Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11755955 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5619) (5620) (5621) (5622) (5623) (5624) (5625) ... (16184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 18, 2019
Confusion Over Effiong's Call-Up To Super Eagles : Akwa United Confirm Defender Is Injured
Published: March 17, 2019
There is confusion over the late call-up handed to Akwa United defender Ndifreke Effiong by the Nigeria Football Federation on Sunday, as replacement for the injured Ola Aina.
Akwa United confirmed on Sunday that Effiong suffered an injury in their Nigeria Professional Football League clash at Heartland, an injury which led to his substitution in the early stages of the second half.
The 20-year-old had to be attended to by medics after he got injured as he attempted to make contact with a cross delivered into the vital area by Brazilian midfielder Alberico Da Silva.
Effiong was having a good game prior to his injury-enforced substitution, scoring the opener as early as the third minute after he was set up by Mfon Udoh.
The in-form fullback merited a call-up to the Super Eagles as that goal was his fifth of the season but has to undergo tests to determine the extent of the injury and his availability to the national team.
The 23 players called up for the two games against Seychelles and Egypt are expected to start reporting for international duty on Monday, March 18. cryConfusion Over Effiong's Call-Up To Super Eagles : Akwa United Confirm Defender Is Injured
There is confusion over the late call-up handed to Akwa United defender Ndifreke Effiong by the Nigeria Football Federation on Sunday, as replacement for the injured Ola Aina.
Akwa United confirmed on Sunday that Effiong suffered an injury in their Nigeria Professional Football League clash at Heartland, an injury which led to his substitution in the early stages of the second half.
The 20-year-old had to be attended to by medics after he got injured as he attempted to make contact with a cross delivered into the vital area by Brazilian midfielder Alberico Da Silva.
Effiong was having a good game prior to his injury-enforced substitution, scoring the opener as early as the third minute after he was set up by Mfon Udoh.
The in-form fullback merited a call-up to the Super Eagles as that goal was his fifth of the season but has to undergo tests to determine the extent of the injury and his availability to the national team.
The 23 players called up for the two games against Seychelles and Egypt are expected to start reporting for international duty on Monday, March 18.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:45am On Mar 18, 2019
And NPFL clubs continue to mess up.

Only Enyimba has what it takes to compete on the continent. I just hope they can pull through the NPFL season and return to the continent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:47am On Mar 18, 2019
sheyishemba:
Confusion Over Effiong's Call-Up To Super Eagles : Akwa United Confirm Defender Is Injured
The 23 players called up for the two games against Seychelles and Egypt are expected to start reporting for international duty on Monday, March 18. cryConfusion Over Effiong's Call-Up To Super Eagles : Akwa United Confirm Defender Is Injured
The 23 players called up for the two games against Seychelles and Egypt are expected to start reporting for international duty on Monday, March 18.

If there is no one else to invite they should just leave that slot Jare. Shehu Abdulahi is in the team and Balogun and Omeruo can also play RB. No cause for alarm abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:11am On Mar 18, 2019
sheyishemba:

Sorry we are fighting for the league and we don't have any training material for the super eagles grin ND is a striker btw.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:12am On Mar 18, 2019
Icon4s:

If there is no one else to invite they should just leave that slot Jare. Shehu Abdulahi is in the team and Balogun and Omeruo can also play RB. No cause for alarm abeg

He has been playing striker this season so I don't even know how his name came up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:14am On Mar 18, 2019
Icon4s:
And NPFL clubs continue to mess up.

Only Enyimba has what it takes to compete on the continent. I just hope they can pull through the NPFL season and return to the continent.

Argument bait grin can't wait for Mfon to add you guys to his victims grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:35am On Mar 18, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Argument bait grin can't wait for Mfon to add you guys to his victims grin

Which Bait? grin
I have stated the obvious fact! You still wan argue this one?

ONLY ENYIMBA HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO COMPETE FAVORABLY ON THE CONTINENT. Please respect my Club grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:38am On Mar 18, 2019
And the North African woes continues. Both Lobi and Rangers could not secure a single win at the group stage home and away against all the North African teams they played.

Bascovanveli, what do u think is the problem?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:50am On Mar 18, 2019
Icon4s:
And the North African woes continues. Both Lobi and Rangers could not secure a single win at the group stage home and away against all the North African teams they played.

Bascovanveli, what do u think is the problem?

I think the lads gave their best. Enugu should have won easily yesterday but for hard luck and you can say the same with lobi against Wydad.

The clubs have given a good account of themselves and should be commended.

I believe fitness needs to improve and coaching can also be better. We all knew both had tough groups.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:06am On Mar 18, 2019
Icon4s:

Which Bait? grin
I have stated the obvious fact! You still wan argue this one?

ONLY ENYIMBA HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO COMPETE FAVORABLY ON THE CONTINENT. Please respect my Club grin

Chi, club were no fit keep him best players, that wan na big club? grin

Enyimba had a very easy run last term. Did you see Enugu or lobi play any teams from Rwanda? Just focus on playing your police football grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Etinosa1234: 9:33am On Mar 18, 2019
darkelf:

Your name though?
grin grin grin
what happened to my namegrin am not a gal ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:01am On Mar 18, 2019
grin
BascoVanVeli:

Enyimba had a very easy run last term. Did you see Enugu or lobi play any teams from Rwanda? Just focus on playing your police football grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:06am On Mar 18, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

my team Kada city are doing good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:27am On Mar 18, 2019
maidaboi:
my team Kada city are doing good

O wow I have been impressed with them. I watched Akwa beat them but I saw that they were a very good side especially going forward.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:45pm On Mar 18, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

I think the lads gave their best. Enugu should have won easily yesterday but for hard luck and you can say the same with lobi against Wydad.

The clubs have given a good account of themselves and should be commended.

I believe fitness needs to improve and coaching can also be better. We all knew both had tough groups.

If this is what you term a good account I am sorry I cannot align with mediocrity. The performances from both clubs are nothing but dismal for a country like Nigeria. They don't deserve any commendations.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:50pm On Mar 18, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

As if Rwandan clubs parade academy Players. Is it not the same Confed cup that Enyimba got to semis that Rangers embarrassed themselves?

Most Nigerian clubs don't have that winning mentality. They are so full of inferiority complex. North African clubs are like Barca to them.

Even if Enyimba sell their entire team and Assemble a new crop they will still compete well on the continent. Enyimba FC has a fighting spirit and we transfer it into our players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:52pm On Mar 18, 2019
Icon4s:

Wey the earth moving machine wey u take unearth Okereke?
U dey look for where to claim cheap glory grin
Lol e pain am grin
Na my boys, if e pain u, I dey my house, come beat me tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:55pm On Mar 18, 2019
andrew444:

My guy shebi i tell you say you go soon carry okereke as your boy ? Lol he don happen at last

I agree at the bolded

Concerning okereke move, inter millan have been serious about signing him sha, dont really know about juventus and others

Lol if I kick ur groin ehh grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:58pm On Mar 18, 2019
andrew444:

Wetin make them ban you?

Lol I dont know oo, even as I finish that post wey I say HBD to Danny, dem still knack me another one, na now dem just open am. Dem just dey do me open&close, back to back. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:59pm On Mar 18, 2019
ChrisKels:

Lol e pain am grin

Na my boys, if e pain u, I dey my house, come beat me tongue

grin Your boys. Ok o grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:00pm On Mar 18, 2019
Danielnino00:

Thanks a lot bro..
really appreciate it...
What are brothers for nah?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:29pm On Mar 18, 2019
Icon4s:

grin Your boys. Ok o grin
Yes my boys. Bia, hapu m aka oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:50pm On Mar 18, 2019
Pls guyz how many played are in camp now,
and as per injury woes, apart from KALU and AINA
had anybody pull outside. Due to injury
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:56pm On Mar 18, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

O wow I have been impressed with them. I watched Akwa beat them but I saw that they were a very good side especially going forward.
we just got promoted so next time handle us with care
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:26pm On Mar 18, 2019
ChrisKels:

Yes my boys. Bia, hapu m aka oo

Na so. One day u go soon claim say Okocha, Kanu and Amokachi na your boys grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by luketheman: 2:30pm On Mar 18, 2019

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:12pm On Mar 18, 2019
ChrisKels:

Lol if I kick ur groin ehh grin

Lols
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 3:19pm On Mar 18, 2019
Official List

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 3:46pm On Mar 18, 2019
We hope that European clubs will not disappoint us as this u23 list dey sweet me too much....Nwakali better respect himself and perform...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:48pm On Mar 18, 2019
Oasis007:
Official List

Is Kingsley Michael a striker or a midfielder?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:02pm On Mar 18, 2019
gamaliel9:
We hope that European clubs will not disappoint us as this u23 list dey sweet me too much....Nwakali better respect himself and perform...

The ones on the list will come.

Maduka Okoye was stopped by his club from coming.

Kelechi John was dropped due to match fitness issues.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:16pm On Mar 18, 2019
Odey and Okafor make the Swiss league team of the week.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5619) (5620) (5621) (5622) (5623) (5624) (5625) ... (16184) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mummyson26(m), Famocious(m), TheGoodJoe(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.