Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,217 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5807) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11655421 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5804) (5805) (5806) (5807) (5808) (5809) (5810) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:36pm On Apr 19, 2019
darkelf:

This guy is comparable to Klavan/Lovren. They are one of the worst Liverpool defenders in the last decade or sooo.

Don't mind the fool

Lol

But I think lovren is a good player bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:40pm On Apr 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
The kid is obviously talented but the hype is getting too much and I pray it doesn't affect his development. Even onyekuru who have been massive in the Turkish league doesn't get the attention and hype samu is getting. He should remain with Villarreal if they escape relegation to gain more playing time which will aid his development

God bless you for this statement bro

Yes samu is good but make we cool down sha

Some people self dey berate onyekuru just because he is playing in turkey but they are quick to forget this dude is just 21 and no work permit for him to play in the Epl yet

Even if onyekuru will not start at Everton ,I can give you 7 Epl clubs that he will start and he might even be their main man

Villarreal won't be relegated i have said that earlier

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:42pm On Apr 19, 2019
darkelf:

Should we win the League (I'm a Liverpool fan by the way), Virgil Van Digk deserves the award more.

Had it not being for VVD, may of our matches would end in draws and we may not have been in contention for the Premiership trophy nor would we have gotten to the Semis

Do you mean Epl player of the year ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 5:44pm On Apr 19, 2019
darkelf:

The way they are hyping this boy now ehn....

Hmmm...make I no talk before they tag me hater. Should this guy flop in AFCON after taking him there, some fans for here go call for him head

This is not a matter of hyping without substance. Considering those he is in direct competition for a place for in the squad, he deserves a place on merit. No?

Wether he performs there or not we won't know until we know.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
By Ojeme on bluemoon forum:

With regards to the Aguero offside, i've no idea if he was or wasn't offside, at the crucial moment, (when it left Bernardo's right leg), so far they have failed to show the correct freeze frame, merely an earlier moment before the ball touched Bernardo, and Aguero was moving back towards being onside.

Somehow they managed to show Mane with the brightly coloured lines to demonstrate he was onside in the other semi, and that was broadcast at half time.Where is the picture with the lines on, that the VAR official ruled on?

Nothing will change the outcome, my issue is not with using VAR, but with using it correctly, and following their own directive's!!

This one just made me weak. The VAR guys....

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 5:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
The kid is obviously talented but the hype is getting too much and I pray it doesn't affect his development. Even onyekuru who have been massive in the Turkish league doesn't get the attention and hype samu is getting. He should remain with Villarreal if they escape relegation to gain more playing time which will aid his development

What or where exactly is the hype. Please share some quotes.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:47pm On Apr 19, 2019
Ajax Favourite To Land Nigeria U17 Star Akinkunmi Amoo Despite Interest From Anderlecht

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:50pm On Apr 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Hype is inevitable when a player is doing what Samu is doing at the highest level at his age. Most of the hype is coming from la liga and spanish fans. I even saw a spanish fan who put Samu in his team of the season.

It is about how a player deals with hype. Messi was hyped as a kid, Iniesta was hyped as a kid, Ibrahimovic was hyped as a kid. They kept their focus.

I doubt Samu will be in Villarreal next season whether they survive or not.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 5:53pm On Apr 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Ajax Favourite To Land Nigeria U17 Star Akinkunmi Amoo Despite Interest From Anderlecht

Sauce? cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:53pm On Apr 19, 2019
andrew444:

Lol

But I think lovren is a good player bro

No, he is not

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:57pm On Apr 19, 2019
And what about those that were hyped but could meet up to expectations? No one is arguing the fact that samu is hugely talented but all I am saying is he shouldn't allow that get to his head and remaining with Villarreal if they remain in laliga will be the best career decision he has to make for now
tbaba1234:

Hype is inevitable when a player is doing what Samu is doing at the highest level at his age. Most of the hype is coming from la liga and spanish fans. I even saw a spanish fan who put Samu in his team of the season.

It is about how a player deals with hype. Messi was hyped as a kid, Iniesta was hyped as a kid, Ibrahimovic was hyped as a kid. They kept their focus.

I doubt Samu will be in Villarreal next season whether they survive or not.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 5:59pm On Apr 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
And what about those that were hyped but could meet up to expectations? No one is arguing the fact that samu is hugely talented but all I am saying is he shouldn't allow that get to his head and remaining with Villarreal if they remain in laliga will be the best career decision he has to make for now

The safest decision true but unable to tell if the best until it's all played out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:00pm On Apr 19, 2019
oga reason like man abeg. whether you like it or not these players you mentioned have what messi can only dream to have but can't have it which is a world cup winning medal.

messi can be or is currently barca's greatest ever but you dare not say that he is the greatest to the hearing of the argentines. messi had achieved alot to be regarded as the best ever to play the round leather game but for him actualize that he has to ink his name among the footballing legends argentina have produced by winning atleast the copa america for his nation. like i told you earlier go youtube

Earthquake3:

Ok Iniesta, Mueller that won the world cup should have won the Ballond'or
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:01pm On Apr 19, 2019
darkelf:

No, he is not

Lol ,e be like say I go agree with you

I was think he is better than Matip
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2019
wayodude:

Sauce? cheesy

starch and banga soup, with dried catfish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:08pm On Apr 19, 2019
Who is Jude ihiekwe that scored for Rotterdam today ?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:09pm On Apr 19, 2019
nigerian
andrew444:
Who is Jude ihiekwe that scored for Rotterdam today ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:12pm On Apr 19, 2019
Ten Hag (Ajax current manager is a Guardiola disciple and a former colleague of Guardiola at Bayern Munich)

In 2013, having spent his entire career in Holland, he moved abroad to work with the master of management.

At Bayern Munich, Ten Hag cut his coaching teeth with the reserves while watching closely as Pep Guardiola revolutionised the German giants’ style.

“Every day I get to work with him, I look forward to it. He inspires me,” Ten Hag gushed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8881298/guardiola-erik-ten-hag-amsterdam-van-gaal-cruyff-ajax/amp/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:13pm On Apr 19, 2019
My admiration of the man just multiplied.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:

In this social media age, hype is inevitable. It is up to Samu and his handlers to manage it.

Going to a bigger club might not be bad for him. There is no guarantee that staying put is good. It is all about him rising up to the challenge. Perhaps, he might be a superstar in real madrid or Bayern next season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:29pm On Apr 19, 2019
andrew444:

God bless you for this statement bro

Yes samu is good but make we cool down sha

Some people self dey berate onyekuru just because he is playing in turkey but they are quick to forget this dude is just 21 and no work permit for him to play in the Epl yet

Even if onyekuru will not start at Everton ,I can give you 7 Epl clubs that he will start and he might even be their main man

Villarreal won't be relegated i have said that earlier

Which clubs❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 6:31pm On Apr 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
oga reason like man abeg. whether you like it or not these players you mentioned have what messi can only dream to have but can't have it which is a world cup winning medal.

messi can be or is currently barca's greatest ever but you dare not say that he is the greatest to the hearing of the argentines. messi had achieved alot to be regarded as the best ever to play the round leather game but for him actualize that he has to ink his name among the footballing legends argentina have produced by winning atleast the copa america for his nation. like i told you earlier go youtube

Oga it's like you hate Messi, Messi has done everything to be done in football phenomenally except winning national team trophy, he has even won highest individual trophy in national team football which is world cup best player

What do you want him to do? coach his national team, C. Ronaldo that you are supporting only won 1 national team trophy despite not playing in its final

If Ballond'or is awarded by National team trophy, Fabregas, Iniesta and Muller who have won multiple national trophies should be scooping multiple awards not Ronaldo

Abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:31pm On Apr 19, 2019
andrew444:

Lol ,e be like say I go agree with you

I was think he is better than Matip

No. His mistakes during his active seasons cost us many matches and are still fresh in my memory
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 6:43pm On Apr 19, 2019
Clementoke:
The Highly feared and revered Senegalese under 17 team is currently struggling and now needs an outright win against group leaders Cameroon to stand any chance of qualifying for the Semifinals and the World Cup. The race is certainly not to the Swift. Selah
Initial gragra. chai.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 6:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
Forgiveness this is for you

Peter Olayinka Nigerian Striker with one of the WORST records in Europe

Nigeria’s Peter Olayinka couldn’t help Slavia Prague avoid elimination on Thursday in the Europa League at the hands of Chelsea as they fell 4-3 on the night and 5-3 on aggregate in the quarter-final.
Olayinka came on as a second half substitute and though the Czech Republic side dominated the second 45 minutes, the forward fired blank making his 9th appearance in the competition this season.
In fact, Olayinka might have one of the worst records as a striker in Europe’s club competitions, in the last four seasons.

The 36 Lions FC Youth Academy product has made 20 appearances in total in Europe’s continental club competition since 2015/16; a total of 1288 minutes, but, he has failed to register a goal.

https://www.brila.net/unlucky-nigerian-striker-with-one-of-the-worst-records-in-europe/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 6:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
andrew444:

He will win Tottenham because they are playing at home

I want to ask a question

Why do all Epl teams hate mancity ?

When city was playing Tottenham everybody was against city ,you would nearly mistake city for Barca if you don't know who is playing ,I almost forget it was 2 English team that's playing

Is it because he won the league last season or what ?

Almost all Epl teams are seeing city as Barca ,they see it as Barcelona in Epl

I am very sure that all the English pundit that wants all English final didn't pray for it to be mancity

If mancity win the league again I think the hate will increase ,they are insulting him that he can't even win the champions league with city ,so dem dey forbid others English team to win champions league abi ?

If Epl team fails to win this season champions league I will put them in the level of Czech Republic league .
He said the epl is overrated, or inferred such. cant really rem which way he did it. Said Bundesliga is tougher too. His manner of saying it made me disgusted with him ever since. He is a good coach of the game. But that made him look down on the epl.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 6:48pm On Apr 19, 2019
Make I hear Olayinka for your mouth again grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:

I've been thinking about this myself. He was even signing autographs not too long ago. Not that there's anything wrong with that but when you're 19 and have the exposure that he's been having lately you can get distracted and I've seen some instances where care was not taken and people careers took major side tracks.
Make he focus dilligently on making the right choices for his career and improving his talent. The sky is the limit for him, what he did against Barcelona and Real Madrid are just a glimpse of what he could be. Nothing against him, us Nigerians are still proud of him.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:50pm On Apr 19, 2019
Taliban:

Since soccer match no dey and you dey house, then equation Don balance, there can still be MATCH.

Tah! Mind ya business grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:54pm On Apr 19, 2019
Clementoke:
The Highly feared and revered Senegalese under 17 team is currently struggling and now needs an outright win against group leaders Cameroon to stand any chance of qualifying for the Semifinals and the World Cup. The race is certainly not to the Swift. Selah

Even if Sengal beats Cameroon, if Guinea beats or draw Morocco, Senegal are out.

That is typical of Senegal. They usually hold so much promise but disappoint when it matters most.

This is one major reason I wouldn't tip Senegal to win the 2019 AFCON.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:00pm On Apr 19, 2019
daveP:
He said the epl is overrated, or inferred such. cant really rem which way he did it. Said Bundesliga is tougher too. His manner of saying it made me disgusted with him ever since. He is a good coach of the game. But that made him look down on the epl.

You meant pep said all this? pep wey no dey talk or critisize, I doubt he said so bro, But if he did its wrong

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:00pm On Apr 19, 2019
Earthquake3:
Forgiveness this is for you

Peter Olayinka Nigerian Striker with one of the WORST records in Europe

Nigeria’s Peter Olayinka couldn’t help Slavia Prague avoid elimination on Thursday in the Europa League at the hands of Chelsea as they fell 4-3 on the night and 5-3 on aggregate in the quarter-final.
Olayinka came on as a second half substitute and though the Czech Republic side dominated the second 45 minutes, the forward fired blank making his 9th appearance in the competition this season.
In fact, Olayinka might have one of the worst records as a striker in Europe’s club competitions, in the last four seasons.

The 36 Lions FC Youth Academy product has made 20 appearances in total in Europe’s continental club competition since 2015/16; a total of 1288 minutes, but, he has failed to register a goal.

https://www.brila.net/unlucky-nigerian-striker-with-one-of-the-worst-records-in-europe/

His assist qualified them to face Chelsea.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5804) (5805) (5806) (5807) (5808) (5809) (5810) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kennysville(m), ThanosKilla(m), Silentgroper(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.