Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,377 members, 7,861,038 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:51 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5722) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11928726 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5719) (5720) (5721) (5722) (5723) (5724) (5725) ... (16335) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:58pm On Apr 04, 2019
Icon4s:

Bravo!! This is the kind of commitment we need from those Foreign born players. Not all those ones that will be embarrassing the country up and down. Imagine rejecting English call up 5times because of naija.

A great future awaits you Adrian Akande Jare kiss. Welcome to the Green White Green.

the only problem and cog in the wheel of our football progress now...Is the lazy under 20 coach..... who is so lazy in scouting for talents.
someone like Samuel ought not to be in that team that slot should have been used to unearth another player of unique qualities...by so doing creating for us a pool of players....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:37pm On Apr 04, 2019
Humility017:

the only problem and cog in the wheel of our football progress now...Is the lazy under 20 coach..... who is so lazy in scouting for talents.
someone like Samuel ought not to be in that team that slot should have been used to unearth another player of unique qualities...by so doing creating for us a pool of players....

Paul is also scouting for U20 players and in due time u will see them. Also it hasn't been confirmed whether Chukwueze will be part of the U20 or AFCON yet.

Let's just observe the trend of things for the next few weeks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 04, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Apart from his right foot Samu needs to work on his finishing. He could score massive amounts of goals if he takes his time and picks his spot. Also he needs to begin work on dead balls because he is already a striker of the ball and that could really set him apart.

Dude played like a warrior against Barca. And from the looks of that game it looks like he's been working on using his right foot, imagine when he masters it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 6:03pm On Apr 04, 2019
If Rohr can't guarantee him of going to AFCON, it's better for him to play the U20 world cup

Humility017:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:21pm On Apr 04, 2019
This type na once in a blue moon. We may as well not approach any foreign born and see how many of them will turn down overtures from other countries.

Icon4s:

Bravo!! This is the kind of commitment we need from those Foreign born players. Not all those ones that will be embarrassing the country up and down. Imagine rejecting English call up 5times because of naija.

A great future awaits you Adrian Akande Jare kiss. Welcome to the Green White Green.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 6:25pm On Apr 04, 2019
Simmy Nwankwo keep shunning out great performances week in week out. Question: should he be invited?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:31pm On Apr 04, 2019
Taliban:

Ehen who in the current set up can hold his own again st Eguavoen, Iroha, Ukechukwu and even Nwanu. In those days it was tough for African players to get into the biggest sides in Europe. Those were the days of max 3 foreign players including EU countries in a team.I know you will counter me. But that was a great side from defense to attack and even bench sef. No wonder we were ranked 5th in the world at some point.

Taye Taiwo could bench Iroha. The Yobo I know in Everton will bench Equavoen the kunfu master while Taribo will bench Nwanu comfortablely.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:31pm On Apr 04, 2019
OMANBALA1:
Simmy Nwankwo keep shunning out great performances week in week out. Question: should he be invited?

Dt guy na deceit jare grin grin grin

Y b say na when we get one major tournament, d guy go begin perform.wonders undecided,I will still prefer dis trio of osimhen,Paul and ighalo(been d anointed striker) cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:38pm On Apr 04, 2019
komekn:

One simple question ❓ why have they remained in the relegation zone all season.

Because the league NEVER LIES.

In football a season is a long time, two seasons history and three is for the ARCHIVES.

Look how at Sunderland in the space of two seasons from the EPL they are in league one.

You have no clue bro ,look at how you are disgracing your self by judging a team in relegation zone,is that your point ?

Only top 6 Epl team are better than Villarreal take it or continue to be bias

When Chelsea came 10th in the Epl will you classify them at the level ?

I don talk am and I go talk am again ,for your mind championship better pass laliga .

I won't take you serious for now

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:40pm On Apr 04, 2019
Rockyrascal:
i disagree with u. The mid table and bottom table teams in laliga are not as competitive like the ones in the EPL. besides Villarreal is just having a bad season they have always been at top 7 in recent campaigns.

Thank you for telling people like komekn Villarreal is a big team ,dude keep on firing Villarreal because they have been struggling this season .

The mid table team in laliga are not competitive,yeah just as the mid table Epl team always disgrace their self in Europe

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:42pm On Apr 04, 2019
andrew444:

Thats why laliga is the best league in the world

Such team like Villarreal will be top 10 in the epl table

Take a look at useless clubs like fulham huddersfield town? and someone is telling me top seria B club will not beat those team?

Yes! They will even win EPL. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:44pm On Apr 04, 2019
forgiveness:

Taye Taiwo could bench Iroha. The Yobo I know in Everton will bench Equavoen the kunfu master while Taribo will bench Nwanu comfortablely.

Agreed about taiwo and yobo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:45pm On Apr 04, 2019
forgiveness:

Yes! They will even win EPL. grin

Good you know

If average Leicester can win Epl ahead of the so called big boys then anything Can happen

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 04, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Answer: No!!! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 04, 2019
forgiveness:

Uncle is Taiye in the current setup, Yobo never retire? And yes Yobo could play as a 2 but he was converted to a CB and that's where played majorly at Everton and of course the Eagles. But that said Taiye Taiwo, Taribo, Yobo were great players no doubt. My comments were on the current set up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 04, 2019
Mujtahida forgive me if I murdered the name. You must say something o. We have missed you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:17pm On Apr 04, 2019
Taliban:

Uncle is Taiye in the current setup, Yobo never retire? And yes Yobo could play as a 2 but he was converted to a CB and that's where played majorly at Everton and of course the Eagles. But that said Taiye Taiwo, Taribo, Yobo were great players no doubt. My comments were on the current set up.

Okay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 04, 2019
forgiveness:

Okay

Chairman how do you see that boy Chukwueze? Let me hear your thoughts about him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:19pm On Apr 04, 2019
Taliban:
Mujtahida forgive me if I murdered the name. You must say something o. We have missed you.
Heyyyy Bro. Loss of the passion jare. Maybe it's just a phase.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2019
Mujtahida:

Heyyyy Bro. Loss of the passion jare. Maybe it's just a phase.

wait ..... Wait........ Who am I seeing, ( pinch my ass, clean my face, collect two hot slap )

woah!!!!!! welcome back bro,
its beeeeeennnnnnn llllloooooopppnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:31pm On Apr 04, 2019
Taliban:

Chairman how do you see that boy Chukwueze? Let me hear your thoughts about him.

He still needs to perfect his dribbling in a pocket of space and try as much as possible not to lose possession.

I think he doesn't have that luxury of space to run at defenders in the la Liga as he did in the lower Liga. That's why whenever he is closed up he doesn't have idea on what to do next.

Anyway, there's room for improvement since he's still young but I don't want him to go down with Villarreal if they go down. He should move if a club comes calling.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:05pm On Apr 04, 2019
U20 is for young professionals...Messi was already signed and playing for Barcelona yet beat us in the final....Chukwueze is playing for a smaller club compared to Barcelona...ARGENTINA s Correa,Aguero,Columbia s Rodriguez,Quintero,etc were already first team players sef yet played in u20...

We need to win this u20 willy nilly...

Chukwueze is not the first to be shifted like that...i remember Kanu Nwankwo...after 1993 u17 triumph..Westerhof invited him to Super Eagles...then he went sent to u20...at a time Ajax blocked him from going to Mauritius 93...i think so..another player sent to u20 was Celestine Babayaro but Anderlect blocked him..If Samu can help us win the cup...why not? It is not an insult...look at the current german u20...they are all first team players in their Bundesliga clubs...playing for two to three season now while Samu just started playing la Liga this season...Samu has just played one friendly match for us..not even competitive game...HE MUST WIN U20 FOR US BEFORE WE CAN CALL HIM GREAT...

Maradona played u20
Messi played u20
Raul played u20
Mbappe played u20
why not Samu?
Even Rodriguez of Columbia played u20...

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:10pm On Apr 04, 2019
gamaliel9:
U20 is for young professionals...Messi was already signed and playing for Barcelona yet beat us in the final....Chukwueze is playing for a smaller club compared to Barcelona...ARGENTINA s Correa,Aguero,Columbia s Rodriguez,Quintero,etc were already first team players sef yet played in u20...

Chukwueze is not the first to be shifted like that...i remember Kanu Nwankwo...after 1993 u17 triumph..Westerhof invited him to Super Eagles...then he went sent to u20...at a time Ajax blocked him from going to Mauritius 93...i think so..another player sent to u20 was Celestine Babayaro but Anderlect blocked him..If Samu can help us win the cup...why not? It is not an insult...look at the current german u20...they are all first team players in their Bundesliga clubs...playing for two to three season now while Samu just started playing la Liga this season...Samu has just played one friendly match for us..not even competitive game...HE MUST WIN U20 FOR US BEFORE WE CAN CALL HIM GREAT...

Maradona played u20
Messi played u20
Raul played u20
Mbappe played u20
why not Samu?

Bros you make sense

But I said chuks should play for the eagles ,but that doesn't means he is bigger than u20

If person talk say him big pass u20 na there my argument go start

because fabregas and aguero played u20 World Cup twice ,while played for ATM and Arsenal

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:12pm On Apr 04, 2019
Emmanuel Dennis with a goal for club Brugge

Dude has been doing well sha

Naija get talents

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:15pm On Apr 04, 2019
Meanwhile Dennis is balling for Club Brugge against Anderlect..he scored the second goal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:23pm On Apr 04, 2019
andrew444:

Bros you make sense

But I said chuks should play for the eagles ,but that doesn't means he is bigger than u20

If person talk say him big pass u20 na there my argument go start

because fabregas and aguero played u20 World Cup twice ,while played for ATM and Arsenal

I just want the guy to have all the cups

u17 in the bag..i want him to win u20,u23,senior world cup sef..perhaps NIGERIA S ONLY PLAYER TO DO SO...This is an opportunity for him..It is not an insult...Aguero was a regular at Athletico Madrid AND WON HIGHEST GOAL SCORER at u20...IMAGINE
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:25pm On Apr 04, 2019
gamaliel9:

I just want the guy to have all the cups

u17 in the bag..i want him to win u20,u23,senior world cup sef..perhaps NIGERIA S ONLY PLAYER TO DO SO...This is an opportunity for him..It is not an insult...Aguero was a regular at Athletico Madrid AND WON HIGHEST GOAL SCORER at u20...IMAGINE

Agreed with all what you said

But I want him to play at afcon sha ,but I don't trust rohr
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:26pm On Apr 04, 2019
forgiveness:

Agreed without hesitation

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 04, 2019
gamaliel9:

Maradona played u20
Messi played u20
Raul played u20
Mbappe played u20
why not Samu?

Luiz Figo too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:42pm On Apr 04, 2019
Taliban:

Luiz Figo too

WHAT IS YOUR BRAND SIR? This guy is one of the biggest of them all... and with that precocious Rui Costa....football standard have really fallen....Rui Costa....kai

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:54pm On Apr 04, 2019
gamaliel9:

Maradona played u20
Messi played u20
Raul played u20
Mbappe played u20
why not Samu?

I'll love to see Samu with the eagles in Egypt but the truth is we need him more with the u-20 .. that's trophy is one major honour we really need to win and I have no doubt that Samu can help us get it..

I don't blame those who think he is too big to play for the u-20 though.. our football isn't developed to the extent that we will allow one of our best players join the cadet team...I mean if folks could clamour for the invitation of foreign born players from lower divisions like the league 1, why can't Samu also play for d eagles??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 04, 2019
gamaliel9:

WHAT IS YOUR BRAND SIR? This guy is one of the biggest of them all... and with that precocious Rui Costa....football standard have really fallen....Rui Costa....kai

Any pure water and groundnut will do sir. I appreciate it grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5719) (5720) (5721) (5722) (5723) (5724) (5725) ... (16335) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ddone, Eawwal(m), Franktom247(m), joelsteron, elyte89 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.