Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,841 members, 7,851,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:11 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (518) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11877075 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (16252) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 11:42pm On Feb 02, 2017
goldfish80:

As much as we talk about our full backs being top notch, we need hard working wingers and a fit Etebo.

Etebo tucking in as one of the DMs can help negate the effects of my player of the tournament Basagog.
Up front, I expect Ideye to start or someone in the mould of Aron Samuel. The CB pairing of Teikeu and the other guy is like watching Rigrobet Song and Kalla all over again.
We need someone who can match and win them in ariel battles and power play. I fear for Iheanacho if he is the one tasked to get the better of those guys. In such a match up, there will always be one winner.

Rohr really have his work cut out for him.
After final, I will respond to this post

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:50pm On Feb 02, 2017
@bolded... Glad to "disappoint" and not live up to those expectations Sir..... grin grin grin

I try to be honest shaa.... I try not to make my differences with one blind me to truth or a good/sound analysis... I'm not perfect... I just try to be honest and unbiased..... smiley

I knew your face on seeing me agree with you will be like.... grin

or maybe close to it... grin
or maybe a quarter of it... grin... Or maybe... Ah well.... Whatever... grin

goldfish80:

Yes to the bolded.
I was surprised when you made the post which aligned with my POV. I would be lying if I said, I wasn't surprised.. I expected resistance and strong opposition from you on that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:51pm On Feb 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Wow! You followed Uche Ikpeazu's progress then.... I did too for some years now. He was always in the news for his goalscoring exploits.... smiley

What happened? Wow! Uche Ikpeazu was once on my radar as a future Eagles player... So sad. sad

And now I understand the love and admiration for Dembele. I still think you are his uncle shaa.... grin hope you don't mind me terming you Dembele's uncle on this thread sometimes.... wink wink

Youth football has some drawbacks giving false credence without perspective.

When Uche Ikpeazu was 17/18 he was already 6"3plus with legs like tree trunks. He was simply too string and big for most players in his age range. He scored a Hatrick against both Chelsea and Arsenal.

But once he stepped up to the adult game he was no longer dominant it was now a level playing field. His limited skill set and pace became exposed.

I fear the same for Chuba Akpom dominated youth football but cannot deliver in the senior game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:06am On Feb 03, 2017
I absolutely agree with you on this one.... And yep, your fears for Chuba Akpom are well founded. Just hope he can step things up if he wanna make a good impact on the game and have a decent career.

Uche Ikpeazu did have the physical advantage as a teenager but now, things are equal/even as he comes up against bigger and equally strong opponents.

This is why it's important for our players to improve in their technical aspects of the game and not just their physical aspects. We don't wanna have just "big bullies" as players coz they will almost always turn out average or less than average.

Ibrahimovic is big but what stands him out is his skillset and sound technical abilities... smiley

Still sad for Ikpeazu shaa... Just hope Olufela Olomola of southampton doesn't follow in his footsteps.

komekn:

Youth football has some drawbacks giving false credence without perspective.

When Uche Ikpeazu was 17/18 he was already 6"3plus with legs like tree trunks. He was simply too string and big for most players in his age range. He scored a Hatrick against both Chelsea and Arsenal.

But once he stepped up to the adult game he was no longer dominant it was now a level playing field. His limited skill set and pace became exposed.

I fear the same for Chuba Akpom dominated youth football but cannot deliver in the senior game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enigmaticmotik(m): 12:50am On Feb 03, 2017
Thumbs up to u guys... It's always a pleasure 2 check on this page when thesupernerd and thegoodjoe are not arguing with other forumites. I also appreciate like 80% of their analysis (but not when thegoodjoe is supporting Guardiola). tongue tongue

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:09am On Feb 03, 2017
Emmanuel Daniel Records First Clean Sheet
For Pirates In Friendly Tie Against Black Leopards

Nigeria U-23 shot stopper Emmanuel Daniel kept his first clean sheet for his new team Orlando Pirates in their friendly win over Black Leopards.

Orlando Pirates snatched the Nigeria Rio 2016
safe hands from rivals Mamelodi Sundowns,
making it one of the dramatic January transfer
window in South Africa as he was reportedly
invited to the Rainbow nation by Sundowns.

Few hours after penning a deal with Pirates,the
22 year old was thrown into the deep end in their friendly game against Black Leopards, and he didn’t look out of place despite his lack of
familiarity with his new teammates.

Daniel was substituted with his team leading their opponent 3-0, in the friendly game that also saw fellow Nigerian James Okwuosa starring as well.

However while Okwuosa will move directly into
pushing for a shirt in the team when the league
resumes, Daniel will have to wait till June before
his registration can be ratified by the League
body.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/02/emmanuel-daniel-records-first-clean-sheet-for-pirates-in-friendly-tie-against-black-leopards/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:14am On Feb 03, 2017
Revealed – How LMC-Laliga Partnership Helped Bassey Complete Move To Barcelona From Enyimba

A lot has been said about the smooth transfer of Enyimba’s forward Ezekiel Bassey to Barcelona, but most have failed to acknowledge the role played by the partnership the La-Liga has with the League Management Company (LMC) of Nigeria.

Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal that
the move was done without the direct
involvement of any intermediary as go between,
rather it was supervised by the LMC.

The LMC-Laliga partnership was also instrumental in Bassey not attending any trials and also receiving his visa from the Spanish Embassy few hours after signing the dotted lines.

A source in the LMC told Owngoalnigeria.com that more players from the Nigeria League could join top teams in Spain, as part of the long term plans in their partnership involve having at least one Nigerian player in all 20 teams in the La-Liga.

”Bassey’s move to Barcelona is just the first of
many to come, thanks to our partnership with the La-Liga. The long term goal of our partnership involves transfer of talented players from the league to La-Liga teams”, he told
Owngoalnigeria.com.

”Let us say in a few years time we expect at least all La-Liga teams to have at least one Nigerian in their team. Bassey has blazed the trail and more will follow shortly”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/02/revealed-how-lmc-laliga-partnership-helped-bassey-complete-move-to-barcelona-from-enyimba/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:19am On Feb 03, 2017
Ex-Watford Ace Ighalo Beats NBA Star Iguodala To Title Of Highest Paid Nigerian Sportsman

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands Odion Ighalo will jet off to China on Saturday, February 4 to join his new team Changchun Yatai.

The former Watford star has already appended his signature to a 4+1 year contract with Changchun Yatai after passing a clinical
examination conducted in London on Monday.

Ighalo has now become the highest paid Nigerian professional footballer, with guaranteed wages of more than 200,000 pounds per week, which is more than 10 million pounds per season (equivalent of $12.5 million every year).

On top of that, the Super Eagles star is the best paid Nigerian sportsman, earning approximately $1.5 million more than Golden State Warriors shooting guard Andre Iguodala, who will pocket $11,131,368 this season.

Shanghai Shenhua striker Obafemi Martins will
take home $9 million this season, around the
same figure as new Tianjin Teda recruit Obi Mikel.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21933

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:27am On Feb 03, 2017
Rohr: Cameroon Good And Strong At AFCON, But Can’t Stop Nigeria

Nigeria manager, Gernot Rohr, says that the
Cameroon side he has seen progress to final of
the ongoing 2017 Africa Cup of Nations in Gabon is very good, but claims the Indomitable Lions cannot stop the Super Eagles from qualifying for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Cameroon are Nigeria's next opponents in the
Africa World Cup qualifiers Group B which also has Zambia and Algeria. Nigeria lead the group with six points after two rounds of matches, followed by Cameroon with two points. Zambia and Algeria, with two points apiece, occupy the third and fourth position respectively.

Nigeria will host Cameroon on August 28, the
reverse fixture comes up five days later –
September 2.

Rohr who is in Gabon as a pundit, and also has
been keeping tabs on the Cameroonians,
Completesportsnigeria.com gathered , has told
the NFF chieftains in Gabon that he has seen
much of the Indomitable Lions. He remains
upbeat that the Super Eagles will go past
Cameroon in the battles for the sole ticket in the
Africa qualifiers Group B.

"This Cameroon side is very good, strong and
hungry, but I think we have the quality and
mentality to beat them to the world cup ticket. I have picked enough dossier to guide us past
Cameroon," a reliable NFF source quotes Rohr as telling the Glass House chiefs in Gabon.

"I will still watch them in future friendly games
and during the 2019 AFCON qualifiers in June.
They are good, but I think we have what it takes to stop them and get the World Cup ticket"

Our source also reveals that Rohr who also
monitored Nigeria's other World Cup qualifiers
Group B opponent, Algeria, in Gabon, will embark on tour of Europe to meet with Nigeria players and their club officials ahead of a friendly match in March.

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/rohr-cameroon-good-strong-afcon-cant-stop-nigeria/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:32am On Feb 03, 2017
Ameobi Keen To Justify Newcastle Recall

Nigerian forward Sammy Ameobi has claimed that he is prepared to prove himself at Newcastle and help the club push for promotion to the Premier League from the Championship.

Ameobi was recalled from his loan spell at Bolton Wanderers by Rafa Benitez January after
Newcastle were hit by injuries and Africa Cup of
Nations duty.

Newcastle Academy product Ameobi, who has
less than six months left on his contract, told The Chronicle Live he is eager to make the best out of his time at the club till the summer.

"This doesn’t last forever. I’ve realised that, and I need to make the most of it," Ameobi, whose
elder brother Shola also played for Newcastle and Nigeria, said.

"That’s something I’ve learnt by going away
again.

"It’s something I’m going to take into the rest of my career.

"I’m not thinking about what the future holds –
I’m trying not to think about that or worry about that.

"I’m taking it a day at a time and whatever will
happen will happen.

"If I stay, awesome. If not, I can hold my hands
up and say I put in the work.

Ameobi has featured in two games against
Queens Park Rangers and Rotherham United
since rejoining the club in January.

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/ameobi-keen-justify-newcastle-recall/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:37am On Feb 03, 2017
New Bolton Signing Wants To Play For Nigeria Ahead Of England, Hails Okocha

Viv Solomon-Otabor would love to represent the
Super Eagles rather than the country of his birth England, and hopes his performances for Bolton Wanderers in the next three months will attract glances from the Nigeria coaches.

After a breakthrough season in which he won
Birmingham City’s Young Player of the Year
award, the 21-year-old has struggled for game
time in this campaign, with only five appearances for the first team.

Solomon-Otabor says he is delighted to represent a team that former Nigeria hero Austin Okocha played for before hanging up his boots.

“They call him JJ Okocha, he is a great player. It is good to come here, not to follow his footsteps but to come here and play for the team he played for once before, ” Solomon-Otabor said to Bolton’s YouTube channel.

“(International football) Hopefully. That is
obviously one of my achievements and plans in
the future. ”

Solomon-Otabor trained with the Dream Team VI prior to the 2016 Olympic Games, and was called up to train with the squad ahead of the All Africa Games in Brazzaville.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21931

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:48am On Feb 03, 2017
Akpom: Iwobi’s Arsenal Success Will Motivate Me At Brighton

Nigerian forward, Chuba Akpom, says Alex Iwobi's success at Arsenal will motivate him to do well at Brighton and Hove Albion, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Akpom joined Brighton on loan before the close of the January transfer window – his fifth loan move since his promotion from the Arsenal youth team.

Speaking on his loan move, Akpom states that he wants to prove that he has what it takes to
achieve at Brighton.

"Just seeing Alex doing good is a really proud
moment for me because we grew up together
and he's like a brother to me," Akpom tells
Brighton's website.

"To see him doing well and pushing on is good
and I use it as a motivation. I've come here and I want to play games for the first team and show everyone what I can do."

Akpom was in the Hull City squad that got
promoted to the Premier League last season. And now he wants to help Championship leaders Brighton to get promotion also.

"Everyone gave me advice and every game we
were just looking to win and push for promotion. Everyone was eager to get back into the Premier League and I'm sure it will be the same here, everyone will come in for training every day with the same winning mentality and I'm looking forward to it."

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/akpom-iwobis-arsenal-success-will-motivate-brighton/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:54am On Feb 03, 2017
Samuel wants Eagles chance

Aaron Samuel © Shengolpixs

CSKA Moscow forward, Aaron Samuel is eager to return to the Super Eagles after falling out of
favour in recent months.

The attacker who earned his senior debut for
Nigeria in 2014 under the late Stephen Keshi has yet to play for the Super Eagles with Franco-German trainer, Gernot Rohr at the helm.

Samuel, 22, insists he still has a part to play in
the national set up as the Super Eagles embark
on the home strait of 2018 Fifa World Cup
qualifying.

“I am eager to return to the national team but I
know that I have to work extremely hard to get a recall.

“While I am praying hard to get a recall, I am very happy that the team has been doing well and getting excellent results in the 2018 Fifa World Cup qualifiers," Samuel told supersport.com.

Rohr is seemingly spoilt for choice in his options
for upfront with Alex Iwobi, Kelechi Iheanacho
and Brown Ideye all throwing their weight about
in recent months.

The prospects for battling for a shirt alongside the accomplished trio does not faze the former
Dolphins FC striker who believes he has the talent to force his way back into reckoning.

“When I was in the team, we had very strong
players like Emmanuel Emenike and Odion Ighalo who was in great form at the time.

“It will not be difficult (for me to break into the
Super Eagles again) because I know I have the
ability to make a difference again,” he said.

Samuel has scored twice in seven senior
appearances for Nigeria.

Source: http://mobi.supersport.com/football/super-eagles/news/170202/Samuel_wants_Eagles_chance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:04am On Feb 03, 2017
enigmaticmotik:
Thumbs up to u guys... It's always a pleasure 2 check on this page when thesupernerd and thegoodjoe are not arguing with other forumites. I also appreciate like 80% of their analysis (but not when thegoodjoe is supporting Guardiola). tongue tongue

I am not emotionally strong. If not, Kung-fu shoes would have redecorated your face.
cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 03, 2017
The Afcon final is here.i am tipping Egypt to win the trophy.
I am impressed with Elneny's tactical discipline. He is the engine room that drives the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:08am On Feb 03, 2017
safarigirl:
Petrodolla is a frustrated Ghanaian, pay him no mind.

Na today Ghana dey enter AFCON Semis? Even when trophy dey their front, they still find a way to tank everything.

Like say na we be the origin of their 34-year old drought grin

Na 37 years e go be by next AFCON. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:10am On Feb 03, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
Sha, If Ghana wins the AFCON, I will feel happy for them. The celebration there will be huge. Then my Homie Andre Ayew will not cry again.

Well, Andre did that again. undecided

TheGoodJoe, its like you dnt know these Ghanaians. If they had won this AFCON u would have seen how they would have trooped here and start insulting Nigerians, from our Government to our populace and to our players. They would want to rubbish this thread.

Ghana was my second favorite team, after Nigeria. I stopped supporting them after the prolonged battles at kick-off Nigeria and Kick-off Ghana. When the sites were closed down we trooped down to nairaland and the bashing continued grin. Although I had always been on nairaland even before joining Kickoff.
I know their monikers very well. I dnt want to give any mention here. The way that guy was throwing insults yesterday here shows they have still not grown up.

I am glad Ghana is out period.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Just30: 8:21am On Feb 03, 2017
Icon4s:

TheGoodJoe, its like you dnt know these Ghanaians. If they had won this AFCON u would have seen how they would have trooped here and start insulting Nigerians, from our Government to our populace and to our players. They would want to rubbish this thread.

Ghana was my second favorite team, after Nigeria. I stopped supporting them after the prolonged battles at kick-off Nigeria and Kick-off Ghana. When the sites were closed down we trooped down to nairaland and the bashing continued grin. Although I had always been on nairaland even before joining Kickoff.
I know their monikers very well. I dnt want to give any mention here. The way that guy was throwing insults yesterday here shows they have still not grown up.

and you think
Majority of Ghanaians are not glad?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:25am On Feb 03, 2017
AIG07:

baba u don vex!

Folks like that are meant to be ignored just like the way guys that come here to promote their betting sites are handled.

The guy think se this place resemble kick-off nigeria or may be e de pain am se naija football don de get bearing towards a specific goal of dominating world football.

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:28am On Feb 03, 2017
Just30:
and you think
Majority of Ghanaians are not glad?

So majority of Ghanaians are glad too?

The thing is they are tired of Avram Grant.

You saw Sammy Kuffours comment about Grants future last night.

Kuffour's eyes were visibly red. I felt for the guy. He is my favorite Ghanaian. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:46am On Feb 03, 2017
bros as in! was surprised that some of our posters were backing them. cameroon sef as much as they have cost us major heart ache in the past still show us respect but our bredas? mbanu dem must to make mouth even though them never win trophy since obama dey toast michelle wetin i dey talk sef michael jackson still dey reason him career by that time sef. i'm sure that loud mouth from yesterday is feeling very foolish now.

Icon4s:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:49am On Feb 03, 2017
Icon4s:

So majority of Ghanaians are glad too?

The thing is they are tired of Avram Grant.

You saw Sammy Kuffours comment about Grants future last night.

Kuffour's eyes were visibly red. I felt for the guy. He is my favorite Ghanaian. grin

I understand Kuffor is actually Nigerian.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enigmaticmotik(m): 9:52am On Feb 03, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I am not emotionally strong. If not, Kung-fu shoes would have redecorated your face.
cheesy

Lol... gringrin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:49am On Feb 03, 2017
goldfish80:

I understand Kuffor is actually Nigerian.

How?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:09am On Feb 03, 2017
Icon4s:

How?
Surprised I could find the nairaland link to the story. I knew way back in 2005 when I traveled to Kumasi.

https://www.nairaland.com/835569/samuel-osei-kuffour-im-nigerian

The gist was that he used to be a house boy to a former Ghanaian U17 coach. On a certain match day, one of the players got injured and the coach decided to call up his house boy. The rest was history.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:14am On Feb 03, 2017
goldfish80:

Surprised I could find the nairaland link to the story. I knew way back in 2005 when I traveled to Kumasi.

https://www.nairaland.com/835569/samuel-osei-kuffour-im-nigerian

The gist was that he used to be a house boy to a former Ghanaian U17 coach. On a certain match day, one of the players got injured and the coach decided to call up his house boy. The rest was history.

Hmm.. quite interesting.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:30pm On Feb 03, 2017
This Cameroonian team though hard to beat but they can't stop Nigeria.

I have watched all their games each for 90mins in this AFCON. They have a good defense and compact midfield. Infact there is avery good cohesion between their defnse and midfield. However, they dnt have good strikers. This could be partly why they've had two draws in the WC qualifying group. I expect them to even get stronger when or if the 8 players that pulled out of the AFCON return to the team.

I expect Rohr to file out an attacking formation of very fast and skillful wingers and a point and kill striker. No room for strikers that would play 3 or 4 chances wide before hitting one on target.

The key is to get an early goal which would destabilize that their cohesion between their defense and midfield, stay compact on our own side and continue to terrorize them with quick counter attacks. God should please keep Moses, Iwobi, Etebo and Iheanacho fit for that clash.

I tip Egypt to beat Cameroun in the final.
Our attention should be drawn to how Egypt would unlock that Cameroonian defense line.

Cameroun must fall!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:38pm On Feb 03, 2017
Icon4s:
This Cameroonian team though hard to beat but they can't stop Nigeria.

I have watched all their games each for 90mins in this AFCON. They have a good defense and compact midfield. Infact there is avery good cohesion between their defnse and midfield. However, they dnt have good strikers. This could be partly why they've had two draws in the WC qualifying group. I expect them to even get stronger when or if the 8 players that pulled out of the AFCON return to the team.

I expect Rohr to file out an attacking formation of very fast and skillful wingers and a point and kill striker. No room for strikers that would play 3 or 4 chances wide before hitting one on target.

The key is to get an early goal which would destabilize that their cohesion between their defense and midfield, stay compact on our own side and continue to terrorize them with quick counter attacks. God should please keep Moses, Iwobi, Etebo and Iheanacho fit for that clash.

I tip Egypt to beat Cameroun in the final.
Our attention should be drawn to how Egypt would unlock that Cameroonian defense line.

Cameroun must fall!
The Egyptians aren't good enough to beat the Camerounians.
I watched how Cameroun out played Burkina Faso and the same Burkina Faso outplayed Egypt.

Judging by this analysis, one will be tempted to tip Cameroun for the win.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:45pm On Feb 03, 2017
goldfish80:

The Egyptians aren't good enough to beat the Camerounians.
If you watched how Cameroun out played Burkina Faso and the same Burkina Faso outplayed Egypt.

Judging by this analysis, one will be tempted to tip Cameroun for the win

Football is not like: X is >Y and Y is > Z so X is> Z.

All three of these teams play typically in different fashions. The Burkinabe's though very enterprising but do not posses that cutting edge and sound tactics to see them through.

Cameroun, though tactically better than the Burkinabes and can also be very enterprising, may not have that cutting edge to beat the Egyptians.

The Egyptians may not be the most enterprising team in the final four but their tactical depth and edge cutting players would see them through.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 1:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
Ambrose In England As Owen Coyle Provides Update On Proposed Transfer To Blackburn Rovers

Super Eagles and Celtic defender Efe Ambrose was among the spectators that watched Blackburn Rovers 1-2 loss to Leeds United in the English Championship, as his move to Rovers continue to hang in the balance.

Ambrose watched Rovers’ defeat to Leeds United from the stands on Wednesday evening, but a deal to bring him to Ewood Park remains in the balance.

“That’s an issue regarding the work permit,” Coyle said of the move for Ambrose.

“For me, it’s one or two things – you’re either eligible or you’re not.

“I’m led to believe there was dialogue over that (work permit).

“But he’s played in the Champions League with Glasgow Celtic, has 51 caps for Nigeria, but I don’t really know the full criteria of moving from one country to another.

“He is a bona fide international, talking about his qualities as a player, but it’s whether he meets the criteria and I think that’s where the issue has arisen.”

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/02/ambrose-in-england-as-owen-coyle-provides-update-on-proposed-transfer-to-blackburn-rovers/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 1:10pm On Feb 03, 2017
Rohr Plans To Use Russian-Nigerian Full Back Idowu Against Pacey Cameroonian Forward Bassogog

Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr is keen on securing the services of Russian-Nigerian full back Brian Idowu ahead of the World Cup 2018 back to back qualifiers tie against Cameroun.

Rohr who is in Gabon working as a pundit for BeIN Sport at the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations, where Cameroun are through to the finals believes the pace and strength of Idowu will come handy against the pacy Cameroonians.

The coach is not entirely convinced by his two options at left full back Elderson Echiejile and Kingsley Madu especially as Cameroun most effective forward Christian Bassogog operated from the right.

Rohr believes the Aalborg’s rising star will find it hard to use his pace to devastating effect against Idowu than his current options at left back due to Idowu’s pace and physical attributes.

The Franco-German coach is therefore putting the NFF under immense pressure to secure a Nigeria international passport for the 24 year old Amkar Perm defender, who only has a Russian international passport.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/03/rohr-plans-to-use-russian-nigerian-full-back-idowu-against-pacey-cameroonian-forward-bassogog/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 1:11pm On Feb 03, 2017
Controversial Ex Super Eagles Jersey Number 10 Shirt Man Gabriel Okechukwu On Trial In Georgia

Former Super Eagles and Flying Eagles fringe player Gabriel Okechukwu is presently testing with Georgian champions Dinamo Tblisi.

Okechuckwu was released by Ukrainian side Karpaty Lyviv in February after playing just 12 minutes of league action in the first stanza of the league.

The 21 year old failed to tie down a shirt in the one year he spent at the club he joined from local Nigeria side Water FC, during the January transfer window of 2016.

He is well famed in Nigeria after former coach of the Super Eagles late Stephen Keshi handed him the number 10 jersey against Chad in Nigeria’s first AFCON 2017 qualifiers in Kaduna.

Keshi was queried by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) for dressing a player who doesn’t play in any level of Nigeria football league, and worst still handed him the number 10 jersey.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/03/controversial-ex-super-eagles-jersey-number-10-shirt-man-gabriel-okechukwu-on-trial-in-georgia/

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (16252) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ddone, Goke7, TheGoodJoe(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.