Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,259 members, 7,836,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5607) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11784629 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5604) (5605) (5606) (5607) (5608) (5609) (5610) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:09am On Mar 14, 2019
ChrisKels:
APOY 2019 race; Mane on early lead.

Mane will win it .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:13am On Mar 14, 2019
Odunayaw:
grin One or two seasons of brilliance and they forget who their mothers is

grin if only there was much trolling when Spanish teams were dancing in semis for half of a recent decade

Will English team win it ?

I think 4 English team made the quarterfinals last season did anyone end up winning it ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:15am On Mar 14, 2019
busky007:
If any of you can imagine how I am waiting for farmers League proponents.
Spain has one team
Serie a has one team
Portuguese league has one team
Eredivsie has one team
EPL HAVE FOUR TEAMS
German teams were flogged by Epl teams even in their homes
Ligue 1 teams are partying and forgetting their sorrow
PLS WHO ARE THE FARMERS NOW
BY THE WAY
ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ. YNWA
nb--sAlah don't be stingy

That Spain one team or Italy one team might end up winning it ,shebi Epl has 4 teams in the quarter finals last season wetin come make dem no win am grin

I forget that an achievement than winning the trophy for you guys grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:17am On Mar 14, 2019
komekn:
I am watching Liverpool give Bayern a bitter comprehensive football lesson.

I have witnessed the rage of expletives that have been sent my way, when l say the EPL is the most competitive league in the world. Now we have to consider adding the tag BEST.

For the EPL to have 4 teams in the last 8 of the Champions league, makes a big claim for BEST.

Consider how Manchester city beat Schalke sorry flogged them like kindergarten children.

Ends the arguments comprehensively.

No b today Epl dey get 4 teams for quarter finals na

Una no go still win am ,so it will make no sense

See the way you are celebrating quarter final like say Epl team don win am

2 Epl teams will meet their self .

They don't judge the best league by that ,if you guys can be constitent in Europe by winning it for the next 3/4 years you can take over as the best league in the world .

It's been 7 years and no Epl team has won champions league .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 8:30am On Mar 14, 2019
Kog45:
Ola Aina was called up cos we are having issue with RB position and if not for his late paper clearance against Cameroon at Uyo.Rohr was ready to start him against Cameroon,remember Ndidi and Omeruo were used as makeshift RB against Zambia and Algeria.

Late clearance of Aina paper gave Shehu the opportunity which he grabbed and was solid during WC qualifiers until pre WC friendlies and WC proper.

Aina direct rival to Echiejele was due to his versatility in both positions and I want to state it that sentiment took Echiejele to WC cos it was obvious when Rohr find it difficult to use Echiejele against Iceland but opted for young Ebuehi who replaced Idowu.

Truly Aina has not done much as national team player but Aina of present Torino has only talented Ebuehi to compete with not Shehu Abdullahi,though i would not be surprised if Rohr still preferred Shehu cos at WC it was glaring that Ebuehi should be a starter.

Till I leave this world, I will never forgive Rohr for not starting Ebuehi ahead of Shehu and Idowu at the WC.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 14, 2019
andrew444:

Barca have been eliminated from the champions league angry

See 2 English team will meet them selves

And one English team will meat juventus

That's what I pray for angry

Lol. This guy sef.

Okay and if Barça meet Juve? You go piss for body bah?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:33am On Mar 14, 2019
komekn:
I am watching Liverpool give Bayern a bitter comprehensive football lesson.

I have witnessed the rage of expletives that have been sent my way, when l say the EPL is the most competitive league in the world. Now we have to consider adding the tag BEST.

For the EPL to have 4 teams in the last 8 of the Champions league, makes a big claim for BEST.

Consider how Manchester city beat Schalke sorry flogged them like kindergarten children.

Ends the arguments comprehensively.

What about the years where premier league sides did poorly?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 14, 2019
andrew444:

Mane will win it .

Too early to tell.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 14, 2019
[s]
andrew444:

That Spain one team or Italy one team might end up winning it ,shebi Epl has 4 teams in the quarter finals last season wetin come make dem no win am grin

I forget that an achievement than winning the trophy for you guys grin
[/s]

This season is definitely not the same. I predicted your tears since start of this current season. So shush the eulogy is still on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:39am On Mar 14, 2019
iSlayer2:

This season is definitely not the same. I predicted your tears since start of this current season. So shush the eulogy is still on.

Lol e dey cancel wetin i write

My tears when barcelona are doing well

Kpele grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 14, 2019
andrew444:

Lol e dey cancel wetin i write

My tears when barcelona are doing well

Kpele grin

And the rest of the teams from the best league in the world nko? What happened? One was eliminated by Ajax Amsterdam. Chai. Well, just calm down for the draws okay?!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:50am On Mar 14, 2019
iSlayer2:

And the rest of the teams from the best league in the world nko? What happened? One was eliminated by Ajax Amsterdam. Chai. Well, just calm down for the draws okay?!

Madrid are trash.

No be today england they get 4 teams for quarter final and end up not winning it.

Even if england win champions league that will not make you the best league in the world, me and you cant type here on nairaland and decide which is the best league, UEFA will do that for both of us

Should i remind you that england didnt test champions league glory for 7 years? Not because they are not good enough but because of just 2 teams which is madrid and barcelona, Mind you the last time an english team kicked out barcelona in the champions league they won it which is chelsea

For your information i supported liverpool to beat madrid in the last champions league final and i ended up being dissapointed.

You need to dominate like spain for 3/4 years then uefa go change rankings

Yes lets wait for the draw

As a barcelona fan i pray i should be given FC porto or man united, I am not saying those teams will be easy or being a walk over oooo.

Smiles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 14, 2019
ChrisKels:
APOY 2019 race; Mane on early lead.

Africa has hit another low. If players like Mane are the best we can produce then......

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:54am On Mar 14, 2019
bobobooge:

Africa has hit another low. If players like Mane are the best we can produce then......

Na wetin we get nah

At the bolded but the so called mane is liverpool best player, is liverpool not one of the best teams in the world?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 14, 2019
andrew444:

Madrid are trash.

No be today england they get 4 teams for quarter final and end up not winning it.

Even if england win champions league that will not make you the best league in the world, me and you cant type here on nairaland and decide which is the best league, UEFA will do that for both of us

Should i remind you that england didnt test champions league glory for 7 years? Not because they are not good enough but because of just 2 teams which is madrid and barcelona, Mind you the last time an english team kicked out barcelona in the champions league they won it which is chelsea

For your information i supported liverpool to beat madrid in the last champions league final and i ended up being dissapointed.

You need to dominate like spain for 3/4 years then uefa go change rankings

Yes lets wait for the draw

As a barcelona fan i pray i should be given FC porto or man united, I am not saying those teams will be easy or being a walk over oooo.

Smiles

No need to be emotional. I'm not as invested in this as you are. As for praying for ManU, I can only laugh Hahahaha. You no understand ball o, you no no say ManU go fit comot you bah? Pray for Ajax or Porto or even Tottenham in current form.

Modified :

One more thing, majority of those 7 years of your Spanish glory had the English teams playing below our, so stop consoling yourself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:05am On Mar 14, 2019
iSlayer2:

No need to be emotional. I'm not as invested in this as you are. As for praying for ManU, I can only laugh Hahahaha. You no understand ball o, you no no say ManU go fit comot you bah? Pray for Ajax or Porto or even Tottenham in current form.

Lol

Na man you fan you b nah, but you dey shame to talk.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 14, 2019
andrew444:

Lol

Na man you fan you b nah, but you dey shame to talk.

Me?? For where?? Man United are our eternal enemies. But since La Liga fans started supporting Spanish domination in Europe and made it England Vs Spain (Because you guys were finally measuring up) I had to stop picking on rival English teams.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:46am On Mar 14, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Is he playing as a CF or what? grin

Played more central midfield with another Nigerian playing CB.

Ajayi scored two goals a system of football that suits him which is essentially kick and rush.

There are no real technically gifted players in his team that's not thier style. But he stands out for them hr has done well for Rotherham and they have done well by him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:47am On Mar 14, 2019
komekn:

Ajayi scored two goals a system of football that suits him which is essentially kick and rush.

There are no real technically gifted players in his team that's not thier style. But he stands out for them hr has done well for Rotherham and they have done well by him.

Ajayi should be hoping for a move to the EPL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 11:07am On Mar 14, 2019
andrew444:

Ajayi should be hoping for a move to the EPL

He should have defined position first

Is he a CB that can play CDM

Or is he a CDM that can play CB

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:23am On Mar 14, 2019
Earthquake2:

He should have defined position first

Is he a CB that can play CDM

Or is he a CDM that can play CB

He don't need to define that, his main position is central defence but he can play in the defensive midfield

There are several players like that who plays numerous position

Before Liverpool signed Fabinho ,he is a midfielder and a right back .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 11:39am On Mar 14, 2019
well done u tried very hard to take the credit away from Ajayi as if ajayi can't perform in another system except kick and rush
komekn:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 11:44am On Mar 14, 2019
what if Ajayi partner Ndidi in the midfield with Iwobi ahead of them?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 12:17pm On Mar 14, 2019
andrew444:

He don't need to define that, his main position is central defence but he can play in the defensive midfield

There are several players like that who plays numerous position

Before Liverpool signed Fabinho ,he is a midfielder and a right back .

Its harder to buy a player you don't know his defined position

Fabinho is a CDM that that play right back

You should have used Ramsey as an example (though his type are very rare in modern days football)

Onyekuru is suffering from Rohr for the same thing, Ajayi may do the same
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by busky007: 12:22pm On Mar 14, 2019
I am predicting 3epl teams plus one of barca/juve in semifinals or 2epl teams plus barca and juve

Final match ------------Liverpool /Man city vs Barca / Juventus =51percent
Or ----------- 2 Epl teams =35percent
Or -------------Barca vs Juve =14percent
Epl winning =50percent, laliga 27percent and Serie a =23percent
All statistic and analysis
Quote me after every round

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:23pm On Mar 14, 2019
Earthquake2:

Its harder to buy a player you don't know his defined position

Fabinho is a CDM that that play right back

You should have used Ramsey as an example (though his type are very rare in modern days football)

Onyekuru is suffering from Rohr for the same thing, Ajayi may do the same

Okay I agree with you sha

But is ajayi main position not CB ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2019
busky007:
I am predicting 3epl teams plus one of barca/juve in semifinals or 2epl teams plus barca and juve

Final match ------------Liverpool /Man city vs Barca / Juventus =51percent
Or ----------- 2 Epl teams =35percent
Or -------------Barca vs Juve =14percent
Epl winning =50percent, laliga 27percent and Serie a =23percent
All statistic and analysis
Quote me after every round

Smiles

Let watch and see sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:26pm On Mar 14, 2019
isan:
well done u tried very hard to take the credit away from Ajayi as if ajayi can't perform in another system except kick and rush

That guy matter tire me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 12:26pm On Mar 14, 2019
andrew444:

Okay I agree with you sha

But is ajayi main position not CB ?

At the moment Ajayi is competing with Balogun and Ekong for CB position

If he starts playing in midfield he will be competing with 3 other players

In the end he will lose
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:30pm On Mar 14, 2019
Earthquake2:

At the moment Ajayi is competing with Balogun and Ekong for CB position

If he starts playing in midfield he will be competing with 3 other players

In the end he will lose

He should better go to midfield o and fight etebo

My first choice defenders are omeruo ekong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:42pm On Mar 14, 2019
andrew444:

He should better go to midfield o and fight etebo

My first choice defenders are omeruo ekong

ETEBO ke? Wetin go come hapun to onazi wey oga Rohr dey find person for him position, ehn oya Andrew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:44pm On Mar 14, 2019
isan:
what if Ajayi partner Ndidi in the midfield with Iwobi ahead of them?

then one of them will have to be adventures moving both forward and backward with Iwobi

(1) (2) (3) ... (5604) (5605) (5606) (5607) (5608) (5609) (5610) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Meliforme, Iview1, zicky(m), Ikanium(m), DrYa and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.