Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,074 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:08 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5721) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11929185 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5718) (5719) (5720) (5721) (5722) (5723) (5724) ... (16336) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2019
chrisooblog:
the point i'm still making is on a good day a lesser team can beat or trouble better teams remember 2 or 3 seasons how celtic gave man city a run for their money drawing 3-3 with them? villarreal excluding this season have shown consistent performances in la liga so it's really mind boggling thinking a team that went almost toe to toe with barca will somehow struggle against burnley, brighton, even A.villa really? Komekn are you taking the piss derby of all teams?

the truth is outside the top 6 the EPL is quite poor compared to la liga if villarreal was is in the EPL now they will comfortably be battling for top 7

I don tell am e no go gree, No b Komekn?

If komekn get chance e go tell you say championship better pass laliga

The guy don tire me abeg

Him don forget say villareal na top club, just because they are battling relegation.

Should i give him the calibre of players in villareal?

Apart from the top 6 ,Villareal are better than the rest epl club

Villareal is even a better club than tottenham till this past few years that tottenham have been among the big boys and doing well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:06pm On Apr 04, 2019
terzurum5:
30-Goal Chelsea Winger Commits International Future To Nigeria Over England

[img]http://img.transcoder.opera.com/assets/v2/cb631ed764ec95550ac1263b28b02b8d[/img]

Chelsea prodigy Adrian Akande has committed his international future to Nigeria despite being courted by the English Football Association, allnigeriasoccer.com
can exclusively report.

Golden Eaglets coach, Manu Garba closely monitored the highly-rated winger in Abuja for about one week, with a view to naming him on the roster for the upcoming Africa U17 Cup of Nations in Tanzania.

Akande arrived the Nigeria U17s camp with a huge reputation, having netted an impressive 30 goals in 42 games for Chelsea's youth teams this season, while providing 22 assists.

''Adrian has been called for five England camps and has rejected all of them in hope of playing for Nigeria,'' Adrian's agent, Tobi Alabi who used to play for Millwall, told allnigeriasoccer.com.

Akande has certainly shown signs that he could cut it as a professional footballer as he has drawn comparisons to Chelsea superstar Eden Hazard and Barcelona's Ousmane Dembélé.

''He plays like Hazard and Barcelona's Dembele. He is two-footed, very quick and strong on the ball. He can score the same, with both right foot and left foot and he is a hard worker.

''He has no weaknesses. I saw a mention that defensively he isn’t strong but he’s not a defender, he’s an attacker so his defensive capabilities aren’t important, of course he will work hard for his team but he’s not a defender, '' added Alabi.

Adrian Akande played for the youth team of Crystal Palace before transferring to Chelsea at the age of twelve.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel.

http://news-af.dailyadvent.com/news/detail/cb631ed764ec95550ac1263b28b02b8d_ng?features=171&like_count=5&client=opera&like_list=like-laugh

One of the foreign boys in the under 17 camp.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:06pm On Apr 04, 2019
Bolowolowo:
Iran? Both Ireland’s? Romania? Poland? Slovakia? Abeg, someone explain how these countries are above us? Could it be strength of opposition? Some of them have never even gone to a World Cup in decades.

From position 20 to 41 before Nigeria, I can hit my chest that only 2/3 teams are better than us.

All this rankings na nonsense
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:12pm On Apr 04, 2019
KpagoGIN:

that coach is only implementing what coach rhor did with the U23 and since the head doesn't want to look his side nothing bad doing the same, if it was possible even henry, awazeim and co will play for him.
P.S it will still come to a time national team list will start having multiple mentions (U20,U23 and Senior)

Yeah if they win the U20 world cup it will benefit the team and SE as a whole

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:14pm On Apr 04, 2019
andrew444:

From position 20 to 41 before Nigeria, I can hit my chest that only 2/3 teams are better than us.

All this rankings na nonsense

You are always beating your chest

Have you watched the Europa Nations league, those teams are not as easy as they look
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:16pm On Apr 04, 2019
Earthquake2:

You are always beating your chest

Have watched the Europa Nations league, those teams are not as easy as they look

Bros i have seen all the european teams there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:17pm On Apr 04, 2019
Paul Aigbogun needs to up his game, he's the only underperforming SE coach at the moment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KpagoGIN(m): 2:19pm On Apr 04, 2019
Earthquake2:

Yeah if they win the U20 world cup it will benefit the team and SE as a whole
truly looking forward to that day..... the team suffers too much from players selection (U20) not for choice but age issues hopefully the head coach now has that in check.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:20pm On Apr 04, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Apart from his right foot Samu needs to work on his finishing. He could score massive amounts of goals if he takes his time and picks his spot. Also he needs to begin work on dead balls because he is already a striker of the ball and that could really set him apart.

Can samu cross?

If he is a winger, this will help him garner a lot of assists?

It will also help our National team. We have very few good crossers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:28pm On Apr 04, 2019
I don't see the point of Samu going to the under 20 WC when there is AFCON. If there was no AFCON, fine but he can not play two tournamemts.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 2:30pm On Apr 04, 2019
I think it's better for him because I don't think Rohr is taking him to AFCON

safarigirl:
hian

Only Chukwueze go play for senior team, play for U23, still play for U20 again. Why are the just transferring him left and right like this? Is there anybody in that nonsense U20 team playing at Chukwueze's level? Or because they heard he is 19, they think they can use him as they please?

This is highly disrespectful, they should stop insulting this boy's experience anyhow, he isn't meant to slave around and help them achieve feats they can't achieve with their mediocre players. Abi, was the coach blind when he was selecting players?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:30pm On Apr 04, 2019
tbaba1234:
I don't see the point of Samu going to the under 20 WC when there is AFCON. If there was no AFCON, fine but he can not play two tournamemts.

Agreed

Samu belongs to afcon

The only junior tournament samu should play is olympic

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:33pm On Apr 04, 2019
cc12:
I think it's better for him because I don't think Rohr is taking him to AFCON

wouldn't that be a massive gaffe on Rohr's part?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 2:33pm On Apr 04, 2019
I can bet you that he isn't going to AFCON, Rohr still sees him as a fringe member of the team

andrew444:

Agreed

Samu belongs to afcon

The only junior tournament samu should play is olympic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:36pm On Apr 04, 2019
cc12:
I can bet you that he isn't going to AFCON, Rohr still sees him as a fringe member of the team

You make point sha, you know as rohr dey do

But i hopes he makes afcon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 2:42pm On Apr 04, 2019
Earthquake2:
Paul Aigbogun needs to up his game, he's the only underperforming SE coach at the moment
because he is a square peg in a round hole. ..
his appointment was flawed....
dude have nothing to offer.
ask him to scout players now in nigeria. ...he will go scout old legs instead of him to borrow a leaf from manu and amunike players scouting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 04, 2019
safarigirl:

It would be in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:11pm On Apr 04, 2019
tbaba1234:

If we look at d two tournament/team, super eagles is not in dire need of samu,we av capable hands who re already playing in his position with or wout him in d team but in d u-20 he would b highly needed in d team;I.e his effort will b highly appreciated in d u-20s dan eagles

But his calibre and increase in market value wise,he shld go to afcon cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
Humility017:

ask him to scout players now in nigeria. ...he will go scout old legs instead of him to borrow a leaf from manu and amunike players scouting

Hmmm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
safarigirl:

it may, or may not be,

but we still have Henry, osimhen, even Paul, to mention but few to think about,

its better he play u-20 and u-23
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
Wolves buy Raul Jimenez for 30 million

Meanwhile Solanke was bought for 20 million

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:15pm On Apr 04, 2019
Taliban:

It would be in my opinion.

since when did you became Rohr?
for it to be your ' OPTION '
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2019
Rohr is full of gaffes

safarigirl:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 3:25pm On Apr 04, 2019
I think he got the U20 coaching job due to working under Pinnick when he was the coach of Warri Wolves

Humility017:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:25pm On Apr 04, 2019
do4luv14:

it may, or may not be,

but we still have Henry, osimhen, even Paul, to mention but few to think about,

its better he play u-20 and u-23
Osimhen and Paul aren't wingers.

IMO....rather than Rohr wasting a spot on a fourth striker, he can replace the fourth striker with Chukwueze. We may have to consider what he brings to the team, however, and how it's different from what those in a similar position have brought.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 04, 2019
do4luv14:

since when did you became Rohr?
for it to be your ' OPTION '

Opinion and option are different things sir. I said in my opinion , na mistake for Rohr to leave out one of the best performing forward we have in europe.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:05pm On Apr 04, 2019
The yeking! cool cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:15pm On Apr 04, 2019
terzurum5:
30-Goal Chelsea Winger Commits International Future To Nigeria Over England

[img]http://img.transcoder.opera.com/assets/v2/cb631ed764ec95550ac1263b28b02b8d[/img]

Chelsea prodigy Adrian Akande has committed his international future to Nigeria despite being courted by the English Football Association, allnigeriasoccer.com
can exclusively report.

Golden Eaglets coach, Manu Garba closely monitored the highly-rated winger in Abuja for about one week, with a view to naming him on the roster for the upcoming Africa U17 Cup of Nations in Tanzania.

Akande arrived the Nigeria U17s camp with a huge reputation, having netted an impressive 30 goals in 42 games for Chelsea's youth teams this season, while providing 22 assists.

''Adrian has been called for five England camps and has rejected all of them in hope of playing for Nigeria,'' Adrian's agent, Tobi Alabi who used to play for Millwall, told allnigeriasoccer.com.

Akande has certainly shown signs that he could cut it as a professional footballer as he has drawn comparisons to Chelsea superstar Eden Hazard and Barcelona's Ousmane Dembélé.

''He plays like Hazard and Barcelona's Dembele. He is two-footed, very quick and strong on the ball. He can score the same, with both right foot and left foot and he is a hard worker.

''He has no weaknesses. I saw a mention that defensively he isn’t strong but he’s not a defender, he’s an attacker so his defensive capabilities aren’t important, of course he will work hard for his team but he’s not a defender, '' added Alabi.

Adrian Akande played for the youth team of Crystal Palace before transferring to Chelsea at the age of twelve.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel.

http://news-af.dailyadvent.com/news/detail/cb631ed764ec95550ac1263b28b02b8d_ng?features=171&like_count=5&client=opera&like_list=like-laugh

Bravo!! This is the kind of commitment we need from those Foreign born players. Not all those ones that will be embarrassing the country up and down. Imagine rejecting English call up 5times because of naija.

A great future awaits you Adrian Akande Jare kiss. Welcome to the Green White Green.

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 4:15pm On Apr 04, 2019
andrew444:

Thats why laliga is the best league in the world

Such team like Villarreal will be top 10 in the epl table

Take a look at useless clubs like fulham huddersfield town? and someone is telling me top seria B club will not beat those team?
i disagree with u. The mid table and bottom table teams in laliga are not as competitive like the ones in the EPL. besides Villarreal is just having a bad season they have always been at top 7 in recent campaigns.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:32pm On Apr 04, 2019
chrisooblog:
the point i'm still making is on a good day a lesser team can beat or trouble better teams remember 2 or 3 seasons how celtic gave man city a run for their money drawing 3-3 with them? villarreal excluding this season have shown consistent performances in la liga so it's really mind boggling thinking a team that went almost toe to toe with barca will somehow struggle against burnley, brighton, even A.villa really? Komekn are you taking the piss derby of all teams?

the truth is outside the top 6 the EPL is quite poor compared to la liga if villarreal was is in the EPL now they will comfortably be battling for top 7

Get matters in context.

The Scottish premier league is a one league team. Celtic is far ahead of every other team winning everything consecutively for a decade or more essentially. Very much similar to the Bundesliga and somewhat like La Liga and Seria A. Just not the same quality.

Don't forget Celtic is where the World's most expensive if not best Defender has come from. Celtic at one stage sold thier best striker to Barcelona.

Rangers is not on the same level of Celtic by any stretch of the imagination.

So your proposition by comparison fails comprehensively.

My view remains the same, there are huge disparities of quality between different segments of the La Liga.

In this my purist view technicality will overcome physicality. However, but only when thier is considerably high level of quality technical players.

Otherwise you can use physicality, brute force, blood and guts garnished with pace and sheer doggednes to overcome skill and technicality.

In this regard Villareal are at bottom end of La Liga the dredges. Theu do not have the quality to overcome the tenacious, physicality, pace and physicality of the Championship. That's why they struggled over two legs to contend with lowly Glasgow Rangers which is more or less English league one level.

My biased but informed view remains the same, Villareal will struggle to overcome Swansea, Middlesbrough and Aston Villa if at all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:37pm On Apr 04, 2019
andrew444:

I don tell am e no go gree, No b Komekn?

If komekn get chance e go tell you say championship better pass laliga

The guy don tire me abeg

Him don forget say villareal na top club, just because they are battling relegation.

Should i give him the calibre of players in villareal?

Apart from the top 6 ,Villareal are better than the rest epl club

Villareal is even a better club than tottenham till this past few years that tottenham have been among the big boys and doing well.

One simple question ❓ why have they remained in the relegation zone all season.

Because the league NEVER LIES.

In football a season is a long time, two seasons history and three is for the ARCHIVES.

Look how at Sunderland in the space of two seasons from the EPL they are in league one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:54pm On Apr 04, 2019
cc12:
I think he got the U20 coaching job due to working under Pinnick when he was the coach of Warri Wolves

you see what man know man has caused....
he was never qualified for that job... the NFF should have leave amunike with that job or employ Finidi instead..... such role need someone who is good in scouting and discovering players.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5718) (5719) (5720) (5721) (5722) (5723) (5724) ... (16336) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Abusule007 and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.