Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11631959 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5351) (5352) (5353) (5354) (5355) (5356) (5357) ... (16137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 9:36am On Jan 09, 2019
I supports Ogu. Bailey and mahrez shouldn't be there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 9:52am On Jan 09, 2019
krattoss:
what do expect when our pinnick is there as an oh yes member. Dude can't even alter any thing with his presence.
Na for Naija dem go dey form corruption.
Now do the corruption among ur global peers when it matters most, he will be there. Looking like a sagged breast while his mates maneuvers him in his very own front. MUGU.
Make buhari open the him world cup fund case sef. Make him sleep for efcc and dss cell small. Foolish botbellied idiot .

You harsh o. shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:41am On Jan 09, 2019
Icon4s:

Egypt hosting now puts them amongst the favorites.

favorites won't always equal winners. Ghana won their U20 world cup in that same Egypt so no excuses. How are you sure they make it out of the first round

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:44am On Jan 09, 2019
The use of BUTs, IF’s is expected when it comes to Nigeria. Nobody is debating if we have the money to put up 10 international stadiums. We are talking about our poor maintenance culture. Give it a few years, the much celebrated new structures will need an overhaul of some sort. Of course corruption is linked to this.

Mickael2:

Exactly. This is the only problem I would have with it because most of these politicians will budget enough money to tear down the stadiums and start from the scratch but they will only use 10% of the budget on the stadiums and the rest straight to their pocket. The corruption involved and the looting are the only reasons why I wouldn't want it here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:56am On Jan 09, 2019
Joebie:
How is that an upgrade? Does the rail link mean that passengers can be transported from one point of the airport to another? Upgrade? Are u kidding me? Have u been to the Abuja airport lately? Is that what you are celebrating?

It's because rail link transports passengers away from the airport to the city. Unlike the mover that will just transport you from one spot to another within the airport. Don't you get it?

Apparently, the advantages for the rider include faster travel time and easy interconnection with other public transport. Additionally, the links benefit airports by drawing in more passengers via easy access.

Now tell me if this is not an upgrade. Yes, it's worth celebrating because no African country can boast of it save South Africa and Morocco.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:57am On Jan 09, 2019
Taliban:

I forgive for all you have written.

Why? Na fact I tell you so.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:59am On Jan 09, 2019
It’s not an upgrade. Two different things even from your own description.

Modified
Let me add, the meaning of the word, upgrade

Even if you have one, there is still a need for the other, of course depending on the size of the airport. The Cairo airport is huge. The 2nd largest in Africa I believe.

forgiveness:

It's because rail link transports passengers away from the airport to the city. Unlike the mover that will just transport you from one spot to another within the airport. Don't you get it?

Apparently, the advantages for the rider include faster travel time and easy interconnection with other public transport. Additionally, the links benefit airports by drawing in more passengers via easy access.

Now tell me if this is not an upgrade. Yes, it's worth celebrating because no African country can boast of it save South Africa and Morocco.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 11:00am On Jan 09, 2019
krattoss:
what do expect when our pinnick is there as an oh yes member. Dude can't even alter any thing with his presence.
Na for Naija dem go dey form corruption.
Now do the corruption among ur global peers when it matters most, he will be there. Looking like a sagged breast while his mates maneuvers him in his very own front. MUGU.
Make buhari open the him world cup fund case sef. Make him sleep for efcc and dss cell small. Foolish botbellied idiot .

You laid all these curses as if you would do better than him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:08am On Jan 09, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

favorites won't always equal winners. Ghana won their U20 world cup in that same Egypt so no excuses. How are you sure they make it out of the first round

Only one team can win a tournament. Egypt are one of the favorites to lift that cup.

You are saying Nigeria will beat Egypt even on the pyramid how are you so sure we too will qualify from the group.

If you really follow African Football you will know Egypt are heavy weights when it comes to the AFCON. They will be more rated than Nigeria to win the 2019 AFCON.

Bringing in Ghana winning U20 in Egypt is baseless because Egypt are no where in World youths Football. While Ghana are among the best in the world at age grade level.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 11:23am On Jan 09, 2019
raindodger13:

I had a mental image of overweight men in agbada and fila babbling while smoking ganja.

.....with some bowls of nkwobi and bottles of champagne on the table in front of them, and a couple of scantily clad teenage girls sitting on thier laps. grin.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:32am On Jan 09, 2019
Joebie:
Sometimes I wonder what our leaders say when they hangout. I guess they say stuffs like Nigeria is doing fine. Stuffs that some of us here like to say. That’s our number one problem, denial of the reality. If the pride of our nation is truly at stake for them, they would sit up to their responsibilities.

Don't you see them always putting their rotten dentition on display, whenever they hanging out?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:48am On Jan 09, 2019
wayodude:

When you say Abuja airport is far better than all airports in subsahran Africa I hope you are not including North Africa in your definition of sub Saharan Africa. But if you're a not then what's the point of the statement?

I was in Cairo in 2016. Getting from the airport to the Zamalek area is a long drive and there is no rail link. This is true.

To cut it all short, in terms of all infrastructure required to host a 24 team AFCON Egypt are in a much better position to make a success of it with 6 months planning than Naija.

Currently, Casablanca international airport in Morocco, Mauritius international airport and Durban international airport are the best in Africa in the over 2m passengers per year category according to ACI rating.

Remember, Casablanca international airport has rail link long and some other facilities that gave it good rating. However, Abuja international airport that was rated the best in safety category by the same ACI has now added rail link, new terminal and hotel to its facilities.

Don't you think that will give it a better rating than other airports?

Having a beautiful and a big for nothing airport without safety and facilities is useless but that's what joebi and some Nigerians are after.

Nigeria is in a better position because all the stadiums just got renovated.

Or can you please tell me why Egypt is in a better position than Nigeria.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:51am On Jan 09, 2019
Joebie:
It’s not an upgrade. Two different things even from your own description.

Modified
Let me add, the meaning of the word, upgrade

Even if you have one, there is still a need for the other, of course depending on the size of the airport. The Cairo airport is huge. The 2nd largest in Africa I believe.

Oga, don't come and start twisting grammar as If I no go school. Upgrade simply means better in that context.

Abuja airport rail link is better than Cairo 1km airport shuttle. Gbam.

Cairo Egypt will choose rail link ahead of that mover if they have the the money.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:53am On Jan 09, 2019
jieta:
Oga forgiveness, you are one of the most patriotic Nigeria I've ever come across.

It's time we believe in our country. Thanks anyway.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:58am On Jan 09, 2019
Joebie:
The Nigerians when u go put na.

Ndidi ahead of keita for me...

Keita didn't have a better 2018 than Ndidi..He is even yet to hit the right form with Liverpool...

And I dunno what Bailey is doing there...Maybe the absence of a left back is what made them push Koulibaly there and put Bailey...

Its still a good list though...
I just feel Ndidi should have made it

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 11:59am On Jan 09, 2019
Gombe Utd and Kada City FC both gain promotion to the NPFL after playing out a goalless draw.
Kogi Utd and Real Stars FC return to the NNL.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:01pm On Jan 09, 2019
tbaba1234:

MMA2 is managed by a private company owned by Babalakin

After renovation of MMA 1, we still had leaking roofs. Similar things happened in PH and Enugu.

The problem is not even with renovation. It is the lack of maintenance culture.

Those airports will be privatised.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.proshareng.com/news/General/FG-raises-airports-privatisation-committee-as-fourman-ICAO-team-arrives/6951&ved=2ahUKEwjLxcbUxeDfAhULAWMBHZSPBvMQFjABegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw3sMiJPeEdPIlolLkDAvPC3
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:02pm On Jan 09, 2019
grin
forgiveness:

Oga, don't come and start twisting grammar as If I no go school. Upgrade simply means better in that context.

Abuja airport rail link is better than Cairo 1km airport shuttle. Gbam.

Cairo Egypt will choose rail link ahead that mover if they have the the money.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:04pm On Jan 09, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

We can beat Egypt even if we play on top of a pyramid. In fact I here and now declare that Nigeria will win the 2019 AFCON in Egypt.

Amin oo grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2019
Icon4s:

Only one team can win a tournament. Egypt are one of the favorites to lift that cup.

You are saying Nigeria will beat Egypt even on the pyramid how are you so sure we too will qualify from the group.

If you really follow African Football you will know Egypt are heavy weights when it comes to the AFCON. They will be more rated than Nigeria to win the 2019 AFCON.

Bringing in Ghana winning U20 in Egypt is baseless because Egypt are no where in World youths Football. While Ghana are among the best in the world at age grade level.

I don't care about all that grammar. Nigeria will win the AFCON come and beat me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:10pm On Jan 09, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

I don't care about all that grammar. Nigeria will win the AFCON come and beat me.

So is my wish too. But don't underrate the challenge from other top teams in Africa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 12:10pm On Jan 09, 2019
Egypt would host a fantastic AFCON no doubt.
But I’m worried about the undue fanaticism of their fans.
Would any African referee dare award an 89th minute penalty against the Pharaohs in Alexandria, even if it’s a clear penalty?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 12:13pm On Jan 09, 2019
DrLikita12:

The games a being played at different times. Right now it's Kogi Utd vs Real Stars

thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 12:14pm On Jan 09, 2019
Danycrusoe:

thanks

Both teams will return to the NNL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 12:16pm On Jan 09, 2019
PDPGuy:
Egypt would host a fantastic AFCON no doubt.
But I’m worried about the undue fanaticism of their fans.
Would any African referee dare award an 89th minute penalty against the Pharaohs in Alexandria, even if it’s a clear penalty?

Why not?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:18pm On Jan 09, 2019
DrLikita12:

Side note: I don't want to get involved in this argument but the Abuja airport is no longer under construction. It was recently opened to the public (2/3 days ago).
It's not the most beautiful but it looks alright. It's also functional which is what matters most I think. There's a video on FAAN's twitter page. You can draw your own conclusions.

Thanks. This report is useful.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2019
Joebie:
It looks alright yes. Parts of tnew construction was already completed weeks ago. It’s not like magic happened a few days ago. But like you said, it is alright and functional,is it better than the Cairo international airport? I don’t think so

It's better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:23pm On Jan 09, 2019
Icon4s:

All things being equal,the favorites to win the AFCON (in my own opinion) are

1)Egypt

2) Morocco (north Africa factor)

3) Tunisia

4) Nigeria

5) Cote d'ivorie

6) Senegal

I don't trust this is Senegal team one bit... They look like another Africa golden generation that won't live up to expectation...

As for Ghana and Cameroon, they are simply not in good form ATM...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lordparcel: 12:26pm On Jan 09, 2019
John Ogu just blasted CAF

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:35pm On Jan 09, 2019
lordparcel:

Useless rating.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2019
lordparcel:

Ogu just messed up his tweet by adding Ighalo grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2019
Mickael2:

I guess you are talking about the hotel part, well na his life sha

If it's about hotel, Nigeria's hotel are better. That's why they are winning awards ahead of Egypt's hotels.

Nicon hotel Abuja has won the best hotel in business category for the third time this year.

Another hotel in won international award.

Cc: jeobi

https://allafrica.com/stories/201712220475.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (5351) (5352) (5353) (5354) (5355) (5356) (5357) ... (16137) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: charlesemeka85(m), Napoleon55(m), Philosopher1979, Tessyy1701, codemaniacs, soetanoreoluwa(m), mkrest(m), Cecco90, Oasis007(m), Samueltemi337(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.