Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6081) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11617126 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6078) (6079) (6080) (6081) (6082) (6083) (6084) ... (16130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:03pm On Jun 03, 2019
andrew444:

Okay but why is he not eligible ?

Zubairu is a central midfielder and he can also play as an attacking midfielder and defensive also

He has passed the age.

Okay, but Okon will still make that U23 team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 11:04pm On Jun 03, 2019
I was once like this I get so much attached to football back then i will used my feeding money ( 30N) to buy complete sport paper just to get the latest gist when Chelsea lost a match like it will be like my like is over there was even a day i sneak out of the house at 2am just to watch Chelsea preseason game
realpoacher:
In all honesty I need help to be free from football.

I have tried all possible means to detach my heart from it without success.

It is a terrible thing to be an Arsenal fan and a Nigerian patriot.

I don't talk much here but I literally spend most of my time thinking, replaying my teams matches in my head, following all my teams individual players around the globe, touring and scouting the whole web searching upcoming news, events and fixtures about my teams

I literally had my heart in my mouth during the Europa league finals when arsenal lost.

Now look at what these boys served me

How do i break this yoke?

To think that I don't get paid 1kobo for this embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 11:06pm On Jun 03, 2019
klexycole:
Rohr to decide on who to drop after Zimbabwe friendly. Who do you suggest he drops? wink
Rohr will drop Shehu and Oshimen/Onachu.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:08pm On Jun 03, 2019
soetanoreoluwa:

Where have you been?

Brother, since we are like family here, I just came out of a surgical operation. Currently still hospitalized. But no worries, it came out good and I am recovering. smiley

I didn't watch the game because the Hospital's management made it as a policy not to switch to football games due to their hypertensive patients. I never knew until 5 minutes before the game when I requested for super sport grin.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 11:09pm On Jun 03, 2019
ManBeast:
Nah dat right back Rabiu Mohammed dey pain me pass, how is dat guy a footballer.

He can't defend, he can't run... small tin e don fall yakata for ground, tufiakwa....

Where did aigbogun get all dis players from, I don't even want to talk about that long bastard upfront.

I was waiting to see who noticed this.

Rabiu is the real carpenter here and he should never near a football field again as football is not his calling

This same guy was the reason we were torn apart by USA in the second match. He virtually went AWOL in that match.

Today again he was no where to be found. Sagna had a free pass through his wing, Sagna who couldn't score since his hattrick in their first, the same sagna became C Ronaldo all because of Rabiu yet the coach kept playing him.

May thunder fire Paul Aigbogun

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:11pm On Jun 03, 2019
I no get am o. I’ve not been following. Chai. Not surprised we lost.
ChrisKels:

U no catch the joke bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 11:12pm On Jun 03, 2019
fabyom:

Don't you think dropping Osimehn or Onauchu is risky? lipsrsealed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:13pm On Jun 03, 2019
But some people wan tell me Okon was poor in the match.

Nigeria U20 Player Ratings Vs Senegal : Makanjuola The Bright Spark; Okon Promising; Tijani Awful; Ofoborh Below Average

Published: June 03, 2019

Nigeria U20 Player Ratings Vs Senegal : Makanjuola The Bright Spark; Okon Promising; Tijani Awful; Ofoborh Below Average

The Flying Eagles on Monday evening lost 2-1 to the Junior Teranga Lions of Senegal in the all West Africa duel in the last 16 of the FIFA U20 World Cup.

Allnigeriasoccer.com's Izuchukwu Okosi here presents the match ratings of the Nigerian players.

The Starters

Olawale Oremade : The goalkeeper kept out one good shot but otherwise found it difficult to deal with what the Senegalese threw at him. He misjudged the flight of the ball in the 14th minute as Youssouph Badji went for a teasing cross by Alpha Diounkou. Made two instinctive saves in the second half. 5/10.

Zulkifilu Rabiu : The right back who has played in all matches played by the Eagles was outwitted and outrun by the dangerous Amadou Sagna to score Senegal's first goal. 6/10

Ikouwem Udo Utin : The captain was yellow carded in the second half but he was generally effective in his defending. However his best game for the team remained that against Qatar. 5/10.

Aliu Salawudeen : He partnered Igoh in the the heart of the defence. However he almost gifted the opponents a goal as a clearance from a tight angle almost had the ball roll to the right corner. 4/10.

Igoh Ogbu : Had a better game than in the previous against Ukraine. There was noticeably a better communication between him and Salawudeen. 5/10.

Kingsley Michael : Combative and full of industry as usual, the Perugia of Italy midfielder was substituted in the second half through injury. 5/10.

Nnamdi Ofoborh : The Bournemouth midfielder had a below average game, poorer than what he delivered against USA. The player gave away the ball once in each halves and was duly substituted off in the second half by Tom Dele-Bashiru. 4/10.

Aniekeme Okon : The liveliest Nigerian player on the day with his creativity. The Akwa United star's passes, vision and movements off the ball were pleasing to see in a team often criticised back home. Was credited with the Nigerian goal after his knee deflected in Makanjuola's freekick.

Okon is almost definitely not going to remain an Akwa United player for too long. Europe beckons for the playmaker. 7.5/10.

Maxwell Effiom : The Enyimba forward who would have offered more was substituted in the 28th minute of the match when he was fouled by Cavin Diagne and had to be stretchered off to the dressing room. 4/10.

Success Makanjuola : The Water FC of Abuja forward was a bright spark for the Nigerian side with his runs and through passes which caused trepidation for the Senegalese defenders.

Had a goal from a freekick handed to Okon whose foot directed the ball to the net. The future is also bright for this boy. Promising. 7/10.

Tijani Muhammed : The striker's upper body strength was a tool to destabilize the Senegalese but some of his touches left much to be desired. 3.5/10.

The Substitutes

Tom Dele-Bashiru : Came on for Nnamdi Oforborh and helped improve the team in the second half by creating goal scoring chances.

It was a shock somewhat that Aigbogun did not start the Manchester City youngster alongside Okon. Their midfield combination and Ofoborh coming off the bench rather than starting would have offered more. 5/10.

Paul Eletu : The midfielder did not do much as he replaced an injured Kingsley Michael. He had a headed clearance in the box though. 4/10.

Yira Sor : Was presented a chance to score from a promising counter attack but he could not get a goal from that opportunity. A decent player but has to work on his composure and final ball. 5/10.

Izuchukwu Okosi

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=32384

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:17pm On Jun 03, 2019
Eh
darkelf:
Breaking news:

Aigbogun named interim coach of Home Based Super Eagles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 11:33pm On Jun 03, 2019
klexycole:

Don't you think dropping Osimehn or Onauchu is risky? lipsrsealed
Of course very risky.
They are our most in form strikers.
Shehu and Ogu should be dropped.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 11:41pm On Jun 03, 2019
fabyom:

Of course very risky.

Now you are talking. Regarding OGU, I think we are in short supply of midfielders, one defender and one forward should go in my opinion. cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ManBeast: 11:51pm On Jun 03, 2019
forgiveness:

But some people wan tell me Okon was poor in the match.

Published: June 03, 2019

The Flying Eagles on Monday evening lost 2-1 to the Junior Teranga Lions of Senegal in the all West Africa duel in the last 16 of the FIFA U20 World Cup.

Allnigeriasoccer.com's Izuchukwu Okosi here presents the match ratings of the Nigerian players.

The Starters

Olawale Oremade : The goalkeeper kept out one good shot but otherwise found it difficult to deal with what the Senegalese threw at him. He misjudged the flight of the ball in the 14th minute as Youssouph Badji went for a teasing cross by Alpha Diounkou. Made two instinctive saves in the second half. 5/10.

Zulkifilu Rabiu : The right back who has played in all matches played by the Eagles was outwitted and outrun by the dangerous Amadou Sagna to score Senegal's first goal. 6/10

Ikouwem Udo Utin : The captain was yellow carded in the second half but he was generally effective in his defending. However his best game for the team remained that against Qatar. 5/10.

Aliu Salawudeen : He partnered Igoh in the the heart of the defence. However he almost gifted the opponents a goal as a clearance from a tight angle almost had the ball roll to the right corner. 4/10.

Igoh Ogbu : Had a better game than in the previous against Ukraine. There was noticeably a better communication between him and Salawudeen. 5/10.

Kingsley Michael : Combative and full of industry as usual, the Perugia of Italy midfielder was substituted in the second half through injury. 5/10.

Nnamdi Ofoborh : The Bournemouth midfielder had a below average game, poorer than what he delivered against USA. The player gave away the ball once in each halves and was duly substituted off in the second half by Tom Dele-Bashiru. 4/10.

Aniekeme Okon : The liveliest Nigerian player on the day with his creativity. The Akwa United star's passes, vision and movements off the ball were pleasing to see in a team often criticised back home. Was credited with the Nigerian goal after his knee deflected in Makanjuola's freekick.

Okon is almost definitely not going to remain an Akwa United player for too long. Europe beckons for the playmaker. 7.5/10.

Maxwell Effiom : The Enyimba forward who would have offered more was substituted in the 28th minute of the match when he was fouled by Cavin Diagne and had to be stretchered off to the dressing room. 4/10.

Success Makanjuola : The Water FC of Abuja forward was a bright spark for the Nigerian side with his runs and through passes which caused trepidation for the Senegalese defenders.

Had a goal from a freekick handed to Okon whose foot directed the ball to the net. The future is also bright for this boy. Promising. 7/10.

Tijani Muhammed : The striker's upper body strength was a tool to destabilize the Senegalese but some of his touches left much to be desired. 3.5/10.

The Substitutes

Tom Dele-Bashiru : Came on for Nnamdi Oforborh and helped improve the team in the second half by creating goal scoring chances.

It was a shock somewhat that Aigbogun did not start the Manchester City youngster alongside Okon. Their midfield combination and Ofoborh coming off the bench rather than starting would have offered more. 5/10.

Paul Eletu : The midfielder did not do much as he replaced an injured Kingsley Michael. He had a headed clearance in the box though. 4/10.

Yira Sor : Was presented a chance to score from a promising counter attack but he could not get a goal from that opportunity. A decent player but has to work on his composure and final ball. 5/10.

Izuchukwu Okosi

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=32384
Rabiu 6/10, the person wey rate dis tin must be mad.... his even madder than the maddest mad man in Yabaleft, dat mumu wey just dey fall like say Lisa Anne suck all the sperm for him body.

How he was selected for dis U20 world cup I don't know.

0.0/10 is even too much to rate him. angry

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 03, 2019
realpoacher:
In all honesty I need help to be free from football.

I have tried all possible means to detach my heart from it without success.

It is a terrible thing to be an Arsenal fan and a Nigerian patriot.

I don't talk much here but I literally spend most of my time thinking, replaying my teams matches in my head, following all my teams individual players around the globe, touring and scouting the whole web searching upcoming news, events and fixtures about my teams

I literally had my heart in my mouth during the Europa league finals when arsenal lost.

Now look at what these boys served me

How do i break this yoke?

To think that I don't get paid 1kobo for this embarassed

Sorry bro... We are in this together.. Is well #COYG

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:02am On Jun 04, 2019
Too much b*tching for my liking. I see the world has not exploded so we move on and keep celebrating our football. God bless Nigeria let's go Super Falcons
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:02am On Jun 04, 2019
andrew444:

Dude is young ,I was there when e wrote waec

gringrin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:11am On Jun 04, 2019
Icon4s:

Brother, since we are like family here, I just came out of a surgical operation. Currently still hospitalized. But no worries, it came out good and I am recovering. smiley

I didn't watch the game because the Hospital's management made it as a policy not to switch to football games due to their hypertensive patients. I never knew until 5 minutes before the game when I requested for super sport grin.

Thank God for the successful operation our Great Icon4s, I pray your recovery will be superfast sir.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:24am On Jun 04, 2019
Joebie:
Eh

Na joke bros

grin cheesy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 12:56am On Jun 04, 2019
klexycole:

Now you are talking. Regarding OGU, I think we are in short supply of midfielders, one defender and one forward should go in my opinion. cheesy
Rohr will not drop Nacho forget it!
I can read that guy like a mirror.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 12:57am On Jun 04, 2019
Icon4s:

Oga icon4 which you quick recovery in Jesus name.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:37am On Jun 04, 2019
fabyom:

Drop shehu for who
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:38am On Jun 04, 2019
Icon4s:

Get well soon oga

I value your contributions here no matter how we disagree
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:40am On Jun 04, 2019
fabyom:

Of course very risky.

Knowing Rohr, they wouldn't be dropped
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 1:45am On Jun 04, 2019
@ Icon4s..... Wish you swift Recovery from the surgical Operation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 1:51am On Jun 04, 2019
grin grin grin

I've got no pain or regret for the shameful Exit of the flying dying Eagles. But as for the Careers of Aigbogun and his Boys; what's dead may never die.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:46am On Jun 04, 2019
Thanks for the get well messages. I appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:48am On Jun 04, 2019
fabyom:

Of course very risky.

We have a surplus CB and Forward. Look in that direction.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 3:51am On Jun 04, 2019
For those having high hopes about Okon's career prospects, make una just commot eye from that side. Dude is already over 30 or at least 28 years old. He is already at the end of his prime and will start declining form wise in a matter of 2-4 years.

He may have turned out a fantastic player if he was discovered in his youth and marketed to Europe where his talents would've been honed by tactically savvy coaches. No doubt he is a natural playmaker. Immensely talented. But like many other home trained boys, he simply lacks basic tactical training. Positioning and passing technique. If only he were truly 20, he would no doubt master those in a season or two abroad and grow into an absolute beast of a playmaker. Sadly, i don't see that happening. Okon is a lost cause. You can't teach an old dog new tricks....

He will disappear in a short while, but believe me when I say Aniekeme Okon is the Messi Nigeria never had.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:13am On Jun 04, 2019
Icon4s:

awwww, may God grant you perfect recovery
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:18am On Jun 04, 2019
Quick recovery sir Icon4s.

But, are we still gonna win the WYC to equal the only record our kenke bredas have been taunting us with? grin

Remember, the WYC is for young professionals like Utin, Effiom, Salawudeen, Rabiu, Tijani, Jamil, oremade, Offia et al, and not for Academy players like ofoborh, Dele, Zaccala grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:01am On Jun 04, 2019
I pray form ur speedy recovery my boss
Icon4s:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 5:03am On Jun 04, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:08am On Jun 04, 2019
Icon4s:

Get well soon chief...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6078) (6079) (6080) (6081) (6082) (6083) (6084) ... (16130) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sugarboyy(m), elyte89, twentyk(m), Joebie, lbrichman2, Pidginwhisper, Samueltemi337(m), TheGoodJoe(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.