Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,391 members, 7,819,402 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11692714 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5383) (5384) (5385) (5386) (5387) (5388) (5389) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 9:48pm On Jan 15, 2019
Can somebody show Samuel Kalu's goal?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 9:49pm On Jan 15, 2019
Hw far with Sheyi Ojo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 9:50pm On Jan 15, 2019
andrew444:

Efe Ambrose is not a bad player ,he is just out of favor that's all .

I don't think Efe is as talented as the CBs and FBs we have now

He always seems to make a mistake
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:00pm On Jan 15, 2019
andrew444:

Efe Ambrose is not a bad player ,he is just out of favor that's all .

Efe Ambrose is past it. He has been past it for a while.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:05pm On Jan 15, 2019
Earthquake1:

I don't think Efe is as talented as the CBs and FBs we have now

He always seems to make a mistake

51 caps no b joke and e never play for naija for almost 4 years

Efe Ambrose is already 30/31 ,during his younger days he has played top flight football more than our current player ,played in the champions league constitently

Ambrose is one of our best scoring defender after Joseph yobo

Yes his time is past ,but sorry if e get an Epl move his time is back

Our defenders that cannot even score any goal from set piece ,all out corner kick na waste

He makes mistake in Celtic doesn't means he makes mistake in the eagles so no carry him club blunder come eagles abeg

Which better full back we get apart from ebuehi?

Also Ola aina because he has been doing well at torino and has improve a lot

So you think jamilu Collins is better than Ambrose ? Or shehu abdulahi then you must be joking

Ebuehi and aina are the only full back better than Ambrose ,take it or leave it

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:07pm On Jan 15, 2019
tbaba1234:

Efe Ambrose is past it. He has been past it for a while.

Never said he should be invited I know he is past it ,making my point ,when he was younger as omeruo and co he was better than them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 10:21pm On Jan 15, 2019
andrew444:

Efe Ambrose is already 30/31 ,during his younger days he has played top flight football more than our current player ,played in the champions league constitently

Our defenders that cannot even score any goal from set piece ,all out corner kick na waste

He makes mistake in Celtic doesn't means he makes mistake in the eagles so no carry him club blunder come eagles abeg

So you think jamilu Collins is better than Ambrose ? Or shehu abdulahi then you must be joking

You are only over hyping the guy

Efe Ambrose was not reliable as a SE player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:22pm On Jan 15, 2019
Taliban:

How many points sperate them from the last three teams on the log. Nothing to be confused about sir.

Sometimes it's that one point that results in relegation.

You can't be in the relegation zone if you are 9 places above the bottom team. It's your position that counts not your points, something you don't seem to know.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 10:23pm On Jan 15, 2019
andrew444:

Wait, you would pick Efe Ambrose over Jamilu Colins in the left side of defence

Are you serious grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:33pm On Jan 15, 2019
Icon4s:

Where transfer speculations of Efe Ambrose wan take us go sef. The guy na pensioner already na. undecided

So l don't think the issue is about his age, it's about his current performance. Some of the best defenders in the world are well over 30. Defenders as you should know often get better with age.

You more than most people should know that, unless you have take an irrational dislike to him for reasons best known to yourself.

I think it's something to commend him for an age when most of our players seem to completely burn out as if they are 40+.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:35pm On Jan 15, 2019
andrew444:

Agreed without pause.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:35pm On Jan 15, 2019
Earthquake1:

Wait, you would pick Efe Ambrose over Jamilu Colins in the left side of defence

Are you serious grin

Mr Ambrose is a right back and central defender ,giving example of full backs in general
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:38pm On Jan 15, 2019
Earthquake1:

What made him unreliable

He is also very versatile considering that he was played as a Wing back mostly.

When he actually plays more as a CB.

In my opinion l will not say Ajayi is better than him or even Omeruo.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:39pm On Jan 15, 2019
Earthquake1:

I am not even an Ambrose fan ,if I remember I have insulted him here and said we doesn't need him

Was not reliable yes but he won the afcon

The last time I saw good crosses from a right back in the eagles was during Ambrose time ,our full back cannot even cross the ball .

Ambrose is already 30 and should know he is up to 40 in real age ,you don't expect him to play like a Thiago Silva

How many 30 years old Nigeria defenders have been performing at top level since Joseph yobo time ?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 10:40pm On Jan 15, 2019
andrew444:

Mr Ambrose is a right back and central defender ,giving example of full backs in general

Well I'll be happy for him if he moves to the premiership

Maybe he'll turn into a different monster
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:40pm On Jan 15, 2019
Earthquake1:

Well I'll be happy for him if he moves to the premiership

Maybe he'll turn into a different monster

The way i dey see na championship e go end up ,but I hopes for Epl move
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 15, 2019
komekn:

You can't be in the relegation zone if you are 9 places above the bottom team. It's your position that counts not your points, something you don't seem to know.

Sir K, of course it's the position that counts not points absolutely, you are spot on. But then again, if we don't want to be myopic in what we seem to know, when points difference between teams on the lower rung aren't too far apart, then there is a mathematical chance that anything can happen and positions can change rapidly. In conclusion, your position counts but points might still play a big role.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 10:44pm On Jan 15, 2019
komekn:

What made him unreliable

Ajayi and Omeruo are better than Efe Ambrose

He has not played for the SE for sometime because he's not up to par, when last did we mention him in this thread

He's linked with a 'supposed' move for the premier league suddenly he becomes Sergio Ramos
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 10:48pm On Jan 15, 2019
andrew444:

I am not even an Ambrose fan ,if I remember I have insulted him here and said we doesn't need him

Was not reliable yes but he won the afcon

The last time I saw good crosses from a right back in the eagles was during Ambrose time ,our full back cannot even cross the ball .

Ambrose is already 30 and should know he is up to 40 in real age ,you don't expect him to play like a Thiago Silva

How many 30 years old Nigeria defenders have been performing at top level since Joseph yobo time ?

'You play your best games when you're not playing' - Lee Dixon

This your hyping of Efe reminds me of how arsenal fans are currently hyping Ozil forgetting he's a lazy inconsistent player

When Echiejile goes absent for a while and returns to one club some people will start comparing him to Roberto Carlos grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 10:51pm On Jan 15, 2019
komekn:

What made him unreliable

Something tells me that you're on the Efe bandwagon because he's 'supposedly' moving to an English side *raises eyebrow *
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:05pm On Jan 15, 2019

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 11:42pm On Jan 15, 2019
Suretips1:
Kindly Speak For Yourself, Don't Generalize Or Mind Your Business, Or Shut Up And Move On
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:08am On Jan 16, 2019
Suretips1:
Kindly Speak For Yourself, Don't Generalize Or Mind Your Business, Or Shut Up And Move On
Why not listen to good advice coming from a source that cares about you. Gambling will ruin you. A gambler is a loser.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by paulos8: 1:55am On Jan 16, 2019
Iwobi and co don't even know when last they won afcon... Am I the only one not finding this funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XlY9C7SSik&t=183s

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:08am On Jan 16, 2019
William Troost-Ekong (Udinese) has blocked the most shots in Serie A this season, with 22.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:38am On Jan 16, 2019
komekn:

bros, he didn't say they are relegation bound, he said they are relegation threatened
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:41am On Jan 16, 2019
Aina one of the best defender in Serie A

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:20am On Jan 16, 2019
jihday:
Aina one of the best defender in Serie A

We need to learn to utilize him for Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:59am On Jan 16, 2019
komekn:

So l don't think the issue is about his age, it's about his current performance. Some of the best defenders in the world are well over 30. Defenders as you should know often get better with age.

You more than most people should know that, unless you have take an irrational dislike to him for reasons best known to yourself.

I think it's something to commend him for an age when most of our players seem to completely burn out as if they are 40+.

It is consistent defenders that get better with age. Even if he suddenly experiences a recent resurgence in form i as a coach will not be in a haste to buy such a player. It might just a flash in the pan.

I am not wishing him bad but I don't see him really having plenty of playing time. Cardiff just probably needs a standby experienced defender.

At the bolded, I don't think anyone here defended Efe as much as I did during Oliseh's and Siasia's (Egypt double header) reign when the "Pro-Awaziem" no let us rest here. I just feel Ambrose in his current state of form cannot fit into this current CB setting.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:03am On Jan 16, 2019
paulos8:
Iwobi and co don't even know when last they won afcon... Am I the only one not finding this funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XlY9C7SSik&t=183s

You think they care?

Most of these players just use the national Team to boost their career.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:20am On Jan 16, 2019
Earthquake1:

'You play your best games when you're not playing' - Lee Dixon

This your hyping of Efe reminds me of how arsenal fans are currently hyping Ozil forgetting he's a lazy inconsistent player

When Echiejile goes absent for a while and returns to one club some people will start comparing him to Roberto Carlos grin

Am not hyping Ambrose and I am not saying he should be invited because his time has pass,it's hard for you guys to take the truth that's one problem on this thread ,you have no defender than can cross the ball ,you have no defender that can score from set piece yet you are saying am hyping a player ,Ambrose is 30 already and we should know his real age should be close to 40.

Ozil is world class ,he only started being inconsistent recently so don't act as if he has been inconstitent all his career .

An inconstitent player will not play more than 100 games for Madrid ,they refuse to sell him to Arsenal that shows how good he is ,an inconstitent player will not win more than 90 caps for the German national team and have been regular there for the past 9 years till he retired

Stop being sentimental making it look as if Ozil have been inconstitent all his career ,so because a player has been inconstitent for the past 2 season means he has been so all his career ? Bro please try and be truthful, you will say am an Arsenal fan for that but you all l know am a Barca fan

You are not making sense at all concerning echiejile ,who will compare echiejile to Carlos ? What are you even saying self ? Maybe it's people like you that will compare omeruo to better defenders,it's even a crime to compare echiejile to Taiwo .

Abeg if na play stop am oooo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5383) (5384) (5385) (5386) (5387) (5388) (5389) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: komekn(m), lordofstrings, elyte89, Philosopher1979, shawwal1(m), Icon4s(m), BankyGee(m), Ppogbae and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.