Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4745) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11779044 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4742) (4743) (4744) (4745) (4746) (4747) (4748) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 1:09pm On Sep 18, 2018
Joebie:
Haha Collins na defender na.
Komekn go happy well well. Komekn, which English manager do you recommend?
His choice has always been Sol Campbell.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 1:09pm On Sep 18, 2018
Joebie:
His choice has always been Sol Campbell.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:53pm On Sep 18, 2018
People who can’t spot sarcasm
Humility017:

you can get Tammy.
how does the attitude towards Nigeria by both players collaborate?
one made a nauseating remark...the other talked cool.
probably you need someone to spot the difference for you in their remarks.
sometimes sentiments won't let us reason straight.

Tammy is far gone...if you were wooing both let say as a guy...who will you still go for...
the Tammy that publicly disgraced you or Kelvin who never said such.

please don't let us drag ourselves on this... none of these guys is a world class player and I doubt if they will ever be...they need the super eagles to revive their ailing career.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:57pm On Sep 18, 2018
Akpoguma and Torinarigha turned down Nigeria. Wetin remain again? Uduokhai kind of kept it open 50-50.

Modified
Tega? Abeg leave matter for matter. This is his second spell in the Championship. Make we see.
komekn:

In this context 100% correct.

There is a clear double blatant and shameless standard with regard to the approach for German Nigerian players, WHY

Add to that in comparison Tega Abrahams is stand out player, we currently do not have striker better than him.

With regards to Akpoguma, Uduokhai and Torunarigha are they better than Iorfa. But look at the approach and red carpet antics set up to get them into the SE.

And how they treated Iorfa almost like there is some hidden bad belle going on.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:08pm On Sep 18, 2018
Danielnino00:

Haruna last game for the SE was against Tanzania in Dar es Salam I believe.. The wat he was playing in the first half eh...I was so angry... The guys at the viewing centre started insulting him cus it was obvious he faked his age..

Not that it's a new thing Haruna faked his age,because so many players right now also faked their age,the problem is that haruna faked his age by reducing at least 11 years from his real age and he is a very lazy player.

Even taiwo is still playing at 33 and scoring from defence in the finish league

Haruna cannot even get a club for 2 years before he joined palanga in Lithuania

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:11pm On Sep 18, 2018
Be like say u know am reach house oh lol

andrew444:

Not that it's a new thing Haruna faked his age,because so many players right now also faked their age,the problem is that haruna faked his age by reducing at least 11 years from his real age and he is a very lazy player.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:11pm On Sep 18, 2018
forgiveness:

Well, I have not seen both played this season but based on what I saw in Tomori's game last season and from what I know about hyping on players in the early stage of the season, I don't think they are good enough or better than Onazi and Omeruo. Mbanu

Watched Tomori closely several times but I wasn't really impressed or wooded by him. Maybe he has improved as you said but how much? Has he made Championships team of the week or won MOTMs?

Last season, Ramon Azeez won MOTM award and made team of the week in la Liga 2 early in the season but faded off at the end of the season. We also heard how big clubs in EPL and LA Liga monitored him but......So, I don't think Igbekeme has done anything deserving to be called to the national team for now except he wins la Liga player of the month or gets nominated for la Liga 2 player of the year.

If you talk about versatility and current form, Onazi is versatile and currently in form.

Igbekeme might not have done anything to deserve a call up,let me agree on that ,but common stop this player of the month or player of the week of a thing okay,so If a player won player of the month in a league then that player deserve to be call up ? Is that now you judge your own football ?

When Isaac success won Grenada player of the season before his move to watford was he called up to the eagles because of that ?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:13pm On Sep 18, 2018
Our away game against Libya won't hold in Algeria but Tunisia...

Source: Brila
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 2:14pm On Sep 18, 2018
Odunayaw:
Cause we are the Brazils,Germanys & Spains of this world?

Not necessarily but yes we do have players in top leagues. When the team gets choke full with average/skreppy bench warmers it will backfire. That time insults will start to fly up and down.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:15pm On Sep 18, 2018
andrew444:

Well... I won't say Haruna faked his age cus I don't have evidence of that...

But that laziness part is very true... grin ..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 18, 2018
maidaboi:
i know you are not blind

I indirectly asked for clarification on your statement and you subtly proffered an insult. Everyone has a right to an opinion. PEACE.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 2:51pm On Sep 18, 2018
Joebie:
People who can’t spot sarcasm
then you really need to learn on how to be sarcastic. believe with time you will catch up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 3:04pm On Sep 18, 2018
James omonigho Igbekeme... nice left leg but no bursting pace.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2018
If the rolling of red carpet or green carpet didn’t reveal sarcasm to you, nothing will.

Humility017:

then you really need to learn on how to be sarcastic.
believe with time you will catch up.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:12pm On Sep 18, 2018
A top source in the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) has confirmed the intention of the football house to cap the duo of Ademola Lookman and Arnold Groeneveld Danjuma when Nigeria play Libya in back to back AFCON 2019 Qualifiers games.

Lookman represented England at various youth levels but he has now pledge his senior international future to Nigeria despite a late push by England.

Danjuma represented the U21s of the Netherlands during the last international break but he refused to close the door on representing Nigeria at senior level even though he confirmed his preference to play for the Dutch national team.

Nigeria have moved to cap the talented wingers and already talks are on with their advisers to seal their international switch before the game against Libya in October, however they are in a rush against time to conclude the switch.

” Time is not on our hands but we will try to conclude the switch for both of them or probably one before the next game against Libya. We are hopeful “, he told Owngoalnigeria.com.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:13pm On Sep 18, 2018
This is the original quote Mr Humility017 . Be HUMBLE to admit the obvious.

JoebieII:
If we must go for Akpoguma, then we should go for Tammy Abraham. For me, they are in the same boat.. red carpet guys... abi na green carpet we wan spread this time?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:14pm On Sep 18, 2018
Owngoalnigeria.com had a chat with Hamburg highly rated 18 year old defensive midfielder Jonas Benjamin Chimezie David who recently declared his intention to represent Nigeria ahead of Germany to this portal last month.

Already he has made the step up to the first team and he earned positive reviews after impressing in a pre season friendly game against Bayern Munich and it immediately sparked talks about his international future.

In this interview with Osas Mahawi, Jonas explained why he opt for Nigeria ahead of Germany and his immediate aim of playing for Nigeria at any level, although the U20s is his main target for now.

OGN – Hello Jonas, what informed your decision to declare for Nigeria ahead of Germany?

Jonas – I want to make my father proud and playing for the country that he comes from will help me fulfill my aim of making him very happy.

OGN – Are your parents in support of your decision to play for Nigeria ahead of Germany?

Jonas – Yes. I am blessed with the most wonderful set of parent. They support my decision and I pray it comes to pass soonest than later.

OGN – Have you ever been to Nigeria ‎?

Jonas – No. I have not been to Nigeria yet, but this is a fact I really want to change in the nearest future. Hopefully before or if I get invited to any of the national team of Nigeria.

OGN – What’s your immediate target with the Nigerian team?

Jonas – Honestly, I want to progress through the ranks meaning I will love to start from the youth teams but that doesn’t mean I’m not eyeing the senior national team of Nigeria.

OGN – So who is your favourite Super Eagles player?

Jonas – John Obi Mikel. The captain and I share similar characteristic as midfielders and I hope to emulate his success with the Nigerian team and also match his achievement at club level.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:14pm On Sep 18, 2018
SlayerForever:
There's too much consideration for average players here. Invitation to such players will not augur well for the team. There will be no step up in gameplay/improvement. Please let's stick to the best of the bunch, CURRENTLY PLAYING TOP LEAGUE FIRST TEAM FOOTBALL.

How many of our players are playing in the top 5 leagues in Europe. Add to that are stand out players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:19pm On Sep 18, 2018
safarigirl:
LMFAO!

Stand-out Kini? How has he stood out this season? How did he stand out last season? Or are you still trying to drag us back to two seasons ago in the championship?

Remove your sentimental shades Oga, Tammy is another average, over hyped player who was exposed for the fraud he is last season. If he was German, you would be roasting him and telling us how he would never make it in League Two

The only clear double blatant and shameless standard here is the one you set. Go and buy shame in Alaba market and stop showing yourself here

I didn't call for Tega to be included but rather highlighted the double standard in relation to the Nigerian origin players in Germany.

But you couldn't exercise control over your blinded prejudice to jump in with unfounded spurious allegations. Garnished with nonsensical propositions in the negative.

With regards to Tega do we have a striker who is better and his career is not on the decline in any way.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:19pm On Sep 18, 2018
Hahaha I hope say this interview na true. The other day to dug out something for a comment section.

charlesemeka85:
Owngoalnigeria.com had a chat with Hamburg highly rated 18 year old defensive midfielder Jonas Benjamin Chimezie David who recently declared his intention to represent Nigeria ahead of Germany to this portal last month.

Already he has made the step up to the first team and he earned positive reviews after impressing in a pre season friendly game against Bayern Munich and it immediately sparked talks about his international future.

In this interview with Osas Mahawi, Jonas explained why he opt for Nigeria ahead of Germany and his immediate aim of playing for Nigeria at any level, although the U20s is his main target for now.

OGN – Hello Jonas, what informed your decision to declare for Nigeria ahead of Germany?

Jonas – I want to make my father proud and playing for the country that he comes from will help me fulfill my aim of making him very happy.

OGN – Are your parents in support of your decision to play for Nigeria ahead of Germany?

Jonas – Yes. I am blessed with the most wonderful set of parent. They support my decision and I pray it comes to pass soonest than later.

OGN – Have you ever been to Nigeria ‎?

Jonas – No. I have not been to Nigeria yet, but this is a fact I really want to change in the nearest future. Hopefully before or if I get invited to any of the national team of Nigeria.

OGN – What’s your immediate target with the Nigerian team?

Jonas – Honestly, I want to progress through the ranks meaning I will love to start from the youth teams but that doesn’t mean I’m not eyeing the senior national team of Nigeria.

OGN – So who is your favourite Super Eagles player?

Jonas – John Obi Mikel. The captain and I share similar characteristic as midfielders and I hope to emulate his success with the Nigerian team and also match his achievement at club level.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:20pm On Sep 18, 2018
Ighalo is far better than Tega. I want to see how you would dispute this.

komekn:

I didn't call for Tega to be included but rather highlighted the double standard in relation to the Nigerian origin players in Germany.

But you couldn't exercise control over your blinded prejudice to jump in with unfounded spurious allegations. Garnished with nonsensical propositions in the negative.

With regards to Tega do we have a striker who is better and his career is not on the decline in any way.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:23pm On Sep 18, 2018
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! bros na so i see am ooooo
Joebie:
Hahaha I hope say this interview na true. The other day to dug out something for a comment section.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2018
Joebie:

Without one iota of doubt or misgiving what so ever.

Chris Houghton the most straight forward manager of unquestionable integrity that I know in English football.

Unfortunately I very doubt if we could or would contract him, he has zero tolerance for anything that's not above board.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 4:12pm On Sep 18, 2018
komekn:

How many of our players are playing in the top 5 leagues in Europe. Add to that are stand out players.

Outstanding,not really. I'm against calling so many "average" players that are not necessarily better than what is on ground at the moment. No disrespect to the suggestions given here but if we invited even half of what is mentioned here,the national team will be a disaster. It's not supposed to be a testing ground you know. Only the best of the uncapped bunch should be considered.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:12pm On Sep 18, 2018
Joebie:
Ighalo is far better than Tega. I want to see how you would dispute this.

I agree with you for now and in the present.

But I would add he is somewhat different and is not that far behind him. But outside of Ighalo I don't see anybody else.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2018
Through a statement on their official website, German club Hamburger SV have announced that promising Nigerian midfielder Jonas Benjamin Chimezie David has penned a new contract.

Jonas David has committed his future to Hamburg until the summer of 2021, having put pen to paper on a three-year deal.

The midfielder's previous agreement with HSV was due to run out in June 2019 and is thereby converted into a professional contract.

He was delighted to pen a new deal with Hamburg, saying : ''I am obviously happy to have signed my first professional contract.

''For every young player, the aim is to be offered their first contract. I know that this is just the beginning. It is now up to me to put in good performances in training to get some more playing time.

''I am from Hamburg, have always been a HSV fan and can say that this club is my home. Therefore, this is an extremely special day for me.''

Aged 18, Jonas David made his professional debut for Hamburg on the opening day of the season against Holstein Kiel when he replaced David Bates in the 56th minute at Volksparkstadion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:17pm On Sep 18, 2018
Danielnino00:

Well... I won't say Haruna faked his age cus I don't have evidence of that...

But that laziness part is very true... grin ..

Kanu, Okocha,Taribo, Ikpeba, etc,etc officially nobody has faked age.

Because we do not have Automatic Birth Data capture it's impossible to official verify age in Nigeria. Sworn declaration will suffice.

So it's an exercise in time wasting
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2018
komekn:

lol....it's like you only learnt the words "nonsensical propositions" and "prejudiced bias" in all your years. Get creative with your responses my guy, you are too predictable

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 4:30pm On Sep 18, 2018
safarigirl:
lol....it's like you only learnt the words "nonsensical propositions" and "prejudiced bias" in all your years. Get creative with your responses my guy, you are too predictable

The way you tackle this guy makes me remember when we were much younger. We would've said you like the guy and be calling you both husband and wife.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 4:50pm On Sep 18, 2018
Joebie, you can believe anything from Owngoal Nigeria at your own peril. Those folks are experts in making up their own interviews and fabricating their own sources.

O pari

Joebie:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2018
charlesemeka85:
Through a statement on their official website, German club Hamburger SV have announced that promising Nigerian midfielder Jonas Benjamin Chimezie David has penned a new contract.

Jonas David has committed his future to Hamburg until the summer of 2021, having put pen to paper on a three-year deal.

The midfielder's previous agreement with HSV was due to run out in June 2019 and is thereby converted into a professional contract.

He was delighted to pen a new deal with Hamburg, saying : ''I am obviously happy to have signed my first professional contract.

''For every young player, the aim is to be offered their first contract. I know that this is just the beginning. It is now up to me to put in good performances in training to get some more playing time.

''I am from Hamburg, have always been a HSV fan and can say that this club is my home. Therefore, this is an extremely special day for me.''

Aged 18, Jonas David made his professional debut for Hamburg on the opening day of the season against Holstein Kiel when he replaced David Bates in the 56th minute at Volksparkstadion.
who is this one again oh

(1) (2) (3) ... (4742) (4743) (4744) (4745) (4746) (4747) (4748) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: superbloke(m), bennie1980(m), Darell2002(f), Towbaba500(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.