Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,489 members, 7,830,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6083) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11755818 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6080) (6081) (6082) (6083) (6084) (6085) (6086) ... (16184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:32am On Jun 04, 2019
Lucque:

In d land of d blind d one eyed man is king... Dat makanjuola dat had half of his crosses eida going out of play or being under wighted is now a bright spark... We celebrate mediocrity too much... I tot they said makanjuola was a faster chukwueze?... Bunch of idieeeets.... ...

Is the crosses the only thing you saw? He won the motm against Ukraine and I hope you understand 24 players were on the field then.

The Senegalese never gave him breathing space.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 9:34am On Jun 04, 2019
Curtisaxel7:
For those having high hopes about Okon's career prospects, make una just commot eye from that side. Dude is already over 30 or at least 28 years old. He is already at the end of his prime and will start declining form wise in a matter of 2-4 years.

He may have turned out a fantastic player if he was discovered in his youth and marketed to Europe where his talents would've been honed by tactically savvy coaches. No doubt he is a natural playmaker. Immensely talented. But like many other home trained boys, he simply lacks basic tactical training. Positioning and passing technique. If only he were truly 20, he would no doubt master those in a season or two abroad and grow into an absolute beast of a playmaker. Sadly, i don't see that happening. Okon is a lost cause. You can't teach an old dog new tricks....

He will disappear in a short while, but believe me when I say Aniekeme Okon is the Messi Nigeria never had.

Are you 100% certain Okon is 28 or older?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:37am On Jun 04, 2019
Danielnino00:

Now the table has shifted to Manu...
Because he failed to win the AFCON doesn't mean he picked the wrong players..
last time I checked,we didn't win the 2013 and 2015 u-17 AFCON either . but ended up winning the world cup.

As far as u-17 is concerned, you need not worry about Nigeria or Manu ..

Double standard. Manu selection was poo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:38am On Jun 04, 2019
I am blessed to be a member of this great football family. Thanks for all the quick recovery wishes. I appreciate every one of them

Just a temporary set back. And I will be back in training before the AFCON. cheesy

14 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:39am On Jun 04, 2019
Danielnino00:

Now the table has shifted to Manu...
Because he failed to win the AFCON doesn't mean he picked the wrong players..
last time I checked,we didn't win the 2013 and 2015 u-17 AFCON either . but ended up winning the world cup.

As far as u-17 is concerned, you need not worry about Nigeria or Manu ..

Spot on bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:39am On Jun 04, 2019
forgiveness:

Double standard. Manu selection was poo.
Because a certain Lateef Omidiji was dropped abi??

I wonder how much criticism u threw at Amunike after the u-17 AFCON. .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 9:40am On Jun 04, 2019
M7even:

I was like this too, I would buy complete sport for 25 naira before it became thirty naira, I would read all the soccer news, when I was in secondary school.

My mum was a teacher, she always had us reading our academic book at home, I would fold the news paper pages in between my textbook and note books and read the other sport news like formula one, tennis, athletics, those ones gave me pleasure reading than my normal notebooks or subject books in school because I'd dose off within an hour if that was what I read.

Every sport lover had their crazy moments. I certainly did, when I failed my ss one exams, some of my auntie who knew what I always did told my mum. I remember how they took me for deliverance section in my church that I am so addicted to football. grin grin grin.

I only had to grow up and balance things.

I was once like this too... Bought most sport newspaper created a library for sport session in my room... The day I can't never forget it our world cup qualifier against Tunisia at home.. We played 2-2 draw... My heart sank... Couldn't believe it.. The funniest thing was that I spoilt Two TV plus generator cos it that match... � grin Since that day always keep it cool...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 9:41am On Jun 04, 2019
Unto better things cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 9:42am On Jun 04, 2019
KpagoGIN:
After watching yesterday's match and the follow up on how this team came to be, I only hope Many Garba is also watching and following cause the same drama affecting this team selection was what we were made to believe during the u17 team selection for the Africa qualifiers.

I don't expect any miracle from manu garba. This is not manu we know... Something is wrong somewhere.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 9:42am On Jun 04, 2019
Icon4s:

Brother, since we are like family here, I just came out of a surgical operation. Currently still hospitalized. But no worries, it came out good and I am recovering. smiley

I didn't watch the game because the Hospital's management made it as a policy not to switch to football games due to their hypertensive patients. I never knew until 5 minutes before the game when I requested for super sport grin.

Get well soon sir.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 9:44am On Jun 04, 2019
KpagoGIN:
After watching yesterday's match and the follow up on how this team came to be, I only hope Many Garba is also watching and following cause the same drama affecting this team selection was what we were made to believe during the u17 team selection for the Africa qualifiers.

Interesting. You're quite right. The U-17 didn't play too well in the African championship and there was also issues surrounding selection. We'll be here to see how that one goes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:44am On Jun 04, 2019
Danielnino00:

Because a certain Lateef Omidiji was dropped abi??

I wonder how much criticism u threw at Amunike after the u-17 AFCON. .

Why are you criticizing Aigbogun? Is it not because of poor selection?

Manu is not different from Aigbogun. EOD

Did Amunike even qualify us for U-20? He failed woefully. Didn't he?

What are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:45am On Jun 04, 2019
Icon4s:

Brother, since we are like family here, I just came out of a surgical operation. Currently still hospitalized. But no worries, it came out good and I am recovering. smiley

I didn't watch the game because the Hospital's management made it as a policy not to switch to football games due to their hypertensive patients. I never knew until 5 minutes before the game when I requested for super sport grin.

Health is great wealth and can not be substituted for anything.

God's healing that perfects the limited works of men be upon you.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KpagoGIN(m): 9:47am On Jun 04, 2019
soetanoreoluwa:

I don't expect any miracle from manu garba. This is not manu we know... Something is wrong somewhere.
I share same feelings with you, just couldn't understand the whole drama with his team selection then came Paul with his Uefa licence of old misplaced men.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:48am On Jun 04, 2019
Icon4s:

Wishing you a speedy recovery
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 9:49am On Jun 04, 2019
Danielnino00:
Good to have him back...

Injury marred the 2nd half of the season for this young man and made folks stop looking his way.

Still a player that has the potential to rival Onyekuru and Chukwueze, by my evaluation. And I'm expecting a lot from him at AFCON.

Good to see he's back.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 9:51am On Jun 04, 2019
Icon4s:
I am blessed to be a member of this great football family. Thanks for all the quick recovery wishes. I appreciate every one of them

Just a temporary set back. And I will be back in training before the AFCON. cheesy

Lol. God keep you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 9:51am On Jun 04, 2019
Wishing you quick recovery @Icon4s
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:52am On Jun 04, 2019
iSlayer:

Injury marred the 2nd half of the season for this young man and made folks stop looking his way.

Still a player that has the potential to rival Onyekuru and Chukwueze, by my evaluation. And I'm expecting a lot from him at AFCON.

Good to see he's back.

Samuel rival Onyekuru and Chukwueze? grin

They are all different players entirely.

Don't expect anything from Onyekuru expect goals though he has improved alot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:55am On Jun 04, 2019
forgiveness:

Why are you criticizing Aigbogun? Is it not because of poor selection?

Manu is not different from Aigbogun. EOD

Did Amunike even qualify us for U-20? He failed woefully. Didn't he?

What are you talking about?

Aigbhoun problem wasn't just players selection.. the man is tactically clueless... Give Manu that Aigboun team and he would give us a better performance even if the result are the same...

And talking about Amunieke and the u-20, don't pretend as if you don't know the poor treatment the NFF gave him and his team during the qualifiers .. The same Amunike has qualified Tanzania for the AFCON...

both Manu and Amunike are a hundred times better than the fraud called Aigboun..

U can attack Manu all u like.. it won't stop him from producing another set of talented players for the national team.. even if it excludes some of your precious players...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 9:57am On Jun 04, 2019
forgiveness:

Samuel rival Onyekuru and Chukwueze? grin

They are all different players entirely.

Don't expect anything from Onyekuru expect goals though he has improved alot.

They all play wide. They all bring flair. Not too different imo. And yes I think Samuel Kalu has the potential to rival players like Onyekuru and Chukwueze.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:58am On Jun 04, 2019
iSlayer:

Good to see he's back.

Actually its the other way around...
Kalu is one of Rohr's favorite already. As long as he is fit,he owns that RW ... Onyekuru will fight with Musa for the LW....

If Rohr now decides to go with a 3-5-2,he will most likely pick Kalu to play RWB ahead of Aina...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 10:03am On Jun 04, 2019
Danielnino00:

Actually its the other way around...
Kalu is one of Rohr's favorite already. As long as he is fit,he owns that RW ... Onyekuru will fight with Musa for the LW....

If Rohr now decides to go with a 3-5-2,he will most likely pick Kalu to play RWB ahead of Aina...

I was talking talent wise. Not who starts and who doesn't.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:05am On Jun 04, 2019
forgiveness:

He was obviously fatigue and rightly sub. Eletu stabilised the mildfield better.

Tijani was a waste of space. He was meant to hold on play from a long pass and pass the ball quickly to the players behind or beside him but he was very poor at ball control and could not pass the ball.

How are you sure when he never saw the ball? Poor touches and bad passing are the hallmarks of fatigue but we never saw that because he didn't see the ball. Eletu was ok but I would never have taken the lad of instead I would have played him closer to goal because he is the only one that could pick a pass.

Tijani had some bad touches but he did better than the other 2 attackers who offered nothing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 10:13am On Jun 04, 2019
Icon4s:

wishing you speedy recovery
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 10:22am On Jun 04, 2019
forgiveness:

Is the crosses the only thing you saw? He won the motm against Ukraine and I hope you understand 24 players were on the field then.

The Senegalese never gave him breathing space.
So d motm against ukraine is d criteria to call him d bright spark in a game dat he didnt play well abi..?.. continue... Makanjuola na which tribe again?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 10:22am On Jun 04, 2019
iSlayer:

They all play wide. They all bring flair. Not too different imo. And yes I think Samuel Kalu has the potential to rival players like Onyekuru and Chukwueze.

In my opinion I think all three can still fit quite well, that's if Kalu is drafted to the midfield or RWB position since he is a good dribbler and also holds the ball better than other two. But I doubt if he will consider it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:24am On Jun 04, 2019
Danielnino00:

Aigbhoun problem wasn't just players selection.. the man is tactically clueless... Give Manu that Aigboun team and he would give us a better performance even if the result are the same...

And talking about Amunieke and the u-20, don't pretend as if you don't know the poor treatment the NFF gave him and his team during the qualifiers .. The same Amunike has qualified Tanzania for the AFCON...

both Manu and Amunike are a hundred times better than the fraud called Aigboun..

U can attack Manu all u like.. it won't stop him from producing another set of talented players for the national team.. even if it excludes some of your precious players...

What did Manu achieve with Iheanacho, Simon, Success, Awoniyi, Ndidi, Nwakali etcetera at the U20 world cup?

Abi, you wan make I believe this team has better talent than Manu Garba team?

Amunike failed at the U-20 level. I knew he was going to fail with that his one way tiki taka style of play.

Amunike quantifying Tanzania over Lesotho and Cape Verde Islands is what you want to boast about? Bhuhahahaha! grin

Let him face good teams before you begin to boast. grin

Amunike and Manu are only better in your dreams. As far as I am concern, they are all not good enough as long as their selection is controversial. EOD

Manu selection is not different from Aigbogun. He is also a fraud.

But you hypocrite wanted Aigbogun to play YOUR precious players. Hypocrites everywhere.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 04, 2019
icon4s I wish you quick recovery

have people clamoring for local player and coaches has you seen how your local player and local coach disgrace Nigeria ahhhhh all this local player and coaches are scam if I'm to be the president of NFF I would pay them any match allowances if anyone clamor for the inclusion of local player I swear I'll cause the person this also happened in the U-23 match against Libya common Libya you no fit beat local player are disgrace to this country
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 10:26am On Jun 04, 2019
Lucque:

So d motm against ukraine is d criteria to call him d bright spark in a game dat he didnt play well abi..?.. continue... Makanjuola na which tribe again?

Trybe apart, I think he was overhyped before the tournament, they were saying he play exactly like chukwueze, to me I had high expectations to see him play, but my brother what I saw was a scam.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:28am On Jun 04, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

How are you sure when he never saw the ball? Poor touches and bad passing are the hallmarks of fatigue but we never saw that because he didn't see the ball. Eletu was ok but I would never have taken the lad of instead I would have played him closer to goal because he is the only one that could pick a pass.

Tijani had some bad touches but he did better than the other 2 attackers who offered nothing.

How can you say he did not see the ball?

Why didn't he pick a pass throughout his stay on the pitch?

Dele Bashiru is a better passer in the team. It was very glaring when he came on.

Tijani was the worst player on the field. Nothing to write home about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:29am On Jun 04, 2019
sheyishemba:
icon4s I wish you quick recovery

have people clamoring for local player and coaches has you seen how your local player and local coach disgrace Nigeria ahhhhh all this local player and coaches are scam if I'm to be the president of NFF I would pay them any match allowances if anyone clamor for the inclusion of local player I swear I'll cause the person this also happened in the U-23 match against Libya common Libya you no fit beat local player are disgrace to this country

So Samuel Chukwueze played for Kano pillars then?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6080) (6081) (6082) (6083) (6084) (6085) (6086) ... (16184) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Danielnino00(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.