Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,800 members, 7,862,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:57 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5551) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11941816 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5548) (5549) (5550) (5551) (5552) (5553) (5554) ... (16354) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 6:50am On Feb 27, 2019
Oasis007:
grin

Forgiveness..... Of blessed Memory on this wonderful Thread - is a Bigot. So Elections had been peaceful without Casualties in Nigeria?!

Why some of you from the Southern Part were winning the Election for Atiku on Social Media, Northern Part was brazen up. The Results came out and we are shouting Rigging, calling PMB Names.

Did we even bother to compare and contrast the total Number of Votes from SE and SS in 2015 and this Year? Some of you were sitting at Home, following online and expecting Ghosts to vote for Atiku right?!

Next Level.... We are all marching on together!

Could you please clarify? What happened to Forgiveness? Why the of blessed memory? Is he dead?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 6:55am On Feb 27, 2019
Forgiveness... of blessed memory grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 7:44am On Feb 27, 2019
tbaba1234:

Buhari won, no need for all this. Which election in Nigeria has happened without irregularities?? Most of the violence occurred in the south by southerners. The north was quite peaceful.

He definitely got majority of the votes. That is democracy. We can only hope that he does better than his first term.

Sadly typically partisan.

So elections having irregularities should be summarily overlooked. Okay. If it works for typical Nigerians like you. I'm hugely unattached, I was just stating facts.

And the violence,who instigated it? Are you talking to kids?. Jeez bro, you're better than this irrespective of anything. It is well.

Once again,congratulations to Nigerians. It is a victory for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:55am On Feb 27, 2019
kennysville:

Could you please clarify? What happened to Forgiveness? Why the of blessed memory? Is he dead?

God forbid
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:20am On Feb 27, 2019
SlayerForever:

So elections having irregularities should be summarily overlooked. Okay. If it works for typical Nigerians like you. I'm hugely unattached, I was just stating facts.

And the violence,who instigated it? Are you talking to kids?. Jeez bro, you're better than this irrespective of anything. It is well.

I do not care about either party. I did not support either candidate. Their victory or loss does not affect me directly anyway.

Elections in Nigeria have always been like this. Infact, it is better now. Before, votes did not count. Now there is a level of credibility. It is not new and until we improve our system, it won't change. The winners rejoice and the losers cry foul.

At the end of the day, the person with the most votes won.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 8:25am On Feb 27, 2019
tbaba1234:

I do not care about either party. I did not support either candidate. Their victory or loss does not affect me directly anyway.

Elections in Nigeria have always been like this. Infact, it is better now. Before, votes did not count. Now there is a level of credibility. It is not new and until we improve our system, it won't change. The winners rejoice and the losers cry foul.

At the end of the day, the person with the most votes won.

Alright. We'll leave it at that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 8:27am On Feb 27, 2019
Forgiveness come and gloat let this place heat up small.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:29am On Feb 27, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Chelsea have reportedly agreed a permanent deal in the region of £9m with Italian club Torino for versatile Nigeria wing-back Ola Aina, reports Completesports.com.

EXPOSED!! The secret asian tonic that will regrow your hair

Aina, 22, has shone in the Serie A this season for Torino after impressing on loan for Hull City in the English Championship last term.

He joined the Series A side on a one-year loan deal from Chelsea at the start of the current season.

According to a report in British tabloid, The Sun. Torino have agreed a deal to take up their option of buying the defender in the summer.

The Italians are thought to have weighed up an offer in the January transfer window but decided to bide their time.

English Championship club QPR and Dutch side PSV Eindhoven were also linked with Aina over the summer.

Aina has made 22 league appearances for Torino this season with a goal to his name.

This was the first line that caught my attention grin

Abeg make una dey edit before posting. smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:09am On Feb 27, 2019
SlayerForever:
Election Violence. Check.
Gross Irregularities. Check.

Buhari To Win. Double Check.

Congratulations to the Chief Herdsman. Genocidist. Islamist Fundamentalist.
Typically stupid ignorant Nigerians deserve every single minute of groaning and severe pains they get under this man.

Onto the Next Level.
What's done is done. One thing is for certain - no one call tell me Buhari is "Mr Integrity" without me shifting their jaw.
This elections was worse than 2015.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:14am On Feb 27, 2019
Earthquake2:

He said Mikel was not going to play against Seychelles, why?

If there is anybody that is supposed to play against Seychelles it should be Mikel, having so much time outside of the SE team the Seychelles match is the perfect match to integrate with his SE teammates

Having started playing competitive football and excelling Mikel deserves to be invited but no Rohr snubs him, Mikel missing invitation means that Ndidi and Etebo(The most regular starters in midfield will play again) how is that progress, I wonder!

If there are anybody that are supposed to miss the Seychelles match it is Ighalo and having been a long way from competitive football replacements for him should be the first priority but he was not excluded making the Mikel decision very head-scratching

I think Rohr and Mikel are wrestling for control of the SE team

that doesn't mean he didn't like him. In think Rohr wanted to find alternative and see how well we will play without him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 27, 2019
Go on boy.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 9:35am On Feb 27, 2019
edi287:

What's done is done. One thing is for certain - no one call tell me Buhari is "Mr Integrity" without me shifting their jaw.
This elections was worse than 2015.

So you initially agreed he was "Mr Integrity"?!

Wonders cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 9:35am On Feb 27, 2019
kennysville:

Hahahahahaaaaa....why did u overlook "on this thread"?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hoodedjaystrim(m): 9:46am On Feb 27, 2019
Daninya11:
Go on boy.
So does this mean Barca are interested in Iwobi ?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 10:24am On Feb 27, 2019
kennysville:

grin

......... On this Thread!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:35am On Feb 27, 2019
ChrisKels:

@ the bolded, agreed! No wonder u no longer disturb us with these names Josh Onomah, seyi Ojo, Dom Solanke etc. These three have proven to be below average since the bar was raised a little higher. The worst has been ur precious Onomah who has been a bench warmer for lowly Wednesday in the championship. Ojo doesnt even make Reims match day squad no more. About Solanke, ur xcuses before were bench warmers like Origi and Sturridge, buh now in Bournemouth, what have u to say? grin grin

Those who liked your post are the most ignorant of all.

Well, I know your antecedent is to promote your interest hence your biased and lopsided analyses devoid of critical objective and holistical analyses.

Which bar has been raised for Onomah? Is he not still in the same Championship or the same Championship has level within itself?

When he was given the chance to play, did he flop?

Do you mean 3 assists in 12 matches for one who played as a CM is below average?

I believe you where waiting for Ojo to miss match day squad so that you can quickly take a shot at him just as you did against Ademola when he was in Germany.

Ojo didn't make 3 match day squad and this is the fifth time for the whole season.

Why didn't you talk about Samuel Kalu who also missed 3 match day squad consecutively (his 8th of the season) before he played the last game last weak?

Oh, he is a baller as long as he is your interest ba? Smh

Another half baked truth debunked.

You have said another half baked truth about Solanke but I will let his profile tell the true story.

Apparently, those who liked your post did that due to the vendetta they have against Komekn because they were not wise enough to cross check and confirm if what you said were true or false.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:36am On Feb 27, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

......... On this Thread!

Now, I get you. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:46am On Feb 27, 2019
My Analysis of the Chances of African Representatives at the upcoming FIFA U20 World Cup.
England and Brazil are shocking absentees. This is the second consecutive time that an U17 Champion has failed to qualify for the subsequent U20 WC.

GROUP A
Poland
Colombia
Tahiti
Senegal

Based on pedigree Colombia would be favorites in that group. They would prove Senegal's toughest opposition not only because of the confederation they qualified from but also because South American teams have been known to be technically gifted at all levels. And we know in Youth football technical ability of the players plays a major role in their performances. Finally, for Brazil to not to have qualified, respect any team that came out of the South American qualifiers. A draw for Senegal would be a fair result
Poland are hosts and so are expected to capitalize on the home advantage. However, their pedigree at youths level would negate their rating. I expect a Win for Senegal and at worst a draw.
Tahiti, on paper, are the weakest team in this tournament. They have always been known to be points and goals donour to opponents they face in previous competitions they ever participated in. In fact, the fact that Tahiti are in this group, this group more likely than others would produce 3 qualifiers as we know that 3pts with fairly good goals difference will usually be enough to make it as one of the best 3rd placed teams.
Senegal will spell "Tahiti". grin

Verdict: Senegal likely to qualify among the top 2 from this group.

Group D
Qatar
USA
Nigeria
Ukraine

Though based on calculated rating USA were top seed of this group but based on age grade pedigree Nigeria are favorites. At first glance the group may look easy by on a closer look it appears a tricky group.
Qatar, coming from a region where talents are relatively few, may look like the whooping boys of the group. But considering the recent football structure the country has in place courtesy of the Aspire Academy, and their winning of the Asian cup with a very young team, they may just be the Dark horses of this group. I expect a stiff opposition from them against Nigeria but I tip Nigeria to win.
USA are the seeded team mostly due to their continuous participation at this age level and consistent descent showings. They typically do not produce much technically gifted teams but their tactical discipline has always seen them through. I expect a great game between Nigeria and USA. The result can swing either ways.
Ukraine: not much pedigree at this level but for the fact that they qualified from Europe it means they have at least a descent team. Another potential tight game for Nigeria but I tip Nigeria to win this.

Verdict: Nigeria will qualify from that group.

Group E
Panama
Mali
France
Saudi Arabia

France are the top rated team in this group and Mali are second. The group toppers would likely be between Mali and France and the result from the clash between the two teams could prove decisive in determining the group's toper.
Mali are expected to secure wins against Panama and Suadi-Arabia

Verdict: Mali qualifies among the top 2

Group F
Portugal
Korea
Argentina
South Africa

Portugal are the seeded team here and deservedly so. They alongside France and Spain have been able to develop a very functional youth development structure in the recent years. South Africa would be underdogs going into the game against Portugal however, who says SA cannot win? Remember Zambia beat Portugal in their opening game in the 2017 WYC.
Korea, perennial East Asian strong representative. Known for playing tactical football and can hurt any team if they get their tactics right. The game against SA can go either ways
Argentina's performances at Youth level have dwindled since the introduction of the MRI. undecided They are no longer as prolific as they used to be at the U20 level. However, I still expect them to produce at least a descent team. Again, just like against Portugal, SA are the underdogs going into this game.

Verdict: SA are in a very difficult group. They are not likely to finish among the top 2. They are the African team that has the least chance of making it out of the group. They will not qualify from the group. But I wish they can prove me wrong. smiley

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:51am On Feb 27, 2019
ChrisKels:

@ the bolded, agreed! No wonder u no longer disturb us with these names Josh Onomah, seyi Ojo, Dom Solanke etc. These three have proven to be below average since the bar was raised a little higher. The worst has been ur precious Onomah who has been a bench warmer for lowly Wednesday in the championship. Ojo doesnt even make Reims match day squad no more. About Solanke, ur xcuses before were bench warmers like Origi and Sturridge, buh now in Bournemouth, what have u to say? grin grin

Don't know what your point is as it is not related to the context of the post submitted.

But l know say you like emotive arguments so let me indulge you briefly.

You should go back retrace your misguided steps and you will notice l have been very consistent about my views with regards to Solanke.

Ojo doesnt make the match squad so he is not a good player anymore

With regards to Tega Onomah see his Managers comments below

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/02/05/sheffield-wednesday-boss-steve-bruce-praises-josh-onomah/

Although he Tega is currently injured there is still considerable interest in his according to you rubbish talent from the Bundesliga.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8297628/tottenham-transfer-midfielder-josh-onomah-hoffenheim-borussia-monchengladbach/

I noticed you haven't said anything about central defender Dominic Iorfa, why don't you add him to the players you say are all FAILING.

Don't you think you are being overly melodramatic about these matters I do.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:30pm On Feb 27, 2019
Icon4s:

This was the first line that caught my attention grin
Abeg make una dey edit before posting. smiley
Caught your attention
don't tell me, you're balding already.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:45pm On Feb 27, 2019
junnyjake:

Caught your attention

don't tell me, you're balding already.

grin Nops. That word "Exposed!"
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:45pm On Feb 27, 2019
Interesting times ahead for Leicester City with the arrival of Brendan Rodgers who I consider one of the top geniuses of the game. I hope his arrival sparks good trajectory for not just our players but especially Nacho due to the attacking brand of football of Rodgers and the ability to create chances for his forwards due to his passing style.

After Tevez, the striker that really had my attention was a young Suarez and under Rodgers, Suarez got unlocked. He became one of the most lethal finishers of the game.

The next striker who caught my attention after Suarez was Iheanacho. Due to his ability of finding his way around the forward line to finish at a very impressive and lethal rate.

Starting games should not be a priority but soaking in the wisdom of the genius manager who will lead the side.

Nacho should make improving his work rate to an impressive level his priority. There is a level a player achieves in work rate that makes him impossible to drop. Bernardo Silva should be a blueprint.

(Advice, Nacho should employ Nduka Ugbade as his work rate personal trainer. Nduka Ugbade has the key and created a work rate monster in Ndidi.)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hoodedjaystrim(m): 1:00pm On Feb 27, 2019
Icon4s:
My Analysis of the Chances of African Representatives at the upcoming FIFA U20 World Cup.
Permission to share this on Facebook
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 1:01pm On Feb 27, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
Interesting times ahead for Leicester City with the arrival of Brendan Rodgers who I consider one of the top geniuses of the game. I hope his arrival sparks good trajectory for not just our players but especially Nacho due to the attacking brand of football of Rodgers and the ability to create chances for his forwards due to his passing style.

After Tevez, the striker that really had my attention was a young Suarez and under Rodgers, Suarez got unlocked. He became one of the most lethal finishers of the game.

The next striker who caught my attention after Suarez was Iheanacho. Due to his ability of finding his way around the forward line to finish at a very impressive and lethal rate.

Starting games should not be a priority but soaking in the wisdom of the genius manager who will lead the side.

Nacho should make improving his work rate to an impressive level his priority. There is a level a player achieves in work rate that makes him impossible to drop. Bernardo Silva should be a blueprint.

(Advice, Nacho should employ Nduka Ugbade his work rate personal trainer. Nduka Ugbade has the key and created a work rate monster in Ndidi.)

If Roger's first order of business isn't to get rid of him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 1:02pm On Feb 27, 2019
Icon4s:

grin Nops. That word "Exposed!"
LMAO! My eye widened on seeing that part too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 1:20pm On Feb 27, 2019
tbaba1234:

Buhari won, no need for all this. Which election in Nigeria has happened without irregularities?? Most of the violence occurred in the south by southerners. The north was quite peaceful.

He definitely got majority of the votes . That is democracy. We can only hope that he does better than his first term.

I'm sorry to say,but you're very wrong by that statement. Ignore it all you want but deep down you know the truth. And the truth will definitely prevail.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:23pm On Feb 27, 2019
hoodedjaystrim:

Permission to share this on Facebook

go ahead

But please endeavor to state the source.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 1:25pm On Feb 27, 2019
Earthquake2:
I thought people on this thread were intellectual enough not to fall for the next level gimmick

Intellect doesn't go with sports alone. That certain people are knowledgeable about sporting matters doesn't mean they're well equipped intellectually and psychologically to make rational decisions without being biased wink.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 1:27pm On Feb 27, 2019
SlayerForever:

Victory for forward movement or backward movement? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 1:28pm On Feb 27, 2019
COOL10:

Intellect doesn't go with sports alone. That certain people are knowledgeable about sporting matters doesn't mean they're well equipped intellectually and psychologically to make rational decisions without being biased wink.

Wow I thought people in this thread spoke good English and used decent logic

That must be a good parameter to judge that they have considerable Iq cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 1:29pm On Feb 27, 2019
Ndidi is back to his best!!

Tackling, running, intercepting, blocking, the man is back grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 1:29pm On Feb 27, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (5548) (5549) (5550) (5551) (5552) (5553) (5554) ... (16354) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: a4turitoroman, opes, Napoleon55(m), MetalJigsaw(m), Iview1, jihday(m), TheGoodJoe(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.