Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,897 members, 7,810,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5956) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11596866 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5953) (5954) (5955) (5956) (5957) (5958) (5959) ... (16121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:13pm On May 16, 2019
andrew444:

No mind them Ndidi and mikel obi are not average players

Anybody wey wan talk nonsense make e quote me

Na so one person call mane world class and mahrez is not world class ,yes I know mane is world class. But if mane is world class how come mahrez is not ?

Ndidi and mikel obi are world class

Ask them to call 10 top defensive midfielder in the Epl make I see their mumu list

Mikel is a above average (let say something near top class),he has everything to show for it,trophies and all but ndidi is just getting to d limelight, once he moves to a big club,and churn out dis same performance with trophies to show for it,den he can be considered as a top class player or world class like u use to say cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:19pm On May 16, 2019
Balogun is better than Laporte
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:21pm On May 16, 2019
elyte89:

Mikel is a above average (let say something near top class),he has everything to show for it,trophies and all but ndidi is just getting to d limelight, once he moves to a big club,and churn out dis same performance with trophies to show for it,den he can be considered as a top class player or world class like u use to say cool

You make sense ,I just hope that Ndidi move to a big team can Happen soon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:24pm On May 16, 2019
andrew444:

I am not saying he kayode is bad but this forgiveness ranting is 2 much

4 league goals in almost 2 season and he will not let us hear word

Are we discussing about Kayode of this season?

Where did you get that from?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:25pm On May 16, 2019
Icon4s:

The way forgiveness twists things. In 2016 Tbaba wrote out a list of top 5 Nigerian World Class Teenagers from the 2013 and 2015 U17 sets. He mentioned Iheanacho, Success, Yahaya, Osimhen and K. Nwakali and excluded Awoniyi. That is what he is trying to twist from '' were World Class Teenagers'' to ''are World Class Players''. Him no gree pessin rest again grin

Forgiveness honestly, you will make a terrible Lawyer. grin

Look up, you have a case to answer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:26pm On May 16, 2019
chrisooblog:
that is his motus operandi once he gets cornered introduce an unrelated issue or name to muddle up the argument.

trick is always keep him stuck to the main point and leave him to confuse himself with unnecessary additions

Confusion!?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:38pm On May 16, 2019
Humility017:

I think he has been invited before...probably on a standby list.
and also....he plied his football in the host country...that's a plus, he could possibly be the joker of the team
no be only joker Na Batman abeg let's just agree to disagree
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 9:47pm On May 16, 2019
grin

No be this Thread again?! The same Thread Epistles were dropped on daily Basis on how Iheanacho is an Alien?! An Hybrid of Messi and Ronaldo?! A Fox in the Box?! Better than Mbappe (now a World Cup Winner)?!

Make una continue dey award World Class to Toms and Jerrys. LMAO!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:52pm On May 16, 2019
Oasis007:
grin

No be this Thread again?! The same Thread Epistles were dropped on daily Basis on how Iheanacho is an Alien?! An Hybrid of Messi and Ronaldo?! A Fox in the Box?! Better than Mbappe (now a World Cup Winner)?!

Make una continue dey award World Class to Toms and Jerrys. LMAO!

Dey av abused d word "WORLDCLASS" On dis thread? smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:54pm On May 16, 2019
Balogun has played in the world cup...Laporte always on the bench...Balogun has played more INTERNATIONAL MATCHES THAN HIM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:56pm On May 16, 2019
Humility017:

to be honest all the Cfs invited are way ahead of him in the pecking order.
paul scored in the his first match for the super eagles against a renowned
opponent like the Egyptian.
Oshimen proved his worth against the libyans in asaba...had it been Awoniyi scored those goals
i.e the hat trick oshimen scored i doubt Rohr to have ignored his inclusion into the super eagles team
remember Okereke got an invitee for the next super eagles match against egypt from his display in that
match...that to tell you how rohr rated that Libya match...he watched the match himself.

and for nacho... rohr actually picked because of past exploits we all here know rohr does not really rate the belgian league
the time is just too short to try new players... and after all awoniyi is not that prolific compared to the invited players...

No country in this world will rate or pick a player in Danish or Egyptian league ahead of a player in the Belgium league.

Robert Skov who was the highest goalscorer in the Danish league with 27 goals was not considered good enough to make the Danish world cup team.

They rather picked strikers with around 3 to 6 goals from other leagues. That shows how lowly the Danish considered their league.

Can you explain?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:58pm On May 16, 2019
gamaliel9:
Balogun is better than Laporte
what did you eat this night?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 9:58pm On May 16, 2019
elyte89:

Dey av abused d word "WORLDCLASS" On dis thread? smiley

As you said in one of your Posts, Top Player is better used than world class. Well, I've been convinced Onyekuru who has scored more than 50 Goals is a World Class Player now.

Koulibaly is an African, his market value right now is £80m. Mane can't leave for anything less down £100m if Offers come for him, same as Salah.

But know, they don't like Africans, as if Mane, Koulibaly and Co are Whites.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:03pm On May 16, 2019
forgiveness:

No country in this world will rate or pick a player in Danish or Egyptian league ahead of a player in the Belgium league.

Robert Skov who was the highest goalscorer in the Danish league with 27 goals was not considered good enough to make the Danish world cup team.

They rather picked strikers with around 3 to 6 goals from other leagues. That shows how lowly the Danish considered their league.

Can you explain?

but a player from a danish league scored a stunner...against Egypt in a friendly match in asaba...
that's the Egyptian that have always beat us to pulp.

if you were in rohr shoes will you leave out such a player?
he proved himself in the first match...he starts...

mind you Awoniyi shot himself on the foot...had it been he played like oshimen against the Libyan...Rohr would have called him...also note that the Under 23 handler is also part of the super eagles coaching staffs..and as Such probably made some inputs too on the team selection.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:06pm On May 16, 2019
forgiveness:

Can you explain?

I have said this and will say it again...
Ajayi was picked because of the Egyptian league factor....and the coincidence that same country will be hosting the AFCON...

Same reason why Brian Idowu made the world cup list..... the north Africans fans are very passionate and intimidating...playing them in front of their home fans can come with so much pressure...
you need players who are matured to absorb these heat and as well used to the terrain of Africa football and fans
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:07pm On May 16, 2019
Oasis007:

As you said in one of your Posts, Top Player is better used than world class. Well, I've been convinced Onyekuru who has scored more than 50 Goals is a World Class Player now.

Koulibaly is an African, his market value right now is £80m. Mane can't leave for anything less down £100m if Offers come for him, same as Salah.

But know, they don't like Africans, as if Mane, Koulibaly and Co are Whites.

had it been Ndidi was from Senegal or any of these countries...you would have said same and puts him in the category of the players you listed.

some of us here so much underrate Nigeria players...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by godspeed: 10:24pm On May 16, 2019
forgiveness:

Can you explain?

Bros, u can be sure there is no way a 25- man list will satisfy everybody and contain all the qualified players.

This has always been the case everywhere and every time and certainly did not start with Rohr nor is it peculiar to him only.

Every coach takes the liberty to take controversial decision from time to time leaving the fans whinning, I guess this also adds to the intrigue of the game.

Look at the 94 team we love so much ,Westhoff's list did not fully satisfy everybody. I mean I know of people back then who complained about the omission of Mike obiku and ugbade.

It's not only a Nigerian thing I know. Wasn't Dybala omitted from Argentina's team to the world cup?

Romario at France 98?
Cantona at France 98?
Jo for Kaka in 20014?

And then, even if awoniyi was included in the team, do u seriously expect that he will play?

Apart from u, I don't know any Nigerian fan that will seriously miss awoniyi at the AFCON, so what's the fuss?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:25pm On May 16, 2019
andrew444:

William Jose was dropped because the coach prefer Gabriel Jesus and firmino

Belgium league is better than danish

Denmark have better players outside their league okay

I will not answer the rest of your questions because I am tired of repeating my self and I am tired of correcting you ,you can keep on twisting your arguement till next year .

Chikena! Rohr has his preferred players.

Who is twisting between us? You are.

There is nothing you have corrected so far.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:31pm On May 16, 2019
Humility017:

I have said this and will say it again...
Ajayi was picked because of the Egyptian league factor....and the coincidence that same country will be hosting the AFCON...

Same reason why Brian Idowu made the world cup list..... the north Africans fans are very passionate and intimidating...playing them in front of their home fans can come with so much pressure...
you need players who are matured to absorb these heat and as well used to the terrain of Africa football and fans

You claimed all the strikers are ahead of Awoniyi but frankly speaking, Danish National team never rated a player with 27 goals in the Danish league. Rather preferred, strikers with 3 goals from other leagues.

Is that not an irony?

To prefer Ajayi of Egypt to Awoniyi of Belgium is simply based on sentiments.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:34pm On May 16, 2019
Humility017:

but a player from a danish league scored a stunner...against Egypt in a friendly match in asaba...
that's the Egyptian that have always beat us to pulp.

if you were in rohr shoes will you leave out such a player?
he proved himself in the first match...he starts...

mind you Awoniyi shot himself on the foot...had it been he played like oshimen against the Libyan...Rohr would have called him...also note that the Under 23 handler is also part of the super eagles coaching staffs..and as Such probably made some inputs too on the team selection.

He would never had been considered for invitation in the first place even by the Danish team. That's how the Danish rates their league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:36pm On May 16, 2019
forgiveness:

You claimed all the strikers are ahead of Awoniyi but frankly speaking, Danish National team never rated a player with 27 goals in the Danish league. Rather preferred, strikers with 3 goals from other leagues.

Is that not an irony?

the fact that the danish national team did that...does it make it right.
is their actions a yardstick or the standard other countries with nationals in the league should ply...?
and the fact that the coach made such decision does it make it right?
his actions can pay off and also it can back fire.....
coach pick players base on what they tend to offer and how they rise to the occasion wen it demands them to do so.

these players have more and better opportunities than Africans as Europeans....

had it been Paul was a European I doubt of he won't have made it to the epl long ago...remember when Aston Villa wanted go for him after his stunning goal against united in the Europa few seasons back.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:38pm On May 16, 2019
forgiveness:

He would never had been considered for invitation in the first place even by the Danish team. That's how the Danish rates their league.

and If they rate their league....that way should we now rate our player who have been consistent in same league...in same manner...he proved himself with his first invitee...he scored and delivered a master class performance above average and Awoniyi who happens to play in Belgium fail to do same against lowly Libya under 23...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:42pm On May 16, 2019
godspeed:

Bros, u can be sure there is no way a 25- man list will satisfy everybody and contain all the qualified players.

This has always been the case everywhere and every time and certainly did not start with Rohr nor is it peculiar to him only.

Every coach takes the liberty to take controversial decision from time to time leaving the fans whinning, I guess this also adds to the intrigue of the game.

Look at the 94 team we love so much ,Westhoff's list did not fully satisfy everybody. I mean I know of people back then who complained about the omission of Mike obiku and ugbade.

It's not only a Nigerian thing I know. Wasn't Dybala omitted from Argentina's team to the world cup?

Romario at France 98?
Cantona at France 98?
Jo for Kaka in 20014?

And then, even if awoniyi was included in the team, do u seriously expect that he will play?

Apart from u, I don't know any Nigerian fan that will seriously miss awoniyi at the AFCON, so what's the fuss?

Those players were dropped because they had issues either with the coach or player. Different senerio.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:42pm On May 16, 2019
forgiveness:

Is that not an irony?

we all see things differently...
can you please list for me the best non-Egyptian players in the Egyptian league..?
list for me too 10 and see if Ajayi is not a respected player in that league....

why leave out such a player...in same country hosting the tourney...he has already familiarize with the terrains and even the pitches..

go Check the Ghanaian team please and see they called their Egypt based players with so much enthusiast
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:45pm On May 16, 2019
Humility017:

the fact that the danish national team did that...does it make it right.
is their actions a yardstick or the standard other countries with nationals in the league should ply...?
and the fact that the coach made such decision does it make it right?
his actions can pay off and also it can back fire.....
coach pick players base on what they tend to offer and how they rise to the occasion wen it demands them to do so.

these players have more and better opportunities than Africans as Europeans....

had it been Paul was a European I doubt of he won't have made it to the epl long ago...remember when Aston Villa wanted go for him after his stunning goal against united in the Europa few seasons back.

Not only the Danish team, all national teams with players in leagues rated highly than the Danish team did it.

The Danish league is not on the same level with the Belgium league. So, you were absolutely wrong when you said Awoniyi was below a player in the Danish league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:49pm On May 16, 2019
godspeed:

Romario at France 98?
Cantona at France 98?
Jo for Kaka in 20014?

grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:51pm On May 16, 2019
forgiveness:

Not only the Danish team, all national teams with players in leagues rated highly than the Danish team did it.

The Danish league is not on the same level with the Belgium league. So, you were absolutely wrong when you said Awoniyi was below a player in the Danish league.
He is below him bro... for three seasons consecutively paul has proven himself..in that low league you called it...
in the national team colors of recent, Paul scored the last super eagles goal..same can't be said of Awoniyi who still need time to settle
in the national team
unfortunately the danish league is higher than the Nigeria league..so we are not in the same par with those countries with leagues rated higher than the danish league and as such ignore their players in the teams.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:58pm On May 16, 2019
Humility017:

and If they rate their league....that way should we now rate our player who have been consistent in same league...in same manner...he proved himself with his first invitee...he scored and delivered a master class performance above average and Awoniyi who happens to play in Belgium fail to do same against lowly Libya under 23...
No National team rates players in Danish league even if they scored 27 goals per season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:04pm On May 16, 2019
forgiveness:

No National team rates players in Danish league even if they scored 27 goals per season.
Lol..let me tell you... should any of the africa teams going for this year afcon have a player of Paul caliber
in the danish league... he will make their final list and he will likely strike for them in the tournament proper.

please go through the 23 nations afcon list if players in leagues lower than the danish leagues where not called up

please do that fast..i am waiting.

even ghana will hurriedly call up PAUL if he was their national same with cameroon and others
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:06pm On May 16, 2019
forgiveness:

you are taking this awoniyi issue too far...he is not better than those called up.
Rohr list is very fair enough and i thank God he is a german and not a nigerian
so we can accuse him of being tribal

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:06pm On May 16, 2019
Humility017:

He is below him bro... for three seasons consecutively paul has proven himself..in that low league you called it...
in the national team colors of recent, Paul scored the last super eagles goal..same can't be said of Awoniyi who still need time to settle
in the national team
unfortunately the danish league is higher than the Nigeria league..so we are not in the same par with those countries with leagues rated higher than the danish league and as such ignore their players in the teams.

And for the three seasons no decent club came for him. Even a Turkish club.

The point is, he will never be considered by any National team. That's the point.

For example, if Iceland or Denmark has a player who scored 10 goals in the Eredivise and a player who scored 27 goals in the Danish league, they will pick the one in the Eredivise again and again.

That's how poorly National team coaches rates the Danish league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:08pm On May 16, 2019
Humility017:

you are taking this awoniyi issue too far...he is not better than those called up.
Rohr list is very fair enough and i thank God he is a german and not a nigerian
so we can accuse him of being tribal

Your opinion. No problem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5953) (5954) (5955) (5956) (5957) (5958) (5959) ... (16121) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chrisooblog, ChrisKels, toluxe0075, charlesemeka85(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.