striker who can replace Ighalo in the Team presently?! Can we really trust Iheanacho as the Team's lone Striker?

Nobody is looking the way of Kayode Olanrewaju. A Sharktar Doneskt player. A club ranked number 11 in Europe. Yet no one looks his way. Why?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2018
ChrisKels:
Sevilla intensifies interest in Nigeria's James Igbekeme as Tottenham plan a January swoop on Ebere Eze.
eze may not play for nigeria if we don't add fast
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:12pm On Sep 11, 2018
forgiveness:

Nobody is looking the way of Kayode Olanrewaju. A Sharktar Doneskt player. A club ranked number 11 in Europe. Yet no one looks his way. Why?

cos he is not playing currently

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:15pm On Sep 11, 2018
Petrobros:

Oga, you and forgiveness are same person.

The only thing you come here to do with this moniker is to throw support for any thing your other moniker says.

Just continue.

Who con be you?

The only thing you come here to do with this ya moniker is to appear and disappear like renta ghost just to support Icon4.

You be am, I be am, am be you, be you am, am bi I you? grin

Just continue. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TEGADR: 1:16pm On Sep 11, 2018
that udoh guy and Collins should be given a chance today...
onyekuru and kalu on the wings, since musa is absent...
ndidi and etebo should control the mf, nwakali should be also tried..
ih and simi as strikers

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 1:19pm On Sep 11, 2018
junnyjake:

He's so SE biased.

Who do you want

Jose Mourinho?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:26pm On Sep 11, 2018
Ya. Me too will try visit dia. But AMBODE had give a contract to turn it into proper stadia.

And yes they are plamty. I think taye taiwo is an Ajboy too.

Icon4s:

So Monday James, Siasia's 2005 U20 player, too na Maracana product? U no say we done graduate from Maracana long ago. I no see those younger generations.

Of course not all Maracana products got to play for the SE but the ones I know and saw playing (and played with and against some) ended up as high fliers in the SE. Samson Siasia, Emmanuel Amuneke, Sunday Oliseh and Taribo West. Martins was a product of the Orile sand field but also played mock nations cup at Maracana. Others like Bina Ajuwa, Kelvin (Kachi) Amuneke and Ugochukwu (wowo) Chukwunyere were also handed debuts but injury finished some like Bina.

Football development seems to have dipped in AJ. Na football academies dey produce players now. No more street football.

Me go like go back go visit that Maracana one day too. E don Tay o. So boys don turn am to Colombia now. Na wa o.

Did u ever here about Atine and Duru? Those two bros then play pass Emma Amuneke o. But just like Moi they didnt end up playing professional football.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 1:55pm On Sep 11, 2018
forgiveness:

grin

How many Minutes has Larry K played this Season Bruh?! I heard he's nursing injury presently, how true is it?!

Larry K needs to paint Ukrainian League with Goals. Let him prove himself in the League as well as in the UCL, and Rohr would have no choice but to invite him.

But at the moment, he's not qualified to don the GWG Jersey on merit.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
Algerian1:

Its have nothing to do with skin colors .

Its an official match for the qualification to african nation cup 2019 , not a friendly match, not a match between friends in the neighborhood , even for a local championship game it would be not normal .

And you can be a terminator , having near you 40.000 poeple that can enter the pitch easily, 40.000 poeple that security service could not get them back in the stands , you will be intimidated , its not fair for an official match . so imagine for professionnal players with millions dollars contract with club who play in europ and always in security conditions !

And even for fans safety 40.000 fan inside for a 25.000 stadium capacity , many gambian fans were unjured, few minutes before match start we have seen many medical evacuations and even an heart massage, cardiac arrest shocked ( see video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jPspzS22hs

The algerian players substitutes for the match were sitting next to an advertising billboard literally right on the edge of the pitch. ( pic1) shocked

They played some random African pop music instead of the Algerian national anthem. embarassed

And you think its normal to play in this condition , this is one of the problems of our continent. we justify everything with oh man , this is Africa it's normal .

Do u think fans can't easily enter the pitches in Europe? I know u don't expect me to be naïve enough to believe that the fans in Europe don't enter the field because of the advertisement boards in front of them? I showed the picture of a Liverpool fan holding back Balotelli, were the Gambian fans close enough to touch any of your stars? You mentioned everything but nothing about AK47 toting soldiers and watching the fans.

If u want to report them to CAF for being unprofessional that is your FA's business but the fact remains none of that should concern the Algerian players. My brother this is a case of crying wolf meeting the pot calling the kettle black. You drew a country that u felt u should have bashed and u are making excuses but the truth is that Algeria is a very tough and rugged place to play football. Did the Gambians shine lights on your keeper or use flares like u guys are known for doing? I would be more scared of fan violence in Algeria because it has actually happened there unlike Gambia.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/algeria/story/3459275/algerian-authorities-vow-to-tackle-stadium-violence

The anthem mix up happened to us at the Rio Olympics, it never is the nicest thing to happen but as u see Nigeria did never end because of it, a very bad mistake but it was not Gambia that did it, it was the person in charge of the sounds that made a mistake, no country would ever purposely do that to another. It is sad that your players had to sit there but that had zero to do with the outcome of the match. Would u have complained about all this if u beat them 6-0?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

Bravo!

Mr. Detective....... You definitely gonna make a good Agent for the DSS. LMAO!

Good Job for spotting out who actually the Moniker belongs to.

Perhaps I am Komekn too?!

Good Job Bruh...... Keep it up!

You dey mind that guy. He is guilty of his accusations.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:06pm On Sep 11, 2018
do4luv14:
Ya. Me too will try visit dia. But AMBODE had give a contract to turn it into proper stadia.

And yes they are plamty. I think taye taiwo is an Ajboy too.

Really? The place deserves a stadium status. When they one commission am I hope they can organize a novelty match involving the Maracana old boys? Maybe Maracana old boys vs Super Eagles all stars.

So Taye Taiwo too play there? Me no know o. Like I said those are the younger generation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 2:08pm On Sep 11, 2018
grin

Happy new Islamic Year to Sir Tbaba1234 and Elyte89.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:10pm On Sep 11, 2018
komekn:

Nigeria is not in the Sahara desert why on earth are we using artificial 4G pitches. I want to assume it's 4G

Say what? When I say the only 4G I know na GLO yakata I mean that one o. Maintenance is the main reason why many go artificial. It is easier to just drop artificial grass and go your way.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:10pm On Sep 11, 2018
Oasis007:
grin

Happy new Islamic Year to Sir Tbaba1234 and Elyte89.

Nice one bro grin grin!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 2:17pm On Sep 11, 2018
ChrisKels:

The bolded is my fear because Rohr has over time proven he us so tactically inept. That guy doesnt look like he has the acumen to fashion out a way to make good use of what we have in our hands, he is damne clueless. That Rohr Dude aint innovative at all, he is too outdated for my liking. He is gonna mess every thing up

Well the way I see it,for Rohr to be sacked he will have to have done himself in. The NFF won't just throw him out. I sometimes worry at his tactical acumen with regards to handling the increasing pool of talented players at his disposal. Time will tell.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 2:18pm On Sep 11, 2018
Ademola lookman is welcome to super eagle bench I'm sure rorh will bench him for like 5 games b4 giving him a cameo if iwobi or Simon moses were around Samuel kalu will still be dreaming of a debut
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:23pm On Sep 11, 2018
maidaboi:
cos he is not playing currently

Is Simon Moses currently playing too? Why is he mentioned?

What about Omeruo, Idowu and Awaziem who have not played a single game this season?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2018
Earthquake1:
There is serious lack of humor in this thread angry

Everybody takes everybody too seriously

Arguments are expected to be made in a British gentlemanly way

Fights are squashed before they are started

This is nairaland for godsakes!!
it is impossible to detect a joke or sarcasm through texts.

thats why some people are sarcastic online like this:
IgHaLo iS tHe bEsT StrIkEr tHe SuPeR eAgLeS hAs EvEr hAd..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 2:27pm On Sep 11, 2018
ChrisKels:

Hmmmmm. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4696) (4697) (4698) (4699) (4700) (4701) (4702) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: a4turitoroman, caprikon, viccy12, elyte89, Napoleon55(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.