Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4921) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11777135 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4918) (4919) (4920) (4921) (4922) (4923) (4924) ... (16192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 7:56pm On Oct 14, 2018
daveP:
I have come to a conclusion and that will I stick to till God knows when, as regards naija politics.... any aspirant that skips a debate is very clueless and senile and lifeless, has nothing to offer the people he expects would lineup and vote him in.

out Nigeria, this conclusion of mine don't apply, but as much we are in the boundaries of naija, it is valid to me. lol.

The track record of all those that skipped being present is there for us.

When I watched his media chat back at '16, I screamed; What have we gotten ourselves into Naija?

Just see how he embarrassed himself and the entire nation when asked a question on the African economy and he went on about how Nigerian youths are only interested in receiving handouts and not interested in education.

What a disaster that man is to this already feeble nation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:56pm On Oct 14, 2018
CaptainStephen:
This breaks my heart, what happened to having a good name? we shouldn't tow this path no matter the circumstances involved. My father will always call my name and say don't depend on government for anything, that is why I am saving so I can smile when I retire and my pension isn't paid. That's the same set I have carried and make bold to vow I have never and will never involve my self in corruption.
It's not going to be easy as persecution will definitely come but my brother the future of this nation is in our hands.

Exactly! Good name is more precious than gold. This was what my grandfather and father taught me and above all Jesus.

I can tell you the positions they rejected in the government and judiciary due to corruption.

Please, continue with the good work. God will reward you.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2018
forgiveness:

Everyone here sympathize with the middle belterns too but there are many ways to fight. I will not disclose the way it has been decided here.

Hope God help our nation in this.

I don't get
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:59pm On Oct 14, 2018
tbaba1234:
Let me add something to this corruption talk.

Nigeria is not irredeemably corrupt. This is inspite of endemic corruption, you see around you.

When i first got to the US. What struck was not a lack of corruption but the systems and controls in place to check it. These systems once established begin to shape behavior with time. I remember telling people that America is potentially as corrupt as Nigeria if you remove the consequences.

We are too focused on catching criminals and less focused on making it incredibly hard to steal in the first place. If you arrest a corrupt person today, another corrupt person will simply replace him if there are no proper systems.

What does this mean? It means government should be focused on proper reforms on how agencies operate. And this is achievable. I have worked in consulting and provided financial control recommendations to major companies.

I remember speaking to Nigerian Senator a few years ago and he bluntly told me that the only hope for Nigeria is the future generation because his generation are so messed up.

We can not go into service with the mentality of stealing.. We need more people willing to serve and do the right thing.

Good bless you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:03pm On Oct 14, 2018
Earthquake1:

God, I'm in Nigeria, that's enough reason

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 8:04pm On Oct 14, 2018
oloriooko:
Ndidi needs to start shaping himself to score
The dude has canon shots in his boots but seem to have lost confidence in releasing the shots
Would love to see him scoring
didn't you see his header which came off the post?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:04pm On Oct 14, 2018
junnyjake:

I don't get

Bro, just leave matter. wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 8:12pm On Oct 14, 2018
Danielnino00:

I'm very impressed with the way the Kenyans have upgraded their stadium.. the pitch is world class...

That Uyo pitch was looking poor yesterday.. I'm sure its due to the recent political rallies being held there . with the election around the corner, most of d stadium pitches will have depleted when it's time to face Seychelles...
Kenyans are known for world class football pitch, my friend even jokes that the rest of the world import grass from Kenya for their stadiums
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:22pm On Oct 14, 2018
The super eagles have reportedly donated 6 million naira to the Nigeria amputee football team who are cash strapped ahead of the amputee world cup...

Good gesture..

CC: Joebie

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 8:23pm On Oct 14, 2018
TEGADR:

ighalo should come in as a sub... we ve won the first leg for godsake... we need to test more strikers

Dude you're exposing your football ignorance on this thread grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:24pm On Oct 14, 2018
Triniti:
Kenyans are known for world class football pitch, my friend even jokes that the rest of the world import glass from Kenya for their stadiums

I think we should stop using only grass pitches... It seems hard for us to maintain..
Hybrid pitch will be better.. Just like Enyimba...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:25pm On Oct 14, 2018
Even Nacho man felt the Ighalo goal.. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 8:30pm On Oct 14, 2018
Danielnino00:
Even Nacho man felt the Ighalo goal.. grin

He should be jealous, that's how we know world class strikers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 8:38pm On Oct 14, 2018
Earthquake1:

Which kain bad belle is that? Is he no longer a Nigerian, so as he didn't play nobody must score. Most football players don't think this way, your team is still your team.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 8:40pm On Oct 14, 2018
Kalapizim:
didn't you see his header which came off the post?
He should stop targeting the woodwork he should be hitting the back of the net
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 8:49pm On Oct 14, 2018
rabzy:

Which kain bad belle is that? Is he no longer a Nigerian, so as he didn't play nobody must score. Most football players don't think this way, your team is still your team.

Strikers have a way of thinking, imagine Sergio Aguero or Harry Kane being benched for an important match while his assistant scores

The best strikers are selfish
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:53pm On Oct 14, 2018
Danielnino00:

I think we should stop using only grass pitches... It seems hard for us to maintain..
Hybrid pitch will be better.. Just like Enyimba...
I agree, hybrid is a way out for its good resistance to trampling
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:56pm On Oct 14, 2018
junnyjake:

When I watched his media chat back at '16, I screamed; What have we gotten ourselves into Naija?

Just see how he embarrassed himself and the entire nation when asked a question on the African economy and he went on about how Nigerian youths are only interested in receiving handouts and not interested in education.

What a disaster that man is to this already feeble nation.

Hahahahaha Sai Baba!!!! When I remember say na middle belt and West carry this whole buhari thing for head last 4 years chai grin grin

Bro we are in this together though the only difference is that nothing concern me concern election or politics as long as me and my family are making our dough and living good, naija can rot for all I care. I kno this is a bad mindset but I just cant help it. For once, since I was born, I avnt casted a vote. I only get voter card just in case I have any bank issue to sort out or anything similar. On election days, I get myself a fresh keg of palm wine chilled in my deep freeze onto supreme comradic jolly as AB Nzeako wey I be then, put an interesting series like Prison Break, 24, Merlin et al or a cracking movie like Puvo mario's the Godfather...then begin dey flex myself all by myself in my house with a better kegite gyrations from my favorite ilyas and songitos like AB Cowboy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:56pm On Oct 14, 2018
Samuel Kalu was taking replacing Victor Moses too far. He was just plain annoying to watch at times yesterday. I would like him to keep things simple because he couldn't even deliver a good cross and that is supposed to be his calling card.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:00pm On Oct 14, 2018
Earthquake1:

Somebody that hugged Ighalo after Samuel Kalu won the penalty in Seychelles grin. These guys care about one another it is not about their personal stats but the team.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:11pm On Oct 14, 2018
oloriooko:

He should stop targeting the woodwork he should be hitting the back of the net

God have mercy!!! Where are all these ppl coming out from na? U wan tear my bele wt lafta? grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:12pm On Oct 14, 2018
forgiveness:

What is your business with me expressing my civil rights?

Even if Osibanjo is Atiku's VP I will not vote for Atiku and PDP. Understand?
please move aside
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:19pm On Oct 14, 2018
Icon4s:

So as we have won the first leg, we have qualified?

don't tell me that all of sudden chief....Ighalo has won your heart?

me still watching him closely tho...I was impressed with his last performance.
believe any of nancho or success can as well score should any of them get to play on Tuesday
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:26pm On Oct 14, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Somebody that hugged Ighalo after Samuel Kalu won the penalty in Seychelles grin. These guys care about one another it is not about their personal stats but the team.

Yet some people dey here dey carry dia matter for head onto we are pro KC, and they are pro Ighalo grin grin

My dear, I am pro nobody, if u do good I hail u, if u mess up, I use u mop floor. Today na me hail Success pass but last year, na me murder him pass bkus he disappointed me with his off field shenanigans. Today I dey hail Musa but na me dey call am headless chicken bfor the world cup. I dont glorify mediocrity. Left for me, Iheanacho go chop bench tire till he steps up his game. Na Isaac Success I dey hail now because Ighalo and Nacho do us strong thing for Russia grin grin

Na for CE better Eagles fans dey and na there I dey enjoy myself pass, here, ppl are too emotionally attached to players that they hardly spot their flaws.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:38pm On Oct 14, 2018
CaptainStephen:
This breaks my heart, what happened to having a good name? we shouldn't tow this path no matter the circumstances involved. My father will always call my name and say don't depend on government for anything, that is why I am saving so I can smile when I retire and my pension isn't paid. That's the same set I have carried and make bold to vow I have never and will never involve my self in corruption.
It's not going to be easy as persecution will definitely come but my brother the future of this nation is in our hands.

Captain, since this is a faceless forum, I think I can air my opinion without fearing that you'll send your army boys after me grin grin cheesy

The Nigerian Army is one of the hotbeds of corruption. We have not forgotten that your boss (Buratai) was reported to have accumulated wealth to the extent that he bought houses in Dubai.

Even in the street in Abuja where I live, (and they call the place army officer's street), there are Army Generals that have built such humongous structures obviously from the proceeds of corruption. You need to come and see these magnificent edifices built newly on multiple acres (a plot in my area goes for 20million).

It is a very painful situation because the soldiers fighting Boko-haram in the NE part of Nigeria have continuously complained of being abandoned, allowances not paid on time (or not at all), poor rotation of fighting men and then you hear of mutiny....and then court-martials of the erring soldiers. The List is endless.

Now, you said you wouldn't partake in venality yet you hope to remain in such an Army. How would it be possible? I think you may be courting assassination or even early retirement bro.

Just my observation. Please feel free to correct any misconceptions.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:39pm On Oct 14, 2018
ChrisKels:

Yet some people dey here dey carry dia matter for head onto we are pro KC, and they are pro Ighalo grin grin

My dear, I am pro nobody, if u do good I hail u, if u mess up, I use u mop floor. Today na me hail Success pass but last year, na me murder him pass bkus he disappointed me with his off field shenanigans. Today I dey hail Musa but na me dey call am headless chicken bfor the world cup. I dont glorify mediocrity. Left for me, Iheanacho go chop bench tire till he steps up his game. Na Isaac Success I dey hail now because Ighalo and Nacho do us strong thing for Russia grin grin

Na for CE better Eagles fans dey and na there I dey enjoy myself pass, here, ppl are too emotionally attached to players that they hardly spot their flaws.

True talk bro.

Castigate a player, they tag you hater, praise that same player, they say you're impartial and unbiased.

undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:42pm On Oct 14, 2018
Earthquake1:

Dude you're exposing your football ignorance on this thread grin

I think he has a point oo.

So that if Ighalo fall hand, we won't be left hanging abi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:42pm On Oct 14, 2018
Great!!!

Danielnino00:
The super eagles have reportedly donated 6 million naira to the Nigeria amputee football team who are cash strapped ahead of the amputee world cup...

Good gesture..

CC: Joebie
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:43pm On Oct 14, 2018
darkelf:

Captain, since this is a faceless forum, I think I can air my opinion without fearing that you'll send your army boys after me grin grin cheesy

The Nigerian Army is one of the hotbeds of corruption. We have not forgotten that your boss (Buratai) was reported to have accumulated wealth to the extent that he bought houses in Dubai.

Even in the street in Abuja where I live, (and they call the place army officer's street), there are Army Generals that have built such humongous structures obviously from the proceeds of corruption. You need to come and see these magnificent edifices built newly on multiple acres (a plot in my area goes for 20million).

It is a very painful situation because the soldiers fighting Boko-haram in the NE part of Nigeria have continuously complained of being abandoned, allowances not paid on time (or not at all), poor rotation of fighting men and then you hear of mutiny....and then court-martials of the erring soldiers. The List is endless.

Now, you said you wouldn't partake in venality yet you hope to remain in such an Army. How would it be possible? I think you may be courting assassination or even early retirement bro.

Just my observation. Please feel free to correct any misconceptions.

How much is the salary of a General?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:45pm On Oct 14, 2018
For me the best goal celebration of all time. The Zimbabwe guy scores and proceeds to give a lecture to his teammates who are even asking questions.
https://twitter.com/SaddickAdams/status/1051193980652797957

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:46pm On Oct 14, 2018
darkelf:

True talk bro.

Castigate a player, they tag you hater, praise that same player, they say you're impartial and unbiased.

undecided

Lol I see dem as confused fellows, and that confusion is borne outta ignorance grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:47pm On Oct 14, 2018
forgiveness:

How much is the salary of a General?

I don't think it's up to a million per month bros (consolidated)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4918) (4919) (4920) (4921) (4922) (4923) (4924) ... (16192) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bigblangston and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.