Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,667 members, 7,865,686 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:27 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11959510 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (16373) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 9:07pm On Feb 02, 2017
This is for the house, I noticed an outsider who was aggrieved with the preference of a forum member decided to insult the country. No need to reply with insults.
You can't give what you don't have, this is one of the few forums where I hardly come across insults and I would love it for us to keep it that way. Not all posts require responses, some you just ignore not because you don't have what to say but the other person might not be smart enough to understand

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tarzaa(m): 9:22pm On Feb 02, 2017
Orkpekyandega:
A move to Barcelona "B" team is better than a move to some of these obscure leagues. At Barça, Bassey can make good use of the 'World Class's training facilities. The exposure to quality coaching personnel and players is an experience that is so important to a young player like him.

Who knows? He may one day break into the XI of Barça or better still get a good offer from any of the good Clubs in Europe, with hard work and dedication.

To this I say good move.
This is a very good move...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tarzaa(m): 9:30pm On Feb 02, 2017
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:30pm On Feb 02, 2017
lakesidepapa:

The most technical sides are the ones that made it to this stage
Of course. I didn't see Senegal as that technical. I remember saying some pages back they are overrated.
Cameron 1: 0 Ghana.. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:33pm On Feb 02, 2017
Roar indomitable lions! Roar!! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 9:33pm On Feb 02, 2017
goldfish80:

Of course. I didn't see Senegal as that technical. I remember saying some pages back they are overrated.
Cameron 1: 0 Ghana.. grin
Now they have scored, game over, against this Cameroonian side you must take your chances. A mistake and that is all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:35pm On Feb 02, 2017
grin grin grin

Sir Goldfish's been proven right so far people...

But right now, I gotta confess it is more like,

"Roar Ondoa... Roar!!!!!"

That lad is my keeper of the tournament biko.... Followed by Essam Al-Hadary... wink

goldfish80:
Roar indomitable lions! Roar!! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:38pm On Feb 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
grin grin grin

Sir Goldfish's been proven right so far people...

But right now, I gotta confess it is more like,

"Roar Ondoa... Roar!!!!!"

That lad is my keeper of the tournament biko.... Followed by Essam Al-Hadary... wink

Oga Hossam, saved 2 pens last night. I hope you remember? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:39pm On Feb 02, 2017
Sir Erudite..... I did say I would love a cameroun vs Egypt final... wink

Game's not over yet but I really wanna see the two best tactically disciplined sides square off against each other.

My wish is near fulfillment...

Like Sir Goldfish said, "Roar Indomitable Lions!!! Roar!!!!" grin

Our double-header in august and september will be true super titanic battles. Lawd!!! What a group we have in the WCQs... Chaaiiii

Lazyerudite:

Now they have scored, game over, against this Cameroonian side you must take your chances. A mistake and that is all.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 9:40pm On Feb 02, 2017
I really don't get Ghana tonight honestly, how can you be crossing high balls against a side that has the height advantage and physical superiority. Just drop the ball on the floor. I knew a mistake would cause a goal

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:40pm On Feb 02, 2017
Oga I know naa.... But this Ondoa lad is just amazing.... He's only 21 smiley
goldfish80:
Oga Hossam, saved 2 pens last night. I hope you remember? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:43pm On Feb 02, 2017
The news about the Camerounians going on strike prior to this game have been proved so far to be mind games. They deliberately pushed out the news to con the black stars.
They have not looked like a team who aren't motivated.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:44pm On Feb 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Oga I know naa.... But this Ondoa lad is just amazing.... He's only 21 smiley

Hossam already have caps for Egypt before he was born. Lol

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:45pm On Feb 02, 2017
Ghana's Grant Avram should know better. Kinda disappointed he isn't doing something about it.

I believe Rohr is seeing this. Besides, judging from how our super Eagles play nowadays under Rohr, I can say the camerounians will meet their match in us.... smiley

Our Eagles play sweet passing/tiki-taka-like/possession-based and attack oriented football..... Not long balls (we can use long balls if found necessary at all).

Our clashes with cameroun later this year will be so legendary. I can feel it... grin #ExcitementGrowing

Lazyerudite:
I really don't get Ghana tonight honestly, how can you be crossing high balls against a side that has the height advantage and physical superiority. Just drop the ball on the floor. I knew a mistake would cause a goal

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 9:46pm On Feb 02, 2017
The Egyptian coach will just be laughing, Shey na una two abi, we go beat una last last. For the final counter attacking football will be at its best. It will really be a battle to watch
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 9:46pm On Feb 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Sir Erudite..... I did say I would love a cameroun vs Egypt final... wink

Game's not over yet but I really wanna see the two best tactically disciplined sides square off against each other.

My wish is near fulfillment...

Like Sir Goldfish said, "Roar Indomitable Lions!!! Roar!!!!" grin

Our double-header in august and september will be true super titanic battles. Lawd!!! What a group we have in the WCQs... Chaaiiii

honestly that's my thought

Cameroon vs Egypt final...

Ghana has been too familiar of recent

an wouldn't make it interesting
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 9:49pm On Feb 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Ghana's Grant Avram should know better. Kinda disappointed he isn't doing something about it.

I believe Rohr is seeing this. Besides, judging from how our super Eagles play nowadays under Rohr, I can say the camerounians will meet their match in us.... smiley

Our Eagles play sweet passing/tiki-taka-like/possession-based and attack oriented football..... Not long balls (we can use long balls if found necessary at all).

Our clashes with cameroun later this year will be so legendary. I can feel it... grin #ExcitementGrowing

Thank you, so tired of their style of play. I was just waiting for that moment of magic that never came. The Ayews are missing, Wakaso is doing so much work and that their striker up front is being outmuscled. In all I give it to the Cameroonian coach. They have maintained their shape just as Sir Goldfish said
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 9:52pm On Feb 02, 2017
goldfish80:

The Camerounians are clearly the better team so far.
I don't buy the idea of wishing the Camerounians bad because we are paranoid about facing them.

Personally, I want the Camerounians to win this tournament. It will be reverse psychology which will work against them because our players will certainly turn up if they know they are facing the champions. Just like they
turned up against Algeria.
The prospect of beating the champs will be more than incentive to see off Cameroon. That's my interpretation.

I like your comment here , but I still believe they are not the best team in this tournament ....oh no they buried my noisy neighbor . 2:0

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 9:54pm On Feb 02, 2017
lexyman:

I like your comment here , but I still believe they are not the best team in this tournament ....oh no they buried my noisy neighbor . 2:0
They don't have to be the best. They will just win
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:55pm On Feb 02, 2017
Imagine am.... You sef don talk am.... 45yrs vs 21 yrs..... Nna eh...

At age 24.... Hadary was doing great things and Ondoa was still in his intra-uterine life cycle.... Chaaaiiiii...

Nooooo.... One is a great already and have been for a long while... The other is one of Africa's rising super goalies... smiley

goldfish80:

Hossam already have caps for Egypt before he was born. Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 9:59pm On Feb 02, 2017
Nice one Cameroon, you silenced your critics including me. Maybe there is something about their tactics Afterall. For Ghana I would say they were largely disappointing to say the least. It is like they did not come with a plan. Just field the regulars and expect magic. No wonder they have been losing to Egypt of late. I expected the nice passing and smooth play but no, they just had to be playing long balls. I mean, do you expect Jordan ayew to be contesting for ball ni? They had Atsu and ayew who are known for their trickery but none showed up today. anyways the will of God has been done o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:01pm On Feb 02, 2017
Some people owe me apologies smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 10:02pm On Feb 02, 2017
goldfish80:
I sir, i bow in respect
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:06pm On Feb 02, 2017
Watched the Cameron Burkina game last night. In all honesty, the indomitable lions were very very impressive. They kept their shape well and played through Burkina with precise passes. They possess very athletic/mobile players and they seem to have stamped out their usual robust/dirty jam body football,thanks to the absence of the likes of Song and Mbia , although they still managed 4 yellow cards.
I hope Rohr was taking note of their game last night because I see these guys giving us a fight to the end.
If we are to get anything from the games against this side, our wingbacks need to have an excellent game because the Cameronian's are potent down the wings with Moukanjo , Bassogogo and Clinton N'jie. Imagine if Mbappe chose to represent Cameroun.. Hmm
Also, we must avoid giving up free kicks in dangerous areas. Moukanjo can burry those in like he did last night.
If we can get 4 hard points from this guys and 6 points from Zambia, we will be home and dry.
Let's not make mistake thinking Cameroun will be an easy ride, they played the best football so far in this tournament.

A couple of weeks ago, I made this post and drew alot of flaks from forumites. Almost everyone thought I was talking trash.. . Now it's very clear
I expect apologies..

Anyway, congratulations to Moukandjo, Basogog, Tiekeu, Onyango and the boss Hugo Bross. Well done guys.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:10pm On Feb 02, 2017
Lazyerudite:
I sir, i bow in respect
I see you brotherly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:14pm On Feb 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Imagine am.... You sef don talk am.... 45yrs vs 21 yrs..... Nna eh...

At age 24.... Hadary was doing great things and Ondoa was still in his intra-uterine life cycle.... Chaaaiiiii...

Nooooo.... One is a great already and have been for a long while... The other is one of Africa's rising super goalies... smiley

It's crazy barca didn't want him and now he is at sevilla b not even playing. This is his second afcon btw, Cameroon has a coach that isn't scared to take a chance on youth and it has paid off big time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:18pm On Feb 02, 2017
Some of us were silent ooo.... I don't remember commenting on this post of yours. I only saw it and sat back to observe things... Abi I lie? smiley

I hope I recall well? sad

I think I was the first who fully acknowledged your post and stated that Your rating of this camerounian team is not off-point...

I remember saying Cameroun is not fantastic or spectacular but can just go all the way based on how things pan out... And based on the strength of their tactical discipline...

I haven't really been vocal about this Afcon as I want to be sef.... sad

But ehmmm... One of the Sportlanders who wrote off Cameroun earlier also tipped Egypt for the title... His moniker is Sir Icon79... And now Egypt have proved him right too... Can't wait for that final... grin

So biko... All of una wey give Sir Goldfish backlash... Oya... Make una dey line up come drop offerings of apology.... cheesy

Me... I dey indomie generation halls... The library section... Make I go check out some things quickly... wink

goldfish80:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:22pm On Feb 02, 2017
The bolded names plus Clinton Njie are bad-ass pacy wingers/forwards......their power and pace in this tournament was fully on display for all to see.

This is why Rohr need the fullbacks roles sorted as soon as possible. We have a big exciting battle on the cards in august and in september. smiley

Sir Goldfish's been vindicated.... smiley I love this thread. We all have our moments.... Hahahahahahahaha..... grin

goldfish80:

A couple of weeks ago, I made this post and drew alot of flaks from forumites. Almost everyone thought I was talking trash.. . Now it's very clear
I expect apologies..

Anyway, congratulations to Moukandjo, Basogog, Tiekeu, Onyango and the boss Hugo Bross. Well done guys.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:31pm On Feb 02, 2017
Oga Basco... Me def dey wonder ooo... Isn't he better as under-study to Ter Stegen?

Well, that's barca's own ooo... Sevilla berra wise up and give this guy the chance he deserves.

There are two nations in Africa who have always produced super goalkeepers.... Cameroun and Nigeria.... They have never failed to produce super class-acts between the sticks.... From Antoine bell to Thomas Nkono to Jacqui sango'o to to Carlos Idriss Kameni to Fabrice Ondoa for Cameroun AND for Nigeria, from Peter Fregene to Emmanuel Okala to Best Ogedengbe to Peter Rufai to Alloy Agu to Ike Shorunmu to Vincent Enyeama and now to Carl Ikeme......

Chaiii.. Honestly, from my observation, Ondoa can go on to be one of Africa's super elite Goalies of his generation. He's that fantastic. This is why I want Alamps to shine too oooo..... Am I selfish Egbon? sad

Kudos to Hugo broos... He's a coach who's not afraid to give youth that chance. In that regards, he's kinda similar to Rohr... smiley

BascoVanVeli:

It's crazy barca didn't want him and now he is at sevilla b not even playing. This is his second afcon btw, Cameroon has a coach that isn't scared to take a chance on youth and it has paid off big time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:39pm On Feb 02, 2017
Wow! You followed Uche Ikpeazu's progress then.... I did too for some years now. He was always in the news for his goalscoring exploits.... smiley

What happened? Wow! Uche Ikpeazu was once on my radar as a future Eagles player... So sad. sad

And now I understand the love and admiration for Dembele. I still think you are his uncle shaa.... grin hope you don't mind me terming you Dembele's uncle on this thread sometimes.... wink wink

komekn:

LOL

Dembele was in direct contention with a player I was associated with. And it meant I had to watch him Dembele critically so over the years I have.

I also remember Uche Ikpeazu was the highest goal scorer at U18 league, he was at Reading then but didn't cut it beyond the U21 level. He is currently playing at Cambridge league two.

These days I'm not sure which is more important the marketing (packaging) or the players ability

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:03pm On Feb 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
The bolded names plus Clinton Njie are bad-ass pacy wingers/forwards......their power and pace in this tournament was fully on display for all to see.

This is why Rohr need the fullbacks roles sorted as soon as possible. We have a big exciting battle on the cards in august and in september. smiley

Sir Goldfish's been vindicated.... smiley I love this thread. We all have our moments.... Hahahahahahahaha..... grin

As much as we talk about our full backs being top notch, we need hard working wingers and a fit Etebo.

Etebo tucking in as one of the DMs can help negate the effects of my player of the tournament Basagog.
Up front, I expect Ideye to start or someone in the mould of Aron Samuel. The CB pairing of Teikeu and the other guy is like watching Rigrobet Song and Kalla all over again.
We need someone who can match and win them in ariel battles and power play. I fear for Iheanacho if he is the one tasked to get the better of those guys. In such a match up, there will always be one winner.

Rohr really have his work cut out for him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:07pm On Feb 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Some of us were silent ooo.... I don't remember commenting on this post of yours. I only saw it and sat back to observe things... Abi I lie? smiley

I hope I recall well? sad

I think I was the first who fully acknowledged your post and stated that Your rating of this camerounian team is not off-point...

I remember saying Cameroun is not fantastic or spectacular but can just go all the way based on how things pan out... And based on the strength of their tactical discipline...

I haven't really been vocal about this Afcon as I want to be sef.... sad

But ehmmm... One of the Sportlanders who wrote off Cameroun earlier also tipped Egypt for the title... His moniker is Sir Icon79... And now Egypt have proved him right too... Can't wait for that final... grin

So biko... All of una wey give Sir Goldfish backlash... Oya... Make una dey line up come drop offerings of apology.... cheesy

Me... I dey indomie generation halls... The library section... Make I go check out some things quickly... wink

Yes to the bolded.
I was surprised when you made the post which aligned with my POV. I would be lying if I said, I wasn't surprised.. I expected resistance and strong opposition from you on that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (16373) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christology(m), justvictor57(m), Famocious(m), Suzzytee05(f), kellycute(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.