Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,270 members, 7,839,354 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11802990 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5117) (5118) (5119) (5120) (5121) (5122) (5123) ... (16209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:05pm On Nov 17, 2018
Joebie:
@ Chriskels grin

Rohr To South Africa : Play As You Did Against Super Eagles, You'll Beat Libya
Published: November 17, 2018

With Libya hammering Seychelles 8-1 on Saturday afternoon, it is going to be a big battle when South Africa face the Mediterranean Knights in March 2019 for the last ticket in Group E of the Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr named Brighton & Hove loanee Percy Tau as the South Africa player that impressed him the most in today's contest at the FNB Stadium.

The 24-year-old forward kept the Nigeria defense busy throughout the game and showed brilliant footwork to set up the South African equaliser scored by Lebo Mothiba in the 26th minute.

The Super Eagles won back-to-back games against Libya in October, while South Africa were held to a goalless draw by the North Africans two months ago.

Commenting on South Africa's final group game vs Libya, Rohr told SuperSport : ''It will be a big battle, in Sfax we played a very good Libyan team. They saw already here that it is not easy to beat them.

''But I think that if South Africa played as they did today, with Percy Tau who is a wonderful player they are going to beat them and even a draw will be enough.

''I think they will be with us at the next AFCON in Cameroon.''

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

—ANS

I saw him say it live to Caroline after the match that was what got me so furious plus Ikpeba talking trash and laughing like a mm in the studio. Abeg Rohr dun tire me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:07pm On Nov 17, 2018
Cameroon comes back against Mali #AWCON
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:08pm On Nov 17, 2018
Joebie:
Normalcy is not an achievement. It’s the usual. We are better than this based on our potential over the years.

Modified
You don’t celebrate what ought to happen anyway

Yes, but over the last couple, we have failed. If we failed again, that would have been our new normal.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:10pm On Nov 17, 2018
I've gotta commend Rohr, he has done very well to assemble a quality team.

That said, with the quality of this squad, we expect more than just grinding out wins every now and then, we need to see some sweet football on display, cohesion, passing the freaking ball shouldn't be that much of a task for a team that has been together for a while now.

If Rohr had the quality of players under Keshi, I won't be complaining as much as I am right now.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:11pm On Nov 17, 2018
Is the commentator a qualified and trained ref? because he's got access to the mic doesn't mean he's educated in other aspect of football.
klexycole:

But the commentators submitted that, the goal wasn't an offside.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:12pm On Nov 17, 2018
It was go back and rewatch the clip.
Odunayaw:
No it wasn't
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:13pm On Nov 17, 2018
Well that’s the effect of past repeated failures. Any little thing gets in your head
tbaba1234:

Yes, but over the last couple, we have failed. If we failed again, that would have been our new normal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:13pm On Nov 17, 2018
Lesotho vs Tanzania[Amuneke] tomorrow 3pm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:13pm On Nov 17, 2018
elyte89:

Is only on dis thread we tend to equal our players talents with d likes of Brazil,Germany, and co,I dont blame us anyway,na d love wey we get for eagles,make us hype our talent too

Sincerely,rohr is trying,aside is human error wc I think its normal,all coaches too av deir deficiencies, overall,he's tryin...even with d recent result we re having, a lot of my peeps out dere who re football fans like us dont usually rate our players talents at all,sometimes when I read comments on dis thread and equate it with what oda fans rate our eagles outdere,its like V.I TO OKOKOMAIKO grin grin grin,na only us dey c our players like say dem sabi ball,come to area and c aw ppu criticize dis team. After tdays match,majority out here even appreciated rohr DT during his era,no more hypertensive qualification, punching of calculators etc,saying he's getting d best result out of dis less average team,here we re calling for his sack grin grin,we re too over ambitious with dis average crop of players we av sincerely.

my broda I just dey lol since
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2018
daveP:
I think it's safe to say that we have potentials. grin

But until it's kinetic, OYO is the case if you think Zidane and Silva and Ronaldinho dey our team o. grin

Can this team get 45passes uninterrupted and fast in 35seconds in a match?

Pls don't preach the we would get there sermon. I've been hearing that for a decade now.

Glad we qualified actually!!

huh? Spain had 1000+ and were out of the WC sooner than they could get an erection!

Sleek football without result equals LOSS

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2018
Come on the offside rule is plain and simple. You can explain it to anyone and they just get it. Nothing complicated that u have to be a ref first.

somehow:
Is the commentator a qualified and trained ref? because he's got access to the mic doesn't mean he's educated in other aspect of football.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 9:16pm On Nov 17, 2018
Joebie:
Nigeria qualifying for AFCON is not a sign that we are doing something right. You can only say that if it’s actually an achievement. We are not even talking about getting to the QF of the AFCON. Come on man!

Oga Joebie,let's just agree to disagree. But before then let me say this: You would have known how big an achievement it was to qualify today if we had failed to qualify for a third consecutive AFCON. And as for getting to the QFs,no need debating on that cause we'll definitely surpass that stage. You can take that to the bank wink cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 9:18pm On Nov 17, 2018
Odunayaw:
huh? Spain had 1000+ and were out of the WC sooner than they could get an erection!

Sleek football without result equals LOSS

Tell em bro. Tell em.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:20pm On Nov 17, 2018
somehow:
It was go back and rewatch the clip.
This is offside?

Drink water abeg

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:21pm On Nov 17, 2018
Hell no. I won’t be crying. We have many examples of incompetence all around us here in Nigeria. Qualifying for an AFCON isn’t an achievement. If we get to the QF, at least I can celebrate that grin

COOL10:

Oga Joebie,let's just agree to disagree. But before then let me say this: You would have known how big an achievement it was to qualify today if we had failed to qualify for a third consecutive AFCON. And as for getting to the QFs,no need debating on that cause we'll definitely surpass that stage. You can take that to the bank wink cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:26pm On Nov 17, 2018
Joebie:
A whole Nigeria celebrating AFCON qualification? Think about this deeply. Na really progress o

My dear, from some posts in here, u can grade people's standards outside of this forum.

I will never forget what one gal told me bk then in skul. Gal was a very strong first class candidate from the dept of Geoplanning and never had anything less than A. Final year second semester, a lecturer called J.U Ogbonna hammered her 74(A) in a course she did so well that her actual score was supposed to be above 90. D girl begin para for the lecturer threatening to write a petition against him if he failed to provide her answer script to prove that he gave her what she merited. Na so I dey try calm her down say Chy but it is still an "A" nah, she told me straight up, "see KC I know my worth and my standard, I dont compromise on these two and I cant settle for less."

I just nod head comot, say babe dun carry laws of power scatter her head. She stood her ground and the almighty JU Ogbonna succumbed.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:26pm On Nov 17, 2018
Anyhow sha..we have qualified... Our afcon preparation starts with the game against Uganda.

Once again I'll advice those clamoring for the inclusion of more foreign born players into the team before the afcon to chill... There's a big probability that Rohr will maintain a more familiar squad for the tournament...

Our performance at the afcon will decide his fate... But seriously the man is shortchanging us... Some people may say we aren't the Spain, Brazil and Germany of this world when it comes to players talent but you can't deny that we are producing talented players who have the potential to be world class players.. Rohr just needs to do more in recruiting and utilizing them.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:28pm On Nov 17, 2018
Odunayaw:
This is offside?

Drink water abeg

Both goals were legit goals cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:28pm On Nov 17, 2018
And you still believe what you saw wasn't an offside based on?
Joebie:
Come on the offside rule is plain and simple. You can explain it to anyone and they just get it. Nothing complicated that u have to be a ref first.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:28pm On Nov 17, 2018
Joebie:
grin
If no be say Andy na my man ehh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:29pm On Nov 17, 2018
elyte89:

Both goals were legit goals cool
Apparently some people still use Black & White TV

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:29pm On Nov 17, 2018
Sorry guys, i actually missed it grin grin grin grin I must have been watching something else that i thought it was that of the SE. make una no vex grin
Odunayaw:
This is offside?

Drink water abeg

Danielnino00:

From the way u are talking,it's obvious you didn't watch the match.. Even a 5 years old with basic knowledge of football will tell you that wasn't an offside...

Odunayaw:
This is offside?

Drink water abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:30pm On Nov 17, 2018
ChrisKels:

My dear, from some posts in here, u can grade people's standards outside of this forum.

I will never forget what one gal told me bk then in skul. Gal was a very strong first class candidate from the dept of Geoplanning and never had anything less than A. Final year second semester, a lecturer called J.U Ogbonna hammered her 74(A) in a course she did so well that her actual score was supposed to be above 90. D girl begin para for the lecturer threatening to write a petition against him if he failed to provide his answer script to prove that he gave her what she merited. Na so I dey try calm her down say Chy but it is still an "A" nah, she told me straight up, "see KC I know my worth and my standard, I dont compromise on these two and I cant settle for less."

I just nod head comot, say babe dun carry laws of power scatter her head. She stood her ground and the almighty JU Ogbonna succumbed.

Kai . this life. grin ..While I'm often wondering why I managed to score 67 and sometimes 68 in some course,there's somebody out there who got an A but isn't satisfied with the mark...Kai grin

I think I will pay a visit to my lecturers... they most provide my exam script make I check am myself.. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:31pm On Nov 17, 2018
somehow:
Has the ball been released as a pass yet?

From the way u are talking,it's obvious you didn't watch the match.. Even a 5 years old with basic knowledge of football will tell you that wasn't an offside...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:38pm On Nov 17, 2018
somehow:
Sorry guys, i actually missed it grin grin grin grin I must have been watching something else that i thought it was that of the SE. make una no vex grin

I sha noticed you were doing somehow (pun intended) grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 9:46pm On Nov 17, 2018
Joebie:
Hell no. I won’t be crying. We have many examples of incompetence all around us here in Nigeria. Qualifying for an AFCON isn’t an achievement. If we get to the QF, at least I can celebrate that grin

That's why I said let's agree to disagree because me,it be like say I for cry small if we no qualify grin. Anyhow sha,we wish the Eagles all the best,hoping they'll make the nation proud come 2019 cool.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:46pm On Nov 17, 2018
You gerrit. happy we're back to the nations cup, we have the tools to win it next year.
Odunayaw:
I sha noticed you were doing somehow (pun intended) grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:48pm On Nov 17, 2018
ChrisKels:

I saw him say it live to Caroline after the match that was what got me so furious plus Ikpeba talking trash and laughing like a mm in the studio. Abeg Rohr dun tire me

Rohr was only being political and rightly so because u never what could happen in the future. That could be a mini job interview he just did.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:53pm On Nov 17, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Rohr was only being political and rightly so because u never what could happen in the future. That could be a mini job interview he just did.

He could have done better with his answers. A more balanced view would have gone a long way
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 9:57pm On Nov 17, 2018
Humility017:

any fair and transparent coach....will do better with this array of talents.....

the bane I indigenous coaches is corruption and this player agents-coaching sorting things....besides that our Indigenous coaches like siasia will even do better.

why can't our coaches and other professionals have integrity....?
tired of seeing white carpenters and tailors masquerading as expatriates in Nigeria

Indeed. The sort of coaches that would call up Seth Sincere and Efe Ambrose. You try
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 10:01pm On Nov 17, 2018
somehow:

Sir, check again. Both goals were clearly and perfectly onside. It was even discussed in the studio. So what's the point here?

By the way, you are no qualified or trained referee either. smiley

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:04pm On Nov 17, 2018
Curtisaxel7:
I was expecting Rohr to protest the horrible officiating at the end of the match interview but the old donkey couldn't utter a word. Shameful.

This is slowly becoming a pattern, African sides are robbing us and getting away with it. First it was Algeria being awarded a non existent penalty and being spared a clear red card, now two clear goals discounted against SA. If we continue to tolerate this rubbish it will affect us one day in a crucial match.

Pinnick and Rohr must insist on an investigation into this match. This thing is no longer funny.
Forget it. They won't do sh!t

(1) (2) (3) ... (5117) (5118) (5119) (5120) (5121) (5122) (5123) ... (16209) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Meliforme, ThanosKilla(m), charlesemeka85(m), Ppogbae, Elohe001, Tessyy1701, 123jamessmith and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.