Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5608) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11652975 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5605) (5606) (5607) (5608) (5609) (5610) (5611) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:44pm On Mar 14, 2019
do4luv14:

ETEBO ke? Wetin go come hapun to onazi wey oga Rohr dey find person for him position, ehn oya Andrew
Lol

Shebi na etebo and ndidi be with 2 midfield before Iwobi ahead ?

Onazi is injured sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:53pm On Mar 14, 2019
Pls guy when is camp for the Seychelles game and friendly opening
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:56pm On Mar 14, 2019
andrew444:

Lol

Shebi na etebo and ndidi be with 2 midfield before Iwobi ahead ?

Onazi is injured sha

you forgot, if onazi is/was fit, he is the one pairing NDIDI, while Mikel sit in the middle,
reason why Rohr had been playing IWOBI as a winger
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:58pm On Mar 14, 2019
do4luv14:

you forgot, if onazi is/was fit, he is the one pairing NDIDI, while Mikel sit in the middle,
reason why Rohr had been playing IWOBI as a winger

Okay but hope say you know say onazi no play any minute for World Cup and he was fit ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:00pm On Mar 14, 2019
Leicester manager Rodgers: Iheanacho needs to enjoy football again

Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers wants to get Kelechi Iheanacho enjoying his football again.

The £25million signing has not found the net for almost six months.

"I think it's about improving every player, I've always seen that as my job," said Rodgers.

"It's been hard for Kel because he's come in and he's been a secondary striker at Manchester City. All of a sudden he makes a move for big money and I think everyone can see the potential.

"But he's come in to one of the top strikers in the league (Jamie Vardy) and I think it's very hard to displace that.

"But it's just a case of adapting to these new players.

"Actually my job is not to put them in a trap of pressure, and take that away from them. Enjoy your football, but ultimately your first job is to press and work hard. From that what can you add into your game?"

Read more at https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/leicester-manager-rodgers-iheanacho-needs-to-enjoy-football-again-4272682#qMmxgXYxEoeJ5PpL.99

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 1:16pm On Mar 14, 2019
do4luv14:
Pls guy when is camp for the Seychelles game and friendly opening
Likely Monday with Tuesday as deadline
The game is on Friday 22nd March
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 14, 2019
tbaba1234:

Should be called up to the under 23.
Thanks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:13pm On Mar 14, 2019
Good assessment by Brendan Rogers; however, I really don't trust him one bit either. This man nearly destroyed Victor Moses' career. Anyway, I would like for him to prove me wrong this time sha.

O pari

andrew444:

Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers wants to get Kelechi Iheanacho enjoying his football again.

"I think it's about improving every player, I've always seen that as my job," said Rodgers.

"It's been hard for Kel because he's come in and he's been a secondary striker at Manchester City. All of a sudden he makes a move for big money and I think everyone can see the potential.

"But he's come in to one of the top strikers in the league (Jamie Vardy) and I think it's very hard to displace that.

"Actually my job is not to put them in a trap of pressure, and take that away from them. Enjoy your football, but ultimately your first job is to press and work hard. From that what can you add into your game?"

Read more at https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/leicester-manager-rodgers-iheanacho-needs-to-enjoy-football-again-4272682#qMmxgXYxEoeJ5PpL.99
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:16pm On Mar 14, 2019
Sadio Mane has been the best African player for the past 3 years. It's just the goal hype that gave APOY to Salah these past two years.

Apples to apples, Mane is a better all round player, but some folks just can't see beyond goal scoring when it comes to assessing players (reminds me of one Cristiano Ronaldo). And I had made that argument several times on this forum as well.

O pari

andrew444:

Mane will win it .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 14, 2019
andrew444:

Great.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:20pm On Mar 14, 2019
Huh

O pari

andrew444:

Barca have been eliminated from the champions league angry

See 2 English team will meet them selves

And one English team will meat juventus

That's what I pray for angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:29pm On Mar 14, 2019
Wow. Juve is the best team right now because they scored 3 against an Atleti team that simply didn't show up? The same Juve team that lost to Manchester United at home and lost 2-0 to Atleti in the first leg??

Some of the things you'd only hear on NL forum!

O pari

andrew444:

Agreed somehow as a Barca fan I want to win the champions league ,but juventus is the best team right now .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rainbow333(m): 2:46pm On Mar 14, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:49pm On Mar 14, 2019
Icon79:
Wow. Juve is the best team right now because they scored 3 against an Atleti team that simply didn't show up? The same Juve team that lost to Manchester United at home and lost 2-0 to Atleti in the first leg??

O pari

My Barcelona might even beat juventus ,them and Liverpool and my threat as a Barca fan ,you suppose understand me

Juventus loosing to Manchester United in the group stage is useless bro ,abi them still qualify ? Juventus still top the group

This same juventus was cheated out of the champions league last season by Madrid ,so you see why I call them favorite ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:51pm On Mar 14, 2019
Icon79:
Huh

O pari

Lol

I am being sarcastic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:52pm On Mar 14, 2019
Icon79:
Sadio Mane has been the best African player for the past 3 years. It's just the goal hype that game APOY to Salah these past two years.

Apples to apples, Mane is a better all round player, but some folks just can't see beyond goal scoring when it comes to assessing players (reminds me of one Cristiano Ronaldo). And I had made that argument several times on this forum as well.

O pari

Agreed with everything you said there

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:52pm On Mar 14, 2019
Icon79:
Good assessment by Brendan Rogers; however, I really don't trust him one bit either. This man nearly destroyed Victor Moses' career. Anyway, I would like for him to prove me wrong this time sha.

O pari

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:05pm On Mar 14, 2019
True, Juve is definitely a strong contender but I just don't want folks to get carried away by the Tuesday's result. Diego Simeon just got the tactics totally wrong on Tuesday. Check my twitter posts on that day, 5 mins into the game, I predicted that Juve is going to qualify after all. The Atleti team I saw on that day did not play like the Atleti we all know and love. They were playing with fear, making careless errors ... and it looks like if the game plan was for them to defend for 90 mins.

It was a totally wrong game plan by Atleti's technical crew. And if the game plan was to defend, why did they start both Griezemann and Morata? Morata should've started on the bench if you want to defend because he offers nothing defensively. All in all, the correct game plan would've been to take the game to Juve in the first 60 mins ... try to get a goal which would've changed the complexion of the game completely. Just look at the way Liverpool went after Bayern yesterday!

O pari

andrew444:

My Barcelona might even beat juventus ,them and Liverpool and my threat as a Barca fan ,you suppose understand me

Juventus loosing to Manchester United in the group stage is useless bro ,abi them still qualify ? Juventus still top the group

This same juventus was cheated out of the champions league last season by Madrid ,so you see why I call them favorite ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:09pm On Mar 14, 2019
“We are still having problems with age restrictions.

[b]“That has caused us to keep changing the team. A lot of players have age discrepancies.
“When you try to reconcile their age with what is on the passport, there is no uniformity in data.

“We have to look at players that came through the ranks to see how to put a team together.
“By the time the whole players from abroad arrive, we will have a clearer picture of our squad and, in the end, we should be able to put together a solid team.”[/b]

-Imama

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:11pm On Mar 14, 2019
Imama is complaining about finding players without discrepancies in their ages and having to depend on foreign based for the under 23.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:14pm On Mar 14, 2019
Icon79:
True, Juve is definitely a strong contender but I just don't want folks to get carried away by the Tuesday's result. Diego Simeon just got the tactics totally wrong on Tuesday. Check my twitter posts on that day, 5 mins into the game, I predicted that Juve is going to qualify after all. The Atleti team I saw on that day did not play like the Atleti we all know and love. They were playing with fear, making careless errors ... and it looks like if the game plan was for them to defend for 90 mins.

It was a totally wrong game plan by Atleti's technical crew. And if the game plan was to defend, why did they start both Griezemann and Morata? Morata should've started on the bench if you want to defend because he offers nothing defensively. All in all, the correct game plan would've been to take the game to Juve in the first 60 mins ... try to get a goal which would've changed the complexion of the game completely. Just look at the way Liverpool went after Bayern yesterday!

O pari

Now you are talking

Agreed with everything you said there

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2019
tbaba1234:
Imama is complaining about finding players without discrepancies in their ages and having to depend on foreign based for the under 23.

For me, foreign based is the way to go. These guys in our league are just going thru the motions. Any offer from their agent and they zoom off. Our best home based players are in the academies. Imama should focus on the foreign based boys when they are available.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 14, 2019
tbaba1234:
“We are still having problems with age restrictions.

[b]“That has caused us to keep changing the team. A lot of players have age discrepancies.
“When you try to reconcile their age with what is on the passport, there is no uniformity in data.

“We have to look at players that came through the ranks to see how to put a team together.
“By the time the whole players from abroad arrive, we will have a clearer picture of our squad and, in the end, we should be able to put together a solid team.”[/b]

-Imama

Smh. Gathering eligible players for the U-23 NT is a hassle in this current age. Chai.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:43pm On Mar 14, 2019
andrew444:

This is common sense that most of us are blatantly ignoring.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 3:47pm On Mar 14, 2019
Icon79:

O pari

Why did the atleti team not show up then? Juve simply took advantage of that and won. To me, that makes Juve the better team in that game.

Don't also forget that Juve has been unbeaten in their league so far this season.

Also, the same Man-u lost to Arsenal.Does that mean Arsenal will defeat Juventus should they meet now? I don't think so.

Football is very unpredictable but I support andrew. Juventus is the team to beat right now

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:51pm On Mar 14, 2019
andrew444:

Okay but hope say you know say onazi no play any minute for World Cup and he was fit ?

you want mak Rohr risky onazi with him size,
onazi for WC game , nah red card waiting to hapun ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:01pm On Mar 14, 2019
do4luv14:

you want mak Rohr risky onazi with him size,
onazi for WC game , nah red card waiting to hapun ooo

Lol

funny you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:01pm On Mar 14, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

This is common sense that most of us are blatantly ignoring.

Smiles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:06pm On Mar 14, 2019
darkelf:

Why did the atleti team not show up then? Juve simply took advantage of that and won. To me, that makes Juve the better team in that game.

Don't also forget that Juve has been unbeaten in their league so far this season.

Also, the same Man-u lost to Arsenal.Does that mean Arsenal will defeat Juventus should they meet now? I don't think so.

Football is very unpredictable but I support andrew. Juventus is the team to beat right now

People think i am even looking what juventus have been doing this season, they can only get better, the unbeaten is nothing,as barca has done that in laliga and ended up loosing at the 36th game, Seria A is a one horse league

I am looking at what juventus have been doing in the champions league for the past 3 years, this same juvetus have lost 2 champions league final to Madrid and barcelona, almost same players, i can list 10 players from the same team who played both finals, juventus lost out again in the semi final of last season champions league to same madrid and i feel they where cheated, i dont even think liverpool will beat them if they made it to that final.

Juventus have thrown away 3 champions league to spanish team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:24pm On Mar 14, 2019
Posted Feb. 27, 2019

TheGoodJoe:
Interesting times ahead for Leicester City with the arrival of Brendan Rodgers who I consider one of the top geniuses of the game. I hope his arrival sparks good trajectory for not just our players but especially Nacho due to the attacking brand of football of Rodgers and the ability to create chances for his forwards due to his passing style.

After Tevez, the striker that really had my attention was a young Suarez and under Rodgers, Suarez got unlocked. He became one of the most lethal finishers of the game.

The next striker who caught my attention after Suarez was Iheanacho. Due to his ability of finding his way around the forward line to finish at a very impressive and lethal rate.

Starting games should not be a priority but soaking in the wisdom of the genius manager who will lead the side.

Nacho should make improving his work rate to an impressive level his priority. There is a level a player achieves in work rate that makes him impossible to drop. Bernardo Silva should be a blueprint.

(Advice, Nacho should employ Nduka Ugbade as his work rate personal trainer. Nduka Ugbade has the key and created a work rate monster in Ndidi.)

https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/super-eagles-thread-russia-2018/5550#76181505

“Actually my job is not to put them in a trap of pressure, and take that away from them. Enjoy your football, but ultimately your first job is to press and work hard. From that what can you add into your game?”... Brendan Rodgers on Iheanacho.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:28pm On Mar 14, 2019
“Actually my job is not to put them in a trap of pressure, and take that away from them. Enjoy your football, but ultimately your first job is to press and work hard. From that what can you add into your game?”... Brendan Rodgers on Iheanacho.
Glad to see that Brendan Rodgers shares the same idea I feel about Iheanacho. Nacho needs to improve his pressing power and work rate to a phenomenal level. Playing in an offensive system and achieving this will help him click into a brutal form.

I believe Rodgers has the right routine and steps to get Nacho to achieve this. Something I feel he missed out when he left City and has another chance to achieve this under Rodgers.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:31pm On Mar 14, 2019
I hope people take note that Rodgers did not prioritise first touch and dribbling. However, his priority is pressing hard and work rate. This is what he believes will improve the players of his team and even Nacho.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5605) (5606) (5607) (5608) (5609) (5610) (5611) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Nomyth, Sugarboyy(m), TheSuperNerd(m), Longneck and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.