Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5723) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11784750 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5720) (5721) (5722) (5723) (5724) (5725) (5726) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 9:16pm On Apr 04, 2019
Icon79:
Safari, don't mind them! In my book, once a player starts playing for the senior national team there's no need to keep using him on the cadet teams ... unless it's the Olympic games (if we qualify). The essence of the cadet team is to develop/discover players for the senior team.

O pari

Abi o, I remember how they used Ahmed Musa then, the guy was playing U20, U23 and Super eagles all together grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:46pm On Apr 04, 2019
andrew444:

Agreed with all what you said

But I want him to play at afcon sha ,but I don't trust rohr

It could be difficult to take him to AFCON. Kalu Samuel, Onyekuru, Simon Moses and Ahmed Musa will be hard to be dropped for him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:58pm On Apr 04, 2019
forgiveness:

It could be difficult taking him to AFCON. Kalu Uche, Onyekuru, Simon Moses and Ahmed Musa will hard to to be dropped for him.

Kalu Uche Kwa grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:16pm On Apr 04, 2019
safarigirl:
wouldn't that be a massive gaffe on Rohr's part?

No it is not
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:30pm On Apr 04, 2019
Say whaaat?

Chukwueze's release clause higher than previously reported

AS.com

The Nigerian attacker, who was excellent against Barcelona, renewed his deal with Villarreal in the summer and his release clause was increased in the process.

Samu Chukwueze was one of the best players on display at La Ceramica on Tuesday night between Villarreal and Barcelona. The young Nigerian, who was named as the best youngster in his home country just days before, drove Barcelona defenders insane with his speed, dribbling ability and threat on goal.

Without doubt, he is one of the best emerging talents in LaLiga this season and it's not going unnoticed by scouts and agents.

The rumours of interest in the attacker are ramping up as Villarreal fans fear the worst. The only silver lining is that his release clause is much higher than previously reported and the club might be able to replace him if, and potentially when, he does leave the club.

Chukwueze release clause much higher than previously reported

Chukwueze renewed this past summer when he signed a professional deal with a release clause of €63 million, not the €40 million previously reported. They signed him for €500,000 and look set to land a massive financial windfall with some of the best clubs in Europe interested in his services.

He arrived 18 months ago to play in the youth team but outgrew his surroundings rather quickly and jumped up to the first team and has kept growing this season.

If he does leave for his release clause, it would be by far the most important sale in the club's history. As it stands, Eric Bailly is the most lucrative departure when he left for €40 million and just behind that deal was Cedric Bakambu to Beijing Guoan for €37 million.

© DIARIO AS, S.L. - Valentín Beato, 44 - 28037 Madrid [España] - Tel. 91 375 25 00

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:53pm On Apr 04, 2019
andrew444:

You have no clue bro ,look at how you are disgracing your self by judging a team in relegation zone,is that your point ?

Only top 6 Epl team are better than Villarreal take it or continue to be bias

When Chelsea came 10th in the Epl will you classify them at the level ?

I don talk am and I go talk am again ,for your mind championship better pass laliga .
The
I won't take you serious for now

I would not use the words " DISGRACING YOURSELF " in coming to a conclusion about Villarreal you must consider the descriptiive terms, present continous.

Since La Liga season has got to a start, Villareal have CURRENTLY, CONTINOUSLY, CONSISTENTLY, CONSPICUOUSLY, remained all season in the relegation zone.

What does that tell you ❓ They lack the quality to compete as well as the hard €€€ £££ to mix it with the big boys. I am sure they didn't spend anywhere near as much as Fulham Fc, that you compared them to erroneously.

You are misrepresentating my position with regards to the Championship. What l have said is that the lower segment of La Liga is on par or lower with the higher segment of the Championship.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:56pm On Apr 04, 2019
Danielnino00:

Kalu Uche Kwa grin

Hahahaha! Mistake. Samuel Kalu, I mean. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 11:14pm On Apr 04, 2019
Emmanuel Dennis with a goal today

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:18pm On Apr 04, 2019
Icon4s:

Paul is also scouting for U20 players and in due time u will see them. Also it hasn't been confirmed whether Chukwueze will be part of the U20 or AFCON yet.

Let's just observe the trend of things for the next few weeks.
okay oga Icon4s.
just pray the coach prove me wrong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:20pm On Apr 04, 2019
elyte89:

Dt guy na deceit jare grin grin grin

Y b say na when we get one major tournament, d guy go begin perform.wonders undecided,I will still prefer dis trio of osimhen,Paul and ighalo(been d anointed striker) cool
exactly bro...those 3 are better...
my only desire is for Mikel to make that team and then we are good to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 04, 2019
raindodger13:

Dude played like a warrior against Barca. I can't wait until he masters his right foot.

Has Messi mastered his right foot?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 05, 2019
Breaking News: Another African country takes a blow before AFCON

Amartey set to miss 2019 AFCON

Injured Black Stars centre-back, Daniel Amartey could be a doubt for the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) slated for Egypt in June with Leicester City manager, Brendan Rodgers, confirming his recuperation has been slower than expected.

Amartey sustained a horrific injury on his ankle during their premier league 1-1 home draw game against West Ham United last October, which has sidelined him for about six months now.

He subsequently underwent successful surgery after the injury and was billed to return in March, but the Leicester manager has confirmed that the season was over for the Leicester City defender.

“I’m unsure if he’ll be with us before the end of the season,” said Rodgers. “He is working hard, but we don’t have a timeline on that yet.”

Amartey joined the Foxes from Danish giants FC Copenhagen during the 2016 winter transfer window where he signed a five-year deal.

The player, whose season started on a flying note, got injured along the line and was ruled out for the most part of the season.

With the AFCON set to start in about two months, Ghana coach Kwasi Appiah will have to overlook the 24-year-old who is still recovering from the injury.

https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/SportsArchive/Amartey-set-to-miss-2019-AFCON-735820
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:48am On Apr 05, 2019
Let’s put sentiments aside Samu is good enough for AFCON. And he is not the kind of player to be satisfied in bench. There is no winger in the team now that is GUARANTEED to start ahead of him. That the kind of competiom we need in all the departments of our team.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 05, 2019
Joebie:
Let’s put sentiments aside Samu is good enough for AFCON. And he is not the kind of player to be satisfied in bench. There is no winger in the team now that is GUARANTEED to start ahead of him. That the kind of competiom we need in all the departments of our team.

Agreed without reservation. That performance against Barca ought to seal the deal for his inclusion.

On a side note, I’m also expecting Simy Nwankwo to once again gate crash his way into the squad like he did for the World Cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 1:36am On Apr 05, 2019
terzurum5:
Chukwueze, Michael To Join Flying Eagles For U20 World Cup (link: https://www.completesports.com/chukwueze-michael-to-join-flying-eagles-for-u20-world-cup/) completesports.com/chukwueze-mich…
Feel so sad seeing this...This Paul Aigboun is such a square peg in a round hole and one of the worst youth coach ever.There are multitude of great youth players in Nigeria and abroad within the age bracket that he could discover but mediocrity and sentiments was used in picking his team for the U-20 AFCON.That team despite qualifying for the U-20 World Cup is the worst Nigerian team I have seen play football and obviously meant he has no biz managing a youth team. If Amunike was sentimental,We won’t have Osimhen,Chukwueze,Nwakali,Michael,Orji and the rest of the talent pool elegible in this categories.Let the lazy ass coach go n discover new talents for us as he will NEVER win the U/20 World Cup with this his shitty team even he drafts Lionel Messi into his team.Chukwueze should only drop to the U-23 team if need be.The lad should be left outta this U-20 team.Paul Aigboun failed in his scouting and grooming of his team and he is looking for a quick remedy,let him go face his music at the World Cup and the world would see that he was never ahead of Finidi for this role he was handed!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:51am On Apr 05, 2019
eazyjakes:

Fell so sad seeing this...This Paul Aigboun is such a square peg in a round hole and one of the worst youth coach ever.There are multitude of great youth players in Nigeria and abroad within the age bracket that he could discover but mediocrity and sentiments was used in picking his team for the U-20 AFCON.That team despite qualifying for the U-20 World Cup is the worst Nigerian team I have seen play football and obviously meant he has no biz managing a youth team. If Amunike was sentimental,We won’t have Osimhen,Chukwueze,Nwakali,Michael,Orji and the rest of the talent pool elegible in this categories.Let the lazy ass coach go n discover new talents for us as he will NEVER win the U/20 World Cup with this his shitty team even he drafts Lionel Messi into his team.Chukwueze should only drop to the U-23 team if need be.The lad should be left outta this U-20 team.Paul Aigboun failed in his scouting and grooming of his team and he is looking for a quick remedy,let him go face his music at the World Cup and the world would see that he was never ahead of Finidi for this role he was handed!
Nobody is even saying he shouldn't be sentimental and include one or two of his boys, but when the entire team is trash, then we reserve the right to complain.

Aigbogun's U20 team is mediocre to the core.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 2:54am On Apr 05, 2019
safarigirl:
Nobody is even saying he shouldn't be sentimental and include one or two of his boys, but when the entire team is trash, then we reserve the right to complain.

Aigbogun's U20 team is mediocre to the core.
How we pay lip service to sensitive issues as the choice of a youth team coach is befuddling yet we want to wake up and win big tournaments like d AFCON and the world cup. These things comes down to small details like a good youth team coach that will increase our talent pool from which our chances to win at these tourney increase massively.same goes to the the mediocre playing surface we have all over the country....Mosques abroad have lush green grasses outside just for spectacle yet we bring professional footballers to come play in mediocre pitches cos of politics....absolutely crazy!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:33am On Apr 05, 2019
Someone is unhappy with Aigbogun training.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 5:04am On Apr 05, 2019
tbaba1234:
Someone is unhappy with Aigbogun training.
Even if u use sentiment to get a job,a time will com wen u must prove your abilities...I concur wit d original writer,whoever has made Nigeria a laughing stock despite our huge potentials in various fields,it shall never be well with them!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:36am On Apr 05, 2019
forgiveness:

It could be difficult to take him to AFCON. Kalu Samuel, Onyekuru, Simon Moses and Ahmed Musa will hard to to be dropped for him.

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:04am On Apr 05, 2019
eazyjakes:

Feel so sad seeing this...This Paul Aigboun is such a square peg in a round hole and one of the worst youth coach ever.There are multitude of great youth players in Nigeria and abroad within the age bracket that he could discover but mediocrity and sentiments was used in picking his team for the U-20 AFCON.That team despite qualifying for the U-20 World Cup is the worst Nigerian team I have seen play football and obviously meant he has no biz managing a youth team. If Amunike was sentimental,We won’t have Osimhen,Chukwueze,Nwakali,Michael,Orji and the rest of the talent pool elegible in this categories.Let the lazy ass coach go n discover new talents for us as he will NEVER win the U/20 World Cup with this his shitty team even he drafts Lionel Messi into his team.Chukwueze should only drop to the U-23 team if need be.The lad should be left outta this U-20 team.Paul Aigboun failed in his scouting and grooming of his team and he is looking for a quick remedy,let him go face his music at the World Cup and the world would see that he was never ahead of Finidi for this role he was handed!

Can you please drop names of good players that are eligible for the U-20 team?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:38am On Apr 05, 2019
forgiveness:

Can you please drop names of good players that are eligible for the U-20 team?
i know you will come defend the lazy ass coach....
can't he scout for players all the academies around the country ?
was it not his mate that discovered awoniyi, nancho and others....?
what is topping him from harnessing nigeria foreign born all over the world and scouting good nigeria academies
for talents.... you can't tell me he won't find reasonable lads and as well infuse the foreign born into the team

The coach is clueless that's it there were many qualified men that would have done the job better
peeps like ogunbote, maikaba, finidi etc....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:40am On Apr 05, 2019
forgiveness:

It could be difficult to take him to AFCON. Kalu Samuel, Onyekuru, Simon Moses and Ahmed Musa will be hard to be dropped for him.
i don't think so... currently i will prefer him over Henry....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:45am On Apr 05, 2019
komekn:

I would not use the words " DISGRACING YOURSELF " in coming to a conclusion about Villarreal you must consider the descriptiive terms, present continous.

Since La Liga season has got to a start, Villareal have CURRENTLY, CONTINOUSLY, CONSISTENTLY, CONSPICUOUSLY, remained all season in the relegation zone.

What does that tell you ❓ They lack the quality to compete as well as the hard €€€ £££ to mix it with the big boys. I am sure they didn't spend anywhere near as much as Fulham Fc, that you compared them to erroneously.

You are misrepresentating my position with regards to the Championship. What l have said is that the lower segment of La Liga is on par or lower with the higher segment of the Championship.
The problem with you is that your mindset and reasoning when it comes to football is so parochial and limited
so sorry i said that... i mean no insults, you have said it severally that you watch mainly only the english football because you live in england then instead of you learn and be humble enough to let others who are more broad and holistic in the matters of football teach you with their vatse football knowledege you begin to act as if the little knowledge you have defines all....

how well do yo know of the spanish and other european countires leagues and football? obviously Andrew and many here know better than you but probably you know english football than them. Football is beyond the few english leagues you know, learn bro

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:08am On Apr 05, 2019
Humility017:

what is topping him from harnessing nigeria foreign born all over the world and scouting good nigeria academies
for talents.... you can't tell me he won't find reasonable lads and as well infuse the foreign born into the team

The coach is clueless that's it there were many qualified men that would have done the job better

Defend him for what?

This is U-20 team not U-17 team you have to start scouting from kindergarten academic teams. So, there should be decent players in a major league or second division that have acquired little experience enough to play at the the U-20 level which I don't know because I have not been monitoring players these days. That's the reason I asked him if he knows a better player so that we can start putting them into light here since we were told NFF officials are here

I would have come hard on you but I will forgive you today hoping you restrict your tribalistic views to yourself.

The next time you try this again you will hate yourself. I hope you understand.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:22am On Apr 05, 2019
forgiveness:

Defend him for what?

This is U-20 team not U-17 team you have to start scouting from kindergarten academic teams. So, there should be decent players in a major league or second division that have acquired little experience enough to play at the the U-20 level which I don't know because I have not been monitoring players these days. That's the reason I asked him if he knows a better player so that we can start putting them into light here since we were told NFF officials are here

I would have come hard on you but I will forgive you today hoping you restrict your tribalistic views to yourself.

The next time you try this again you will hate yourself. I hope you understand.

Today is friday, i wanna have a cool weekend please, odn't wanna have any e-fight today.
but still from my post/comment what was my offence Mr. Fighter?

if you are employed for the Job you will do better because that will be your means of livelihood.

you will put in so much commitment into it, many in the academics are still within the age of 18-19 years old. michael just called into the team was discovered in like manner, can't he do same ?

This man is a round peg in a square hole, it won't fit
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 9:26am On Apr 05, 2019
Humility017:

Have Ogunbote and Maikaba handled any youth team before

I remember how people was praising Aigbogun as Enyimba boss calling him saying that he had western refined way of thinking

Three months later the same people are calling for his head

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 9:27am On Apr 05, 2019
Humility017:

I remember how people was praising Aigbogun as Enyimba boss calling him saying that he had western refined way of thinking

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:28am On Apr 05, 2019
Just take the warming seriously because any direct confrontation directed at me for no just reason could lead to aggressive retaliation. Be warned. Thanks in advance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:31am On Apr 05, 2019
Earthquake2:

Ogunbote has won much in his lifetime compared to the under 20 coach...

what has Aigbogun won all his life?
mind i doubted his employment right from the onset because when you see a serious person you will know...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 9:36am On Apr 05, 2019
Humility017:

Ogunbote has won much in his lifetime compared to the under 20 coach...

what has Aigbogun won all his life?
mind i doubted his employment right from the onset because when you see a serious person you will know...

Winning trophies does not guarantee being a good youth team coach

Ogunbote you are vouching will be torn apart by the likes of you if he starts to falter as a youth coach
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 9:49am On Apr 05, 2019
Just saw this video on youtube, dude is phenomenal, if he continues this way and improves on it, God knows.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfRtLRhjriA

5 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5720) (5721) (5722) (5723) (5724) (5725) (5726) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Iview1, Kingjite1 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.