Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,639 members, 7,847,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 12:01 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5553) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11846869 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5550) (5551) (5552) (5553) (5554) (5555) (5556) ... (16242) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:25pm On Feb 27, 2019
Mickael2:

I really really do not get the relevance of what you just posted. So other coaches do not watch players before they buy them? Then this shows that you have not met a proper scout ever in your life. I know a scout for Rayo and when this guy starts to monitor a particular player, he watches even his games from two-three years ago just to know even the redundant areas of his game that can be refined before he then presents it to the coach and a conclusion will be drawn. Before Origi came to Liverpool which other games had he played that could be watched if not the U15 games? Of course the scout did his work and Rogers was briefed about it, I don't understand how that is an achievement

Origi played U15 games in 2010 and joined Liverpool in 2014. He played for Lille FC before Liverpool. So your two - three years timetable falls outside Origi U15 era.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:29pm On Feb 27, 2019
Pep Guardiola praised Sterling for his ability to play in a different positions already this season, and the youngster says it was Rodgers who first helped him thrive in a number of roles.

“He was massive for me. Every manager that I’ve worked with I’ve tried to learn as much as I can and he (Rodgers) is one that I definitely learnt a lot off. Credit to him he was a fantastic guy.

“Playing me in different positions, making me understand the roles and maturing in certain systems… he gave me a lot of confidence as well.

https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4071/premier-league/2016/09/25/27882612/sterling-reveals-how-rodgers-advice-helped-impress-guardiola
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 6:42pm On Feb 27, 2019
Sincere Seth balling for Yeni in Turkish Cup against Gotzepe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 6:46pm On Feb 27, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Origi played U15 games in 2010 and joined Liverpool in 2014. He played for Lille FC before Liverpool. So your two - three years timetable falls outside Origi U15 era.

Original was playing U15 football till 2012 when he then got promoted to Lille's U19 side and then the U23 side, that's the team B. Get your facts straight.

Meanwhile even at that, so it is not 2-3 years but 4 years, so that's a year difference, I am not a scout and that was the range I gave you,I can assure you that real scouts to way beyond that so nothing has changed when the difference is just one year. Besides you start monitoring a player before you buy him, nothing is there to show us that Liverpool didn't start monitoring him in 2013 or even before that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 6:49pm On Feb 27, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Do you think if it was ordinary to study a player up to his under 15 games, Origi would have found it impressive? That was one of the reasons Origi chose Liverpool over Bayern Munich, yet you want to make it look like it is an every day thing.

It is an every day thing, it is factually the life of an agent. Do you think he would have had any chance at Bayern? Forget the rubbish he said, dude was never going to cut it at Bayern I mean how many youth players used to make the Bayern team in 2014? Compare that to Liverpool and see why he chose them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 6:51pm On Feb 27, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
Pep Guardiola praised Sterling for his ability to play in a different positions already this season, and the youngster says it was Rodgers who first helped him thrive in a number of roles.

“He was massive for me. Every manager that I’ve worked with I’ve tried to learn as much as I can and he (Rodgers) is one that I definitely learnt a lot off. Credit to him he was a fantastic guy.

“Playing me in different positions, making me understand the roles and maturing in certain systems… he gave me a lot of confidence as well.

https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4071/premier-league/2016/09/25/27882612/sterling-reveals-how-rodgers-advice-helped-impress-guardiola

Every single coach has at least 100-300 players saying the same thing about them. Even Boboye has players, many of them saying the same thing about him, how he made them understand football, just like you, was it not Coach Monday Sinclair that you learnt from? Forget it, people must praise people, should I list people that said Rogers never talked to them? Like Efe Ambrose? Markovic after that his red card?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mhoyorsawreh1(f): 6:57pm On Feb 27, 2019
FT at AEK Arena: Nigeria 1-4
Austria: 10-woman @NGSuper_Falcons opened their debut @cypruswomenscup campaign on a losing note. No hope
lost yet, we will fight to bounce back
against Slovakia on Friday.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mhoyorsawreh1(f): 6:58pm On Feb 27, 2019
Oshoala was just missing chances. She needs to work on her finishing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 7:12pm On Feb 27, 2019
Sadiq Umar scores for Peruggia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:16pm On Feb 27, 2019
gamaliel9:
Sadiq Umar scores for Peruggia

That is his first goal, right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 7:24pm On Feb 27, 2019
I am not sure..however he has been falling as usual grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:36pm On Feb 27, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

If you do not take Pele serious on Brendan Rodgers role in making Suarez a better player, take it from Suarez himself.

"Such a big part of my education is down to him and his management," he is quoted as saying by talkSPORT. "Of course he works to make the team stronger but he really works on a one-to-one level with the players.

"He will sit down with each player at the club, and work on where you can improve, where you can exploit opposition, he leaves nothing to chance. He is a very intelligent man. If the players at his next club listen to his words, they will become better players for sure."

The bolded highlights my expectation for Nacho and Ndidi. They need to pay attention and listen to the coaching genius.

Brendan is not a genius

Take it or leave it

Suarez was a goal monster before Rodgers came in

I will not use what you said about Rodgers as hope for my nacho

I just pray nacho get back to his best.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:46pm On Feb 27, 2019
andrew444:

Brendan is not a genius

Take it or leave it

You and take it or leave it. cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:49pm On Feb 27, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I have always been an advocate for the style of play making a big impact of the quality of players. Brendan Rodgers will bring the flair to Leicester City and with the likes of Ndidi and Nacho working hard daily to adopt and imbibe the system, I see them improving.

Brendan Rodgers is a tactical genius. Having a poor management record does not make him less of a genius.

I swear to God, you are the first person I know to call Brendan Rodgers a genius grin .
I'm not so surprised cus he plays attacking football..
like I said early,his player management skill is damn poor.. What kind of "genius" can't find a good replacement for his best player Suarez who left?
Do you know how many talented players he had at his disposal at Liverpool that he couldn't manage? Nuri Sahin..Suso..Origi(thanks to Klopp,his career would have died), Lallana,Iago Aspas,Luis Alberto,etc,etc....

Its best you relax bro
Just hope that Rodgers would be fair enough to give Nacho another chance and Nacho himself would make good use of it,cus trust me,Brendan Rodgers isn't the type of manager that has the patience to develop players like the real genius (Klopp,Pep,Poch,Ferguson, Simeone ,etc)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:50pm On Feb 27, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

You and take it or leave it. cheesy

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:51pm On Feb 27, 2019
Danielnino00:

I swear to God, you are the first person I know to call Brendan Rodgers a genius grin .
like I said early,his player management skill is damn poor.. What kind of "genius" can't find a good replacement for his best player Suarez who left?
Do you know how many talented players he had at his disposal at Liverpool that he couldn't manage? Nuri Sahin..Suso..Origi(thanks to Klopp,his career would have died), Lallana,Iago Aspas,Luis Alberto,etc,etc....

Its best you relax bro
Just hope that Rodgers would be fair enough to give Nacho another chance and Nacho himself would make good use of it,cus trust me,Brendan Rodgers isn't the type of manager that has the patience to develop players like the real genius (Klopp,Pep,Poch,Ferguson, Simeone ,etc)

The genius didnt give this ones chances Iago Aspas,Luis Alberto who are better winger and striker

He prefers Ricky Lambert

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:56pm On Feb 27, 2019
andrew444:

Brendan is not a genius

Take it or leave it

Regardless of what the goodJoe thinks of Rodgers, the onus is now on Iheanacho to prove himself again..
I never bought the excuse of Peul style of play being responsible for Iheanacho's form..

Thankfully, theGoodJoe has openly confessed his admiration for Rodgers, so I subsequent weeks,we will know what's up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:03pm On Feb 27, 2019
andrew444:

The genius didnt give this ones chances Iago Aspas,Luis Alberto who are better winger and striker

He prefers Ricky Lambert

Aspas left Liverpool the season Lambert was signed.. The main reason Rodgers even signed Lambert in the first place was to help out with Lallana transfer.. Funny enough, Lallana never showed his full potentials under Rodgers..
The genius later signed Mario Balotelli as another replacement for Suarez grin

I'm seriously still at lost as to how he is a genius...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:04pm On Feb 27, 2019
Mhoyorsawreh1:
FT at AEK Arena: Nigeria 1-4
Austria: 10-woman @NGSuper_Falcons opened their debut @cypruswomenscup campaign on a losing note. No hope
lost yet, we will fight to bounce back
against Slovakia on Friday.

I'm beginning to hate the narrative the Super Falcons are now used to giving we fans at any tourney they go to.

It's very annoying that these ladies now have a bad run of always losing the first game of any tourney, and then go on to do better, which is now seeming more like an attitude that can't be dropped. What's all that? When last did they win an opening game?

I can bet my asss these ladies would do same for their first group game at the World Cup.

Something needs to be doing to ensure this stops immediately. It's disheartening!!! undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:04pm On Feb 27, 2019
Danielnino00:

Its best you relax bro

'What I would say about him (Brendan Rodgers) is that he's a genius,' said Efe Ambrose. 'That's the only word I can use to describe him.

'Why? Because he knows the game. He really knows football. You can see what he's done at Celtic. He has transformed the boys.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4276874/amp/Celtic-boss-Brendan-Rodgers-genius-says-Efe-Ambrose.html

Thanks Efe Ambrose, I couldn't have said it better myself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:13pm On Feb 27, 2019
Danielnino00:

Its best you relax bro

I have said this before and I will say it again. I am not as much interested in Rodgers giving Nacho playing time as I am interested in Nacho training hard and learning from the tactical genius.

Nacho's focus should be on learning from Brendan Rodgers and tapping his wonderful tactical mind. Thus improving as a player. Same goes to Ndidi.

“I demand all players train like they play. I always say to the players here when they sign a contract, you’re signing a training contract. I’ll decide whether you play or not.

“The money is in your bank every month but you’re to work and get better.”... Brendan Rodgers.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:13pm On Feb 27, 2019
Danielnino00:

Aspas left Liverpool the season Lambert was signed.. The main reason Rodgers even signed Lambert in the first place was to help out with Lallana transfer.. Funny enough, Lallana never showed his full potentials under Rodgers..
The genius later signed Mario Balotelli as another replacement for Suarez grin

I'm seriously still at lost as to how he is a genius...

Lol

You have thegoodjoe to argue with, as for me i give up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 8:14pm On Feb 27, 2019
Injured Iwobi makes the Arsenal bench

Ironman!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:14pm On Feb 27, 2019
Danielnino00:

Regardless of what the goodJoe thinks of Rodgers, the onus is now on Iheanacho to prove himself again..
I never bought the excuse of Peul style of play being responsible for Iheanacho's form..

Thankfully, theGoodJoe has openly confessed his admiration for Rodgers, so I subsequent weeks,we will know what's up

Wishing nacho the best

Lol but i cant wait for then

Fingers crossed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:35pm On Feb 27, 2019
Sadiq with an Aiyegbeni misss....he back heeled with an open net right there before him grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:53pm On Feb 27, 2019
Aleszandro Nesta...coach of Peruggia wins at Venezia 3-2 with Sadiq Umar opening scores for Peruggia. He lasted the duration...the other Nigerian at Peruggia sat out the game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 9:15pm On Feb 27, 2019
I hope Iwobo is not in trouble and his position threatened when he returns?

Mesut Ozil just scored twice in 27 mins. shocked shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:18pm On Feb 27, 2019
klexycole:
I hope Iwobo is not in trouble and his position threatened when he returns?

Mesut Ozil just scored twice in 27 mins. shocked shocked

No pressure there mate... Ozil might even return to the bench for the next game.

Iwobi has been one of Arsenal key players this season and I don't see anything changing...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:19pm On Feb 27, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I doubt. Rodgers already said the potential of the team is one of the reasons he took the job. There is a very huge potential in Nacho and I doubt getting rid of such potential suits his narrative.

Let's watch and see.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 9:21pm On Feb 27, 2019
Danielnino00:

No pressure there mate... Ozil might even return to the bench for the next game.

Iwobi has been one of Arsenal key players this season and I don't see anything changing...

I hope so.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:22pm On Feb 27, 2019
wai "next level" mu ka shiga kenan ko? duk da wahala da muke sha a shekaru hudu da ya wuce? Allah ya tamaika.

Walahi za a yi da mun kowai.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:15pm On Feb 27, 2019
junnyjake:
wai "next level" mu ka shiga kenan ko? duk da wahala da muke sha a shekaru hudu da ya wuce? Allah ya tamaika.

Walahi za a yi da mun kowai.

cheiiii oga sorry for me nah,
nah yesterday ah finish primary y school ooo grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5550) (5551) (5552) (5553) (5554) (5555) (5556) ... (16242) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jihday(m), TradingGod and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.