Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4922) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11633951 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4919) (4920) (4921) (4922) (4923) (4924) (4925) ... (16139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:49pm On Oct 14, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
For me the best goal celebration of all time. The Zimbabwe guy scores and proceeds to give a lecture to his teammates who are even asking questions.
https://twitter.com/SaddickAdams/status/1051193980652797957

Dey Copied England who are the original owners and inventors of this celebration. Nothing new here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:52pm On Oct 14, 2018
We just dey learn na. Only say our corruption crude well well
edi287:

100 percent facts at the bolded. Corruption at Wall Street, etc is probably just as bad - the thing is closing all the avenues and any loopholes for them to take advantage of.
Just watch American Greed and you'll see they stack up to us when it comes to "corruption".

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:53pm On Oct 14, 2018
Awaziem
AIG07:
Second leg Starting Line-up
------—-----Uzoho-------------
Aina-Ekong-Balogun-Collins
---------Ndidi-Etebo---------
Musa-Iwobi-Kalu
—-------Ighalo---------

Question:
Who played the right back position against Seychelles?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:54pm On Oct 14, 2018
grin go back to ur medical books
TEGADR:

ighalo should come in as a sub... we ve won the first leg for godsake... we need to test more strikers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:56pm On Oct 14, 2018
darkelf:

I don't think it's up to a million per month bros (consolidated)

When state judge dey receive 1m? Supreme court justice dey receive around 5 - 10m? How can a Nigerian General receive less than 1m?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:57pm On Oct 14, 2018
forgiveness:

When state judge dey receive 1m? Supreme court justice dey receive around 5 - 10m? How can a Nigerian General receive less than 1m?

I have an aunt who is a federal court judge. That salary you quoted is illegal.

Don't support corruption or try to justify it. Haba

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 10:00pm On Oct 14, 2018
At least for awhile,.. We will hear less of the words "stiff neck" and "white Onigbinde" towards Rohr lipsrsealed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:02pm On Oct 14, 2018
White Oningbinde!!!
realpoacher:
At least for awhile,.. We will hear less of the words "stiff neck" and "white Onigbinde" towards Rohr lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:02pm On Oct 14, 2018
ChrisKels:

Dey Copied England who are the original owners and inventors of this celebration. Nothing new here

England? Since when did they have swag in celebration? I thought u would say SA or even Ghana.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:08pm On Oct 14, 2018
darkelf:

I have an aunt who is a federal court judge. That salary you quoted is illegal.

Don't support corruption or try to justify it. Haba

Well, I have an aunty who is working in one state judiciary. So, I know. Apart from that, free car and house are guaranteed after every 3 or 4 years depending on the governor.

It's confirmed.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:09pm On Oct 14, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

England? Since when did they have swag in celebration? I thought u would say SA or even Ghana.

Ever heard of Jammie Bullard?

Hull City also did it under Phil Brown

Do u remember Finidi's male doggy style urination near the corner flag and or Nigerian 2008 Olympics team goal celebration spareheaded by Isaac Promise called the prayer warrior exorcism goal celebration? These plus Kidiaba's butt dance and many more are trade marked in Africa. That show put up there by Zim was Copied from England

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:11pm On Oct 14, 2018
darkelf:

I don't think it's up to a million per month bros (consolidated)
General? there are four types of generals

The least (Brig gen) is a little above #600k
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:48pm On Oct 14, 2018
ChrisKels:

Ever heard of Jammie Bullard?

Hull City also did it under Phil Brown

Do u remember Finidi's male doggy style urination near the corner flag and or Nigerian 2008 Olympics team goal celebration spareheaded by Isaac Promise called the prayer warrior exorcism goal celebration? These plus Kidiaba's butt dance and many more are trade marked in Africa. That show put up there by Zim was Copied from England

Ghana,Cameroon and ivory coast had the best goal celebration at afcon 2008 and 2010 plus other editions.. grin
Naija no dy celebrate goals like that... grin

Modified: The 2013 U-17 world cup winning team goal celebration was cool though...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:50pm On Oct 14, 2018
Danielnino00:

Ghana,Cameroon and ivory coast had the best goal celebration at afcon 2008 and 2010 plus other editions.. grin
Naija no dy celebrate goals like that... grin

We are less individual nowadays so we could see one in the future.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:56pm On Oct 14, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

We are less individual nowadays so we could see one in the future.
Agreed with no iota of reservations grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 10:58pm On Oct 14, 2018
charlesemeka85:
congrats sweetheart!

Thanks baba
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:06pm On Oct 14, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

Brother not too young to rule is a scam! At what age did Gown rule Nigeria? What's the average age of pple that fought for independence? What's the average age of the first set of army that stage first coup in Nigeria? What's the age of Dimeji Bankole when he was a speaker of House of Representative? What is the age of ObJ when he first rule Nigeria? What of Awolowo? What of Zik? I can go on and on. Youths in Nigeria has been in forefront of many developmental proj in Nigeria.. We re Just unfortunate we don't have developmental plans.

So effectively we have been ruled by more youthful leaders than old ones.

And to look a little deeper we discover that the architects of the Nigerian problem started with the YOUTH.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:09pm On Oct 14, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

God bless you abundantly!!! We know atiku is not the Messiah but by miles better than bubu!!! Bubu has taken us to stone age.

We come to the painful realisation that our choices are essentially the better of two evils.

That's the choice in this in effect two party federation that we have.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:12pm On Oct 14, 2018
daveP:
grin grin grin

Any news as regards the injury scare of Shehu. Was one of the few glad to see him back.

No one is even talking of the average age of the XI that played yesterday. looks like an u23 team to me.

Defenders average was 23yrs.

Midfield was 22yrs if I'm not mistaken.

And the attack @23yrs also.

This team needs a new gel and I sense that's what Rohr is doing thus it looks like he froze out the elders.

come 2019, if they team played like 12games before Afcon, I'm sure they would stun Africa, even with a Salah playing against them.

Should we really in all honesty be talking about average age or how officially young our teams are.

It's of no consequence it brings no value in quality or ability to the team and in reality we know how our ages are created.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:16pm On Oct 14, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

God bless you captain. May God Lord continue to make you stand strong in the midst of adversity.

People doesn't know you will ripe whatever you sow. Might not be now.. But definitely you will.. For every corruption there are tears in homes of some people. Can you count how many innocent soldiers died of lack of ammunition to fight insurgency? Cos of corruption! We can still stand right . Whatever it is right do it!

This is a topic I decided to longer contribute on because it's TOO PAINFUL.

I have tried to get involved officially and thier is no quest for best value just the best deal.

I really do not know how these top brass sleep at night after being responsible for the wilful deaths of so many young combatants.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:18pm On Oct 14, 2018
charlesemeka85:
Owngoalnigeria.com witnessed the game live at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium and our correspondent reveals the five things he noticed about the Super Eagles in the course of the win over the Mediterranean Knights.

1. Jamilu Collins Should Be Eagles First Choice Left Back- He is what Nigerians have been crying out for. A quick left full back who can defend, attack and also contribute to team balance. Barring a criminal loss of form, the Paderborn left full back has no doubt cemented his spot as first choice at left back for the Super Eagles.

2. Alex Iwobi Is A Classic Number 10 – Playing alongside creative players like Aaron Ramsey, Mesut Ozil, Henrikh Mkhitaryan among others has helped his decision making particularly this season under Unai Emery. He operated as a classic number ten as he was not just assured in possession, he picked his passes at the right time and also executed them with minimum fuss.

3. Ekong Is Most Improved Player Under Rohr- If there’s an award for the most improved Super Eagles player then Ekong should win it. His growth is phenomenal both at club level and at international level where he is now one of the captains of the team. Yesterday’s game showed how well he has matured from 2013 when he first played for Nigeria.

4. Samuel Kalu ‎Is A Mix Bag Of Pleasure & Pain – Never has a player integrated so fast into the team like Kalu has in such a short time but his decision making is stil a big worry. The Bordeaux forward is usually caught in between shooting or passing and more often than not he took the wrong decision during yesterday’s game. He still has it in him to come good.

5. Uzoho Is Nigeria’s Best For Now – Francis Uzoho wasn’t quite troubled yesterday by the Libyans but his save in the first half played a big role in the 4 -0 win because if the first half header which he saved ‎had gone in Libya would have draw level. The decision to make him the first choice goalkeeper of the Super Eagles appears to be settled for now.

I really wanted you to do a bit of digging up on Chuks Aneke and give me your objective opinion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:20pm On Oct 14, 2018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:21pm On Oct 14, 2018
TEGADR:

ighalo should come in as a sub... we ve won the first leg for godsake... we need to test more strikers

Which strikers

I don't see one true No.9 that's comparable to Ighalo.

Sometime ago the name Sadiq Umar was mentioned not a word now he can't make the bench in Rangers.

Who else is there that's anywhere near Ighalo. Considering its your club firm that justifies your call up not past glories.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:22pm On Oct 14, 2018
Rumor has it that BascoVanVeli is the guy in the Nigerian jersey... grin grin grin

CC: Icon4s

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:28pm On Oct 14, 2018
ChrisKels:

Yet some people dey here dey carry dia matter for head onto we are pro KC, and they are pro Ighalo grin grin

My dear, I am pro nobody, if u do good I hail u, if u mess up, I use u mop floor. Today na me hail Success pass but last year, na me murder him pass bkus he disappointed me with his off field shenanigans. Today I dey hail Musa but na me dey call am headless chicken bfor the world cup. I dont glorify mediocrity. Left for me, Iheanacho go chop bench tire till he steps up his game. Na Isaac Success It dey hail now because Ighalo and Nacho do us strong thing for Russia grin grin

Na for CE better Eagles fans dey and na there I dey enjoy myself pass, here, ppl are too emotionally attached to players that they hardly spot their flaws.

You have used your own unit of measurement to condemn yourself as you have murdered merit in cold blood.

Can I ask you how many goals has the striker, some ludicrously call " The Beast " Success scored in the EPL in his now third season please
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:34pm On Oct 14, 2018
forgiveness:

How much is the salary of a General?

I don't know

But I went to university with a number of boys who thier Dad's were army Generals and senior officers in the Nigerian armed forces.

Some of these officer had up to 3 or more children in university in England.

Consider this, School fees per annum £7-8k plus accommodation costs, upkeep and your talking about £22k a year. In naira that's over 10 million a year per child.

Does any general officially earn 1million naira a month.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:53pm On Oct 14, 2018
Dean Smith signed former Steve Bruce favourite Moses Odubajo this summer

Dean Smith signed former Steve Bruce favourite Moses Odubajo this summer
BRENTFORD, ENGLAND - OCTOBER 02: Maxime Colin of Birmingham City battles with Moses Odubajo of Brentford during the Sky Bet Championship match between Brentford and Birmingham City at Griffin Park on October 2, 2018 in Brentford, England. (Photo by Bryn Lennon/Getty Images)

Aston Villa have appointed Dean Smith as their new manager. The 47-year-old, a lifelong Villa fan, has left his role at Brentford in order to take the job with John Terry his assistant.

It comes after Aston Villa sacked Steve Bruce. The club had suffered a poor start to the season and Bruce’s position among the fanbase at Aston Villa had become untenable.

Smith will now be tasked with taking the club toward a promotion push after the international break.

This summer, Smith interestingly signed a player that Bruce is very fond of.

Moses Odubajo spent two seasons playing under Bruce at Hull CIty. The former Villa boss snapped him up for a reported £3.5 million in August 2015 from Brentford. He went on to be the club’s starting right-back as Bruce guided the Tigers to promotion from the Championship in 2015-16

Bruce left soon after due a disagreement with the club’s board. Odubajo had an even worse summer. He suffered a dislocated kneecap and ligament damage during the 2016 pre-season and spent most of the next two years on the sidelines.

This summer, he left Hull at the end of his contract to continue his career elsewhere. In fact, Bruce was linked with bringing him to Aston Villa in a reunion, as reported by the Hull Daily Mail.

But Odubajo headed back to Brentford, with Smith signing him to a one-year deal with the option of an extension. He returned to action in September but only played three games for Smith before he decided to take the role at Aston Villa.

Now, Smith is at Aston Villa, it will be interesting to see if Odubajo to Villa Park rumours materialise yet again.

—tbrFootball
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:58pm On Oct 14, 2018
The most straight faced poster tbaba still got jokes?. Kai d Libya’s win really cool ur body o

tbaba1234:
Rumor has it that BascoVanVeli is the guy in the Nigerian jersey... grin grin grin

CC: Icon4s

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 12:02am On Oct 15, 2018
Good morning Nigeria..

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 1:11am On Oct 15, 2018
safarigirl:
House, please, away from Ighalo, Atiku and Buhari.

You guys should congratulate me. I finally wrote my last paper today and I am officially a graduate of the Faculty Of Law, University of Abuja. Nairaland no see my own to post, na KOK dem just dey celebrate. Me sef graduate today o grin

Ehen, Oga Mujtahida, I need assistance with my Project work. I'm stuck and in need of proper direction. Don't know if you can help

Congrats madam!!! I hope your graduation bring you great joy and more opportunities!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 2:00am On Oct 15, 2018
bengine:

Congrats madam!!! I hope your graduation bring you great joy and more opportunities!!!

Your moniker reminds me of a joke

In the beningnin wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:53am On Oct 15, 2018
rohr's team seem to play better in the 2nd half.

kalu is a decent talent but not as good as he is hyped in this forum.his final ball and decision making is very poor but we have to put into consideration that he is still young and will only get better with time. a fit and in form moses simon will bring more to the team than kalu.

jamilu collins is in the team to stay. he looks more confident in the position than idowu and was an asset the few time he joined the attack

etebo had a good game and was a workaholic in the middle but seem confused so many times when in possession with the ball. a midfield trio of mikel(to shield the back four),ndidi(to be deployed as a box to box midfielder) and iwobi(as the team's number 10) will add more creativity to the team.

iwobi was too hot for the libyans to handle. he is the number 10 we have been waiting for since his uncle's retirement. his movement on and off the ball were top notch, his decisive passes and high pressing game were key to the teams triumph. the number 10 position for sure belongs to him and super eagles hopeful ebere eze

balogun's lack of game time in brighton was obvious against the libyans. lost concentration so many times and lacked pace. he really needs to get back to form or risk losing his place in the starting 11

ekong i must confess is the most improved super eagles player in the last 4 years. he gets better as the day goes and moving to the serie A is doing a lot of good to his game and confidence. was very solid through out the encounter.

aina had a decent game but i foresee him getting better if rohr plays him consistently in subsequent matches. picking a makeshift right back ahead of him always may be having negative effect on his psychic and confidence. was better than he was portrayed in this forum yesterday but have the talent to do more. rohr needs to bring out the best in the lad by psyching him up and make him understand that he is one of the important figures in the team, i believe this will bring out the beast in aina.

francis uzoho will remain rohr's best addition to the team even if he continues with his job as the teams coach for the next 10 years. the gamble he took on the lad is paying off and its now obvious that the team has a goal minder who will be with the team for atleast the next 10-13 years. was barely tested but rouse to the occasion the few times he was tested. he still has a lot to learn but from what i saw in the match he is work in progress.

tbaba1234:
The full match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqP2NXdvIh4

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4919) (4920) (4921) (4922) (4923) (4924) (4925) ... (16139) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: do4luv14(m), Ajd19, 12large1, LLENCE77(m), lelion, Freed2022, Vodkka(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.