Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,292 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5821) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11655820 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5818) (5819) (5820) (5821) (5822) (5823) (5824) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:13pm On Apr 22, 2019
forgiveness:

Obviously, you didn't follow Onazi from the Lazio youth team to the first team. He was an attacking midfielder in the youth team before he was converted to CM in the first team.

Lazio never wanted him to go despite some clubs in the EPL and Werder Bremen coming after him.

I think he went to Turkey for money.

What money ?

Is it same onazi that isn't earning more than 25k euros weekly ?

No Epl clubs came after him bro or German ,trabzonspor is then offer he got ,no be same onazi wey dey reason to join Birmingham city ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:20pm On Apr 22, 2019
forgiveness:

We want to see Guardiola win trophies with teams like Napoli, Monaco, Arsenal etc until then, he is hype man.

He didn't want to win the Championships league yet he was scratching his bald head as if lapalapa dey dere wen Tottenham dey beat am. Bhuhahahah grin

Guardiola always want to win the champions league but it has not been easy with mancity

He is one of the best coach in the world and many people are jealous of his achievements

They said he won champions league with the help of Messi ,apart from Luis Enrique why didn't others Barcelona coaches win the champions league with the help of Messi if it's easy

Stop being sentimental ,you would have said he should go and win champions league with Fulham

You Epl fan boys are the hype man and confused people, e dey pain una say him use mancity win league easily last season seems una say e no fit suceed for England

The only coach that I will rate after guardiola is klopp

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:25pm On Apr 22, 2019
forgiveness:

Liverpool were ready to cough £8m for Onazi. Even Everton wanted him but he wanted to be loyal to the club that gave him the platform to succeed.

I remember I called him mumu den because of his decision.

lol it seems you work with Liverpool and Everton

All this your allnigeriasoccer news

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 22, 2019
Daninya111:
Kelechi Nwakali still stranded in Nigeria.

Case study on how a lack of seriousness will hamper a budding career even with all the talent in the world. This guy is a clown.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:26pm On Apr 22, 2019
edi287:

He is but still has a long way to go...

I do not agree that Ndidi has a long way to go. What he does already at the moment is top class. Leading the whole of Europe in breaking up play.

There are always things to improve upon but he is not that far away.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:26pm On Apr 22, 2019
Daninya111:
Kelechi Nwakali still stranded in Nigeria.

What's the reason of him being stranded in Nigeria ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:57pm On Apr 22, 2019
I no come argue with u cus from the first day I joined this forum your sense of judgment is way off. Whether u like it or not onazi no fit lace ndidi's boot currently and if onazi is good as u are insinuating here I see no reason to run off to trapzonspor when they are decent clubs to join in serie A. As for ur claim that onazi turned down a move to Liverpool because of loyalty to Lazio that is blatant lie.

If u can rate Olayinka as eagles best winger I am also not surprised u rating onazi ahead of ndidi who is shunning out good performances week in week out in the epl and currently rated as one of the young dm in Europe this season
forgiveness:

Obviously, you didn't follow Onazi from the Lazio youth team to the first team. He was an attacking midfielder in the youth team before he was converted to CM in the first team.

Lazio never wanted him to go despite some clubs in the EPL and Werder Bremen coming after him.

I think he went to Turkey for money.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:04pm On Apr 22, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin angry
andrew444:

lol it seems you work with Liverpool and Everton

All this your allnigeriasoccer news
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:08pm On Apr 22, 2019
Leave mk em dey sell us Bobo juice here. If he had offers he wouldn't have settled with trapzonspors who at a point in time were owing players salaries lol. Since he has been in the Turkish league why haven't he atleast attracted interest from the likes of Galatasaray, fenebache and besiktas?

Garagara no be say I Sabi ball abeg
andrew444:

What money ?

No Epl clubs came after him bro or German ,trabzonspor is then offer he got ,no be same onazi wey dey reason to join Birmingham city ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:14pm On Apr 22, 2019
sheyishemba:

bro it is right
no major news outlet carried the news, neither did NFF twitter handle
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:00pm On Apr 22, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:02pm On Apr 22, 2019
andrew444:

Ighalo have better goal ratio than world class hulk

Ighalo have 42 league goals in 61 games in china

While hulk have 32 goals in 62 games

and your t some keep dissing him here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:03pm On Apr 22, 2019
tbaba1234:

I do not agree that Ndidi has a long way to go. What he does already at the moment is top class. Leading the whole of Europe in breaking up play.

Thank you for this

We should also not forget that dude is still 22, any player at that age is still learning.

Ndidi is one of the best DM in africa along side Gana Gueye and co
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:04pm On Apr 22, 2019
do4luv14:

and your t some keep dissing him here

No mind them

Na because of world cup,like say na the only bad player for world cup

If no b say musa score 2 sweet goals against iceland, now wey musa dey saudi him own don finish for this thread

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 3:17pm On Apr 22, 2019
UEFA Coefficient for reference purposes

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:23pm On Apr 22, 2019
tbaba1234:

He is among the top tacklers on the EPL But with regards to breaking up play and or interceptions that's a different attribute and I don't know where you got that statistic from. Or how you have come to thar deduction.

It's those little things that make the difference between being World class and let's say top class.

Ndidi has a limited passing range and his ability to change the direction of the game offensively may be put to question.

Some of these attributes may be difficult or much harder to express in a team like Leicester. However, Ngolo Kante was able to do it and that's why the creme de La creme of Europe's top clubs are still queuing up to get his signature.

Ndidi is learning and is on an upward progression but with a lot to do before he can be called World class. In addition it is not alway about statistics.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:42pm On Apr 22, 2019
komekn:

He is among the top tacklers on the EPL But with regards to breaking up play and or interceptions that's a different attribute and I don't know where you got that statistic from. Or how you have come to thar deduction.

It's those little things that make the difference between being World class and let's say top class.

Ndidi has a limited passing range and his ability to change the direction of the game offensively may be put to question.

Some of these attributes may be difficult or much harder to express in a team like Leicester. However, Ngolo Kante was able to do it and that's why the creme de La creme of Europe's top clubs are still queuing up to get his signature.

Ndidi is learning and is on an upward progression but with a lot to do before he can be called World class. In addition it is not alway about statistics.

Thou i am already calling him world class

But i agreed with almost all what you said

Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:45pm On Apr 22, 2019
andrew444:

How many Seria A defensive midfielders are discipline?

You don forget say na Italy be master for gra gra ?

Onazi should still be in Seria A at his age ,I don't know why someone will leave a better league and go to turkey at the age of 24 then .

Onazi played mostly as a CM in Italy.

If you think Seria A teams are not discipline, it's up to you.

Onyekuru left a better Belgium league for Turkey. What do you have to say about that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
komekn:

In the last few seasons, Ndidi has one of the highest stats in breaking up play. This means tackling, interceptions etc...

Makalele and Kante did not have to do much else to be considered world class. Put Ndidi in a team with ambition and you will see his value.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:50pm On Apr 22, 2019
Onyekuru plays for the biggest club in Turkish football and not only that have so far distinguished himself in his first season there. Attracting the likes of bayern and co is testament to the wonderful season he is having so far. If u are in turkey but not playing for one of the 3 top teams in Turkish football which are fene, gala and besiktas then u re not to be counted among the best

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:51pm On Apr 22, 2019
Onyekuru plays for the biggest club in Turkish football and not only that have so far distinguished himself in his first season there. Attracting the likes of bayern and co is testament to the wonderful season he is having so far. If u are in turkey but not playing for one of the 3 top teams in Turkish football which are fene, gala and besiktas then u re not to be counted among the best
forgiveness:

Onyekuru left a better Belgium league for Turkey. What do you have to say about that?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:54pm On Apr 22, 2019
forgiveness:

See onazi is not a bad player, he is a DM who also score goals but ndidi edge him out

Concerning onyekuru, he was loaned not that he joined permanent, At least i can say galatasaray is bigger than Anderlecht at the moment, and we know work permit issues made him playing there.

If onazi is playing for besiktas i dont think i will have the mouth to even argue this with you

Lazio to trabzonspor is a big step back, lazio is a big team, if na sassuolo ,genoa or those epl small teams onazi dey, e for better

But what do i know? na the offer wey him see be that

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:54pm On Apr 22, 2019
Ndidi is just 22 and have enough room for improvement. Since he joined Leicester he has played consistently till date and not only that have been Favourite to the coaches who have took charge of Leicester till date. That means he is doing something right
tbaba1234:

In the last few seasons, Ndidi has one of the highest stats in breaking up play. This means tackling, interceptions etc...

Makalele and Kante did not have to do much else to be considered world class. Put Ndidi in a team with ambition and you will see his value.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:58pm On Apr 22, 2019
forgiveness:

correction henry left a better belgium for england before being loaned 2 a club in turkey

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:59pm On Apr 22, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Ndidi is just 22 and have enough room for improvement. Since he joined Leicester he has played consistently till date and not only that have been Favourite to the coaches who have took charge of Leicester till date. That means he is doing something right

Agreed

85 epl games in about 2 and half seasons no b beans

He almost started all games

dude has started 33 this season in 35 games he played those 2 he didnt started he wanted to be rested but red card and injury to a player made them sub him in the first half of those games

The most consistent naija player in the epl is joseph yobo, Ndidi is next.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:59pm On Apr 22, 2019
andrew444:

What money ?

Oga! I followed Onazi from the youth cadet of Lazio. So, I know clubs from EPL and Werder Bremen came for him. That was when he was seeing enough game time at 21. Keita Baldé was promoted to the first team then.

Birmingham came for him when he was 24. It was during the time he had injury and a new coach took over.

He didn't see enough games for two good seasons that was after he decided to snub offers and extended his contract with Lazio the season before those two seasons.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:00pm On Apr 22, 2019
chrisooblog:
correction henry left a better belgium for england before being loaned 2 a club in turkey

Lols

Thank you jare

At least i am trying to say its a loan

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:06pm On Apr 22, 2019
forgiveness:

Oga! I followed Onazi from the youth cadet of Lazio. So, I know clubs from EPL and Werder Bremen came for him. That was when he was seeing enough game time at 21. Keita Baldé was promoted to the first team then.

Birmingham came for him when he was 24. It was during the time he had injury and a new coach took over.

He didn't see enough games for two good seasons that was after he decided to snub offers and extended his contract with Lazio the season before those two seasons.

Onazi is good my argurment is that ndidi is better than him

Onazi will start at those epl small teams if he is there

I am glad he didnt join Birmingham because to me its a step down

I have always seen lazio as a big club

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:06pm On Apr 22, 2019
tbaba1234:

ndidi's stats rank up there with the best the only thing he is lacking compare to his mate in top six teams is passing. But whether is tackling interceptions you name it he is one of the best
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:08pm On Apr 22, 2019
charlesemeka85:
agree with no reservation whatsoever

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:10pm On Apr 22, 2019
chrisooblog:
ndidi's stats rank up there with the best the only thing he is lacking compare to his mate in top six teams is passing. But whether is tackling interceptions you name it he is one of the best

Is Mattéo Guendouzi better than him?

Just asking
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:16pm On Apr 22, 2019
andrew444:

See onazi is not a bad player, he is a DM who also score goals but ndidi edge him out

Concerning onyekuru, he was loaned not that he joined permanent, At least i can say galatasaray is bigger than Anderlecht at the moment, and we know work permit issues made him playing there.

If onazi is playing for besiktas i dont think i will have the mouth to even argue this with you

Lazio to trabzonspor is a big step back, lazio is a big team, if na sassuolo ,genoa or those epl small teams onazi dey, e for better

But what do i know? na the offer wey him see be that

Onazi played mostly as a CM in Seria A though Trabzonsport converted him to a DM but I think he is better a CM.

I have not compared him and Ndidi until now because I know Ndidi is far better than him as a DM but if you want to see the best of Onazi, play him in his favourite position.

Lazio to Trabzonsport is a step backward. Agreed but the truth remains that he snubbed EPL and Werder Bremen for Lazio.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5818) (5819) (5820) (5821) (5822) (5823) (5824) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 100smile(m), Shegzdave, lordofstrings, tomsniel(m), Sugarboyy(m), Danielnino00(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.