Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,984 members, 7,848,946 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 12:24 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4743) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11853710 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4740) (4741) (4742) (4743) (4744) (4745) (4746) ... (16246) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:00pm On Sep 17, 2018
charlesemeka85:
to those who love good rap,bars n rhymes pls try n get eminem's kamikaze album.
Old news. Killshot was a good reply to MGK

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:00pm On Sep 17, 2018
edi287:

09 set was even worse. I remember Westerhof saying they should be drafted in to SE before they fizzle out because most were at least 21.

Onazi, Omeruo, Kayode, Azeez, Ajagun are still playing from the 2009 set.

You can not find that many players from the 2007 set.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:01pm On Sep 17, 2018
forgiveness i doubt if you have seen igbekeme and fikayo play this season. i don't rate players based on their past exploits but current form and this is one of the problems bedeviling the apex team of this nation. igbekeme is miles better than onazi based on current form. he is creative,versatile(can play as a cm,dm,lw and am),younger and a workaholic. currently in the spanish 2nd tier is is called the new kante and have been one of the best players in this season so far. he is currently been monitored by the likes of sevilla and other top tier clubs in spain after just joining zaragoza few weeks ago.

timori have improved so much and have been a mainstay in derby's first team. having a young player whose utility will be immerse in the team will be a plus. he is naturally a centre back but can also play the rb position comfortably. lets forget about onazi and omeruo's past exploits and accept the fact that they are washed up now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:08pm On Sep 17, 2018
New Derby County loan signing Fikayo Tomori has shown his potential as a defender, as no player in the Championship has averaged more interceptions per game than the youngster (Whoscored).

Tomori joined Derby on loan from Premier League title challengers Chelsea, having previously worked closely with Rams boss Frank Lampard’s number two Jody Morris in the Blues’ academy.

The Rams brought in Tomori on a season-long loan deal, and he was immediately thrust into the starting eleven alongside Richard Keogh for the home game against Leeds – a match Derby lost 4-1.

But despite the drubbing by Marcelo Bielsa’s men, many felt Tomori was a standout and since then he has grown in stature, helping the team to successive 2-0 home victories over Ipswich Town and Preston North End.

Tomori's reading of the game is decent and he has explosive pace for a central defender, allowing him to track runners easily and cut out potentially dangerous passes – evident by a Championship best 3.8 interceptions per game.

Aside from possessing pace and awareness, the 20-year-old defender is physically strong. With an ability to pass out from the back, the Chelsea loanee could convert into a potential holding midfield player – an option Derby may eexercise with when Curtis Davies returns to action following injury. With Derby struggling to field a natural holding player (George Evans is injured and Tom Huddlestone out of the picture), Tomori may become the next best option.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:09pm On Sep 17, 2018
the album made me fall in love with rap and hiphop again
edi287:

Old news. Killshot was a good reply to MGK
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:27pm On Sep 17, 2018
ChrisKels:

That's a lie bro 09 has given us some meaningful players for the national team

Omeruo, Onazi, Kayode are all 09 while not even one person made it from 07

None is not correct. Lukuman Haruna played consistently with big clubs like Monaco, Dynamo Kyiv, and Anzi Makhachkala. Don't forget he was in South Africa 2010 world cup. He was ignored in his early years.

Dele Ajiboye is still around. Won the local league with Plateau United. In a sane society, he should be in the national team ahead of Ezemwa.

Rabiu Ibrahim could have made it but due to heart failure he went down though he went to the biggest or one of the biggest clubs in all the leagues he went to. PSV, Sporting Lisbon, Celtic, Gent etc He is currently in Slovakia league and his team is leading his team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:34pm On Sep 17, 2018
New Club Brugge star Arnaut Danjuma has now left the door open to play for the Super Eagles after he first said he only wanted to play for Holland.

The 21-year-old forward has now said he would “seriously consider” an Eagles call-up.

“I am proud of my origin. Africans are happier, open, they look less at the negative and get the best out of the situation. I also have that in me,” he said in an interview published by Voetbal International.

“Who knows, maybe I’ll play for Nigeria, I would seriously think about it if they called me up, but it would be a pity because I’d rather play for the Dutch national team. ”

Danjuma also revealed in the interview that Premier League champions Manchester City were interested in signing before he opted to join Club Brugge.

Danjuma, Bonaventure Dennis Listed For Champions League

“Manchester City were interested,” according to the winger who plays alongside Nigerian forward Bonaventure Dennis at the Belgian champions.

“There was also interest from other clubs from England, France and Germany, but I deliberately opted for Club (Brugge), it was just right.

“I have simply followed my feelings.”

He is set to make his UEFA Champions League debut at home against Borussia Dortmund tomorrow night.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 11:37pm On Sep 17, 2018
charlesemeka85:
to those who love good rap,bars n rhymes pls try n get eminem's kamikaze album.

Gorrit already. Haha!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:46pm On Sep 17, 2018
tbaba1234:

He was also the best keeper at the NPFL futures tournament for under 13s. The apple does not fall too far from the tree.

Great!

Hope this can turn out to be something like the schimichels.

You know, I had goosebumps watching Peter Schimichiel celebrating his son's penalty saves against Croatia.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:07am On Sep 18, 2018
charlesemeka85:
New Club Brugge star Arnaut Danjuma has now left the door open to play for the Super Eagles after he first said he only wanted to play for Holland.

The 21-year-old forward has now said he would “seriously consider” an Eagles call-up.

“I am proud of my origin. Africans are happier, open, they look less at the negative and get the best out of the situation. I also have that in me,” he said in an interview published by Voetbal International.

“Who knows, maybe I’ll play for Nigeria, I would seriously think about it if they called me up, but it would be a pity because I’d rather play for the Dutch national team. ”

Danjuma also revealed in the interview that Premier League champions Manchester City were interested in signing before he opted to join Club Brugge.

“Manchester City were interested,” according to the winger who plays alongside Nigerian forward Bonaventure Dennis at the Belgian champions.

“There was also interest from other clubs from England, France and Germany, but I deliberately opted for Club (Brugge), it was just right.

He is set to make his UEFA Champions League debut at home against Borussia Dortmund tomorrow night.

Dude has always wanted to repp Nigeria and here he is obviously begging for a call up, but trust the clueless one nah. He is gonna mess up our chances with this boy. For those of u who avnt seen him in action bfor, plz do well to see Brugge versus Dortmund tmrw.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:24am On Sep 18, 2018
forgiveness:

None is not correct. Lukuman Haruna played consistently with big clubs like Monaco, Dynamo Kyiv, and Anzi Makhachkala. Don't forget he was in South Africa 2010 world cup. He was ignored in his early years.

Dele Ajiboye is still around. Won the local league with Plateau United. In a sane society, he should be in the national team ahead of Ezemwa.

Rabiu Ibrahim could have made it but due to heart failure he went down though he went to the biggest or one of the biggest clubs in all the leagues he went to. PSV, Sporting Lisbon, Celtic, Gent etc He is currently in Slovakia league and his team is leading his team.

Do u know what durability and relevance mean? The clubs they signed for never knew they were over aged. They were victims of the players' fraudulent act, just as the Eagles were once or twice their victims too. But since no one can cheat nature, age caught up with them, hence dey cudnt stand the test of time neither were they relevant in the so called big teams they played for . Haruna was a bench warmer for a moribund Monaco side that ended up getting relegated. He was so poor at Kiev that when he was sent out on loan, he was rejected and sent back to Kiev. He was released finally at a supposed age of 22 abi 23. Rabiu was never at any time a rational deal by the various clubs he scammed

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:25am On Sep 18, 2018
Hahahaha
komekn:

U don scatter my head.

Eshagware I don tire 4 d mata.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:26am On Sep 18, 2018
charlesemeka85:

these are the kind of fine boys the Super Eagles need grin. Nk'a bu apunanwu. Falz suppose draft official document enlisting him as an Honorary Member of Sweet Boys Association grin grin

See as pesin pikin fresh like today bread cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:29am On Sep 18, 2018
Sir U will have to ask Rohr what he doesn’t like in Kayode. However, I still see him as average based on my high standards. You see he. As far ahead of the others because of your UEFA coefficient factor, fine. Simy got his chance just before the WC and Rohr still has faith in him just as he has in Joel Obi. Ask white Oningbinde.
forgiveness:

Is Simy Nwankwo what we have in Europe? Abeg do your research well.

As far as I am concern, Kayode is ahead of him and I don't think Kayode is average based on his goal return 13, 17 and 24 goals every season.

A player who was always among the top 3 highest goalscorers in all the leagues he was played as a CF and even became highest goalscorer and overall best league player should not be counted among average players.

Since joining Sharktar Doneskt, he has contributed to 4 goals (3 goals and 1 assist) in 8 matches already before injury set in. How can you say he is average?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:35am On Sep 18, 2018
He is open to the idea but clearly implies he prefers Netherlands by far. To seriously think about it means, he won’t just jump on it after a call up to Nigeria. Whereas, with Netherlands, he will be three in a heartbeat. Very honest chap.

ChrisKels:

Dude has always wanted to repp Nigeria and here he is obviously begging for a call up, but trust the clueless one nah. He is gonna mess up our chances with this boy. For those of u who avnt seen him in action bfor, plz do well to see Brugge versus Dortmund tmrw.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:43am On Sep 18, 2018
safarigirl me na apunawu too. make we hookup abeg grin grin grin grin grin
safarigirl:
these are the kind of fine boys the Super Eagles need grin. Nk'a bu apunanwu. Falz suppose draft official document enlisting him as an Honorary Member of Sweet Boys Association grin grin

See as pesin pikin fresh like today bread cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:43am On Sep 18, 2018
You have a point sha. Is he back from injury?

forgiveness:

He has already started playing and has scored 3 goals with one assist in 8 matches before he got injured.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:45am On Sep 18, 2018
Joebie:
He is open to the idea but clearly implies he prefers Netherlands by far. To seriously think about it means, he won’t just jump on it after a call up to Nigeria. Whereas, with Netherlands, he will be three in a heartbeat. Very honest chap.

They gave him the break, the platform to get to where he is today, so u shouldn't expect anything less, otherwise, he is an ingrate. Only a stupid boy points to his father's house with the left finger for it is absolutely stupid to bite the finger that fed/feeds u. We should stop being greedy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:45am On Sep 18, 2018
@last paragraph. That’s the point. We can only FANTASIZE

andrew444:

Who is igbekeme replacing? Bros cool down for that igbekeme abeg,suddenly you want him in the super eagles,according to what i read he plays as a left winger,sorry bros no space for him in the eagles.

I think phillip billing anyanwu want to place for denmark

Anyway dont expect those changes as far as rohr is the coach

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:47am On Sep 18, 2018
Of course, we should prioritize our approaches based on our present need. Some of these players need time and the picture will become clearer for them.

ChrisKels:

They gave him the break, the platform to get to where he is today, so u shouldn't expect anything less, otherwise, he is an ingrate. Only a stupid boy points to his father's house with the left finger for it is absolutely stupid to bite the finger that fed/feeds u. We should stop being greedy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:59am On Sep 18, 2018
Joebie:
Of course, we should prioritize our approaches based on our present need. Some of these players need time and the picture will become clearer for them.

I already said it last week, I wont be surprised if we miss out on the boy. I was pro Danjuma thinking he was a right winger till forgiveness woke me up to the reality. Dude is a left winger, same position we have an avalanche of personels. Unless he leaves Brugge for a bigger club like Monaco, Valencia, Lyon, Marseille, Napoli, fiorentina etc, otherwise Rohr aint looking his way because, for now he aint as good as what we have already. Infact he hasn't done what Bonaventure did for Brugge in his first season, month, week and day in the jupiler league. If Bonaventure was a FB, I doubt we would be singing Danjuma's praises as we doing now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:03am On Sep 18, 2018
If you want to impress the Franco-German score a couple goals in France or Germany. You won’t only get a call up, you are likely to get some playing time.

Icon4s:

Ujah IMHO has not done enough to deserve a recall. I would rather watch his run of form for a few more games.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:04am On Sep 18, 2018
inviting danjuma and ignoring dennis will be injustice thats the gospel truth. both have been immerse for club brugge
ChrisKels:

I already said it last week, I wont be surprised if we miss out on the boy. I was pro Danjuma thinking he was a right winger till forgiveness woke me up to the reality. Dude is a left winger, same position we have an avalanche of personels. Unless he leaves Brugge for a bigger club like Monaco, Valencia, Lyon, Marseille, Napoli, fiorentina etc, otherwise Rohr aint looking his way because, for now he aint as good as what we have already. Infact he hasn't done what Bonaventure did for Brugge in his first season, month, week and day in the jupiler league. If Bonaventure was a FB, I doubt we would be singing Danjuma's praises as we doing now.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:05am On Sep 18, 2018
These days wingers can play at either side.

ChrisKels:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:11am On Sep 18, 2018
Joebie:
These days wingers can play at either side.

That doesnt mean they dont have primary wings. Onyekuru and SiMoses will give u more, playing from the left than the right. Kalu will give u better crosses using his right foot than his left. Danjuma's primary position is the left wing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:14am On Sep 18, 2018
Rohr wen don speak Deutsche no fit convince them, na Pinnick? Only Uduokhai is a possibility, but the boy is undecided for now.

ChrisKels:

The bolded isnt entirely true, I say this because, some of the so called options aint up to scratch, plus we need staunch competitions in order to have some kinda substitutions by eliminations at the long run. This would make our defense stronger. I aint sold on Ajayi just yet, and as much as I love Omeruo and Awaziem, they should be seeing minutes of actions in their respective club sides because their bench role aint good for their form and growth neither is it for the national team.

Tomori deserves a look in, also the duo of Akpoguma and Uduokhai should still be tapped behind closed doors as the NFF did Ademola. I am all for an improved team. Deji Behruether and Ikouwem Utin deserve to be scrutinized too, because Idowu is an insult to the national team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:15am On Sep 18, 2018
Going by where has played most. That’s not conclusive.
ChrisKels:

That doesnt mean they dont have primary wings. Onyekuru and SiMoses will give u more, playing from the left than the right. Kalu will give u better crosses using his right foot than his left. Danjuma's primary position is the left wing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:20am On Sep 18, 2018
to me rohr's major priority should be to bring in more talented players regardless of the continent the player were born. many here feels european born lads are given preferential treatments because of where they are coming from but that should not be the case and a good example is the current french national team. i am of the opinion that we should cap as many foreign born lads as we can so the team will have a bigger pool to pick players from.

sentiments should not be given a chance to raise its ugly head when it comes to players selection. if we can get the likes of danjuma,billing,tomori,akpoguma,uduokhai,dessers,lookman,ejaria etc and they turn out to be better than what we already have i see no reason why they shouldn't be bonafide members of the team. the target should be the 2022 worldcup which i will say the preparation started at the last world cup. stiff competition for places in a football team even brings out the best from mediocre players. if danjuma and dennis will add more to the team than simon moses,kalu or even onyekuru i see no reason they should be added to the team at the expense of the underperforming players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:25am On Sep 18, 2018
Joebie:
Rohr wen don speak Deutsche no fit convince them, na Pinnick? Only Uduokhai is a possibility, but the boy is undecided for now.

I dont care how they do it, they just have to do it like they did Ademola's. Akpoguma especially has been somewhat a personanongrata for Germany, and sadly for hoffeinhem too. Dude is playing second fiddle to newly acquired Ghanaman Kasim Nuhu though the Nuhu guy is crocked now, Akpoguma is still finding it tough to get reasonable minutes under his belt. Getting him wont be that hard anymore but the qstn is, "is he good enough?" grin grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:28am On Sep 18, 2018
Joebie:
Going by where has played most. That’s not conclusive.

Now u are contradicting ur earlier stance. Do u want him or not? U kinda rigmarole bro. U just dey dribble me about grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:43am On Sep 18, 2018
as it stands now i believe akpoguma looks more likely. dude is 23, not really a regular at hoffenheim and for now is not even considered for a call up by the german national team who boast of better young central defenders in tah(leverkusen),sule(bayern),kehre(schalke 04),rudiger(chelsea) etc with older players like boateng and hummels still around. i even tip torunarigha to be capped by the german senior side before or if akpoguma will be considered. if he has a good manager his best bet for senior international football is with the super eagles.

uduokhai though not a regular in the german u21 but he is highly rated in the country and it will be a bit difficult to get though he is keeping his options open. torunarigha is a no go area cus dude is seen as the new jerome boateng and a mainstay in the country's u21 team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:50am On Sep 18, 2018
forgiveness:

Where is Lukman Haruna today? washed up at "28 years"... I watched him recently and he can not even run anymore. He was obviously more than 17 in 2007.

Ajiboye is a keeper and keepers have longer careers.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4740) (4741) (4742) (4743) (4744) (4745) (4746) ... (16246) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christology(m), Amedino99(m), zuchyblink(m), Enoughpull, Shegzdave, Tinneh and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.