Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,670 members, 7,851,278 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:19 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5733) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11870963 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5730) (5731) (5732) (5733) (5734) (5735) (5736) ... (16251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:42pm On Apr 06, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

Make I comot Ajayi too?! Cos I grouped them together!

Iheanacho is going to AFCON, mark my Words.

Right now Iheanacho going to the afcon is 50-50 If he can score a few goals before d season ends then he will be back in contention. And if Osimhen is drafted to the u-23 again,then Nacho spot would be guaranteed...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 12:44pm On Apr 06, 2019
Danielnino00:

Right now Iheanacho going to the afcon is 50-50 If he can score a few goals before d season ends then he will be back in contention. And if Osimhen is drafted to the u-23 again,then Nacho spot would be guaranteed...

grin

I agree without any iota of doubt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:01pm On Apr 06, 2019
Earthquake2:

Rohr rates players based on their performance in the SE

As far as Samu has not done those things in the SE, Rohr will not rate him better than the players he has currently

You get the point.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:06pm On Apr 06, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

Nothing gonna stop Iheanacho from making the List except Injury. It's between Onuachu and Osimhen, either of them gonna be dropped. It's likely for Onuachu to get the Nod over Osimhen, cos I expect the latter to partake in the AFCON U23.

There is NO CONTEST between its a simple choice one that is proven, established and consistent over a number of seasons. And add to that VERY EFFECTIVE.

Just one handicap with Onuachu he has no PACE.

Osimhen this is his first season in first team football essentially, is he the top striker of the somewhat lower Belguim league❓ That's expecting too much, is he then one of the top 5 strikers in the league. No he is not, he is doing good but he has not set the league on FIRE, yet. Great potential but a lot more work to be done.

Essentially he is an average good young striker in the Belguim league.

Onuachu is within the top 5 in his much lower league but he brings so much more to the team. Hold up play, presence, vision, Aerial dominance, etc.

IMO l see Onuachu's name signed sealed and delivered to the SE for this AFCON.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:12pm On Apr 06, 2019
Earthquake2:
Wow wow wow my man, my man, my man!!

Ndidi battles Mane, Vardy and Sterling for EPL player of the month Award

Nigeria midfielder, Wilfred Ndidi has been nominated for the Premier league fans Player of the Month Award for the month of March.
The Leicester City man will battle Manchester City’s Raheem Sterling and Everton’s Lucas Digne for the award.
Ndidi Leicester City’s teammate Jamie Vardy, Sadio Mane of Liverpool and Crystal Palace fullback Aaron Wan-Bissaka are also in the race for the award.
The 22-year-old has been ever-present in the midfield for the Foxes this season and he has been present in the team since joining Leicester from Belgian side, RC Genk.
Ndidi has completed the most tackles in the Premier League and has scored twice from 32 appearances for the Foxes this season.

https://www.brila.net/ndidi-battles-mane-vardy-and-sterling-for-epl-player-of-the-month-award/

Ndidi the only world class player we have after obi mikel

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 1:14pm On Apr 06, 2019
komekn:

There is NO CONTEST between its a simple choice one that is proven, established and consistent over a number of seasons. And add to that VERY EFFECTIVE.

Just one handicap with Onuachu he has no PACE.

Osimhen this is his first season in first team football essentially, is he the top striker of the somewhat lower Belguim league❓ That's expecting too much, is he then one of the top 5 strikers in the league. No he is not, he is doing good but he has not set the league on FIRE, yet. Great potential but a lot more work to be done.

Essentially he is an average good young striker in the Belguim league.

Onuachu is within the top 5 in his much lower league but he brings so much more to the team. Hold up play, presence, vision, Aerial dominance, etc.

IMO l see Onuachu's name signed sealed and delivered to the SE for this AFCON.

grin

Agreed without reading it all!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 1:15pm On Apr 06, 2019
andrew444:

Ndidi the only world class player we have after obi mikel

He should advise his junior brother in the Leicester dressing room
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:15pm On Apr 06, 2019
Danielnino00:
I expect Mikel to make the AFCON list ...and also retire after the tournament..

For somebody that broke into the national team in 2005, he should have up to a hundred caps now... but sadly injuries and some unseriousness in the early stage of his career (VicMo type ) prevented that...

Apart from injuries self

Africa players dey hardly reach 100 caps

Dider drogba clocked 100 caps at age 36 after 12 years

Musa might be the next 100 cap player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 1:16pm On Apr 06, 2019
Guys, a player not carrying a Nigerian passport can't play for the national team of Nigeria. Thus, they are not Nigerian players. Stop mentoning eze, aribo, onomah, etc., as Nigerian players as long as they can't wear our jersey at the slightest request. Do you guys know how many French players are of African descent. That did not make them players of those countries automatically.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:17pm On Apr 06, 2019
Earthquake2:

He should advise his junior brother in the Leicester dressing room

Advice wetin ?

You don forget most naija man mentality ?

Person dey earn 70k you want make 35k advice am ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:19pm On Apr 06, 2019
Oasis007:
grin

Andrew444..... Are you a supporting Striker?! LMAO!

Lol

Funny you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:23pm On Apr 06, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

Well, it's all down to Rohr and his backroom Staff. He knows the Players, he knows what he needs, I just hope and pray he selects the best Legs for the Eagles.

Shalom.
Salaam.

I just checked our mildfield now and I discovered only Ndidi is a DM while Ogu and Etebo are CM. That's why we need a decent DM to deputise for Ndidi.

After going through players that fits into the role I discovered Ajayi has a better stats in this current season in that particular role. He has scored 7 goals in that particular role while Mikel Agu and Anderson Esiti have 1 and zero goals respectively.

Besides, Mikel Agu is currently nursing injury. I think Semi has advantage over them due to his versatility.

In addition, we still need a decent CM in the mold of Mikel Obi but if he's not available Rohr should go for Eze.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 1:26pm On Apr 06, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Better bro! Make we forget hype and face facts. If you are an ardent follower of the exploits and performance of our midfielders in Europe this correct campaign azubuike okechukwu will not make the top five list.

Anderson esiti of recent is doing very well in the Belgian league, freide who is oshimeh's team mate in Belgium though a German youth teamer on loan from hertha Berlin have been doing pretty well so far in the Belgian league, the much maligned Mikel agu have been a steady performer in the colors of Victoria serubal, igbekeme is a delight to watch in the Spanish 2nd tier, Abdul zubairu have been massive for rijeka for the past 2 seasons, then the likes of ndidi, Mikel and etebo are in a different world so I see no reason why players like azubuike will be mentioned here as a solution to our problematic midfielder or even as a possible replacement for John obi Mikel! I didn't even mention the likes of qpr's ebere Eze and Charlton's rave of the moment Joe aribo is is courting interest from the likes of Arsenal, spurs, Frankfurt and benfica

Sir, if your mentioned players (zubairu & igbekeme)are so good, they would have worn the Super Eagles jersey by now. Azubuike is a delight to watch. A mobile defensive Midfielder, with good passing range & interception. Go back & watch the last u23 afcon and the olympics, then the Egypt vs Nigeria afcon qualifier we lost.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:27pm On Apr 06, 2019
forgiveness:

Except Rohr wants to be sacked then he can drop Mikel.
If Mikel is ready,nothing is stopping him cos i don’t see any better midfielders.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 1:30pm On Apr 06, 2019
zoboizee:

Sir, if your mentioned players (zubairu & igbekeme)are so good, they would have worn the Super Eagles jersey by now. Azubuike is a delight to watch. A mobile defensive Midfielder, with good passing range & interception. Go back & watch the last u23 afcon and the olympics, then the Egypt vs Nigeria afcon qualifier we lost.

Azubuike is trash

He could not even perform against Libya U23

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 1:30pm On Apr 06, 2019
forgiveness:

I just checked our mildfield now and I discovered only Ndidi is a DM while Ogu and Etebo are CM. That's why we need a decent DM to deputise for Ndidi.

After going through players that fits into the role I discovered Ajayi has a better stats in this current season in that particular role. He has scored 7 goals in that particular role while Mikel Agu and Anderson Esiti have 1 and zero goals respectively.

Besides, Mikel Agu is currently nursing injury. I think Semi has advantage over them due to his versatility.

In addition, we still need a decent CM in the mold of Mikel Obi but if he's not available Rohr should go for Eze.

grin

Egbon try to be a Realist for once. Rohr has shut door for any new Invitee, and it's future impossible tense..... Expecting Eze to make the AFCON List.

He should be vying for Shirt at the U20 level.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:33pm On Apr 06, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

Egbon try to be a Realist for once. Rohr has shut door for any new Invitee, and it's future impossible tense..... Expecting Eze to make the AFCON List.

Shut door on new invitee?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 1:38pm On Apr 06, 2019
Earthquake2:

Azubuike is trash

You are not being sincere. This guy was the captain of bayelsa united & Nigeria u23 team to the last afcon & Olympics. And still the captain of the current one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:38pm On Apr 06, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

I know Rohr is not going to invite that boy. Then it's better he brings Mikel Obi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 1:39pm On Apr 06, 2019
Kog45:
Shut door on new invitee?

grin

Yeah..... He's not gonna invite any new player (s) till after AFCON.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:39pm On Apr 06, 2019
And I doubt if you made out time to follow the progress the duo of igbekeme and zubairu have made for the past 2 seasons. Zubairu is a diminutive box to box midfielder, with a lot of energy and good range of passes. No need to argue with you because you don't follow his exploits during the Europa league qualifiers and group stages.

Igbekeme on his on path have been a revelation is the Spanish 2nd tier and have caught the eyes of few La Liga teams who intend to sign him in the summer and mind you he just joined Zaragoza from the Portuguese 2nd tier.

If azubuike is good as hype in this forum he would have atleast been an integral part of the current super eagles set and as well would have caught rohr's eyes at the last Olympics where the likes of Imoh and a few others who performed well were at aleast given a chance to train with the senior national team.

Your azubuike can only smell the super eagles if his fortune changes by performing better than the midfielders in our disposal or siasia and his likes are hired to take over the team
zoboizee:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 1:40pm On Apr 06, 2019
forgiveness:

I know Rohr is not going to invite that boy. Then it's better he brings Mikel Obi.

grin

I hope he brings Mikel as well, but I doubt it. it's all gonna be cleared soon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 06, 2019
I laugh at the people saying ihenacho will make AFCON I LAUF in Spanish okereke will make AFCON ahead of nacho

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:44pm On Apr 06, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

I hope he brings Mikel as well, but I doubt it. it's all gonna be cleared soon.

He will receive the stick if he fails woefully.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:44pm On Apr 06, 2019
And so? Why is he yet to be invited by Rohr to the national team if he is that good as hyped here always? Why have no decent team atleast in Belgium taken a gamble in him rather he ran to egypt cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
zoboizee:

You are not being sincere. This guy was the captain of bayelsa united & Nigeria u23 team to the last afcon & Olympics. And still the captain of the current one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:44pm On Apr 06, 2019
Earthquake2:

Azubuike is trash

But he did well during the Olympic o

Hope you remember then sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 1:53pm On Apr 06, 2019
Every coach have is type of players for his style of play. Nigeria's coach like to soak pressure then hit on the counter attack. Rohr's midfielders are slow, deviod of creativity & sleek interchange of forward passes. His victories so far has drown all these obvious weaknesses. Eagles have flair no more.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 1:54pm On Apr 06, 2019
sheyishemba:
I laugh at the people saying ihenacho will make AFCON I LAUF in Spanish okereke will make AFCON ahead of nacho

Sadly, I see the dinosaur picking Iheanacho again..

We can only hope he doesn't. Osimhen and Onuachu are far better options. We have no use for a professional footballer who struggles to trap the ball.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 1:58pm On Apr 06, 2019
zoboizee:
Every coach have is type of players for his style of play. Nigeria's coach like to soak pressure then hit on the counter attack. Rohr's midfielders are slow, deviod of creativity & sleek interchange of forward passes. His victories so far has drown all these obvious weaknesses. Eagles have flair no more.

You can only use what you have. You can't have carpenter Ndidi, Ogu and Etebo in your midfield and expect flair. Right now, only Mikel (and rarely Iwobi) is capable of doing anything close to being described as flair in that midfield. The rest are only destroyers and kick and rush players.

We simply lack talented personnel in the midfield department. It's not Rohr's fault.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 2:06pm On Apr 06, 2019
forgiveness:

He will receive the stick if he fails woefully.

grin

Nothing new...... Coz he's being receiving it since we were ousted from the World Cup!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:14pm On Apr 06, 2019
Danielnino00:

The U23 game is not clashing with the AFCON. So Osimhen joining the U23 team cannot affect his chances of being in the AFCON. Even if there is anything it is likely going to boost his chances of being in the AFCON just like as in the Libya 4-0 game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:40pm On Apr 06, 2019
Context remains the SE. I don’t think ALL the current wingers are great. So saying none can be dropped paints a misleading picture.
komekn:

Put Onyekuru in Villareal and in La Liga and what do you think will happen.

Put Onyekuru in Everton in the EPL and he will in my opinion be largely anonymous.

Put Chukwueze in Galatasaray and do you think he would be more effective than Onyekuru.

Without doubt both players ate outstanding talents one who has done a lot more than the other and has played 2/3 seasons of competitive football.

When you change the team dynamics as well as league and club. You may not necessarily get the same result you had before.

Chukwueze is on a. PHENOMENONAL RISE but this is his first season admittedly with great promise.

How you manage your career at this stage will determine success or failure. Not too long ago people were comparing KC to Aguero, Gabriel even Mbappe. Now all had been exposed to show his true capacity.

The same goes for Isaac Success lots of Hype he will scatter the EPL etc. What is the result a comprehensive WASTE, 3 seasons in the EPL and what can we say?? ❓

So Chukwueze has to be managed very carefully with the right choices. With development the over riding consideration not £££€€€.

But whether he plays Afcon or U20 is irrelevant young players go in any out of junior team yo senior team until they are established. In England Tega Abrahams played for England but now playing U21.

In any case he has limited time to play in the U20 he will be 20 next month.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5730) (5731) (5732) (5733) (5734) (5735) (5736) ... (16251) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zuchyblink(m) and 18 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.