Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11632206 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5353) (5354) (5355) (5356) (5357) (5358) (5359) ... (16137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:29pm On Jan 09, 2019
Icon4s:

Trust the North Africans to maximize their home advantage.

I agree with you ,just as I have said earlier I am giving them chance as the host nation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:37pm On Jan 09, 2019
andrew444:

What has happened since 2010 ?

Egypt has not been the Egypt of 2010,their best moment in the past years was qualifying for the 2018 World Cup

You are right jare....and they seem to have developed some sort of overdependence on Salah...

It affected them at the world cup

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:38pm On Jan 09, 2019
tbaba1234:
Looks like Awaziem will be moving to Turkey on loan

Did he sign a contract extension with Porto??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 4:20pm On Jan 09, 2019
Remo Stars are also promoted after their 2-1 win over Delta Force. The four promoted teams are Remo Stars, Bendel Insurance, Gombe Utd and Kada City FC.
Super8 final will be between Bendel Insurance and Kada City.

I read that Emmanuel Daniel (GK during the last Olympics) is now with Gombe Utd but I can't verify.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 4:24pm On Jan 09, 2019
DrLikita12:
Bendel Insurance officially promoted after their 1-0 win over 3SC!

PietroRick, you can celebrate now wink

Good. am Sunshine Stars FC fan..i just dont want 3SC

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 4:27pm On Jan 09, 2019
opes:

Good. am Sunshine Stars FC fan..i just dont want 3SC

You can also celebrate grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:17pm On Jan 09, 2019
Cc forgiveness

Who builds and maintain hotels?

I saw your attempt at copying me. This is a guy who does not realize that a large airport needs to have a means of transporting passengers from one point to the other within the airport. And you consider a light rail transit to the airport better than a means of transportation within a very large airport like the Cairo international airport. I don’t even want to post links of rankings of airports in Africa. I have wasted hours arguing with u this fellow
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 5:24pm On Jan 09, 2019
DrLikita12:

Both teams will return to the NNL.

thanks but meanwhile

UPDATE: LMC officials are here in Aba. NPFL resumption date stand, January 13th. Draw for the promoted NNL clubs done in Aba. The promoted NNL clubs will be excuse from Matchday 1 games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:24pm On Jan 09, 2019
The ultimate question is what is going to change about the organization of the NPFL in 2019? Besides club sides traveling less, how about the officiating and broadcasting part?
DrLikita12:

Both teams will return to the NNL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 6:55pm On Jan 09, 2019
andrew444:

Just because they are the Host nation I will agree with you ,in others footballing aspect I will never agree with a team that can't beat Saudi Arabia

The last time we played Saudi Arabia we couldn't beat them either. They infact bossed the game for long spells.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 6:58pm On Jan 09, 2019
Joebie:
The ultimate question is what is going to change about the organization of the NPFL in 2019? Besides club sides traveling less, how about the officiating and broadcasting part?

I hope to see an all round improvement. Improving broadcasting would bring about a lot of positive changes so it is something I'd lIke to see- security/safety, better officiating, maybe even better pitches.
But I can't really do anything.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:03pm On Jan 09, 2019
Danielnino00:

Did he sign a contract extension with Porto??

I think his contract expires in 2020.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 7:07pm On Jan 09, 2019
wayodude:

The last time we played Saudi Arabia we couldn't beat them either. They infact bossed the game for long spells.

Iran you mean.

At the 2014 world cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:29pm On Jan 09, 2019
Let’s keep our fingers crossed
DrLikita12:

I hope to see an all round improvement. Improving broadcasting would bring about a lot of positive changes so it is something I'd lIke to see- security/safety, better officiating, maybe even better pitches.
But I can't really do anything.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:30pm On Jan 09, 2019
wayodude:

Yeah because we played saudi arabia within the past 2 years

Now tell me when last we played saudi arabia in a major competition and in a friendly?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:32pm On Jan 09, 2019
timay:

Iran you mean.

At the 2014 world cup

Ask the guy which year we plaed saudi arabia for friendly or competiton

Iran is a better team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:34pm On Jan 09, 2019
Who else is following this program "The Candidates" on NTAi? What do u make of Moghalu's vision/agendas?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 7:35pm On Jan 09, 2019
andrew444:

Yeah because we played saudi arabia within the past 2 years

Now tell me when last we played saudi arabia in a major competition and in a friendly?

We played them in the run up to the 2010 World Cup and the game ended 0-0. Remember?

The strength of the Saudi team as well as their pedigree hasn't changed at all since then.

The game in which they beat Egypt was a dead rubber, no more than a friendly.

Another thing that hasn't changed is how arrogant most of our fans are.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 7:50pm On Jan 09, 2019
wayodude:

We played them in the run up to the 2010 World Cup and the game ended 0-0. Remember?

The strength of the Saudi team as well as their pedigree hasn't changed at all since then.

you and I know that Nigeria doesn't play well with lesser teams during friendlies.

if we play friendlies well, may be we would be better ranked. we only play well in major competition
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:51pm On Jan 09, 2019
Joebie:
Cc forgiveness

Who builds and maintain hotels?

I saw your attempt at copying me. This is a guy who does not realize that a large airport needs to have a means of transporting passengers from one point to the other within the airport. And you consider a light rail transit to the airport better than a means of transportation within a very large airport like the Cairo international airport. I don’t even want to post links of rankings of airports in Africa. I have wasted hours arguing with u this fellow

You don't know anything. Give it up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:54pm On Jan 09, 2019
wayodude:

In a friendly match and not a competitive game,thank God you brought out the right info

Don't compare friendly match to competitive game please I beg you

Nigeria beat Argentina 4-2 and we didn't hear word in this thread but when the main mindial started we could not beat them

I guess I am arrogant for saying what's I think is reality

Egypt is not a good team take it or leave it ,you can call me arrogant once again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 8:08pm On Jan 09, 2019
timay:

you and I know that Nigeria doesn't play well with lesser teams during friendlies.

if we play friendlies well, may be we would be better ranked. we only play well in major competition

Oh really? Like we did against Iran, South Korea, Greece? All teams we beat with mouth and on nairaland grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:09pm On Jan 09, 2019
Hahaha grin
forgiveness:

You don't know anything. Give it up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 8:38pm On Jan 09, 2019
wayodude:

Oh really? Like we did against Iran, South Korea, Greece? All teams we beat with mouth and on nairaland grin

We could have won the match against Greece. we were on course to winning until keita foolishly hot red carded.

we know what happened with Yakubu in the match with South Korea.

the draw against Iran is the only match I know we didn't play well, send we deserve to even loose the match, but we were lucky.

So, Mr , don't make it look as if Nigeria is a small country that can't even beat anybody.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:50pm On Jan 09, 2019
Next time add the “e” to joebie.

Best improved in terms of safety. You have forgotten the said airport was shut down for repair work in the runway not too long ago. You have been given an award for improvement. Shows how sad the state of safety was prior to them. You are just making up logic. Wait until Abuja is given an award based in facilities etc

I have checked the facts as regards ur claim about Nigerian hotels. Let me find that post and quote it with the facts

forgiveness:

Currently, Casablanca international airport in Morocco, Mauritius international airport and Durban international airport are the best in Africa in the over 2m passengers per year category according to ACI rating.

Remember, Casablanca international airport has rail link long and some other facilities that gave it good rating. However, Abuja international airport that was rated the best in safety category by the same ACI has now added rail link, new terminal and hotel to its facilities.

Don't you think that will give it a better rating than other airports?

Having a beautiful and a big for nothing airport without safety and facilities is useless but that's what joebi and some Nigerians are after.

Nigeria is in a better position because all the stadiums just got renovated.

Or can you please tell me why Egypt is in a better position than Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:54pm On Jan 09, 2019
Here we go.

Now let’s go over to the official site not a Nigerian paper reporting a hotel’s claims

https://luxuryhotelawards.com/winner/the-12-annual-world-luxury-hotel-awards-winners/?sorts%23winners-table%5Bhotel%5D=1

Now do a simple search by typing the country. Your celebrated hotel will be returned as the only hotel from Nigeria that got an award. Now look carefully at the category and the region in question. Does the region say Africa as a whole?
See snapshot below. Do a similar search for other countries and tell me what you found

The award type is regional. If you are confused by that search other countries

Cc Mickael2

forgiveness:

If it's about hotel, Nigeria's hotel are better. That's why they are winning awards ahead of Egypt's hotels.

Nicon hotel Abuja has won the best hotel in business category for the third time this year.

Another hotel in won international award.

Cc: jeobi

https://allafrica.com/stories/201712220475.html

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:00pm On Jan 09, 2019
You that know more than me Mr. forgiveness , this is the search result for Egypt. Let me see if u can comprehend this.

Cc Mickael2

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:21pm On Jan 09, 2019
People go dey hype Wetin dey my backyard. Na so den for use my head if I no dey Naija.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:27pm On Jan 09, 2019
Even a Ghanaian hotel won a continental award. Another won a regional award.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 10:01pm On Jan 09, 2019
timay:

We could have won the match against Greece. we were on course to winning until keita foolishly hot red carded.

we know what happened with Yakubu in the match with South Korea.

the draw against Iran is the only match I know we didn't play well, send we deserve to even loose the match, but we were lucky.

So, Mr , don't make it look as if Nigeria is a small country that can't even beat anybody.

Come on man, there are no IFs and COULDs when the final whistle is blown. We failed to beat these 3rd tier teams after all our bragging and arrogance. As the proverb goes, If my aunty had balls she would be my uncle, but she doesn't so shes my aunt and will remain so.

I laugh sometimes when naija fans are talking, i remember after Italy knocked us out of USA94 and people were saying we underestimated them hahaha. So us first time qualifiers were underrating 3 time world champions abi? Issorait

The fact is we are no where near as good as we think we are. Our overall stats at the world cup proves this.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:49pm On Jan 09, 2019
ChrisKels:
Who else is following this program "The Candidates" on NTAi? What do u make of Moghalu's vision/agendas?

In a better society I wouldn't have to be wasting my vote on candidates like Atiku and/or Buhari, total failures they are and they have shown that over and again. However as it is now we have to decide between the two, we essentially run a two party system in Nigeria, Moghalu is just like an independent candidate in the US, winning is impossible.

Down to the points he raised, it is nonsensical that our president actually said that he makes appointments based on the people ' he trusts'. No no no, merit is not in his dictionary, only trust. At the end of the day you can only trust people you know and have worked with and that at the end of the day means we sacrifice merit on the altar of tribalism and all what not. OK let's say you appoint your ministers based on the people you trust I may not argue, but agencies, civil service and the military have a genuine structure that self-elects the top officials of such agencies based on years of outstanding performance and meritorious service. Why will you come in and bypass military personnel with proven track records just because you want to appoint who you trust, not because they are functioning well but because you trust that they will never stand against you. That is the sorry state of our country now.

Then I would say that the moderator isn't exactly intelligent. Moghalu mentioned that one of the chief causes of insecurity is lack of proper security at the boarders and somehow she brought him back to the fact that our problems are inborn. OK I want to ask if you decide to start shouting in your room from today till tomorrow what will change? But when you have access to the sophisticated weapons that these terrorists have then or is either it was imported or our military structure has been totally compromised. In America you can track the owner of a gun, makes it totally easy to limit crime. But here we don't know how they come about these guns, the first step has to be to secure our boarders, nothing illegal comes in then if they still have access to these weapons then we will know that the military is the problem and then tackle that one.

Finally this present fight against corruption is a scam, a major scam. Now let me ask you, if you earn 30k a month and you have a nasal issue, say nasal polyps and the surgery required would cost nothing less than 300k in a standard private hospital and you already know that there is absolutely no health insurance for you, if, say you work in a scholarship board, and someone comes to you in that period with a bribe of 300k wouldn't you collect it? I personally wouldn't but if you collect it then you have absolutely every right to. How can you be fighting corruption when the common man doesn't have access to three square meals a day? Stealing and corruption then becomes a necessity to survive. Corruption can only be defeated in a well developed economy, you can't leave the standard of living of the people and then start fighting corruption it is a total scam.

Like I said in a standard society, the main flag bearers should be guys like Moghalu, Peter Obi and Osibanjo and the fact that we have to be choosing between Buhari and Atiku shoes where we will remain in four years time

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:51pm On Jan 09, 2019
For 2017 awards, where is Frazer Suites?
The search returned zero for Nigerian hotels

In the same year, Egyptian hotels won awards in 13 categories, 3 of which were continental awards.
forgiveness:

If it's about hotel, Nigeria's hotel are better. That's why they are winning awards ahead of Egypt's hotels.

Nicon hotel Abuja has won the best hotel in business category for the third time this year.

Another hotel in won international award.

Cc: jeobi

https://allafrica.com/stories/201712220475.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (5353) (5354) (5355) (5356) (5357) (5358) (5359) ... (16137) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m), mostob(m), opes, TheGoodJoe(m), sojious, Meliforme, iamdynamite(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.