Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,264 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5823) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11655640 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5820) (5821) (5822) (5823) (5824) (5825) (5826) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:02pm On Apr 22, 2019
chrisooblog:
I hope you know barcelona had gone trophyless before pep join them. You mention Messi that every argentina coach has failed to win a trophy with as if it's that easy

Pep won 14 trophies with barcelona since he left no coach has match that record.

he went to germany also broke records most consecutive wins, earliest time winning a title

Came to england most league points, most consecutive wins, most goals scored

He achieved all of this yet all of you people are still not satisfied

Which trophyless? Where you expecting Barcelona to win the la Liga for life without a break? grin

Barcelona still lost the league under his nose. The guy tear race commot for Spain. grin

Messi and Eto won him trophies. grin

Bayern Munich were world championships before Guardiola took over. Nothing special. grin

He lost in his first season in EPL. Man City was winning trophies before he came. No big deal. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 22, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Explain?

Nwakali is very good. I watched him play virtually all his minutes during the World Cup. Then he was noticeably a head and shoulders above the other boys, with his composure and excellent technique. I thought this was genuinely one for the future (watching one tough game he took a direct freekick into the net). After the tournament Arsenal and other top clubs came for him. Deservedly so, I thought, for all that potential,

Fast forward today, where's Kelechi Nwakali?! Somehow he can't seem to get back to his club Porto B (where he's not cutting it) since the U23 game. What's that. about 2 weeks now? And the club and especially the coach will welcome you back happily?!
Potential with no work ethics whatsoever, career heavily derailed. I'm sorry for the young man, Many will be stunned when he ends up in Sweden division 6.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:08pm On Apr 22, 2019
iSlayer2:

Nwakali is very good. I watched him play virtually all his minutes during the World Cup. Then he was noticeably a head and shoulders above the other boys, with his composure and excellent technique. I thought this was genuinely one for the future (watching one tough game he took a direct freekick into the net). After the tournament Arsenal and other top clubs came for him. Deservedly so, I thought, for all that potential,

Fast forward today, where's Kelechi Nwakali?! Somehow he can't seem to get back to his club Porto B (where he's not cutting it) since the U23 game. What's that. about 2 weeks now? And the club and especially the coach will welcome you back happily?!
Potential with no work ethics whatsoever, career heavily derailed. I'm sorry for the young man, Many will be stunned when he ends up in Sweden division 6.

You can't blame him for not being able to fly out the country. He is not immigrations.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 22, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

You can't blame him for not being able to fly out the country. He is not immigrations.

No excuses. There were 30+ players who flew in to execute the U23 and Senior team matches. They've all reported back to their various clubs. Somehow the Immigrations has stopped just him from getting back. Very poor. I ask myself if he has like a personal manager or agent that keeps him (and his career) in line.

Absolutely no excuses.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:22pm On Apr 22, 2019
andrew444:

But at least Spain is better than Epl that's my major concern

No big coach will win the league with those club

Leicester won the league shows how weak the Epl was then

I can't imagine mancity being in a league and Leicester will emerge the winner

Even Cr7 will not join a second grade team as a player let alone pep

Give pep 300 million and he will win the league with a small club

Should I remind you how much Manchester United have spent and has not won the league

Pep is the best coach in the world at the moment then I will call klopp

Mourinho is out of service at the moment

That's why EPL is most interesting and most unpredictable league in the world. Unlike, the two horse race league in La Liga and the one horse race leagues in Bundesliga, ligue 1 anf Seria A. Very predictable and boring leagues.

EPL is the only league that has more than 3 teams that have won the UEFA champions League.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:35pm On Apr 22, 2019
Victor Osimhen with a goal!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:41pm On Apr 22, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

I disagree.

When you leave a country, you have to make sure that the papers for your return are complete. Mikel Obi could not come for a super eagles friendly because his work permit in China had expired. He knew that if he came, he would have found it hard to return. The renewal of his work permit was more important.

Other players like Kelechi John based in Portugal have returned. It is inexcusable that Nwakali is still in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:43pm On Apr 22, 2019
iSlayer2:

No excuses. There were 30+ players who flew in to execute the U23 and Senior team matches. They've all reported back to their various clubs. Somehow the Immigrations has stopped just him from getting back. Very poor. I ask myself if he has like a personal manager or agent that keeps him (and his career) in line.

Absolutely no excuses.

So you are saying he decided to stay back on his own? How come his club is not complaining? Do u think if it were his fault the club would just take it like that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:43pm On Apr 22, 2019
Danielnino00:

which Liverpool wanted to cough out £8m for Onazi? grin

What's ur source? ..it better not be those Nigerian sport blogs that.like carrying rumours

There's no smoke without fire. It was real.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 22, 2019
Osimhen scores his twelfth of the season.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2019
tbaba1234:

I disagree.

When you leave a country, you have to make sure that the papers for your return are complete. Mikel Obi could not come for a super eagles friendly because his work permit in China had expired. He knew that if he came, he would have found it hard to return. The renewal of his work permit was more important.

Other players like Kelechi John based in Portugal have returned. It is inexcusable that Nwakali is still in Nigeria.

Why are neither of his clubs not taking your stand? All you are doing is speculating.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

So you are saying he decided to stay back on his own? How come his club is not complaining? Do u think if it were his fault the club would just take it like that?

I said so? That he has decided to stay back on his own?

Are you a lawyer?

Those leagues have less coverage here. Many of the time we can only guess what's happening.
Asides that, he's an U23 player and not even a regular for starters. At worst he's thrown out of matchday squad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:51pm On Apr 22, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Why are neither of his clubs not taking your stand? All you are doing is speculating.

There is no speculation here. The only reason, Kelechi can't travel is that something is missing in his documentation.. He should have known this and either set things right before he came or not come at all if it will take a long time. All other professionals that came for the game are back at their base.

It is simply unacceptable.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:51pm On Apr 22, 2019
forgiveness:

That's why EPL is most interesting and most unpredictable league in the world. Unlike, the two horse race league in La Liga and the one horse race leagues in Bundesliga, ligue 1 anf Seria A. Very predictable and boring leagues.

EPL is the only league that has more than 3 teams that have won the UEFA champions League.

Spain is a 2 horse race ask me why ?

because Barcelona and Madrid are extra good than the others

But Epl Na small thing una use pass una self ,the so called big boys dey look Leicester win Epl for una eyes

If pep dey Epl then Leicester can never win the Epl

It was pochetino chance then but he blew it

Yes Epl has more than 3 teams than has won the uefa champions league ,but say na dem win am pass ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 22, 2019
Did you know?

Osimhen who was deemed not physically fit at Wolfsburg and Club Brugge now plays virtually every minute for Charleroi. Irony cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:03pm On Apr 22, 2019
Our u-23 game against Sudan will take place in Yenagoa.. .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2019
andrew444:

Spain is a 2 horse race ask me why ?

because Barcelona and Madrid are extra good than the others

But Epl Na small thing una use pass una self ,the so called big boys dey look Leicester win Epl for una eyes

If pep dey Epl then Leicester can never win the Epl

It was pochetino chance then but he blew it

Yes Epl has more than 3 teams than has won the uefa champions league ,but say na dem win am pass ?

But in EPL 6 teams are equally good. Can you spot the difference? grin

We know who will win La Liga, Ligue 1, Seria A and Bundesliga next season? Can you tell you make such prediction for EPL?

Even this season is not sure for Man City or Liverpool.

Only Barcelona and Madrid are carrying that la Liga.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:07pm On Apr 22, 2019
iSlayer2:
Did you know?

Osimhen who was deemed not physically fit at Wolfsburg and Club Brugge now plays virtually every minute for Charleroi. Irony cheesy

a very big IRONY,

and he seems to be banging in the goals tooo......

OSIMHEN must go Afcon, infact, he is already on the plane

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:08pm On Apr 22, 2019
Danielnino00:
Our u-23 game against Sudan will take place in Yenagoa..

which date is the game slated for
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:09pm On Apr 22, 2019
forgiveness:

We know who will win La Liga, Ligue 1, Seria A and Bundesliga next season? Can you tell you make such prediction for EPL?

usually wait till December, before anyone could predict it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:12pm On Apr 22, 2019
forgiveness:

How many Epl teams are better than atletico Madrid or Sevilla?

Please name them ?

As far as I am concerning only 3 Epl teams are good to me at the moment .

Why can't those 6 Epl teams carry England for the past years ?

Donna ordinary 2 teams dey worry England top 6 ?

But why are you disrespectful to others teams apart from Barca and Madrid

Have you forgotten how Sevilla won the Europa league 3 times in a roll ? Beating Liverpool in the final

Atletico has been better than all English team in Europe on the past 5 years so please show some respect
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:24pm On Apr 22, 2019
andrew444:

How many Epl teams are better than atletico Madrid or Sevilla?

Please name them ?

As far as I am concerning only 3 Epl teams are good to me at the moment .

Why can't those 6 Epl teams carry England for the past years ?

Donna ordinary 2 teams dey worry England top 6 ?

But why are you disrespectful to others teams apart from Barca and Madrid

Have you forgotten how Sevilla won the Europa league 3 times in a roll ? Beating Liverpool in the final

Atletico has been better than all English team in Europe on the past 5 years so please show some respect

Liverpool, Manchester city, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal etcetera.

I am not disrespecting other teams. I am just telling you what is on ground.

We know the teams that drop to the Europa League failed in the UEFA champions League at the group stages.

Top EPL teams hardly drop to the Europa League.

Atletico is not bad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 7:26pm On Apr 22, 2019
forgiveness:

You’re just an EPL fan boi. Compare the diffrent past winner over d last 20 years in both league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:27pm On Apr 22, 2019
do4luv14:

usually wait till December, before anyone could predict it

Exactly! But we who go win am for other leagues. Boring leagues. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:28pm On Apr 22, 2019
forgiveness:

Liverpool, Manchester city, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal etcetera.

I am not disrespecting other teams. I am just telling you what is on ground.

We know the teams that drop to the Europa League failed in the UEFA champions League at the group stages.

Top EPL teams hardly drop to the Europa League.

Atletico is not bad.

Atletico is better than almost all Epl teams you know this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:38pm On Apr 22, 2019
peterd53:

You’re just an EPL fan boi. Compare the diffrent past winner over d last 20 years in both league

6 teams have won the EPL in the last 20 years while 4 teams won the la Liga. The other two teams in the la Liga shared only three titles. That's didn't happen in EPL. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:39pm On Apr 22, 2019
andrew444:

Atletico is better than almost all Epl teams you know this

Is Atletico better than the ones I listed? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:45pm On Apr 22, 2019
forgiveness:

Which trophyless? Where you expecting Barcelona to win the la Liga for life without a break? grin

Barcelona still lost the league under his nose. The guy tear race commot for Spain. grin

Messi and Eto won him trophies. grin

Bayern Munich were world championships before Guardiola took over. Nothing special. grin

He lost in his first season in EPL. Man City was winning trophies before he came. No big deal. grin

barcelona were in a poor state before pep came transform them into one the most feared side in football history

lol you are very funny he ran away after winning 14 trophies I hear you

Under pep bayern munich won 3 league titles back to back nobody achieve that

In england he broke all records on the way to winning the league title

all this he achieved playing exciting an entertaining football unlike some people that will spend the equivalents of some african countries national budget and still play cowardly park the bus football
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:46pm On Apr 22, 2019
forgiveness:

Is Atletico better than the ones I listed? grin

At the moment only mancity and Liverpool

Same atletico that has been to 2 finals in the past 4 years ?

You dare call average Chelsea and Arsenal ?

Lol

You are a joke

You know better than this but you won't admit
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:50pm On Apr 22, 2019
tbaba1234:

There is no speculation here. The only reason, Kelechi can't travel is that something is missing in his documentation.. He should have known this and either set things right before he came or not come at all if it will take a long time. All other professionals that came for the game are back at their base.

It is simply unacceptable.

What is the something? Unless you know what the something is you are simply speculating. Let us know the full story first before rushing to judgement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:54pm On Apr 22, 2019
andrew444:

At the moment only mancity and Liverpool

Same atletico that has been to 2 finals in the past 4 years ?

You dare call average Chelsea and Arsenal ?

Lol

You are a joke

You know better than this but you won't admit

Chelsea and Arsenal will flog Atletico Madrid. Tottenham will also do it. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:54pm On Apr 22, 2019
iSlayer2:

I said so? That he has decided to stay back on his own?

Are you a lawyer?

Those leagues have less coverage here. Many of the time we can only guess what's happening.
Asides that, he's an U23 player and not even a regular for starters. At worst he's thrown out of matchday squad.

Oga I asked you if that was what you implied, that was the essence of the question mark.
He is on loan from arsenal, it there was any funny business from his side it would be reported.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5820) (5821) (5822) (5823) (5824) (5825) (5826) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: daveP(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.