Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,023 members, 7,835,470 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4923) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11780102 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4920) (4921) (4922) (4923) (4924) (4925) (4926) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:32am On Oct 15, 2018
rohr should stick with john ogu while we watch this emerging midfield dynamo slip off our fingers

embarassed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krc_5f5NoYY

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:23am On Oct 15, 2018
tbaba1234:
Rumor has it that BascoVanVeli is the guy in the Nigerian jersey... grin grin grin

CC: Icon4s

Although he has denied it but I could have bet with my salary that he was the one. Lol!..

The guy must be suffering from mouth tears by now.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 6:35am On Oct 15, 2018
Icon4s:

Although he has denied it but I could have bet with my salary that he was the one. Lol!..

The guy must be suffering from mouth tears by now.

grin And you know what? The cameramen...enjoyed the show...anytime we score...fiam...they will concentrate him...not showing the players INSTANT celebrations....but ee the guy s mouth no be here...those two on his right and left were most thrilled...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:20am On Oct 15, 2018
komekn:

I don't know

But I went to university with a number of boys who thier Dad's were army Generals and senior officers in the Nigerian armed forces.

Some of these officer had up to 3 or more children in university in England.

Consider this, School fees per annum £7-8k plus accommodation costs, upkeep and your talking about £22k a year. In naira that's over 10 million a year per child.

Does any general officially earn 1million naira a month.
Yes Generals officially earn 1m

This generalization is what I don't get. There's the Brig.Gen, Maj.Gen, Lt.Gen, and Gen

3 out of these 4 earn above 1m
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:26am On Oct 15, 2018
forgiveness:

When state judge dey receive 1m? Supreme court justice dey receive around 5 - 10m? How can a Nigerian General receive less than 1m?

Are you saying a judge receives 5-10 million naira a month ❓ That's about £20k a month, no judge gets that here not even the prime minister gets that here.

Are you sure ❓

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:30am On Oct 15, 2018
Odunayaw:
Yes Generals officially earn 1m

This generalization is what I don't get. There's the Brig.Gen, Maj.Gen, Lt.Gen, and Gen

3 out of these 4 earn above 1m

So how are they sending thier children to school in the UK and some have as much as 4 or more children❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 8:36am On Oct 15, 2018
[quote author=charlesemeka85 post=72094734]rohr should stick with john ogu while we watch this emerging midfield dynamo slip off our fingers

embarassed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krc_5f5NoYY[/quote

]

Why is Ogu your example here? Remind me of 1 bad game he has had for Nigeria.

Sure, we should try to get players we think can improve the team but I think it is disrespectful to talk the way you have about active, dedicated players the way you have especially when they are yet to put a foot wrong.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:39am On Oct 15, 2018
komekn:

I don't know

But I went to university with a number of boys who thier Dad's were army Generals and senior officers in the Nigerian armed forces.

Some of these officer had up to 3 or more children in university in England.

Consider this, School fees per annum £7-8k plus accommodation costs, upkeep and your talking about £22k a year. In naira that's over 10 million a year per child.

Does any general officially earn 1million naira a month.

I think so but not sure.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:43am On Oct 15, 2018
Joebie:
Dean Smith signed former Steve Bruce favourite Moses Odubajo this summer

Dean Smith signed former Steve Bruce favourite Moses Odubajo this summer
BRENTFORD, ENGLAND - OCTOBER 02: Maxime Colin of Birmingham City battles with Moses Odubajo of Brentford during the Sky Bet Championship match between Brentford and Birmingham City at Griffin Park on October 2, 2018 in Brentford, England. (Photo by Bryn Lennon/Getty Images)

Aston Villa have appointed Dean Smith as their new manager. The 47-year-old, a lifelong Villa fan, has left his role at Brentford in order to take the job with John Terry his assistant.

It comes after Aston Villa sacked Steve Bruce. The club had suffered a poor start to the season and Bruce’s position among the fanbase at Aston Villa had become untenable.

Smith will now be tasked with taking the club toward a promotion push after the international break.

This summer, Smith interestingly signed a player that Bruce is very fond of.

Moses Odubajo spent two seasons playing under Bruce at Hull CIty. The former Villa boss snapped him up for a reported £3.5 million in August 2015 from Brentford. He went on to be the club’s starting right-back as Bruce guided the Tigers to promotion from the Championship in 2015-16

Bruce left soon after due a disagreement with the club’s board. Odubajo had an even worse summer. He suffered a dislocated kneecap and ligament damage during the 2016 pre-season and spent most of the next two years on the sidelines.

This summer, he left Hull at the end of his contract to continue his career elsewhere. In fact, Bruce was linked with bringing him to Aston Villa in a reunion, as reported by the Hull Daily Mail.

But Odubajo headed back to Brentford, with Smith signing him to a one-year deal with the option of an extension. He returned to action in September but only played three games for Smith before he decided to take the role at Aston Villa.

Now, Smith is at Aston Villa, it will be interesting to see if Odubajo to Villa Park rumours materialise yet again.

—tbrFootball

This boy is a very good RB. Converted from a RW though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:50am On Oct 15, 2018
Yes watched some clips of him. Good with both feet. He is better than Aina IMO

Cc komekn
forgiveness:

This is boy is a very good RB. Converted from a RW though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:59am On Oct 15, 2018
tbaba1234:
Rumor has it that BascoVanVeli is the guy in the Nigerian jersey... grin grin grin

CC: Icon4s

Wicked pipu lol. Let me set the record straight. I could walk to the stadium if I wanted but I normally watch SE at home with my family. I exhibit my passion towards my players and at the referees so you won't see me going crazy for a goal unless it is a last minute winner or something like that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:05am On Oct 15, 2018
charlesemeka85:
rohr should stick with john ogu while we watch this emerging midfield dynamo slip off our fingers

embarassed

I don't knw if d likes of billing,eze,danjuma and co if added are sure players dt would give us afcon titles,a world cup semi spot,we all wish for,wc I doubt.. Any untested player on dis thread is always d best till giving d chance to proof deir mettle after few games cool

Check my post, u will never c me clamour for any FB player,left to.me,if dey want to play for us fine,if not let dem b...

Those whom we have approached and deny us among d FB players openly in d past.....maybe aside dele,name 2players we deeply regretted dt he/she didnt play for us due to d fact dt dey would av been a sure bet for winning trophies if he/she av been added to our squad?aw av dey fared in deir national colours after d rejection? any trophy/laurels to deir name?

Abeg if e no b messi/cr7...no need scrambling over qualities we can easily get here cool.my opinion.

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:10am On Oct 15, 2018
komekn:

Are you saying a judge receives 5-10 million naira a month ❓ That's about £20k a month, no judge gets that here not even the prime minister gets that here.

Are you sure ❓

I am talking about justice. However, they receive monthly salary which is around 800k and other allowances which could amount to 3 -4m or more based on the level of the court they preside.

I was not sure and that was why I said around 5-10m but now I have gotten the official record of what they earn.

This is it. Do interpret it.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:17am On Oct 15, 2018
Joebie:
Yes watched some clips of him. Good with both feet. He is better than Aina IMO

Cc komekn

I agree without any iota of reservation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:36am On Oct 15, 2018
komekn:

So how are they sending thier children to school in the UK and some have as much as 4 or more children❓
I answered your question shikenan

the salary I mentioned is their basic salary. I don't know of add-on based on command positions
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:08pm On Oct 15, 2018
komekn:

You have used your own unit of measurement to condemn yourself as you have murdered merit in cold blood.

Can I ask you how many goals has the striker, some ludicrously call " The Beast " Success scored in the EPL in his now third season please

Like I always tell u, in attitude and behaviour, u are more Nigerian than most people who never had that privilege to exit the uterus somewhere off the coast of Nigeria(Africa). Ur despotic attitude nauseates me. What has my choice of striker got to do with ur feelings? Who are u to dictate to me where to pitch my tent and where not? This is the same nonsense u did last year when I said the jupiler league would be my choice of league that season due to the heavy Nigerian presence there then, in Kalu, Simon, Yinka, Dennis, Madu, Bala, Esiti, Rabiu, Onyekuru etc, outta blue, u started blabbing like u always do questioning my choice with the EPL as ur stand. I wonder what ur problem really is abi dem no teach u "rights" and "choice" for skul? Abi my choice(s) affect ur well being in any way? Maybe u think if I start hailing Success, Rohr would automatically drop Ighalo just to dance to Chriskels's tunes? I just dont get it. Dude are u sure u are okay?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:10pm On Oct 15, 2018
Odunayaw:
I answered your question shikenan

the salary I mentioned is their basic salary. I don't know of add-on based on command positions

What they earn is just above at maximum 12 million naira a year which is approximately £25k a year.

How on earth can they send multiple children to school in the UK. Considering school fees are a minimum of £10k currently per annum.

I guess we all know the answer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:13pm On Oct 15, 2018
ChrisKels:

Like I always tell u, in attitude and behaviour, u are more Nigerian than most people who never had that privilege to exit the uterus somewhere off the coast of Nigeria(Africa). Ur despotic attitude nauseates me. What has my choice of striker got to do with ur feelings? Who are u to dictate to me where to pitch my tent and where not? This is the same nonsense u did last year when I said the jupiler league would be my choice of league that season due to the heavy Nigerian presence there then, in Kalu, Simon, Yinka, Dennis, Madu, Bala, Esiti, Rabiu, Onyekuru etc, outta blue, u started blabbing like u always do questioning my choice with the EPL as ur stand. I wonder what ur problem really is abi dem no teach u "rights" and "choice" for skul? Abi my choice(s) affect ur well being in any way? Maybe u think if I start hailing Success, Rohr would automatically drop Ighalo just to dance to Chriskels's tunes? I just dont get it. Dude are u sure u are okay?

Once again you are making noise.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:21pm On Oct 15, 2018
komekn:

Once again you are making noise.

Alryt but, dont I have the right to make some noise? Abi person no fit make noise in Peace again? Nawa oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:25pm On Oct 15, 2018
komekn:

What they earn is just above at maximum 12 million naira a year which is approximately £25k a year.

How on earth can they send multiple children to school in the UK. Considering school fees are a minimum of £10k currently per annum.

I guess we all know the answer
You do know the exchange rate wasn't always like this OR you just went to university recently?

Either way,it seems you've made your deduction. Let's not drag this further
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nedville: 12:51pm On Oct 15, 2018
charlesemeka85:

embarassed

Bros cool down abeg

Never has the word Nigeria slipped out of his mouth... Not to talk of wanting to play for Nigeria....cool down

He has probably been approached, but his silence means he is likely focusing on Denmark for now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 12:52pm On Oct 15, 2018
Odunayaw:
You do know the exchange rate wasn't always like this OR you just went to university recently?

Either way,it seems you've made your deduction. Let's not drag this further

My guy trust me there's no way a public servant, judge or whoever can legitimately bankroll 4 kids being educated abroad. My opinion though. I am happy for it to be discarded by those who think it's rubbish. All join.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:53pm On Oct 15, 2018
and how many matches him don play? we really have to plan for the future by infusing more younger players into the team than holding on to a 30 yr old midfielder who is not even one of the arrow heads in the team.

having billing around to compete with ndidi for a place in the first 11 will be a great addition than ogu who doesn't have much to offer.

i clamor for billing's inclusion in the team not because he is foreign born but i foresee him metamorphosing into a midfield power house in few years to come. currently he is one of the best dm midfielders in the epl this season and that is enough sign for us to get it now that the danes are not looking towards him. [quote author=wayodude post=72099237][/quote]

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:55pm On Oct 15, 2018
he identifies with 9ja wella and supported our team at the last world cup. are you sure dey don approach am? grin
Nedville:

Bros cool down abeg

Never has the word Nigeria slipped out of his mouth... Not to talk of wanting to play for Nigeria....cool down

He has probably been approached, but his silence means he is likely focusing on Denmark for now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2018
wayodude:

My guy trust me there's no way a public servant, judge or whoever can legitimately bankroll 4 kids being educated abroad. My opinion though. I am happy for it to be discarded by those who think it's rubbish. All join.
Toh, my own na to yarn the salary matter. All the schooling something no konsign me like that.

Anybody wey make him deduction from it all,na for him pocket.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:28pm On Oct 15, 2018
charlesemeka85:

embarassed

He never said he wanted to play for Nigeria,he prefers Denmark

We can't kill our self over someone who sees Nigeria as the second choice ,same thing with danjuma ,even the so called Ademola lookman we have been talking about has just said he his committed to England.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 1:29pm On Oct 15, 2018
Odunayaw:
Toh, my own na to yarn the salary matter. All the schooling something no konsign me like that.

lol fair enough
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:31pm On Oct 15, 2018
ademola don commit to england again? hahahahahahahahahaha
andrew444:

He never said he wanted to play for Nigeria,he prefers Denmark

We can't kill our self over someone who sees Nigeria as the second choice ,same thing with danjuma ,even the so called Ademola lookman we have been talking about has just said he his committed to England.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:32pm On Oct 15, 2018
elyte89:

I don't knw if d likes of billing,eze,danjuma and co if added are sure players dt would give us afcon titles,a world cup semi spot,we all wish for,wc I doubt.. Any untested player on dis thread is always d best till giving d chance to proof deir mettle after few games cool

Check my post, u will never c me clamour for any FB player,left to.me,if dey want to play for us fine,if not let dem b...

Those whom we have approached and deny us among d FB players openly in d past.....maybe aside dele,name 2players we deeply regretted dt he/she didnt play for us due to d fact dt dey would av been a sure bet for winning trophies if he/she av been added to our squad?aw av dey fared in deir national colours after d rejection? any trophy/laurels to deir name?

Abeg if e no b messi/cr7...no need scrambling over qualities we can easily get here cool.my opinion.

How many average player do we want in our team ? Abeg no mind them bros
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:32pm On Oct 15, 2018
charlesemeka85:
ademola don commit to england again? hahahahahahahahahaha

Yes bros
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 1:35pm On Oct 15, 2018
Odunayaw:

abeg nor yarn with pidgin again Cos e nor make sense at all. E clear say na Western part of naija you for come with your funny pidgin wey nor align. “All the schooling something no konsign me like that”.. haha abeg stick to English.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:50pm On Oct 15, 2018
nawaoooooo
andrew444:

Yes bros

(1) (2) (3) ... (4920) (4921) (4922) (4923) (4924) (4925) (4926) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amedino99(m), CornOak(m), Odunayaw(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.