Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,894 members, 7,810,437 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5957) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11596807 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5954) (5955) (5956) (5957) (5958) (5959) (5960) ... (16121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:11pm On May 16, 2019
forgiveness:

And for the three seasons no decent club came for him. Even a Turkish club.

The point is, he will never be considered by any National team. That's the point.

For example, if Iceland or Denmark has a player who scored 10 goals in the Eredivise and a player who scored 27 goals in the Danish league, they will pick the one in the Eredivise again and again.

That's how poorly National team coaches rates the Danish league.

that's european national teams but often time it does not work that way...
the iceland team that did so much miracle in the last euro nations cup were basically unknow and fishermen, doctors etc
likewise the wales team that played so well..had Robson-kanu who was clubless at that time.

likewise the Greece team that did wonders in portugal 2004 were not know players, also the portuguese who had the winning goal in the last euro was an unknow player.

so the fact a player is playing in a more advanced league don't actually transcend to a better national team performance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:11pm On May 16, 2019
Just like Anthony Ujah.
edi287:

Osimhen had a better season overall. Awoniyi ended the season in a strong note sha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:12pm On May 16, 2019
forgiveness:

And for the three seasons no decent club came for him. Even a Turkish club.

The point is, he will never be considered by any National team. That's the point.

For example, if Iceland or Denmark has a player who scored 10 goals in the Eredivise and a player who scored 27 goals in the Danish league, they will pick the one in the Eredivise again and again.

That's how poorly National team coaches rates the Danish league.
i think aston villa once took interest in him...and mind you some of these players do have unreasonable and lazy agents
who simply can't negotiate deals for their players..so i won't blame him with that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:19pm On May 16, 2019
Humility017:

Lol..let me tell you... should any of the africa teams going for this year afcon have a player of Paul caliber
in the danish league... he will make their final list and he will likely strike for them in the tournament proper.

please go through the 23 nations afcon list if players in leagues lower than the danish leagues where not called up

please do that fast..i am waiting.

even ghana will hurriedly call up PAUL if he was their national same with cameroon and others

They will if they don't have one in a better league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:20pm On May 16, 2019
forgiveness:

and does Nigeria...have a proven national team player in a better league to call up instead of Paul.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:22pm On May 16, 2019
Humility017:

that's european national teams but often time it does not work that way...
the iceland team that did so much miracle in the last euro nations cup were basically unknow and fishermen, doctors etc
likewise the wales team that played so well..had Robson-kanu who was clubless at that time.

likewise the Greece team that did wonders in portugal 2004 were not know players, also the portuguese who had the winning goal in the last euro was an unknow player.

so the fact a player is playing in a more advanced league don't actually transcend to a better national team performance

They don't have other better options.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:23pm On May 16, 2019
forgiveness:

it's like you've not gone through these countries players list.....especially that of Ghana on paper....Nigeria/Morocco should be given the nation's cup. but when the tournament starts proper...you will know that; club football or playing for a big European club is different from Africa football especially as regard the Egyptians.

same Egyptian league players have help won AFCON trophy for a record 3 times in a row....I think.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:24pm On May 16, 2019
forgiveness:

same way we won't have better options... that goal Paul scored against....Egypt...is the boy saving grace...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:25pm On May 16, 2019
Humility017:

and does Nigeria...have a proven national team player in a better league to call up instead of Paul.

Yes, Nigeria has players in better leagues. Don't give assignment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:27pm On May 16, 2019
forgiveness:

Yes, Nigeria has players in better leagues. Don't give assignment.
and they have proved themselves in the national team?
list them pls
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:27pm On May 16, 2019
Humility017:

same way we won't have better options...
that goal Paul scored against....Egypt...is the boy saving grace...

We do.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:02am On May 17, 2019
Don’t say average, say Afobear
andrew444:

those are the only 2 players in your team who are not average ,they are more than average ,I can even call both of them world class

The rest of your players are average and some of them are even below average

EOD
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:32am On May 17, 2019
Iyenoma Destiny Udogie
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:56am On May 17, 2019
Liverpool chasing Samu..

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:49am On May 17, 2019
Oasis007:
grin

No be this Thread again?! The same Thread Epistles were dropped on daily Basis on how Iheanacho is an Alien?! An Hybrid of Messi and Ronaldo?! A Fox in the Box?! Better than Mbappe (now a World Cup Winner)?!

Make una continue dey award World Class to Toms and Jerrys. LMAO!
that argument is still the most ridiculous thing I've seen on nairaland, hybrid ko mainframe ni
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:55am On May 17, 2019
forgiveness:

No country in this world will rate or pick a player in Danish or Egyptian league ahead of a player in the Belgium league.

Robert Skov who was the highest goalscorer in the Danish league with 27 goals was not considered good enough to make the Danish world cup team.

They rather picked strikers with around 3 to 6 goals from other leagues. That shows how lowly the Danish considered their league.

Can you explain?

how is Skov the top scorer in 2017/2018? the top scorer scored 22 and he's not the one he's not even in the top 8
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:21am On May 17, 2019
For the records, I criticised Osimhen's early inclusion into the national team and even the U23 as way back as 2015 (Tbaba1234, TheGoodJoe, Safarigirl, TheSuperNerd, Bascovanveli, Joseph1034 are some of the oldest members of this thread and they have known my stands on choice of players from way back). But the boy has come of age and is delivering both at Club level and current U23, so I have to defend his inclusion against those who believe Awoniyi is supposed to be there and not him. Same way I didn't rate Onuachu after his U23 assessment in 2015 but I am ready to give him a chance now because of his current form.

I know some will think I have something against Awoniyi. Just like how some thought I had something against Osimhen, K. Nwakali, Iheanacho, Uzoho and Chidozie Awaziem. The thing is I will always raise a Red Flag if a player is hyped above his actual level and is not proven enough to earn a national team call-up. If tomorrow Awoniyi's delievery is enough to earn him a place in the national team and is invited and someone else is pushing for another player to have replaced him I will defend Awoniyi.

My own philosophy is we need the best for the national team. Even our best may not be enough not to talk of when we dont present the best.

The current list we have now comprises the best we have to offer for now. All players on that list merit their places. Even those on stand-by merit their places on the stand-by list.

Rohr is a coach that believes in calling up the best players available. We should please end this Awoniyi debate and focus more on players who have been called up.

Good Morning all

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:05am On May 17, 2019
forgiveness:

Chikena! Rohr has his preferred players.

Who is twisting between us? You are.

There is nothing you have corrected so far.

Oga go rest abeg

I don tell you wetin I wan tell you already ,as I have said I am tired of repeating my self to you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:27am On May 17, 2019
forgiveness:

No country in this world will rate or pick a player in Danish or Egyptian league ahead of a player in the Belgium league.

Robert Skov who was the highest goalscorer in the Danish league with 27 goals was not considered good enough to make the Danish world cup team.

They rather picked strikers with around 3 to 6 goals from other leagues. That shows how lowly the Danish considered their league.

Can you explain?

If I talk say you dey disgrace your self people go talk say Andrew dey rude ,you can't just come here and lie in our face to win an arguement I keep on telling you that .

How is Robert skov the highest go scorer in the danish league ?

3 danish players scored more goals than Robert skov and they didn't make it and yet you want Robert skov to make the squad ?

Denmark have better player from others league so you don't expect them to pick players from Denmark okay ,the only forward picked from their league is victor fisher ,the so called victor fisher I mentioned was lucky because Nicolas bentdner was injured

Now as good as the Belgium league why didn't they pick strikers from their league and drop players from better league ? It should be only 3 players from their league that made their squad which is tielemans,dendoncker and a goal keeper

Even the top scorer of the Belgium league before the World Cup was a Tunisian player and he didn't make the Tunisia squad .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:34am On May 17, 2019
jihday:
how is Skov the top scorer in 2017/2018? the top scorer scored 22 and he's not the one he's not even in the top 8

You are right but he is the top striker for 2017/18 season. Why has he not played for Denmark?

Besides, why was their top striker in the Danish league dropped?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 7:56am On May 17, 2019
forgiveness:

Please remind me what team and league Christian Bassogog was playing for when he fired Cameroon to the AFCON title in 2017.

Did they have options in better leagues?

Please I need you to do this research yourself and tell us. Please
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:33am On May 17, 2019
forgiveness:

You are right but he is the top striker for 2017/18 season. Why has he not played for Denmark?

Besides, why was their top striker in the Danish league dropped?

I asked you a question last night...and you still haven't replied me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 8:44am On May 17, 2019
forgiveness:

Can you explain?

This one u don lie be that. 2017/2018 season, this dude was a complete wack. Played 20 games in all completions scoring only 1 solitary goal. Bros fear God small. This season he has been immense. But its not a world cup year. Pls stop twisting facts just cos your one directional Awoniyi was not included.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:49am On May 17, 2019
andrew444:

If I talk say you dey disgrace your self people go talk say Andrew dey rude ,you can't just come here and lie in our face to win an arguement I keep on telling you that .

How is Robert skov the highest go scorer in the danish league ?

3 danish players scored more goals than Robert skov and they didn't make it and yet you want Robert skov to make the squad ?

Denmark have better player from others league so you don't expect them to pick players from Denmark okay ,the only forward picked from their league is victor fisher ,the so called victor fisher I mentioned was lucky because Nicolas bentdner was injured

Now as good as the Belgium league why didn't they pick strikers from their league and drop players from better league ? It should be only 3 players from their league that made their squad which is tielemans,dendoncker and a goal keeper

Even the top scorer of the Belgium league before the World Cup was a Tunisian player and he didn't make the Tunisia squad .

He is the highest goal scorer for this season yet never played in the European league? Why?

They were players who scored 17: and 15 goals in the same Danish league last season?

Why were none of those attackers/mildfielder considered good enough for the national team despite scoring more goals than others in different leagues? Why? That's the point.

The Danes doesn't rate

Victor Fisher was chosen because he played in the Bundesliga that season. See someone accusing others of using Google as if he doesn't use Google.

Use your brain. You can't compare Belgium with Denmark. Belgium picked players from big clubs in top 3 leagues but Denmark picked player with lesser goals from Polish league. shocked shocked shocked

Is that how poorly they rate their league, the Danish league? shocked shocked shocked

There is the possibility that players from the Belgium league will make National teams but that can't be said of the Danish league.

I mean, players in Belgium league will make the national team ahead of players in the Danish league any time any day. That's why Belgium league is among the top 10 leagues that contributed players to the world cup. Fact

Can that be said of the Danish league?

The Tunisian who scored the highest goal didn't make the squad because they had someone like Musa in the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 9:01am On May 17, 2019
forgiveness:

He is the highest goal scorer for this season yet never played in the European league? Why?

Why were none of those strikers considered good enough for the national team despite scoring more goals than a from Poland league who made the list? Why? That's the point.

The Danes doesn't rate

Victor Fisher was chosen because he played in the Bundesliga that season. See someone accusing others of using Google as if he doesn't use Google.

Use your brain. You can't compare Belgium with Denmark. Belgium picked players from big clubs in top 3 leagues but Denmark picked player with lesser goals from Polish league. shocked shocked shocked

Is that how poorly they rate their league, the Danish league? shocked shocked shocked

There is the possibility that players from the Belgium league will make National teams but that can't be said of the Danish league.

I mean, players in Belgium league will make the national team ahead of the Danish league any time any day. That's why Belgium league is among the top 10 leagues that contributed players to the world cup. Fact

Can that be said of the Danish league?

The Tunisian didn't the squad because they had someone like Musa in the team.

That guy even with 2017/18 poor form was in d provisional list.. Even has gotten invites this season. Latest he pulled out cos of injury. #internet never forgets.
Stop twisting facts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:01am On May 17, 2019
comodo:

This one u don lie be that. 2017/2018 season, this dude was a complete wack. Played 20 games in all completions scoring only 1 solitary goal. Bros fear God small. This season he has been immense. But its not a world cup year. Pls stop twisting facts just cos your one directional Awoniyi was not included.

Yes! He scored only one goal? grin

Keep lying through your tooth.

Only people from other tribe will use the expression 'your'.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:04am On May 17, 2019
Humility017:

you are taking this awoniyi issue too far...he is not better than those called up.
Rohr list is very fair enough and i thank God he is a german and not a nigerian
so we can't accuse him of being tribal

LOL!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:13am On May 17, 2019
iSlayer2:

LOL!
how you see am nah?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:16am On May 17, 2019
Humility017:
how you see am nah?

You no lie. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:23am On May 17, 2019
wayodude:

Please remind me what team and league Christian Bassogog was playing for when he fired Cameroon to the AFCON title in 2017.

Did they have options in better leagues?

Please I need you to do this research yourself and tell us. Please

Please, help me with the bolded.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 9:28am On May 17, 2019
godspeed:

Bros, u can be sure there is no way a 25- man list will satisfy everybody and contain all the qualified players.

This has always been the case everywhere and every time and certainly did not start with Rohr nor is it peculiar to him only.

Every coach takes the liberty to take controversial decision from time to time leaving the fans whinning, I guess this also adds to the intrigue of the game.

Look at the 94 team we love so much ,Westhoff's list did not fully satisfy everybody. I mean I know of people back then who complained about the omission of Mike obiku and ugbade.

It's not only a Nigerian thing I know. Wasn't Dybala omitted from Argentina's team to the world cup?

Romario at France 98?
Cantona at France 98?
Jo for Kaka in 20014?

And then, even if awoniyi was included in the team, do u seriously expect that he will play?

Apart from u, I don't know any Nigerian fan that will seriously miss awoniyi at the AFCON, so what's the fuss?

God bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:30am On May 17, 2019
tbaba1234:
Liverpool chasing Samu..

What Nonsense is LFC trying to pull?

Others...I can understand but shaqiri

Why..that guy is good and I feel he has been treated unfairly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5954) (5955) (5956) (5957) (5958) (5959) (5960) ... (16121) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, forgiveness, Sugarboyy(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.