Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,059 members, 7,852,589 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:59 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11880309 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5490) (5491) (5492) (5493) (5494) (5495) (5496) ... (16253) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 1:00pm On Feb 07, 2019
Bolowolowo:
Ladies and gentlemen, the friendly is dead on arrival. The NFF promised a friendly with both countries pledging their best talents and their promises have fell through.

Highly disappointed.

Liverpool star Mohammed Salah to miss Egypt's friendly against Super Eagles

Mohamed Salah will not come to the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba to face the Super Eagles.

Egypt Star Mohamed Salah has been confirmed to miss the international friendly against the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

The Super Eagles of Nigeria are scheduled to face the Pharaohs of Egypt in an international friendly scheduled for the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba Delta State.

Both Egypt and Nigeria have already sealed their spot at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) with one group game still left to play.

The 26-year-old Salah has been in sensational form for Premier League giants Liverpool this season but in a report by KingFut, he is set to miss Egypt’s games during the March international break.

In the report, Salah’s absence was confirmed by the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) vice-president Ahmed Shobier.

Shobier stated that Salah and West Bromwich Albion defender Ahmed Hegazi will not be a part clash against Nigeria as well as their AFCON group fixture against the Niger Republic as head coach Javier Aguirre’s team as he aims to give the opportunity to the several young players to prove their worth.

Mohamed Salah will not feature for Egypt in March Mohamed Salah will not feature for Egypt in March
He said, “Mohamed Salah will not play the Niger game in the AFCON qualifiers or the Nigeria friendly.

“Ahmed Hegazi will probably also be left out of the squad."

He doesn't want to get injured at the Asaba Stadium
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:01pm On Feb 07, 2019
Icon4s:

He is 21. Next year which is Olympics he will be 22.
Let's see what he does against Napoli first. A good showing can boost his cause
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:12pm On Feb 07, 2019
Bolowolowo:
Ladies and gentlemen, the friendly is dead on arrival. The NFF promised a friendly with both countries pledging their best talents and their promises have fell through.

Highly disappointed.

Liverpool star Mohammed Salah to miss Egypt's friendly against Super Eagles

Mohamed Salah will not come to the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba to face the Super Eagles.

Egypt Star Mohamed Salah has been confirmed to miss the international friendly against the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

The Super Eagles of Nigeria are scheduled to face the Pharaohs of Egypt in an international friendly scheduled for the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba Delta State.

Both Egypt and Nigeria have already sealed their spot at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) with one group game still left to play.

The 26-year-old Salah has been in sensational form for Premier League giants Liverpool this season but in a report by KingFut, he is set to miss Egypt’s games during the March international break.

In the report, Salah’s absence was confirmed by the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) vice-president Ahmed Shobier.

Shobier stated that Salah and West Bromwich Albion defender Ahmed Hegazi will not be a part clash against Nigeria as well as their AFCON group fixture against the Niger Republic as head coach Javier Aguirre’s team as he aims to give the opportunity to the several young players to prove their worth.

Mohamed Salah will not feature for Egypt in March Mohamed Salah will not feature for Egypt in March
He said, “Mohamed Salah will not play the Niger game in the AFCON qualifiers or the Nigeria friendly.

“Ahmed Hegazi will probably also be left out of the squad."

If that be the case,then let's also parade fresh legs...

Salah's absence might have to do with his feud with the Egyptian FA or maybe Liverpool requested it!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:36pm On Feb 07, 2019
Danielnino00:

If that be the case,then let's also parade fresh legs...

Salah's absence might have to do with his feud with the Egyptian FA or maybe Liverpool requested it!

The matches are inconsequential. Him missing is sort of a no brainer considering the work load he has at Liverpool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:50pm On Feb 07, 2019
Brother Odunayaw how do you see the job Fidelis Ilechukwu has done with MFM so this season even without Sikiru and Onuwa?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:51pm On Feb 07, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Let's see what he does against Napoli first. A good showing can boost his cause

He being part of the SE does not mean he can't be part of the Olympics team. Several SE players in the past have played in the Olympics. He may not have done enough to earn a SE invite but I know he is good enough for the U23. My inference is based on what I have seen thus far not what I am yet to see.

Besides, what ever he does against Napoli is just one game. We need to see him repeat good performances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:21pm On Feb 07, 2019
Icon4s:

He being part of the SE does not mean he can't be part of the Olympics team. Several SE players in the past have played in the Olympics. He may not have done enough to earn a SE invite but I know he is good enough for the U23. My inference is based on what I have seen thus far not what I am yet to see.

Besides, what ever he does against Napoli is just one game. We need to see him repeat good performances.

I didn't say anything about U23 but we can't hide from the fact that he plays against a team that can give a good litmus test right before the list comes out.
I beg to differ with you on your one game talk, the boy has not been living on the set of big brother this whole time, he has been putting up good performances all season so a good game against Napoli will only solidify his growing reputation and it should not be considered as just one good game(even though there are 2
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:21pm On Feb 07, 2019
Nigeria defender Efe Ambrose is set to link up with English Championship club Derby County on a free transfer, reports Completesports.com

A number of Championship clubs according to TEAMtalk.com have expressed interest in the former Celtic defender who is a free agent, having exercised a clause in his contract at Hibernian to leave last month.

Sheffield Wednesday were thought to be leading the chase to sign the 30-year-old versatile defender who is able to play at centre-back or right-back.

Middlesbrough and Bolton Wanderers were also among Ambrose’s suitors, but the website can reveal the versatile defender has opted for a move to Pride Park.

That will see him play under Chelsea legend Frank Lampard and help boost the Rams’ promotion push.

Ambrose who has been capped 51 times and scored four times has previously featured for Celtic and Isreali club, Ashdod.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:30pm On Feb 07, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Brother Odunayaw how do you see the job Fidelis Ilechukwu has done with MFM so this season even without Sikiru and Onuwa?
It seems the man has a talent for this kinda job, finding diamonds in the rough.

I am highly impressed I must say. I wish NFF or LMC or somebody could sponsor him to undertake advanced coaching courses or something. I would like to see him in our cadet teams someday
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 3:48pm On Feb 07, 2019
Odunayaw:
It seems the man has a talent for this kinda job, finding diamonds in the rough.

I am highly impressed I must say. I wish NFF or LMC or somebody could sponsor him to undertake advanced coaching courses or something. I would like to see him in our cadet teams someday

What's his pattern of play like? How does his team play?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:03pm On Feb 07, 2019
Clementoke:

What's his pattern of play like? How does his team play?
I haven't watched them this season. But based on the season they came 2nd in the league - their games were televised too (2016) they had one of the most fluid attacking plays in the league second only to Akwa United. So I still imagine they have the same style now

The major takeaway from their coach is that he takes nobodies and make them challenge the big boys. Example is one of his boys scoring a goal to win CNN goal of the week

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:08pm On Feb 07, 2019
Odunayaw:

Credit must be given to the church who refused to buy any players and forced the coach to search within.

You are right, the NFF should sponsor promising coaches like him to upgrade their badges. That will improve our football alot because these coaches will then input the knowledge in their assistants and so on

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:37pm On Feb 07, 2019
TBT

NIGERIA VS GABON 1994 AFCON.

OH YEKINI! cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXxsP2GNc3k

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:48pm On Feb 07, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Credit must be given to the church who refused to buy any players and forced the coach to search within.

You are right, the NFF should sponsor promising coaches like him to upgrade their badges. That will improve our football alot because these coaches will then input the knowledge in their assistants and so on
Yeah, The church is right to have a policy of growing their own. Although the club may not have grand plans for the continent but they are doing a great job surviving in the league and building the future

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 4:58pm On Feb 07, 2019
one year ago winkwe must lift a trophy with this jersey

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 5:24pm On Feb 07, 2019
isan:
one year ago winkwe must lift a trophy with this jersey

Who jersey epp undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:13pm On Feb 07, 2019
I really don't like the way our females football teams are sometimes sidelined by the NFF especially the falconets and flamingoes. They are always subjected to poor treatment. I feel it is due to lack of woman figure at the class house.
wetin u think?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 7:18pm On Feb 07, 2019
No sponsor
mostob:
I really don't like the way our females football teams are sometimes sidelined by the NFF especially the falconets and flamingoes. They are always subjected to poor treatment. I feel it is due to lack of woman figure at the class house.
wetin u think?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:23pm On Feb 07, 2019
isan:
No sponsor
maybe if one of the VPs is a woman preferably a former player,they might get sponsors.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:35pm On Feb 07, 2019
mostob:
wetin u think?

Female engagements have never been given priority in Nigeria

Nigeria is a third world country nao
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:23pm On Feb 07, 2019
Odunayaw:
Yeah, The church is right to have a policy of growing their own. Although the club may not have grand plans for the continent but they are doing a great job surviving in the league and building the future

You are right and if they do good business when it's time to sell they can slowly wind up being a top team in the league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:38pm On Feb 07, 2019
isan:
No sponsor

If Oshoala can get sponsors why can't the team. I blame FIFA because they are not making these federations accountable for the growth of female football. The thing is that the people even giving these sponsorships are not smart at all. For example a man like Rabiu Ali has no sponsors. This is a man that is not only well known but loved in kano in fact he is on rock star status so what stops them? I honestly doubt these companies know the value of being a sponsor.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:47pm On Feb 07, 2019
Unconfirmed reports reaching me as it that Akwa united team bus was attacked by Yobe desert stars players after Akwa United beat them 1-0 today in Yobe..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 07, 2019
Danielnino00:
Unconfirmed reports reaching me as it that Akwa united team bus was attacked by Yobe desert stars players after Akwa United beat them 1-0 today in Yobe..

ban and heavy fine fall on them angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 10:40pm On Feb 07, 2019
krattoss:
ban and heavy fine fall on them angry

They need to start subtracting points from them angry

That's the only thing that can pain fans
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:17am On Feb 08, 2019
Danielnino00:

Shebi the sweat is all about points ba. i feel the fine for such ruthless behaviours should be heavy points deductions. mostbof these teams cant even budget 450milla in a season. smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:26am On Feb 08, 2019
As for our Flyin Eagles Mendem

The team have an exploratory attack, but knowing we are going to the world stage, we need to be more clinical on goal.

i watched their clips and all of the times SA attacked, there was a solo run and nobody could dispossess this solo runner. They came for a draw and we need to be able to crack down such teams instead of waiting for chances only. Football has evolved beyong chance taking, however major. Those midfielders are good for attack but nowhere to be found to shield the def. i believe such areas would be worked on.

Senegal cannot do what they did to Ghana to the Flying Eagles. Impossicant is the word!!! Such a wack Ghana team!! There are not ready atalll. But they were totally ready with the hair fashion undecided

Niger should be a good test for these guys.

That Micheal dude is very good.

Yahaya too.

The mentality of this team should be to better the usual Round of 16exit the previous teams are known for. Wish them luck. Well done Sir Paul!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:30am On Feb 08, 2019
Icon4s:

Ghana did not really play well in their first game despite their win against Burkina Faso.

Senegal have a very good side. Recall they beat Nigeria in the final of the WAFU tournament.

I predict we will meet again in the AYC final.
i'd prefer to say that Ghana played wack football. You are soft in the description you gave. lol.

Senegal are good, but they cant do what they did to Ghana vs Flying Eagles, unl3ss mistake happen. That Badji guy plays like Chicharito. A huge eye for goal

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 4:13am On Feb 08, 2019
andrew444:

I no no weda English dey hard you

Yes he need to move ,but was there any offer that onyekuru rejected ? Why can't you wait till this season come to an end ?

If I talk say you hate player the other guy go jump like chicken come here

Simple question ,did onyekuru have any offers?

Is he not on a season long loan ?

Is the one year loan deal yet to end ?

Does a player leave a club by him self when there is no offers ?

You won't be able to answer those questions
Some players don't wait for offers b4 moving.

Like I said b4, Uzoho and Agbo didn't receive offers b4 joining their current teams on loan.Their agents had to negotiate with the clubs on a possible loan deal which they accepted.

No mid-table Spanish,Italian or French league will reject Onyekuru if he decides to join them on loan.Reason being that he has a good record in both Belgium and the first-half of the season in Turkey.

He should have moved during the January transfer window.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 4:22am On Feb 08, 2019
andrew444:

Shehu was part of the eagles playing in mediocre league

But onyekuru is not good enough because he is playing on turkey ?

Now you can see how confused you are ?
Read my post again.I said Shehu was already part of the Super Eagles b4 rohr became coach.

You can't drop an old member of the team when the new ones can't displace him.At least not someone who have been impressive throughout the qualifiers with a MOTM to his name.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 4:41am On Feb 08, 2019
andrew444:

Uzoho moved to a lower league

So you want onyekuru to move to a lower league like Spanish division 2 or any other league soyou go continue to dey insult am ? for your eye move na move just because you hate turkey league

Uche Agbo to get a which recall ? Agbo that has been relegated to the bench at standard liege you are here saying nonsense

Moses Simon that moved to better league no b bench e dey chop

Abeg quote me when you make sense ,if you wanna keep on being bias don't quote me

Person be Everton player and e go dey think of moving to bigger club like Sevilla and co if e get offer you dey here dey talk about uzoho wey go division 2 then Cyprus

Smh for you
Uzoho didn't move to a lower league, B4 the World Cup he was in the third division with Deportivo Fabril.After the WC Depor LA Coruna got relegated to the second division but signed another keeper.Uzoho refused to continue keeping in the third division therefore considering a possible loan deal in a division 2 team then he signed for Elche on loan.Elche after the Ist half of the season signed another keeper so his agents had to negotiate with Anorthosis for a possible loan deal.

Uche Agbo wasn't relegated to the bench, he was not fit for those games which is why he was on the bench.During the UEFA Champions league qualifiers he was their best midfielder including the 2-2 draw against Ajax.He did well with Granada when they were in LA liga which is the reason why Rayo Vallecano accepted him on loan.

Moses Simon would have been a starter if not for the injury he had early this season.

Aina ,Omeruo,Tomori and Tammy are Chelsea players playing for lesser clubs.
Onyekuru's agent should have talked to a mid-table Spanish or French team for a possible loan deal but they didn't meaning he wants to remain in his comfort zone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:03am On Feb 08, 2019
Read the reaction of South African fans to the 0-0 Draw they played against our Flying Eagles. grin

http://www.kickoff.com/news/92857/caf-u20-africa-cup-nations-match-report-

(1) (2) (3) ... (5490) (5491) (5492) (5493) (5494) (5495) (5496) ... (16253) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lelion, Hanibal(m), Theben(m), Zonofman(m), solonnachi, Unlimited22 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.