Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5958) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11698134 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5955) (5956) (5957) (5958) (5959) (5960) (5961) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 9:34am On May 17, 2019
forgiveness:

Yes! He scored only one goal? grin

Keep lying through your tooth.

Only people from other tribe will uses the expression 'your'.
Yes u re in sifia pains. Everything is tribe & tongue to you. Blessing Eleke, Steve Odey, Nwakaeme were all good this term. Do you see people screaming that they were not invited?? Make we hear word abeg. Out of 25 players, the coach scored 99% and we no go hear word because of your one directional player Awoniyi.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:42am On May 17, 2019
comodo:

That guy even with 2017/18 poor form was in d provisional list.. Even has gotten invites this season. Latest he pulled out cos of injury. #internet never forgets.
Stop twisting facts.

Of course, he made 35 man provisional list. Even Mathias Jensen who scored 12 goals made the list but what happened to those who scored 17 and 15 goals in the same Danish league?

Did any Danish mildfielder or winger scored up to that in that other leagues in the same season? grin

Don't forget, Lokosa made Nigeria 30 man provisional list. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:43am On May 17, 2019
comodo:

Yes u re in sifia pains. Everything is tribe & tongue to you. Blessing Eleke, Steve Odey, Nwakaeme were all good this term. Do you see people screaming that they were not invited?? Make we hear word abeg. Out of 25 players, the coach scored 99% and we no go hear word because of your one directional player Awoniyi.

They're playing in a lower league. Only people from other tribe uses the expression 'your'.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 9:46am On May 17, 2019
Give up on this Awoniyi debate. The chief complainant is not ready to answer any questions and it is now getting boring. Awoniyi is not good enough for a place on neither

a. The provisional AFCON squad list
b. The AFCON Standby List...

....let alone the main squad

Rohr's squad is an assembly of the BEST we have today.

However, had he used the friendlies and the dead-rubber game against Seychelles to try out more players, and they impressed maybe we could have been clamoring for one or 2 more new faces. Having said that Onachu's arrival at this stage came about as a result of the last friendly so not all bad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:53am On May 17, 2019
This is a public forum.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 10:04am On May 17, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:13am On May 17, 2019
Icon4s:
For the records, I criticised Osimhen's early inclusion into the national team and even the U23 as way back as 2015 (Tbaba1234, TheGoodJoe, Safarigirl, TheSuperNerd, Bascovanveli, Joseph1034 are some of the oldest members of this thread and they have known my stands on choice of players from way back). But the boy has come of age and is delivering both at Club level and current U23, so I have to defend his inclusion against those who believe Awoniyi is supposed to be there and not him. Same way I didn't rate Onuachu after his U23 assessment in 2015 but I am ready to give him a chance now because of his current form.

I know some will think I have something against Awoniyi. Just like how some thought I had something against Osimhen, K. Nwakali, Iheanacho, Uzoho and Chidozie Awaziem. The thing is I will always raise a Red Flag if a player is hyped above his actual level and is not proven enough to earn a national team call-up. If tomorrow Awoniyi's delievery is enough to earn him a place in the national team and is invited and someone else is pushing for another player to have replaced him I will defend Awoniyi.

My own philosophy is we need the best for the national team. Even our best may not be enough not to talk of when we dont present the best.

The current list we have now comprises the best we have to offer for now. All players on that list merit their places. Even those on stand-by merit their places on the stand-by list.

Rohr is a coach that believes in calling up the best players available. We should please end this Awoniyi debate and focus more on players who have been called up.

Good Morning all

Very mischievous fellow. Who believes Awoniyi should be there and not Osimhen?

The point is, you never saw any talent in the Awoniyis and co.

Rohr believes in calling the best but Nwakali got called to the national team. Not surprised anyway.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:45am On May 17, 2019
but guy beyond play what is it between you and icon4s? all of us here have debated on issues sometimes we agree other times we don't but there is still for the most part mutual respect.

he argues his point, you argue yours it doesn't have to be personal.

even if for argument sake he doesn't rate Awoniyi how does that affect your life? abi is he the NFF president or Super Eagles coach who can influence player call ups?

i know you will argue you don't like bias and hypocrisy but how have you been able to prove that?

if his comments give you so much 'sifia' pains just jump pass. that's what i do sometimes when i see you or komekn posts grin

forgiveness:

Very mischievous fellow. Who believes Awoniyi should be there and not Osimhen?

The point is, you never saw any talent in the Awoniyis and co.

Rohr believes in calling the best but Nwakali got called to the national team. Not surprised anyway.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 11:01am On May 17, 2019
andrew444:

If I talk say you dey disgrace your self people go talk say Andrew dey rude ,you can't just come here and lie in our face to win an arguement I keep on telling you that .

How is Robert skov the highest go scorer in the danish league ?

3 danish players scored more goals than Robert skov and they didn't make it and yet you want Robert skov to make the squad ?

Denmark have better player from others league so you don't expect them to pick players from Denmark okay ,the only forward picked from their league is victor fisher ,the so called victor fisher I mentioned was lucky because Nicolas bentdner was injured

Now as good as the Belgium league why didn't they pick strikers from their league and drop players from better league ? It should be only 3 players from their league that made their squad which is tielemans,dendoncker and a goal keeper

Even the top scorer of the Belgium league before the World Cup was a Tunisian player and he didn't make the Tunisia squad .

Robert skov made the preliminary 35 man list for Denmark. He even played at the 2016 Olympics moreover he's just 22.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:10am On May 17, 2019
chrisooblog:
but guy beyond play what is it between you and icon4s? all of us here have debated on issues sometimes we agree other times we don't but there is still for the most part mutual respect.

he argues his point, you argue yours it doesn't have to be personal.

even if for argument sake he doesn't rate Awoniyi how does that affect your life? abi is he the NFF president or Super Eagles coach who can influence player call ups?

i know you will argue you don't like bias and hypocrisy but how have you been able to prove that?

if his comments give you so much 'sifia' pains just jump pass. that's what i do sometimes when i see you or komekn posts grin

Because I don't have one iota of respect for tribalist who tags others with different opinion as tribalist.

The same fellow who defended Nwakalis invitation to the national team.

Was Nwakalis the best AMF in Europe as at the time they were called?

Dude, not all are daft.

Icon4s:

Bros, your Lunch is on me.

And to make it bad ''Awoniyi fronters'' are already attaching tribal coloration to it all.

The National Team is for all Nigerians. Any player that deserves an invite will be invited. wink

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 11:19am On May 17, 2019
forgiveness:

He would never had been considered for invitation in the first place even by the Danish team. That's how the Danish rates their league.

viktor fisher and William kvist made the Danish world cup list playing for Copenhagen

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:25am On May 17, 2019
so it's because you feel he called you a tribalist that's why you are pained ok your choice but remember what does the bible say you should pursue with all men?

forgiveness:

Because I don't have one iota of respect for tribalist who tags others with different opinion as tribalist.

The same fellow who defended Nwakalis invitation to the national team.

Was Nwakalis the best AMF in Europe as at the time they were called?

Dude, not all are daft.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:29am On May 17, 2019
Koboko99:

Robert skov made the preliminary 35 man list for Denmark. He even played at the 2016 Olympics moreover he's just 22.

So Making the preliminary list means you played at the world cup?

We only know the 23 players taken to the mundial and not the preliminary list.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:30am On May 17, 2019
Koboko99:

viktor fisher and William kvist made the Danish world cup list playing for Copenhagen

Viktor spent the first half in the Bundesliga before moving to Denmark in the summer.

Both had played at the highest level(Eredivise, EPL and Bundesliga). Their case were not different from Ahmed Musa because they were already member of the national team.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:30am On May 17, 2019
forgiveness:

He is the highest goal scorer for this season yet never played in the European league? Why?

They were players who scored 17: and 15 goals in the same Danish league last season?

Why were none of those attackers/mildfielder considered good enough for the national team despite scoring more goals than others in different leagues? Why? That's the point.

The Danes doesn't rate

Victor Fisher was chosen because he played in the Bundesliga that season. See someone accusing others of using Google as if he doesn't use Google.

Use your brain. You can't compare Belgium with Denmark. Belgium picked players from big clubs in top 3 leagues but Denmark picked player with lesser goals from Polish league. shocked shocked shocked

Is that how poorly they rate their league, the Danish league? shocked shocked shocked

There is the possibility that players from the Belgium league will make National teams but that can't be said of the Danish league.

I mean, players in Belgium league will make the national team ahead of players in the Danish league any time any day. That's why Belgium league is among the top 10 leagues that contributed players to the world cup. Fact

Can that be said of the Danish league?

The Tunisian who scored the highest goal didn't make the squad because they had someone like Musa in the team.

Lol you 2 funny abeg

You sabi escape things
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:33am On May 17, 2019
Forgiveness... Rohr no carry awoniyi go nations cup,go carry ur police come angry angry undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:34am On May 17, 2019
chrisooblog:
so it's because you feel he called you a tribalist that's why you are pained ok your choice but remember what does the bible say you should pursue with all men?

Which feel? It's fact.

The hypocrite will hype up wrath and cry not when they get binded says the Bible.

I am only telling him who he is. Nothing like pain. He should see himself in the mirror first.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:38am On May 17, 2019
elyte89:
Forgiveness... Rohr no carry awoniyi go nations cup,go carry ur police come angry angry undecided

Follow the debate before you start advising one to call police.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:40am On May 17, 2019
forgiveness:

Follow the debate before you start advising one to call police.

Wc debate...debate dt doesn't change d reality, so y shld I dabble into it undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:44am On May 17, 2019
elyte89:

Wc debate...debate dt doesn't change d reality, so y shld I dabble into it undecided

Debates or criticism are not made to change the reality, it's for making right decisions in the future.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 11:47am On May 17, 2019
forgiveness:

Viktor spent the first half in the Bundesliga before moving to Denmark in the summer.

Both had played at the highest level(Eredivise, EPL and Bundesliga). Their case were not different from Ahmed Musa because they were already member of the national team.

which league were they playing in when they invited them?

do you think if their forms was abysmal even if they've played outside Denmark they will make the list?

Do you think Denmark doesn't have players in the same position as these guys playing outside Denmark?

You said no sane person will take a player in the Danish league to the world cup.....I just gave you two names now you want to twist again.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:59am On May 17, 2019
forgiveness:

Debates or criticism are not made to change the reality, it's for making right decisions in the future.

Wc future,all d debate we av been discussing here,wc one has actually change d reality undecided

Meanwhile if not for Mikels inclusion, I was expecting rohr to give dt sia1 player a chance,I av forgotten his name sef and not awoniyi...to me awoniyi is very far from d list considering those ahead of him aside nacho smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:03pm On May 17, 2019
Koboko99:

which league were they playing in when they invited them?

do you think if their forms was abysmal even if they've played outside Denmark they will make the list?

Do you think Denmark doesn't have players in the same position as these guys playing outside Denmark?

You said no sane person will take a player in the Danish league to the world cup.....I just gave you two names now you want to twist again.

They were already full member of the Danish National team. The same way Ahmed Musa is currently considered. Same senerio.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:04pm On May 17, 2019
elyte89:

Wc future,all d debate we av been discussing here,wc one has actually change d reality undecided

Meanwhile if not for Mikels inclusion, I was expecting rohr to give dt sia1 player a chance,I av forgotten his name sef and not awoniyi...to me awoniyi is very far from d list considering those ahead of him aside nacho smiley

Your opinion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 12:04pm On May 17, 2019
Just because Awoniyi no make list, make the GWG no fly for Egypt?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:11pm On May 17, 2019
elyte89:
if forgiveness fight you eehhhh

i have never seen any rohr list that has pleased forgiveness...never.
even if an angel was to come from heaven to draft these super eagles
list..my brother will still pick loopholes in it.

the matter tire me.
how you dey na?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:23pm On May 17, 2019
hmmm from your post it seems you are really hurt. sometimes you have to learn to let things go.

have a good day

forgiveness:

Which feel? It's fact.

The hypocrite will hype up wrath and cry not when they get binded says the Bible.

I am only telling him who he is. Nothing like pain. He should see himself in the mirror first.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:25pm On May 17, 2019
Forgiveness really has a way of turning this thread against one player.
He did it with Kayode before the world cup.
He did it with Aluko and Ajagun during the WCQ
What exactly is he is trying to achieve?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:27pm On May 17, 2019
List of players that must give way after the nations cup. That's if they don't live up to expectations.

1. Ezenwa
2. Akpeyi
3. Balogun
4. Ogu
5. Etebo
6. Mikel Obi (due to age)
7. Shehu Abdullahi

Iheanacho and Uzoho are still very young. They can be excused from the team for the time being until they pick up.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:28pm On May 17, 2019
chrisooblog:
hmmm from your post it seems you are really hurt. sometimes you have to learn to let things go.

have a good day

In your imagination I am hurt but in reality I am not.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:29pm On May 17, 2019
Danielnino00:
Forgiveness really has a way of turning this thread against one player.

He did it with Kayode before the world cup.

He did it with Aluko and Ajagun during the WCQ

What exactly is he is trying to achieve?

Were these players not qualified to make the team as at then?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:36pm On May 17, 2019
forgiveness:

Were these players not qualified to make the team as at then?

They were qualified.. but there were others before them!

Is it so difficult for u to understand that spots in the national team are limited ?
Is it so difficult to understand that every coaches have his preference of players?? I mean Didier Deschamps didn't take Lacazette and Martial to the world cup and nothing happened! Joachim Lowe dropped an in form Sane and nothing happened!

You are seriously brewing unnecessary troubles.. Even going as far as digging up posts from 3 years ago!
You better relax

(1) (2) (3) ... (5955) (5956) (5957) (5958) (5959) (5960) (5961) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Zakamori, jihday(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.