Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5822) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11656043 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5819) (5820) (5821) (5822) (5823) (5824) (5825) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:16pm On Apr 22, 2019
andrew444:

Onazi is good my argurment is that ndidi is better than him

Onazi will start at those epl small teams if he is there

I am glad he didnt join Birmingham because to me its a step down

I have always seen lazio as a big club
I like onazi too but ndidi is definitely better in defensive midfield terms

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:17pm On Apr 22, 2019
I doubt if u follow Nigerian players in the diaspora more than I do. I have followed onazi even when he trialled in england(spurs), greece(panathinakos) before he was signed by Lazio. Before that he trained with a Swedish 2nd or 3rd tier club which tb Joshua sponsored the trip so don't sound as if we have been ignorant of onazi before his rise to prominence in the national team.

He was a promising young lad in Lazio but from what I noticed in his game during his formative years he lacked quality in his play. Onazi is just a typical African midfielder that plays more with powers, aggressiveness and pace but lacks finesse and tactical discipline which is why he is in trapzonspor today
forgiveness:

Oga! I followed Onazi from the youth cadet of Lazio. So, I know clubs from EPL and Werder Bremen came for him. That was when he was seeing enough game time at 21. Keita Baldé was promoted to the first team then.

Birmingham came for him when he was 24. It was during the time he had injury and a new coach took over.

He didn't see enough games for two good seasons that was after he decided to snub offers and extended his contract with Lazio the season before those two seasons.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:21pm On Apr 22, 2019
andrew444:

Is Mattéo Guendouzi better than him?

Just asking
lol guen wetin? In which universe jokes apart the french guy has potential but he loses the ball too damn much

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:21pm On Apr 22, 2019
Bros forget this your lie say onazi snubbed epl teams. Lazio as of when onazi was with them wasn't financially stable and was selling club. If any epl team was serious about Eddy and was ready to cough out 8-10m for him, i see no reason why Lazio will stop him from leaving. Moreover, he would have earned double of what ever amount he was being paid in Italy then if he moved to the epl
forgiveness:

Onazi played mostly as a CM in Seria A though Trabzonsport converted him to a DM but I think he is better a CM.

I have not compared him and Ndidi until now because I know Ndidi is far better than him as a DM but if you want to see the best of Onazi, play him in his favourite position.

Lazio to Trabzonsport is a step backward. Agreed but the truth remains that he snubbed EPL and Werder Bremen for Lazio.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:21pm On Apr 22, 2019
andrew444:

lol it seems you work with Liverpool and Everton

All this your allnigeriasoccer news

Was Charles there when Manchester United came for Ndidi?

How come you agreed on that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:26pm On Apr 22, 2019
Do your research, and mind u I am a die hard man untd fan and have source where I get authentic man untd transfer news. The reason ndidi opted for Leicester was he was promised of instant infusion to the first team to replace Kante, secondly Leicester offered more money while man untd plans was to sign him and send him out on loan for a season or 2
forgiveness:

Was Charles there when Manchester United came for Ndidi?

How come you agreed on that?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:29pm On Apr 22, 2019
andrew444:

Guardiola always want to win the champions league but it has not been easy with mancity

He is one of the best coach in the world and many people are jealous of his achievements

They said he won champions league with the help of Messi ,apart from Luis Enrique why didn't others Barcelona coaches win the champions league with the help of Messi if it's easy

Stop being sentimental ,you would have said he should go and win champions league with Fulham

You Epl fan boys are the hype man and confused people, e dey pain una say him use mancity win league easily last season seems una say e no fit suceed for England

The only coach that I will rate after guardiola is klopp

Barcelona was already a big team before Guardiola took over. He won because he had Eto and Messi the genius.

Manchester City and Bayern Munich were big teams before Guardiola took over. Nothing special.

Let him join Napoli or Valencia and win the league before we can consider him genius. grin

If EPL is hype, how come it's the second league to have won the UEFA champions League until now? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:38pm On Apr 22, 2019
charlesemeka85:
I no come argue with u cus from the first day I joined this forum your sense of judgment is way off. Whether u like it or not onazi no fit lace ndidi's boot currently and if onazi is good as u are insinuating here I see no reason to run off to trapzonspor when they are decent clubs to join in serie A. As for ur claim that onazi turned down a move to Liverpool because of loyalty to Lazio that is blatant lie.

If u can rate Olayinka as eagles best winger I am also not surprised u rating onazi ahead of ndidi who is shunning out good performances week in week out in the epl and currently rated as one of the young dm in Europe this season

Where did I say Onazi is better than Ndidi? You should try to read and comprehend before rushing to comment.

Ndidi is better than Onazi in the DM role but Onazi is far better than him in the CM position. Nevertheless, you should not come here to give wrong informations that Onazi was bad in Seria A. That's what I am disagreeing with you.

Onazi turned down Liverpool to extend his contract with Lazio. Fact. If you like believe, if you don't like don't believe. Na d fact be dat.

When did I rate Olayinka as the best Eagle winger? You can lie yioooo.

How can I rate Olayinka ahead of Victor Moses? Abeg stop lying here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:45pm On Apr 22, 2019
Lmao u Don change mouth?
forgiveness:

Where did I say Onazi is better than Ndidi? You should try to read and comprehend before rushing to comment.

Ndidi is better than Onazi in the DM role but Onazi is far better than him in the CM position. Nevertheless, you should not come here to give wrong informations that Onazi was bad in Seria A. That's what I am disagreeing with you.

Onazi turned down Liverpool to extend his contract with Lazio. Fact. If you like believe, if you don't like don't believe. Na d fact be dat.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:45pm On Apr 22, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Onyekuru plays for the biggest club in Turkish football and not only that have so far distinguished himself in his first season there. Attracting the likes of bayern and co is testament to the wonderful season he is having so far. If u are in turkey but not playing for one of the 3 top teams in Turkish football which are fene, gala and besiktas then u re not to be counted among the best

So, Onazi didn't distinguish himself in Turkey?

No worries. I have noted this comment for future reference.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2019
chrisooblog:
correction henry left a better belgium for england before being loaned 2 a club in turkey

Noted. I hope we maintain the momentum.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2019
Go back to my comments I never said onazi was bad in the serie A but said he lacked tactical disciple and is no where on the same level with ndidi. Also I debunked the news you brought here that he turned down a move to Everton and Liverpool because of his loyalty to Lazio which later landed him to trapzonspor lmao

(quote author=forgiveness post=77763456]

[/quote]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:52pm On Apr 22, 2019
andrew444:

Onazi is good my argurment is that ndidi is better than him

Onazi will start at those epl small teams if he is there

I am glad he didnt join Birmingham because to me its a step down

I have always seen lazio as a big club

Yes! Ndidi is better than Onazi in the DM role. Agreed. But Onazi is better than Ndidi in the CM position.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:52pm On Apr 22, 2019
Onazi is just a mere team team member in trapzonspor and has done tangible since he moved to the league
forgiveness:

So, Onazi didn't distinguish himself in Turkey?

No worries. I have noted this comment for future reference.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:05pm On Apr 22, 2019
tbaba1234:

I do not agree that Ndidi has a long way to go. What he does already at the moment is top class. Leading the whole of Europe in breaking up play.

There are always things to improve upon but he is not that far away.
I meant his passing actually.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:06pm On Apr 22, 2019
andrew444:

All 22 year old players have a long way to go ,he is not busquets nah

But the dude is good
I meant his passing abilities.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:10pm On Apr 22, 2019
charlesemeka85:
I doubt if u follow Nigerian players in the diaspora more than I do. I have followed onazi even when he trialled in england(spurs), greece(panathinakos) before he was signed by Lazio. Before that he trained with a Swedish 2nd or 3rd tier club which tb Joshua sponsored the trip so don't sound as if we have been ignorant of onazi before his rise to prominence in the national team.

He was a promising young lad in Lazio but from what I noticed in his game during his formative years he lacked quality in his play. Onazi is just a typical African midfielder that plays more with powers, aggressiveness and pace but lacks finesse and tactical discipline which is why he is in trapzonspor today

Oga! Stop lying there. How could you have followed Onazi that was nobody? grin

We got to know Onazi because of U17 world cup and nobody, I repeat nobody beamed their search light of Onazi because nobody excepted him to succeed.

All eyes were on Sani Emmanuel and Ramon Azeez. grin

Dude! Take it easy.

We all know about TB Joshua sponsored him and Sani. grin

If Onazi lack quality he would not had made Lazo team. Find another thing to say.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:14pm On Apr 22, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Bros forget this your lie say onazi snubbed epl teams. Lazio as of when onazi was with them wasn't financially stable and was selling club. If any epl team was serious about Eddy and was ready to cough out 8-10m for him, i see no reason why Lazio will stop him from leaving. Moreover, he would have earned double of what ever amount he was being paid in Italy then if he moved to the epl

Onazi snubbed Liverpool to extend his contract with Lazio. Fact.

All those things you wrote there is just your opinion. You are not Lazio chairman.

Onazi earns more in Turkey now than when he was in Italy. Fact.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:21pm On Apr 22, 2019
edi287:

I meant his passing abilities.

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:22pm On Apr 22, 2019
forgiveness:

Yes! Ndidi is better than Onazi in the DM role. Agreed. But Onazi is better than Ndidi in the CM position.

Okay

Have you watched Ndidi play cm ?

I don't even know about the cm

Thou onazi is a better goal scorer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:26pm On Apr 22, 2019
forgiveness:

Barcelona was already a big team before Guardiola took over. He won because he had Eto and Messi the genius.

Manchester City and Bayern Munich were big teams before Guardiola took over. Nothing special.

Let him join Napoli or Valencia and win the league before we can consider him genius. grin

If EPL is hype, how come it's the second league to have won the UEFA champions League until now? grin

But at least Spain is better than Epl that's my major concern

No big coach will win the league with those club

Leicester won the league shows how weak the Epl was then

I can't imagine mancity being in a league and Leicester will emerge the winner

Even Cr7 will not join a second grade team as a player let alone pep

Give pep 300 million and he will win the league with a small club

Should I remind you how much Manchester United have spent and has not won the league

Pep is the best coach in the world at the moment then I will call klopp

Mourinho is out of service at the moment

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:27pm On Apr 22, 2019
chrisooblog:
lol guen wetin? In which universe jokes apart the french guy has potential but he loses the ball too damn much

Thank you

That's why I asked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:27pm On Apr 22, 2019
forgiveness:

I hope you know barcelona had gone trophyless before pep join them. You mention Messi that every argentina coach has failed to win a trophy with as if it's that easy

Pep won 14 trophies with barcelona since he left no coach has match that record.

he went to germany also broke records most consecutive wins, earliest time winning a title

Came to england most league points, most consecutive wins, most goals scored

He achieved all of this yet all of you people are still not satisfied

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:32pm On Apr 22, 2019
Mickael2:

What's my business with Cameroon? You said Amuneke lost to Lesotho so should not be considered and I am telling that with a bunch of farmers he defeated the same Uganda team we couldn't score a goal against in our own backyard. What has Cameroon got to do with this?

Not trying to belittle Amuneke here,but it might b possible that Uganda deliberately lost that game to Tanzania... they had already qualified and there was no harm helping their fellow east Africans qualify too..
Amuneke has tried with that average Tanzania team, but let's see how well they will perform at d AFCON first.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:39pm On Apr 22, 2019
forgiveness:

Liverpool were ready to cough £8m for Onazi. Even Everton wanted him but he wanted to be loyal to the club that gave him the platform to succeed.

I remember I called him mumu den because of his decision.

which Liverpool wanted to cough out £8m for Onazi? grin

What's ur source? ..it better not be those Nigerian sport blogs that.like carrying rumours

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:43pm On Apr 22, 2019
iSlayer2:

Case study on how a lack of seriousness will hamper a budding career even with all the talent in the world. This guy is a clown.

Explain?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:44pm On Apr 22, 2019
andrew444:

Okay

Have you watched Ndidi play cm ?

I don't even know about the cm

Thou onazi is a better goal scorer

I think Rohr tried him in that position. I don't think he can due to his limited passing ability. He should also be able to hold onto the ball and change the direction of play.

Onazi does that better.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:46pm On Apr 22, 2019
forgiveness:

I think Rohr tried him in that position. I don't think he can due to his limited passing ability. He should also be able to hold onto the ball and change the direction of play.

Onazi does that better.

Hmm

If you say so sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:47pm On Apr 22, 2019
Danielnino00:

What's ur source? ..it better not be those Nigerian sport blogs that.like carrying rumours

The news might be fake

But Liverpool have bought players
Worst than onazi ,so please don't be surprised

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
Danielnino00:

Not trying to belittle Amuneke here,but it might b possible that Uganda deliberately lost that game to Tanzania... they had already qualified and there was no harm helping their fellow east Africans qualify too..
Amuneke has tried with that average Tanzania team, but let's see how well they will perform at d AFCON first.

Amunike is not better than rohr

If amunike was our coach during the qualifiers I will bet my money that we won't qualify

I have always insulted rohr sha but amunike can't do better

Make people stop the amunike hype abeg

Anybody can quote me on this

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:50pm On Apr 22, 2019
Danielnino00:

Onazi himself confirmed that his injury at the world cup destroyed his Liverpool move.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:57pm On Apr 22, 2019
chrisooblog:
I hope you know barcelona had gone trophyless before pep join them. You mention Messi that every argentina coach has failed to win a trophy with as if it's that easy

Pep won 14 trophies with barcelona since he left no coach has match that record.

he went to germany also broke records most consecutive wins, earliest time winning a title

Came to england most league points, most consecutive wins, most goals scored

He achieved all of this yet all of you people are still not satisfied

You know why they are not satisfied ?

Barcelona is one of the most hated club in world football and pep success over there was much due to Barcelona European dominance ,and they said it's because of Messi ,some said pep is a fraud but they still have sleepless night over his 1 Epl trophy

But Madrid success has been better than Barca but they won't hate Madrid

Even mourinho has praised pep as a coach despite the rivalry but Epl fan boys won't

Now the fact is anybody that hates pep hate Messi and Barcelona

If Barcelona is the team they win 3 champions league on a roll as Madrid ,many football fan would have committed sucide

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5819) (5820) (5821) (5822) (5823) (5824) (5825) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: GMBOFASIA, Kog45(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.