Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,550 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5808) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11657357 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5805) (5806) (5807) (5808) (5809) (5810) (5811) ... (16148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:05pm On Apr 19, 2019
komekn:

Which clubs❓

Na here your eye go stand.

Fulham
Cardiff
Southampton
Brighton
Burnley
Newcastle United
AFC Bournemouth

How many wingers in this club are better than onyekuru, maybe 2 , Players like nathan redmond ,Dude will start in all this teams i mentioned easily

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 19, 2019
andrew444:

You meant pep said all this? pep wey no dey talk or critisize, I doubt he said so bro, But if he did its wrong

Lol, you don't know Pep. You no see when he told the Man City lockeroom "Sit down! Have some wine and relax!" grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 19, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

His assist qualified them to face Chelsea.

And a mere assist is supposed to compensate for a horrible record grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 7:32pm On Apr 19, 2019
andrew444:

Fulham
Cardiff
Southampton
Brighton
Burnley
Newcastle United
AFC Bournemouth

How many wingers in this club are better than onyekuru, maybe 2 , Players like nathan redmond ,Dude will start in all this teams i mentioned easily

Onyekuru will start in all Pl teams except Man city Liverpool and Tottenham

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 7:32pm On Apr 19, 2019
andrew444:

Fulham
Cardiff
Southampton
Brighton
Burnley
Newcastle United
AFC Bournemouth

I will add Huddersfield, Watford and Leicester to that

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2019
Earthquake3:

Onyekuru will start in all Pl teams except Man city and Liverpool

Not for the top 6 he won't IMHO

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 7:34pm On Apr 19, 2019
wayodude:

Not for the top 6 he won't IMHO

Hudson Odoi and Iwobi are starting for top 6 teams

Onyekuru is better than Iwobi as a winger

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2019
Earthquake3:

Hudson Odoi and Iwobi are starting for top 6 teams

Onyekuru is better than Iwobi as a winger

I think Odoi has 3 starts in the premier League of 34 games played ...not my definition of a starter. I also have my reservations on the assumption that Onyekuru is better than him.

What percentage of premier League games has Iwobi started for arsenal this season. I will be surprised if he has started half.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:44pm On Apr 19, 2019
Ajax Favourite To Land Nigeria U17 Star Akinwunmi Amoo Despite Interest From Anderlecht

Dutch giants Ajax Amsterdam have stole a march on their rivals in the race to sign Nigeria U17 wing wizard Akinwunmi Amoo, Owngoalnigeria.com understands.

Amoo was reportedly on the wishlist of teams including English Premier League side Arsenal but Ajax have reportedly made the first move to sign the 16 year old who came to prominence at the NPFL/LaLiga U15 Championship two years ago.

Belgium side Anderlecht registered their interest in signing the forward but it is believed that Ajax has the better deal on the table and their track records with young players also gave them an edge in the battle to sign him.

Amoo is expected to pay a visit to the Amsterdam arena after the Africa U17 Cup of Nations where he has already won one man of the match award with two games played and Nigeria winning both. Anderlecht are however not giving up on his chase.

Although he can’t sign professional terms until he turns 18, he will train with the youth team of Ajax for a year before turning 18 if the move goes through as the club will want him to get use to the club before his transfer formally becomes official.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/04/19/ajax-favourite-to-land-nigeria-u17-star-akinkunmi-amoo-despite-interest-from-anderlecht/

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 7:47pm On Apr 19, 2019
wayodude:

I think Odoi has 3 starts in the premier League of 34 games played ...not my definition of a starter. I also have my reservations on the assumption that Onyekuru is better than him.

What percentage of premier League games has Iwobi started for arsenal this season. I will be surprised if he has started half.

Iwobi has started more than half of Arsenal's games and Onyekuru is better than Hudson Odoi, he's even better than the current Pedro on the bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:49pm On Apr 19, 2019
andrew444:

Kolasinac power player ,he made bundesliga team of the year in his last season at shakle 04 and they came 8th ,that says a lot ,it's just like a Leicester city player making Pfa team of the year

Sokratis is good also

Do you mean Arturo Vidal ?
hey bro...am talking about their bad-boyism...toughness and thuggishness... not their playing skills
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:51pm On Apr 19, 2019
safarigirl:

What are you talking about? Whose boys are soft?

You've so easily forgotten how Iwobi, Ndidi and Balogun nearly beheaded Feghouli in Algiers during our WC Qualifiers?

Who you dey call soft? Make any of these African players catch our guys outside, you go know who soft.
wow...you ignited my memory, but what if they encountered a more bigger fellow ...this is Africa for Gods sake.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:04pm On Apr 19, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Sure. He's jumping, his arm is by his side, it's not outstretched... yeah, it's accidental. But I thought IFAB had determined that accidental handballs that lead to a goal would be punished with a free kick ...

They did, albeit with certain caveats. In fact, one of the law changes says that it's a free kick if "a player gains control/possession of the ball after it touches their hand/arm and then scores or creates a goal-scoring opportunity." Another one says it's a free kick if "the ball goes into the goal after touching an attacking player's hand/arm."

Llorente's situation was between the two scenarios. The ball touched his arm, but then it hit his hip as well before going into the goal. And you can't really say he gained control of the ball after the touch with the arm, but he did benefit from it as it then hit his hip. The thing to remember is that what you just read is irrelevant here; these rules will apply from next season

From your article, it is clear the person is dribbling around the fact. The point is simple. Llorente's accidental handball led to a goal and should not stand. Simple.

The bolded said it all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 19, 2019
Leave Samuel Chukwueze and his surrounding hype. Samuel Chukwueze plays in the La Liga and the Europa league, therefore it is the Spanish media responsible for all the news you hear about him all over the place. We are only repeating their sentiments here. If they were not discussing him in Spain he'll be like every other player.

Onyekuru is not as discussed/hyped simply because it's the Turkish league, it doesn't have as much popularity and stuff. Coupled with that, Galatasaray didn't do very well in the champions league when they had the chance.

Discussing or hyping a player from now till tomorrow will not derail a player's career; He will still wake up early tomorrow to do his morning drills and train with his teammates.
What will derail his career are his decisions and work ethics.

On the side, many of us need to understand that hyping is in fact part of the business, it's like showbiz.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:05pm On Apr 19, 2019
mostob:
hey bro...am talking about their bad-boyism...toughness and thuggishness... not their playing skills

Oh okay bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:06pm On Apr 19, 2019
Earthquake3:

Iwobi has started more than half of Arsenal's games and Onyekuru is better than Hudson Odoi, he's even better than the current Pedro on the bench

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:06pm On Apr 19, 2019
wayodude:

I will add Huddersfield, Watford and Leicester to that

Do I didn't mention Huddersfield,i forget

Na me just leave watford and Leicester out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:07pm On Apr 19, 2019
Earthquake3:

Onyekuru will start in all Pl teams except Man city Liverpool and Tottenham

Not all bro but many

I don't want to be too fast

No hyping
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:07pm On Apr 19, 2019
mostob:
wow...you ignited my memory, but what if they encountered a more bigger fellow ...this is Africa for Gods sake.
a bigger fellow?

Show me a bigger fellow than the trio of Balogun, Ogu and Uzoho in any African team to start with. In fact, if sh-it hits the fan, nobody is taller than Onuachu grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:07pm On Apr 19, 2019
raindodger13:

Lol, you don't know Pep. You no see when he told the Man City lockeroom "Sit down! Have some wine and relax!" grin

Lols
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 8:19pm On Apr 19, 2019
forgiveness:

grin

Hudson Odoi is an overrated English kid

Imagine if Onyekuru was English with 50 goals in 100 appearances

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:35pm On Apr 19, 2019
iSlayer2:
Leave Samuel Chukwueze and his surrounding hype. Samuel Chukwueze plays in the La Liga and the Europa league, therefore it is the Spanish media responsible for all the news you hear about him all over the place. We are only repeating their sentiments here. If they were not discussing him in Spain he'll be like every other player.

Onyekuru is not as discussed/hyped simply because it's the Turkish league, it doesn't have as much popularity and stuff. Coupled with that, Galatasaray didn't do very well in the champions league when they had the chance.

Discussing or hyping a player from now till tomorrow will not derail a player's career; He will still wake up early tomorrow to do his morning drills and train with his teammates.

On the side, many of us need to understand that hyping is in fact part of the business, it's like showbiz.

Thank you Sir. Football is big business...hyping is part of strategy to increase worth of players...media does it...if the spanish press is not talking about him...do not surprised that some of us here will accuse them of racism and slavery and fill this forum with quotations and sources of how Spain enslaved blacks, conquered Latin Americans and Mexico...even the their church men..they will cite THE VALLADOLID CONTROVERSY...and so on...anybody looking at body language of Chukwueze should know that he is very very serious with his career. A team mate at Villarreal once testified that he has never seen a young player train like him...HE HARDLY GOES TO PARTY AND HE TRAINS ALONE SOMETIMES WHEN OTHERS ARE FLEXING
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:38pm On Apr 19, 2019
Earthquake3:

Leave that Hudson odoi

Say that one na player ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:42pm On Apr 19, 2019
iSlayer2:

Spanish media no dey hype bro ,dem dey talk facts if dem talk

Imagine if Vinicius junior is English ?

Samu ?

Na we dey talk about samu here

Spanish media knows he is a young good player in laliga Bt they don't have time to be hyping

Imagine what Hudson odoi has turned to that even Bayern wanted to pay 40 million euros for him ,can you imagine ? An unproven player for that matter

Make we leave matter jare

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:43pm On Apr 19, 2019
mostob:

E be like say you want make we get bouncer for super eagles abi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2019
andrew444:

Spanish media no dey hype bro ,dem dey talk facts if dem talk

Imagine if Vinicius junior is English ?

Samu ?

Na we dey talk about samu here

Spanish media knows he is a young good player in laliga Bt they don't have time to be hyping

Imagine what Hudson odoi has turned to that even Bayern wanted to pay 40 million euros for him ,can you imagine ? An unproven player for that matter

Make we leave matter jare

The only player hyped by the English press that turned out to be something was Rooney, others were trash

Imagine as the English press were hyping Barkley calling next Lampard
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:55pm On Apr 19, 2019
Earthquake3:
Forgiveness this is for you

Peter Olayinka Nigerian Striker with one of the WORST records in Europe

Nigeria’s Peter Olayinka couldn’t help Slavia Prague avoid elimination on Thursday in the Europa League at the hands of Chelsea as they fell 4-3 on the night and 5-3 on aggregate in the quarter-final.
Olayinka came on as a second half substitute and though the Czech Republic side dominated the second 45 minutes, the forward fired blank making his 9th appearance in the competition this season.
In fact, Olayinka might have one of the worst records as a striker in Europe’s club competitions, in the last four seasons.

The 36 Lions FC Youth Academy product has made 20 appearances in total in Europe’s continental club competition since 2015/16; a total of 1288 minutes, but, he has failed to register a goal.

https://www.brila.net/unlucky-nigerian-striker-with-one-of-the-worst-records-in-europe/

I didn't follow him this season but I saw the highlight of the match he played against Seville and I saw both matches against Chelsea, I can tell you he played a bigger part in those games.

In the first leg against Chelsea, he caused them lots of problems with his movements and passes as soon as he moved to the wings.

In the second leg, he came on in the second half and created lots of space for others to score. There was a chance he created that could had made them leveled the game but unfortunately the player fell eventhough he had only the keeper to beat.

The truth is, he played mostly as a winger in most of those games and he is known for given assists than scoring goals.

Peter is not a selfish player and he is better a team player.

The conclusion is Peter Olayinka is best utilize as a winger though a utility player.

I am not holding any brief for him anyway.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:55pm On Apr 19, 2019
andrew444:

E be like say you want make we get bouncer for super eagles abi
Lolz....not really but football no dey go with gentility again...u need to add a bit thuggery...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:57pm On Apr 19, 2019
safarigirl:
a bigger fellow?

Show me a bigger fellow than the trio of Balogun, Ogu and Uzoho in any African team to start with. In fact, if sh-it hits the fan, nobody is taller than Onuachu grin
hmm ...lemme use style agree with u sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:57pm On Apr 19, 2019
Earthquake3:

The only player hyped by the English press that turned out to be something was Rooney, others were trash

Imagine as the English press were hyping Barkley calling next Lampard

Bro Raheem sterling is something else now o

Dude is now world class since the arrival of pep o

I have always insulted Raheem sterling and call him a waste 49 million pounds due to his headless checking style and no end product,but sorry bro since pep ,dude is one of the best in his position in Epl if not the best

Barkley is an average player ,even a mad man knows that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 8:59pm On Apr 19, 2019
andrew444:

Bro Raheem sterling is something else now o

Dude is now world class since the arrival of pep o

I have always insulted Raheem sterling and call him a waste 49 million pounds due to his headless checking style and no end product,but sorry bro since pep ,dude is one of the best in his position in Epl if not the best

Barkley is an average player ,even a mad man knows that

British media didn't hype Sterling good for him grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:00pm On Apr 19, 2019
Earthquake3:

odoi? overrated?..I beg to disagree bro. He might not be world class but this guy is good

(1) (2) (3) ... (5805) (5806) (5807) (5808) (5809) (5810) (5811) ... (16148) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kayburner, charlesemeka85(m), TheGoodJoe(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.