Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,266 members, 7,839,344 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5685) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11802921 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5682) (5683) (5684) (5685) (5686) (5687) (5688) ... (16209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:28pm On Mar 27, 2019
Joebie:
Man management ALONE can keep u going, but can’t win u trophies? Rohr is an ok coach. You cannot be a great coach if u are only good in man management. Tactically, he is average at best.
What Rohr needs is a very good assistant. I wish we had drafted Amunike to his coaching staff. Get a great assistant and leave the tactical side of the game to them.
That's how Fergie always moved with the times till he decided to retire. Carlos Quieroz was responsible for the tactical side i.e training and all while Fergie handled the management side.
Get Rohr a good assistant and I wouldn't mind him staying till 2022 and beyond sef

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:37pm On Mar 27, 2019
tbaba1234:

Before Rohr, we were in shambles. Failed to qualify for 2 AFCONs. Major players retiring due to disagreements with managers.

Rohr has been producing results regardless of the entertainment value. He has fulfilled most of the targets given to him.
for the first time in a long while NFF and national team coach have not embarrassed themselves in front of the media, it's not like the NFF have suddenly become perfect but man is so matured that he doesn't cry to the public about his needs or NFF shortcomings
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 11:01pm On Mar 27, 2019
tbaba1234:

Before Rohr, we were in shambles. Failed to qualify for 2 AFCONs. Major players retiring due to disagreements with managers.

Rohr has been producing results regardless of the entertainment value. He has fulfilled most of the targets given to him.
the area I respect the coach most is his relentless efforts scouting for talents all over the world

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 11:17pm On Mar 27, 2019
Football is about winning....you must reason like a sniper.....Rohr this Rohr that....what has he won for us...what cup?

Greece played so badly...ultra defensive football.. Otto Rehagel is a legend in Greece..who remembers Serbia that played wonderful football?

we still have time to rate him...Westerhof and that his compatriot remain our best...Keshi is better than Rohr based on the fact that he won AFCON..IF ROHR WINS AFCON..HE WOULD NOT EQUAL KESHI BECAUSE KESHI ALSO TOOK US TO THE WORLD CUP SECOND ROUND

Me..i rate a coach based on winning..not man management nor tactical acumen...

Ka Chineke mezie okwu

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:56am On Mar 28, 2019
Is that what makes him tactically sound?

Earthquake2:

Can you name a foreign coach that is so interested in developing another country's players that he travels for his players and helps them with their contracts
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:04am On Mar 28, 2019
If not that Pinnick is a very supportive NFF chairman Rohr for still dey till today?

Earthquake2:

He's the best we have have in a long time, a huge chunk of the team was discovered and nurtured by him

We are where we are because of him, don't be ungrateful

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:12am On Mar 28, 2019
Exactly!
edi287:

What Rohr needs is a very good assistant. I wish we had drafted Amunike to his coaching staff. Get a great assistant and leave the tactical side of the game to them.
That's how Fergie always moved with time till he decided to retire. Carlos Quieroz was responsible for the tactical side i.e training and all while Fergie handled the management side.
Get Rohr a good assistant and I wouldn't mind him staying till 2022 and beyond sef
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:05am On Mar 28, 2019
edi287:

That's how Fergie always moved with time till he decided to retire. Carlos Quieroz was responsible for the tactical side i.e training and all while Fergie handled the management side.

If the NFF is to provide a tactician to support Rohr ( which will be highly commendable ) he is likely going to be a white man.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 5:30am On Mar 28, 2019
Icon4s:

If the NFF is to provide a tactician to support Rohr ( which will be highly commendable ) he is likely going to be a white man.

I thought Carl Ikeme was supposed to be our goalkeeper coach

What happened?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 6:41am On Mar 28, 2019
Icon4s:

Don't mind. Bonfere Jo was white and did a great job as Westerhof's assistant.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 7:11am On Mar 28, 2019
''We are missing players like Ola Aina, Samuel Kalu, Ighalo, he has been replaced but normally he's the striker. We are missing Ahmed Musa our captain.''

Rohr's comment before Egypt match

Wetin do Mikel and Rohr na? Is Musa the captain now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:52am On Mar 28, 2019
Earthquake2:

I thought Carl Ikeme was supposed to be our goalkeeper coach

What happened?

He is to support the Goalkeeper coaches not that he will be the Main coach himself as he has no coaching experience. He has recently enrolled for coaching Training over there in England

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 7:55am On Mar 28, 2019
Icon4s:

He is to support the Goalkeeper coaches not that he will be the Main coach himself as he has no coaching experience. He has recently enrolled for coaching Training over there in England

Ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 28, 2019
iSlayer2:

Good.
Pls which tournament is that? Do you know the countries that are invited?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:53am On Mar 28, 2019
Clementoke:
''We are missing players like Ola Aina, Samuel Kalu, Ighalo, he has been replaced but normally he's the striker. We are missing Ahmed Musa our captain.''

Rohr's comment before Egypt match

Wetin do Mikel and Rohr na? Is Musa the captain now
I thought he excused Mikel from these games as he just joined Boro. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if he's trying to ease him out. Mikel won't be around forever - so we might as well start planning for life without him.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 9:06am On Mar 28, 2019
edi287:

I thought he excused Mikel from these games as he just joined Boro. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if he's trying to ease him out. Mikel won't be around forever - so we might as well start planning for life without him.

One of the reasons Mikel came to Boro is to come back to international football

It seems Rohr is having none of that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:11am On Mar 28, 2019
Lucque:
Rohr's managerial period with super eagles in numbers.
17games played.
3 games lost. ...17.5%
3 games drawn...17.5%
11 games won. .. 65%
.. pls tell me how these stats are bad... Cos some of us here are constantly saying he isnt fit to coach d team...
During his tenure we have qualified for d 2 major tournaments with atleast a game to spare... We missed out on d last 2 afcons... Qualified for d 2014 world cup at d last min... Nd yet some ppl make it sound like we had d best team wen rohr took over...

Sorry, how did we qualify for the 2014 WC at the last minute??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:13am On Mar 28, 2019
tbaba1234:

we were not in shambles then we went to the WC and managed to bring home the best jersey of the tournament tag. We became a joke, spending so much time on jersey sales then lost to the worst Argentina team in 10 years at least. Sure we have improved

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:18am On Mar 28, 2019
tbaba1234:

Keshi was not a great tactician but he could motivate his players to achieve things. We were not supposed to win AFCON 2013.

Keshi not a great tactician? Then that means Rohr isn't a tactician at all. Please put me through why you think Keshi was a poor tactician.

Then please, who was supposed to win the 2013 Afcon? Arsenal??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:19am On Mar 28, 2019
The matches had come and gone,
three matches in a ' POTATO FARM '
and 3wins, 8goals, and 1cancel,

yet the field is still the talk, even one over dramatic fan, goes as far as using SPURS new stadia as an example, Kia.....

yet none of the opponents complained ( or maybe I don't hear them do )

still we are here complaining, boring friendly cos of pitch, bouncing ball cos of pitch,

why don't we complain, the goals is cause of the pitch too

and to thing the stadia is still in transit, hmmmm

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:22am On Mar 28, 2019
Humility017:

I am not running down anyone....
I vividly remember the tangle he had with the academy that birth nacho.... with the management of nwakali player rights. ...

I remember how the academy boss claimed amunike forced the latter player to sign for his(amunike) academy with the threat to be left out of the squad...

let me tell you he can't try that poo in Tanzania they're already short of talents so...trying that will amount to failure.... but trust them to mess up when coaching the Eagles. ..because even the players coming to bribe them are somehow still okay and as such won't raise eyebrows...

Yusuf bribe scandal revealed the obvious greed that exist in the stomach of our indigenous coaches....

Have you ever compared the salaries our local coaches receive to what Rohr is currently earning? And have you ever checked if Rohr has had to work for at least 6months without pay since he came on? I do not support bribe in any form, but if our local coaches earn well and on time, I dont think they'd need to take bribe.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:33am On Mar 28, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Every player has bad games. Even Messi and CR7. Anyone running down players because of bad games do not understand the dynamics of football. It is not straight but filled with ups and downs.

The same Osimhen castigated and called a flop is generating waves.

Yeah and with a run of games Iheanacho will shame his critics right? My man

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:35am On Mar 28, 2019
jihday:
for the first time in a long while NFF and national team coach have not embarrassed themselves in front of the media, it's not like the NFF have suddenly become perfect but man is so matured that he doesn't cry to the public about his needs or NFF shortcomings

I am certain if he isn't paid for 6months or if he is in a tournament and he has already been shown his sack letter, he would complain a little. Things Keshi and other local coaches have had to pass through

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:37am On Mar 28, 2019
gamaliel9:
Football is about winning....you must reason like a sniper.....Rohr this Rohr that....what has he won for us...what cup?

Greece played so badly...ultra defensive football.. Otto Rehagel is a legend in Greece..who remembers Serbia that played wonderful football?

we still have time to rate him...Westerhof and that his compatriot remain our best...Keshi is better than Rohr based on the fact that he won AFCON..IF ROHR WINS AFCON..HE WOULD NOT EQUAL KESHI BECAUSE KESHI ALSO TOOK US TO THE WORLD CUP SECOND ROUND

Me..i rate a coach based on winning..not man management nor tactical acumen...

Ka Chineke mezie okwu

Finally someone who speaks English. What is your brand Sir?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 28, 2019
R2bees:
Pls which tournament is that? Do you know the countries that are invited?

I honestly don't know.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 28, 2019
do4luv14:
The matches had come and gone,
three matches in a ' POTATO FARM '
and 3wins, 8goals, and 1cancel,

yet the field is still the talk, even one over dramatic fan, goes as far as using SPURS new stadia as an example, Kia.....

yet none of the opponents complained ( or maybe I don't hear them do )

still we are here complaining, boring friendly cos of pitch, bouncing ball cos of pitch,

why don't we complain, the goals is cause of the pitch too

and to thing the stadia is still in transit, hmmmm
the fact em wailers doesn't understand is that non of their wails and cry can change any fact..their wails doesn't and can't even change the fact that pinnick might or will opt for same asaba pitch for our next and upcoming games...lol..

Instead to stay humble and appreciate,they keep waiting and hand-picking the bads and negatives..

Everyone has an opinion but not all opinions matter

PEACE cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 28, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
Even those running down Solanke should take it easy because in football, the tide can swing back to his direction.

Concerning the whole players generally, this simple fact has been very difficult to grasp by supposed "adults" here.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:55am On Mar 28, 2019
Mickael2:

Finally someone who speaks English. What is your brand Sir?

Banana and yogurt!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:57am On Mar 28, 2019
krattoss:
the fact em wailers doesn't understand is that non of their wails and cry can change any fact..their wails doesn't and can't even change the fact that pinnick might or will opt for same asaba pitch for our next and upcoming games...lol..

Instead to stay humble and appreciate,they keep waiting and hand-picking the bads and negatives..

Everyone has an opinion but not all opinions matter

PEACE cool
When players start dropping out because of that pitch - that's when you'll understand why the "wailers" are complaining
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:05am On Mar 28, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
Even those running down Solanke should take it easy because in football, the tide can swing back to his direction.

I am befuddled why there is even discussion of Solanke in the first place.

I will admit I have met him and l find no IOTA of affinity for anything Nigerian.

He is a player with huge amounts of potential that's yet to be seen, after one season of continuous consistent first team football. We may then understand why Bournemouth payed £20 million for him, l still think it's a big gamble.

But him playing for Nigeria l just really can not see it happening.

There is a better chance of Tega Abrahams switching allegiance in my opinion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:13am On Mar 28, 2019
edi287:

That is a reasonable approach, but it only becomes plausible if thier is a quality current comparable alternative to take his place.

Right now I see NONE.

In that regards the proposition becomes UNREASONABLE.

Age is not the issue more so in Nigeria, where we know any player born and brought up in Nigeria it is impossible to verify thier ages.

If Danny Alves ( PSG) Ribery, Arjen ( Bayern Munich) can be playing at the highest level for some of the best club and national teams in the World, CURRENTLY. Particularly as they are all over 35.

Then such talk of retiring a 31 year old Mikel is TOTALLY PREMATURE and quite disrespectful to be honest.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:17am On Mar 28, 2019
forgiveness:

Can you please explain how the inclusion of Mikel Obi will cost us big time?

That proposition is without one iota of substance and is somewhat infantile reasoning it is essentially nonsensical.

Mikel arguably the only true top class player we have currently.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5682) (5683) (5684) (5685) (5686) (5687) (5688) ... (16209) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ThanosKilla(m), humility33(m), charlesemeka85(m), TheGoodJoe(m), FarmlandInc, Posh(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.