Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,616 members, 7,847,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:39 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11846258 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5549) (5550) (5551) (5552) (5553) (5554) (5555) ... (16242) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 1:32pm On Feb 27, 2019
Earthquake2:

Wow I thought people in this thread spoke good English and used decent logic

That must be a good parameter to judge that they have considerable Iq :'
(

Nope. Never was,never will be smiley. Sorry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:36pm On Feb 27, 2019
junnyjake:

LMAO! My eye widened on seeing that part too.

You see? No be only me grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:45pm On Feb 27, 2019
junnyjake:

If Roger's first order of business isn't to get rid of him.

I doubt. Rodgers already said the potential of the team is one of the reasons he took the job. There is a very huge potential in Nacho and I doubt getting rid of such potential suits his narrative.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 2:00pm On Feb 27, 2019
COOL10:

Victory for forward movement or backward movement? grin

My brother all na perspective. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:02pm On Feb 27, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
Interesting times ahead for Leicester City with the arrival of Brendan Rodgers who I consider one of the top geniuses of the game. I hope his arrival sparks good trajectory for not just our players but especially Nacho due to the attacking brand of football of Rodgers and the ability to create chances for his forwards due to his passing style.

After Tevez, the striker that really had my attention was a young Suarez and under Rodgers, Suarez got unlocked. He became one of the most lethal finishers of the game.

The next striker who caught my attention after Suarez was Iheanacho. Due to his ability of finding his way around the forward line to finish at a very impressive and lethal rate.

Starting games should not be a priority but soaking in the wisdom of the genius manager who will lead the side.

Nacho should make improving his work rate to an impressive level his priority. There is a level a player achieves in work rate that makes him impossible to drop. Bernardo Silva should be a blueprint.

(Advice, Nacho should employ Nduka Ugbade his work rate personal trainer. Nduka Ugbade has the key and created a work rate monster in Ndidi.)

First of all,you should be hoping that Iheanacho's form won't discourage Rodgers from giving him game time and eventually discarding him.

Secondly I'm at lost as to what you meant by "Brendan Rodgers is a genius" cus its far from the truth.. Rodgers may play a brand of attacking football that you like but his players management skills are poor,at best average.. While he was at Liverpool he signed many players he couldn't manage.. he couldn't even get a better replacement for Suarez than Balotelli and Lambert..

Rodgers will certainly improve Leicester style of play,but don't expect him to improve Nacho and Ndidi overall performance...

#my 2 cent

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 2:03pm On Feb 27, 2019
Earthquake2:

Wow I thought people in this thread spoke good English and used decent logic

That must be a good parameter to judge that they have considerable Iq cry

This guy sef grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:04pm On Feb 27, 2019
Rodgers is a fantastic replacement for leicester. hoping he can pull KC out of his rot and improve Ndidi's all round play.

TheGoodJoe:

I doubt. Rodgers already said the potential of the team is one of the reasons he took the job. There is a very huge potential in Nacho and I doubt getting rid of such potential suits his narrative.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:11pm On Feb 27, 2019
Rodgers is good but genius is stretching it abit. This leicester job will be Brendan's greatest challenge he won't have the luxury he enjoyed at liverpool (extremely talented group of players) and celtic (best team in scotland) his style of coaching is still very different from what the core of leicester city players are used to. if they can't cope expect alot of new faces in the summer

TheGoodJoe:
Interesting times ahead for Leicester City with the arrival of Brendan Rodgers who I consider one of the top geniuses of the game. I hope his arrival sparks good trajectory for not just our players but especially Nacho due to the attacking brand of football of Rodgers and the ability to create chances for his forwards due to his passing style.

After Tevez, the striker that really had my attention was a young Suarez and under Rodgers, Suarez got unlocked. He became one of the most lethal finishers of the game.

The next striker who caught my attention after Suarez was Iheanacho. Due to his ability of finding his way around the forward line to finish at a very impressive and lethal rate.

Starting games should not be a priority but soaking in the wisdom of the genius manager who will lead the side.

Nacho should make improving his work rate to an impressive level his priority. There is a level a player achieves in work rate that makes him impossible to drop. Bernardo Silva should be a blueprint.

(Advice, Nacho should employ Nduka Ugbade his work rate personal trainer. Nduka Ugbade has the key and created a work rate monster in Ndidi.)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:23pm On Feb 27, 2019
chrisooblog:
Rodgers is good but genius is stretching it abit. This leicester job will be Brendan's greatest challenge he won't have the luxury he enjoyed at liverpool (extremely talented group of players) and celtic (best team in scotland) his style of coaching is still very different from what the core of leicester city players are used to. if they can't cope expect alot of new faces in the summer

Rodgers is a genius. Witb breath taking ideas and a deep understanding of the game. I have talked a lot about him and feel he is genuinely underrated.

He had a talented group of players at Liverpool but had a lot of work in making them click. A lot of people make that mistake. Having a good group of players is not a guarantee of good results but getting the best of them.

Leicester City is not a club that will go out splashing cash for quality players in every position. So Rodgers has a lot of work in getting the best from what he has.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 2:24pm On Feb 27, 2019
SlayerForever:

My brother all na perspective. grin

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:25pm On Feb 27, 2019
chrisooblog:
Rodgers is a fantastic replacement for leicester. hoping he can pull KC out of his rot and improve Ndidi's all round play.

He definitely has a lot of work in his hands to get the players firing on all cylinders. The potential is there for good results. Rodgers coming in makes the EPL more interesting.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:28pm On Feb 27, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Truly interesting times ahead.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:29pm On Feb 27, 2019
Danielnino00:

First of all,you should be hoping that Iheanacho's form won't discourage Rodgers from giving him game time and eventually discarding him.

Secondly I'm at lost as to what you meant by "Brendan Rodgers is a genius" cus its far from the truth.. Rodgers may play a brand of attacking football that you like but his players management skills are poor,at best average.. While he was at Liverpool he signed many players he couldn't manage.. he couldn't even get a better replacement for Suarez than Balotelli and Lambert..

Rodgers will certainly improve Leicester style of play,but don't expect him to improve Nacho and Ndidi overall performance...

#my 2 cent

I have always been an advocate for the style of play making a big impact on the quality of players. Brendan Rodgers will bring the flair to Leicester City and with the likes of Ndidi and Nacho working hard daily to adopt and imbibe the system, I see them improving.

Brendan Rodgers is a tactical genius. Having a poor management record does not make him less of a genius.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:27pm On Feb 27, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I have always been an advocate for the style of play making a big impact of the quality of players. Brendan Rodgers will bring the flair to Leicester City and with the likes of Ndidi and Nacho working hard daily to adopt and imbibe the system, I see them improving.

Brendan Rodgers is a tactical genius. Having a poor management record does not make him less of a genius.

I just hope Rodgers' tactics favors Iheanacho o. Else I no know wetin u go use as defense again o.

Cos I know some people here would be eagerly watching and waiting. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:46pm On Feb 27, 2019
Icon4s:

I just hope Rodgers' tactics favors Iheanacho o. Else I no know wetin u go use as defense again o.

Cos I know some people here would be eagerly watching and waiting. grin

TheGoodJoe go here am from Rodgers first game grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:54pm On Feb 27, 2019
COOL10:
I'm sorry to say,but you're very wrong by that statement. Ignore it all you want but deep down you know the truth. And the truth will definitely prevail.

There is no different truth in me, "deep down".
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:01pm On Feb 27, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
Interesting times ahead for Leicester City with the arrival of Brendan Rodgers who I consider one of the[b] top geniuses of the game[/b]. I hope his arrival sparks good trajectory for not just our players but especially Nacho due to the attacking brand of football of Rodgers and the ability to create chances for his forwards due to his passing style.

Are you kidding me sir at the bolded so brendan rodgers is one of the top geniuses of the game? tell me something i dont know

I hope iheanacho improves

Suarez was worldclass before brendan rodgers okay rodgers or no rodgers suarez was likely to tear the epl apart
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:04pm On Feb 27, 2019
Earthquake2:
Ndidi is back to his best!!

Tackling, running, intercepting, blocking, the man is back grin

Yesterday game right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 4:06pm On Feb 27, 2019
andrew444:

Yesterday game right?

Ya the guy was awesome

He was like 'leave the defending to me and go and attack'
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:09pm On Feb 27, 2019
Earthquake2:

Ya the guy was awesome

He was like 'leave the defending to me and go and attack'

I didnt watch the game

I am happy about this

I repeat nobody will bench winfred
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:27pm On Feb 27, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:29pm On Feb 27, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Rodgers is a genius. Witb breath taking ideas and a deep understanding of the game. I have talked a lot about him and feel he is genuinely underrated.

He had a talented group of players at Liverpool but had a lot of work in making them click. A lot of people make that mistake. Having a good group of players is not a guarantee of good results but getting the best of them.

Leicester City is not a club that will go out splashing cash for quality players in every position. So Rodgers has a lot of work in getting the best from what he has.

So that was why he got embarrassed out of the champions league immediately Suarez left? Dude, Rogers is at best a tad above average, at best oh. Rafa Benitez for example is twice the coach Rogers will ever be. Forget long talk

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:36pm On Feb 27, 2019
andrew444:

Are you kidding me sir at the bolded so brendan rodgers is one of the top geniuses of the game? tell me something i dont know

I hope iheanacho improves

Suarez was worldclass before brendan rodgers okay rodgers or no rodgers suarez was likely to tear the epl apart

You are free to argue with Pele.

PELE CREDITS BRENDAN RODGERS FOR SUAREZ'S IMPROVEMENT

But who does Pele, the man regarded by many as the greatest footballer of all time, believe is the individual responsible for Suarez’s improvement?

It might come as a surprise to some that Pele has highlighted Brendan Rodgers for not only turning Suarez into a brilliant player but also an improved human being. Okay…

“I think Celtic are very lucky to have a manager with the qualities of Brendan,” Pele is quoted as saying by The Sun.

“Luis Suarez was a really good player when he went to Liverpool but I believe Brendan gave him great coaching, guidance and advice and made him a better player and a better person.

“Suarez was prepared well for his move from Liverpool to Barcelona after working under Brendan. Celtic have a good reputation around the world — and have a good manager.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.givemesport.com/863923-pele-names-the-man-at-liverpool-who-made-luis-suarez-brilliant%3famp

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:42pm On Feb 27, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

You are free to argue with Pele.

PELE CREDITS BRENDAN RODGERS FOR SUAREZ'S IMPROVEMENT

But who does Pele, the man regarded by many as the greatest footballer of all time, believe is the individual responsible for Suarez’s improvement?

It might come as a surprise to some that Pele has highlighted Brendan Rodgers for not only turning Suarez into a brilliant player but also an improved human being. Okay…

“I think Celtic are very lucky to have a manager with the qualities of Brendan,” Pele is quoted as saying by The Sun.

“Luis Suarez was a really good player when he went to Liverpool but I believe Brendan gave him great coaching, guidance and advice and made him a better player and a better person.

“Suarez was prepared well for his move from Liverpool to Barcelona after working under Brendan. Celtic have a good reputation around the world — and have a good manager.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.givemesport.com/863923-pele-names-the-man-at-liverpool-who-made-luis-suarez-brilliant%3famp

Who takes pele serious ?

The one that ones said Neymar is better than Messi ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:47pm On Feb 27, 2019
Mickael2:

So that was why he got embarrassed out of the champions league immediately Suarez left? Dude, Rogers is at best a tad above average, at best oh. Rafa Benitez for example is twice the coach Rogers will ever be. Forget long talk

“There were offers from everywhere. Bayern were interested, all these clubs. But I came to Liverpool, I saw the facilities, I took some time out of my vacation to visit Melwood and speak with Brendan Rodgers,” Divock Origi said before signing for Liverpool.

“When I came in, everyone knew my name, they knew who I was and they were looking at a video of me even from the under-15s. They knew about my qualities and when I saw the values of the club – passing, pressing, fast players – I was like, ‘This is the place I want to go.'”

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/12/12/divock-origis-comments-about-brendan-rodgers-man-management-styl/

Only a genius can pay so much attention to details like Rodgers. His tactical understanding of tactics, movement and training is way above most top quality coaches. He is actually my second best coach after Guardiola.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:53pm On Feb 27, 2019
andrew444:

Who takes pele serious ?

The one that ones said Neymar is better than Messi ?

If you do not take Pele serious on Brendan Rodgers role in making Suarez a better player, take it from Suarez himself.

"Such a big part of my education is down to him (Rodgers) and his management," he is quoted as saying by talkSPORT. "Of course he works to make the team stronger but he really works on a one-to-one level with the players.

"He will sit down with each player at the club, and work on where you can improve, where you can exploit opposition, he leaves nothing to chance. He is a very intelligent man. If the players at his next club listen to his words, they will become better players for sure."

The bolded highlights my expectation for Nacho and Ndidi. They need to pay attention and listen to the coaching genius.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:53pm On Feb 27, 2019
forgiveness:

Those who liked your post are the most ignorant of all.

Well, I know your antecedent is to promote your interest hence your biased and lopsided analyses devoid of critical objective and holistical analyses.

Which bar has been raised for Onomah? Is he not still in the same Championship or the same Championship has level within itself?

When he was given the chance to play, did he flop?

Do you mean 3 assists in 12 matches for one who played as a CM is below average?

I believe you where waiting for Ojo to miss match day squad so that you can quickly take a shot at him just as you did against Ademola when he was in Germany.

Ojo didn't make 3 match day squad and this is the fifth time for the whole season.

Why didn't you talk about Samuel Kalu who also missed 3 match day squad consecutively (his 8th of the season) before he played the last game last weak?

Oh, he is a baller as long as he is your interest ba? Smh

Another half baked truth debunked.

You have said another half baked truth about Solanke but I will let his profile tell the true story.

Apparently, those who liked your post did that due to the vendetta they have against Komekn because they were not wise enough to cross check and confirm if what you said were true or false.

Bravo !!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:55pm On Feb 27, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

With respect and without prejudice l think you are being OVERLY OPTIMISTIC.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:57pm On Feb 27, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

“There were offers from everywhere. Bayern were interested, all these clubs. But I came to Liverpool, I saw the facilities, I took some time out of my vacation to visit Melwood and speak with Brendan Rodgers,” Divock Origi said before signing for Liverpool.

“When I came in, everyone knew my name, they knew who I was and they were looking at a video of me even from the under-15s. They knew about my qualities and when I saw the values of the club – passing, pressing, fast players – I was like, ‘This is the place I want to go.'”

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/12/12/divock-origis-comments-about-brendan-rodgers-man-management-styl/

Only a genius can pay so much attention to details like Rodgers. His tactical understanding of tactics, movement and training is way above most top quality coaches. He is actually my second best coach after Guardiola.

I really really do not get the relevance of what you just posted. So other coaches do not watch players before they buy them? Then this shows that you have not met a proper scout ever in your life. I know a scout for Rayo and when this guy starts to monitor a particular player, he watches even his games from two-three years ago just to know even the redundant areas of his game that can be refined before he then presents it to the coach and a conclusion will be drawn. Before Origi came to Liverpool which other games had he played that could be watched if not the U15 games? Of course the scout did his work and Rogers was briefed about it, I don't understand how that is an achievement
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:58pm On Feb 27, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

If you do not take Pele serious on Brendan Rodgers role in making Suarez a better player, take it from Suarez himself.

"Such a big part of my education is down to him and his management," he is quoted as saying by talkSPORT. "Of course he works to make the team stronger but he really works on a one-to-one level with the players.

"He will sit down with each player at the club, and work on where you can improve, where you can exploit opposition, he leaves nothing to chance. He is a very intelligent man. If the players at his next club listen to his words, they will become better players for sure."

The bolded highlights my expectation for Nacho and Ndidi. They need to pay attention and listen to the coaching genius.

For goodness sake every single coach does that, what is the achievement there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:08pm On Feb 27, 2019
komekn:

With respect and without prejudice l think you are being OVERLY OPTIMISTIC.

I hope our players listen and learn. It is not about playing regularly and making name. But, improving as individuals. As Suarez said if the players listen to Rodgers, they will improve. That is all I want. I want our players improving. Having deep understanding of the game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:12pm On Feb 27, 2019
Mickael2:

I really really do not get the relevance of what you just posted. So other coaches do not watch players before they buy them? Then this shows that you have not met a proper scout ever in your life. I know a scout for Rayo and when this guy starts to monitor a particular player, he watches even his games from two-three years ago just to know even the redundant areas of his game that can be refined before he then presents it to the coach and a conclusion will be drawn. Before Origi came to Liverpool which other games had he played that could be watched if not the U15 games? Of course the scout did his work and Rogers was briefed about it, I don't understand how that is an achievement

Do you think if it was ordinary to study a player up to his under 15 games, Origi would have found it impressive? That was one of the reasons Origi chose Liverpool over Bayern Munich, yet you want to make it look like it is an every day thing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5549) (5550) (5551) (5552) (5553) (5554) (5555) ... (16242) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: victornoah(m), ddone, solonnachi, mowah, do4luv14(m), Napoleon55(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.