Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,932 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11778175 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5264) (5265) (5266) (5267) (5268) (5269) (5270) ... (16192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 21, 2018
Icon4s:
AHMED MUSA IS NAIRALAND NIGERIAN FOOTBALL FANS PLAYER OF THE YEAR AS TOCHUKWU OLUEHI WINS SUPER FALCONS PLAYER OF THE YEAR!

Full Results below:

1. Nigerian Player of the Year
Ahmed Musa-62 (Winner)
Alex Iwobi-0
Wilfred Ndidi-4

2. Home based Super Eagles Player of the Year
Ukouwem Utin -11
Junior Lokosa-31(Winner)
Ikechukwu Ezenwa-22

3. Most Impactful New Inclusion (2018)
Jamilu Collins-21
Samuel Kalu-44 (Winner)
Semi Ajayi-0

4. Best Ogedengbe Super Eagles Best Goal Keeper of the Year
Ikechukwu Ezenwa-6
Francis Uzoho-59 (Winner)
Daniel Akpeyi-0

5. Stephen Keshi Best Defender of the Year
William Troost-Ekong-44 (Winner)
Leon Balogun-18
Tyrone Ebuehi-4

6. Samuel Okwaraji Best Midfielder of the Year
John Obi Mikel-7
Wifred Ndidi-30 (Winner)
Alex Iwobi-28

7. Rashidi Yekini Best Attacking player of the Year
Odion Ighalo-6
Ahmed Musa-59 (Winner)
Victor Moses-1

8. Most improved player (2018)
Ahmed Musa-28 (Winner)
Odion Ighalo-14
Alex Iwobi-24

9. Young Player of the Year (U21)
Samuel Chukwueze-18
Samuel Kalu-17
Francis Uzoho-30 (Winner)

10. Super Falcons Player of the Year
Tochukwu Oluehi-23 (Winner)
Onome Ebi-18
Francisca Ordega-21

11. Super Eagles Goal of the Year.
Ahmed Musa 1st goal vs Iceland-21
Samuel Kalu 4th goal vs Libya-5
Ahmed Musa 2nd goal vs Iceland-39 (Winner)

Official thread created for the Results: https://www.nairaland.com/4915866/breaking-ahmed-musa-wins-nairaland

FOR THOSE RESIDING IN EDO , ONDO AND DELTA STATES, PLEASE TUNE TO VIBES 97.3 FM TOMORROW AT 7:10AM, 12NOON, AND 5PM FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE AWARDS.

FOR THOSE IN LAGOS AND ABUJA, WE ARE PUTTING FINISHING TOUCHES WITH CORETV TO MAKE THE ANNOUNCEMENT. FINAL INFORMATION ON THIS WILL BE PASSED ACROSS SOON.

Cc: Cc: Semid4lyfe, honeric01, Joseph1033, Terzurum5, M7even, Daninya11, tbaba1234, Michael2, Kog45, Joebie, komekn, andrew444, kentebemoney, BascoVanVeli, rabzy, Nedville, Safarigirl, Taliban, Forgiveness, TheGoodJoe, TheSuperNerd, ChrisKels, Chrisoblog, mujtahida, enomakos, confun, EEGA, naptu2, COOL10, Earthquake1, Robosky02, elyte89, junnyjake, darkelf, davep, edi287, Sportilitica, Certitude, Chrismario, Danielnino00, Trinity, zayyadidris, Magink, Curtisaxel7, AIG07, Icon79, krattoss, petrobros, Odunayaw, Charlesemeka85, do4luv14, realpoacher, chiscodedon, zoboizee, raindodger13, wayodude, Naijaphobia, Truidstar, oloriooko, maidaboi, Onozboy, jieta, Jihday, Humility017, loogan, Diavolo, gameliel9, cc12, isan, kennysville, busky007, kingphilip, Drlikita12, Sadiqali24, Unlimited22, Sainty92, alexie4real, Eseose9, edopesin Seunvense, goldfish80, all Nigerian Football fans.

Nice job. However no coach of the year?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:24am On Dec 21, 2018
Will he be in the sidelines?
Icon4s:

He supervises also all the junior teams.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:25am On Dec 21, 2018
Mickael2:

But they are comfortable sitting in midtable above the West Ham team you want them to emulate, how does that make sense??

West Ham is above Leicester City on the table. It seems you have not been following the league lately.

Below is the current EPL table and also look at the gap between Leicester City and West Ham on the form table which follows.

Also keep in mind that West Ham is still adapting to the philosophy which resulted in four straight losses in the beginning of the season. If not, West Ham would be higher on the EPL table.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 9:26am On Dec 21, 2018
Icon4s:

Who are these?

Dembele

Rafinha, Gerald Pique
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:29am On Dec 21, 2018
Mickael2:

I am trying to explain to you that that isn't how it works. Who exactly is willing to take him on loan? That is what you have to ask, you know transcountry loan deals are usually very difficult to pull off so most likely he will stay put in England, which attacking team in England wants him? Or which of them needs a backup striker first? If he forces a move at this point in time he will be going to the championship

I did not say it was going to be a walk in the pack. That is why I said his agents need to earn their money by getting to work. Start making calls and negotiating the best possible loan deal. Nacho must be in a very offensive team. Also he should be in a team where he gets a run of games.

If he goes to a championship side that plays offensively and he gets his chance to score goals, his stock will rise. Than having a long drought in the EPL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 9:30am On Dec 21, 2018
I have always respected you as you do support your point with facts and do not result to insults when trying to pass your points accross.

I do remember when you said Nacho should stay behind in Man city and people kept on bashing you. We all advocated for him to move to another club that game time is needed. The problem now is that he has had enough game time but he is still not improving.

We are now advocating for him to find another club again, hope we will not end up in the same situation again.
TheGoodJoe:

West Ham is above Leicester City on the table. It seems you have not been following the league lately.

Below is the current EPL table and also look at the gap between Leicester City and West Ham on the form table which follows.

Also keep in mind that West Ham is still adapting to the philosophy which resulted in four straight losses in the beginning of the season. If not, West Ham would be higher on the EPL table.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:30am On Dec 21, 2018
Mickael2:

But how come the right passes came for Musa to score?

I am talking of the game we lost 2-0 to South Africa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 9:32am On Dec 21, 2018
Maybe Nacho can go to westham

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:36am On Dec 21, 2018
Sportilitica:
I have always respected you as you do support your point with facts and do not result to insults when trying to pass your points accross.

I do remember when you said Nacho should stay behind in Man city and people kept on bashing you. We all advocated for him to move to another club that game time is needed. The problem now is that he has had enough game time but he is still not improving.

We are now advocating for him to find another club again, hope we will not end up in the same situation again.

As long as the move is calculated to a side that suits Nacho's play, then the move will be a positive one. If it is just a move to another side that it is not offensive enough, then there will be no reason for the move.

It is up to his agents to put their heads down, study the stats of the teams who are in need of strikers, study their historical style of play and current play. Before making the move.

For instance, there is room at West Ham. I believe with all my heart, Nacho can give Chicarito a run for his money.

Although with the City buy-back clause, it will be hard negotiating a palatable offer but it can be done. A move to West Ham (keep in mind Pellegrini has an affinity for Nacho). He plays a direct attacking system that suits Nacho. The chances will come and Nacho can take it.

But the negotiation is key. The ball is now in the court of Nacho's agents and managers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:38am On Dec 21, 2018
Sportilitica:

Precisely. Pairing with Arnautovic and Filipe Anderson behind him will be thrilling but Chicarito is also finding his fire under Pellegrini.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:56am On Dec 21, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

The team will certainly excel and win titles but stellar performances is very limited at Atletico Madrid. See how Carrasco washed up there. A far cry from the genius at Monaco.

Atletico Madrid is too negative for Chukwueze.

That is what matters. Griezman won individual laurels from the same Athletico Madrid.

Make the boy go Athletico Madrid. He is not Iheanacho. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:57am On Dec 21, 2018
Sportilitica:

Nope maybe when boss TheGoodjoe finally have a club and joins him @ d GoodjoeFC,nacho will pick his form grin grin and score goals
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:02am On Dec 21, 2018
Mickael2:

In 938 minutes Vardy has scored 5goals and had one assist. That should be a goal involvement every 150 minutes. In 811 minutes Kelechi has just ONE goal and a couple of assists. Like I always say be objective when you argue, Vardy has had injury issues and even got red carded yet he still has a nice ratio, for effect Aubumeyang's ratio is 1 goal every 140minutes. And somehow you want the coach to build the team around a player with one goal in the EPL? Let me also remind you that Madison who isn't a strikerhas scored 5 goals as well in the same system.

That same washed up Vardy scored 20 league goals last season

I clearly said OPEN PLAY GOALS so minus the penalties and let us know
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:24am On Dec 21, 2018
Ezenwa signs with katsina after all. I believe this also means that the Destiny Ashadi to China deal is a go.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:34am On Dec 21, 2018
elyte89:

Nope maybe when boss TheGoodjoe finally have a club and joins him @ d GoodjoeFC,nacho will pick his form grin grin and score goals

I won't go as far as thegoodjoe but I still believe that bad service is the root of this drought. My problem is that Nacho used to shout at world class players at man city but he barely says a word to these bums. He is too respectful, he needs to go back to the basics and play like he did when he first got to England. Mahrez is also a big miss for Iheanacho.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:02am On Dec 21, 2018
Joebie:
Will he be in the sidelines?

I don't know but he was with the technical crew during the U17 AFCON qualifiers, East African zone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:09am On Dec 21, 2018
andrew444:

Yes I agree with you and I prefer he stays at Villarreal

Even if those news are speculations it's a good thing

If he's going to move, I hope it won't be to Atletico..Simeone is a great manager no doubt but his defensive style of play will limit Chuks's performance in attack...
And I hope he doesn't move to the EPL either.. At least not to a mid table team...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:09am On Dec 21, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

You never know what a man will do until he is put in the situation. I have heard people like you all my life but laslas they end up betraying Jesus.

If the UK doesn't have cameras on every corner the crime rate is much higher. This is not rocket science it is the way of life

I once at the request ofy father worked in the accounts department of a tertiary institution in Nigeria. It was corruption ridden.

I didn't take one penny from any contractors, l didn't concede to the demands of multiple female students for verification.

Cutting a long story short all the accounting staff were sacked apart from myself and the chief accountant. This Chief accountant sacrificed a goat in the middle of the night in the office joined secret cult to survive.

I left very soon after to the UK. I had enough of battling and fighting corruption at personal risk.

I could give you more but it's not necessary.

Not all have decided to bow down to the gods of corruption and money by any means possible.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:11am On Dec 21, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

That's your business but the fact remains that everyone is capable of doing evil.

However, some more so than others.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:20am On Dec 21, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

The point is Nacho made a wrong move. I knew this was going to happen before he moved. I am just explaining what I was arguing against. Now is the time for Nacho's agents to earn the money he made them and work on a move for him to a more offensive side that creates chances at will.

Adapting to Leicester City style of play will only slow him down.

In football your past exploits determine you future suitors most of the time.

You can give a thousand excuses, KC was simply not good enough for Man city.He was limited.

But that's past history now, as it stands it's very difficult to define what type of player he is. Striker, AM, SS, etc.

Leicester City have little money and have tried to modify and adapt thier expensive acquisition. But it's not working very well.

His goal return over the last two seasons is ABYSMAL who do you think will want to buy him now.

His best bet is to run out his contract because nobody will pay him big money for him on his current form. O don't think one EPL club would take him on now. He will probably get a championship club at best. Going abroad may be another option but on far less money than he's getting now.

Harsh reality
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:23am On Dec 21, 2018
Mickael2:

You know how this agent thing works right? You don't just go to Wolves and tell them that you have a player you want to sell to them and they will just come and buy. As at now hardly anybody wants him for 10M never mind the 25M Leicester may want to get back, he needs to make himself relevant again by churning out top performances and he isn't going to so that if he keeps on telling himself that the Leicester system is his problem

Bruv straight to the point the HARSH REALITY.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:23am On Dec 21, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Nacho can not improve in such dross environment. A move to play in a better system first. Then we can talking of him getting back his stats and then improving.

This post bow begs the question "how many teams with a system that suit Iheanacho will be willing to sign him with his current form"

Can u mention a few teams you know that can suit him now??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:29am On Dec 21, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

I won't go as far as thegoodjoe but I still believe that bad service is the root of this drought. My problem is that Nacho used to shout at world class players at man city but he barely says a word to these bums. He is too respectful, he needs to go back to the basics and play like he did when he first got to England. Mahrez is also a big miss for Iheanacho.

Respect is earned it's not given when you perform.

He can't shout because he has not performed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:55am On Dec 21, 2018
komekn:

I once at the request ofy father worked in the accounts department of a tertiary institution in Nigeria. It was corruption ridden.

I didn't take one penny from any contractors, l didn't concede to the demands of multiple female students for verification.

Cutting a long story short all the accounting staff were sacked apart from myself and the chief accountant. This Chief accountant sacrificed a goat in the middle of the night in the office joined secret cult to survive.

I left very soon after to the UK. I had enough of battling and fighting corruption at personal risk.

I could give you more but it's not necessary.

Not all have decided to bow down to the gods of corruption and money by any means possible.

Honestly I don't even know where u are getting at with this. I didn't say everybody is criminal but knowing there is little chance of getting caught would lead more into crime. If u leave security in front of a gate there is less chance people try to jump it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:10pm On Dec 21, 2018
komekn:

Respect is earned it's not given when you perform.

He can't shout because he has not performed.

That is total bogus. We are talking about his relation with his team and u are taking style to attack the player. He sould shout because he is on the pitch and not on the bench. All u talk about is why a player is not good enough but I have never heard u come up with a solution.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:14pm On Dec 21, 2018
komekn:

However, some more so than others.

No everybody. Including u
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2018
Icon4s:
Our Nairaland Football Fans Awards were announced on Vibes FM 97.3 this morning. To be announced again at 12noon and 5pm News hours. Those is Edo, Delta and Ondo please take note.

For those residing in Lagos and Abuja the awards have been sent to CoreTV. So expect it in the News between today and tomorrow.

The Vice Chairman SWAN Edo state has also promised to excalate the News to other online media.

Announced on Vibes Fm again a few minutes ago. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:28pm On Dec 21, 2018
Danielnino00:

This post bow begs the question "how many teams with a system that suit Iheanacho will be willing to sign him with his current form"

As of now, there many clubs who play possession type of football, but i will mention a few.

ENGLAND:

Manchester City | Liverpool FC | Arsenal FC | Tottenham Hotspur

SPAIN:

FC Barcelona | Real Madrid | Sevilla FC | Real Sociedad

GERMANY:

Borussia Dortmund | FC Bayern | Bayer 04 Leverkusen | TSG 1899 Hoffenheim

ITALY:

Juventus | AS Roma | SSC Napoli | ACF Fiorentina

Some other clubs are

Inter Milan, Las Palmas, Nice, PSG, Lyon, Ajax, Celtic FC, Aberdeen FC, Porto FC, New york city FC.

The above mentioned team are having good ball possession and passing rate comparing to other clubs.

From Quora.

Some clubs in Belgium and France are even left out from the list.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2018
Mickael2:

In 938 minutes Vardy has scored 5goals and had one assist. That should be a goal involvement every 150 minutes. In 811 minutes Kelechi has just ONE goal and a couple of assists. Like I always say be objective when you argue, Vardy has had injury issues and even got red carded yet he still has a nice ratio, for effect Aubumeyang's ratio is 1 goal every 140minutes. And somehow you want the coach to build the team around a player with one goal in the EPL? Let me also remind you that Madison who isn't a strikerhas scored 5 goals as well in the same system.

That same washed up Vardy scored 20 league goals last season
An honest leicester city fan will feel pity for the strikers not just nacho, I've watched leicester city game numerous times and I tell people that it's easier for their midfielders to score than the strikers, outside the pk which nacho won some, vardy has not score upto 3 goals. The midfielders hardly deliver pass to the strikers

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:43pm On Dec 21, 2018
Danielnino00:

Top 20 teams in Europe with the most average possession

Rank Club Name Percentage Possession (%)
1 Bayern Munich 64.4
2 Barcelona 61.7
3 Paris Saint-Germain 61.3
4 Manchester City 60.7
5 Borussia Dortmund 60.3
6 Napoli 58.8
6 Liverpool 58.8
7 Nice 57.5
7 Sevilla 57.5
10 Los Palamas 57.3
11 Tottenham 57.1
12 Arsenal 56.6
13 Manchester United 56.3
14 Olympique Lyonnais 56.2
15 AS Roma 55.4
16 Florentina 55.3
16 Real Sociedad 55.3
16 Bayer Leverkusen 55.3
19 Inter Milan 55.1
20 Juventus 54.9
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:49pm On Dec 21, 2018
komekn:

In football your past exploits determine you future suitors most of the time.

You can give a thousand excuses, KC was simply not good enough for Man city.He was limited.

But that's past history now, as it stands it's very difficult to define what type of player he is. Striker, AM, SS, etc.

Leicester City have little money and have tried to modify and adapt thier expensive acquisition. But it's not working very well.

His goal return over the last two seasons is ABYSMAL who do you think will want to buy him now.

His best bet is to run out his contract because nobody will pay him big money for him on his current form. O don't think one EPL club would take him on now. He will probably get a championship club at best. Going abroad may be another option but on far less money than he's getting now.

Harsh reality

Seems you did not read a thing I commented on.

There are people in the football circle who know the reality on ground. Nacho is not in a worst state than Diego Forlan at Manchester United. Yet, with the right moves and management he became one of the top hitmen in the history of football.

Giuseppe Rossi looked lost at Manchester United but with an ideal move, a dynamite was delivered at Villarreal.

Thierry Henry flopped at Juventus but under the tutelage of Arsene Wenger and playing in the right system, he became one of the deadliest forwards in the history of the game.

That is the true reality on ground. With the right negotiations, moves and tutelage, Nacho can still become the dynamite he was meant to be.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:01pm On Dec 21, 2018
andrew444:

Lol no mind dembele jor
Nawa o. iffai hear say any naija guy dey do like this after escaping the football atmosphere we have in this country. grin

Twont be long though. January is not far. Let him enter England first as rumored.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5264) (5265) (5266) (5267) (5268) (5269) (5270) ... (16192) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christinu2, ddone and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.