Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,440 members, 7,830,206 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6084) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11754416 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6081) (6082) (6083) (6084) (6085) (6086) (6087) ... (16183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:33am On Jun 04, 2019
sheyishemba:
icon4s I wish you quick recovery

have people clamoring for local player and coaches has you seen how your local player and local coach disgrace Nigeria ahhhhh all this local player and coaches are scam if I'm to be the president of NFF I would pay them any match allowances if anyone clamor for the inclusion of local player I swear I'll cause the person this also happened in the U-23 match against Libya common Libya you no fit beat local player are disgrace to this country

Did you watch Berti Vogtz handle the Super Eagles? Does that mean foreign coaches are poor?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 04, 2019
Lucque:

So d motm against ukraine is d criteria to call him d bright spark in a game dat he didnt play well abi..?.. continue... Makanjuola na which tribe again?

It is people like you that are problematic. He has been defending Okon all day here, you didn't remember tribe, he mentioned Makanjuola and boom 'The TRIBALIST has come again'. smh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:37am On Jun 04, 2019
forgiveness:

How can you say he did not see the ball?

Why didn't he pick a pass throughout his stay on the pitch?

Dele Bashiru is a better passer in the team. It was very glaring when he came on.

Tijani was the worst player on the field. Nothing to write home about.

He was being played as a DMF which pass did you expect him to pick? Dele-Bashiru did absolutely nothing when he came on the pitch. What meaningful pass did he make?

Tijani helped us more than say Success who could not beat a single marker. Utin, Rabiu, Success and Sor were all worse than Tijani yesterday so that statement is clearly false.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 10:38am On Jun 04, 2019
iSlayer:

Are you 100% certain Okon is 28 or older?

Let's just say I by a stroke of luck i got to meet a couple of people who are close to him and a few other players personally, from Akwa Ibom....

I don't want to go into specifics for fear of betraying my sources, but just know that Aniekeme Okon is in his early thirties, or late twenties at most.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:39am On Jun 04, 2019
KpagoGIN:

I share same feelings with you, just couldn't understand the whole drama with his team selection then came Paul with his Uefa licence of old misplaced men.

There is no short cut to success.. We we don't prepare well woeful performance will set in. No camping yet and we want to win under 17 world cup. To me is more of jamboree.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:41am On Jun 04, 2019
Lucque:

So d motm against ukraine is d criteria to call him d bright spark in a game dat he didnt play well abi..?.. continue... Makanjuola na which tribe again?

If your tribe where the judges, I know he wouldn't have won the MOTM but unfortunately they are people that matters and neutral in judgement. Your opinion is inconsequential

Against the Senegalese he created a goal. What else do you want?

No wonder Chinonso is the best player in this tournament according to some hypocrite here.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:52am On Jun 04, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

He was being played as a DMF which pass did you expect him to pick? Dele-Bashiru did absolutely nothing when he came on the pitch. What meaningful pass did he make?

Tijani helped us more than say Success who could not beat a single marker. Utin, Rabiu, Success and Sor were all worse than Tijani yesterday so that statement is clearly false.

That's right. I agree he could have done better as a CMF.

However, Dele brought flow into the game. Go and watch the match again.

Tijani was the worst player on the pitch. That's the pure undiluted truth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 10:54am On Jun 04, 2019
How quickly people forget things.

One player I won't like to see miss out of this tournament is Moses Simon. Dude has been underrated recently. He is a balanced player. His ability to track back to help the fullbacks puts him ahead of others.

If I'm to select our flank players, I'll have them ranked in this order

Musa, (VC)
Moses Simon
Henry,
Chukwueze
Samuel Kalu.

The abundance of talents covering this position has made everyone forget about V. Moses.

+

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 11:08am On Jun 04, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Let's just say I by a stroke of luck i got to meet a couple of people who are close to him and a few other players personally, from Akwa Ibom....

I don't want to go into specifics for fear of betraying my sources, but just know that Aniekeme Okon is in his early thirties, or late twenties at most.
Till you can prove beyond reasonable doubt with your so called sources oboy we aren't taking you serious.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:13am On Jun 04, 2019
iSlayer:

They all play wide. They all bring flair. Not too different imo. And yes I think Samuel Kalu has the potential to rival players like Onyekuru and Chukwueze.

Samuel Kalu can hold onto the ball and work as a mildfielder. Something Onyekuru and Chukwueze can't do.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 11:18am On Jun 04, 2019
Icon4s:

Brother, since we are like family here, I just came out of a surgical operation. Currently still hospitalized. But no worries, it came out good and I am recovering. smiley

I didn't watch the game because the Hospital's management made it as a policy not to switch to football games due to their hypertensive patients. I never knew until 5 minutes before the game when I requested for super sport grin.

Get well soon sir

Thank God they didn't allow you to watch that eyesore of match. You would have been seething on your bed!!

Thats how bad we were. Its painful to to know that Nigeria is far bigger than the standard we were offering on the pitch
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 11:19am On Jun 04, 2019
€15 Million bid for Osimhen by Atalanta FC of Italy. Atalanta is playing champion league next season

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:22am On Jun 04, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

If you're still not precise after the several sources close to him then you can't be taken seriously because people close to him should be able to disclose his real age.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:29am On Jun 04, 2019
Italian Serie A club Atalanta are closing in on the signing of Nigeria international Victor Osimhen from Sporting Charleroi, according to reports.

Belgian newspaper La Dernière Heure and Les Sports says Charleroi will lose one of their important players of last season as Osimhen is about to commit his future to Atalanta Bergamo.

The Nerazzurri have offered a fee of fifteen million euros which has been accepted by Sporting Charleroi.

Knowing that they stand to profit from the future sale of Osimhen, the Belgian First Division A side triggered the purchase option in his loan deal of around 3.5 million euros last week.

AC Milan and Lille had also been keen on the former Golden Eaglets sensation but Atalanta, who are featuring in next season's Champions League, moved in quickly to beat off competition.

Osimhen would become the most expensive signing in the history of Atalanta once the deal is completed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:29am On Jun 04, 2019
soetanoreoluwa:
€15 Million bid for Osimhen by Atalanta FC of Italy. Atalanta is playing champion league next season

If Duvan Zapata will remain at atlanta he should not near there

Osimhen has no chance of benching Duvan Zapata

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:29am On Jun 04, 2019
soetanoreoluwa:
Good but his movement should not be about champion league but playing time.The guy
should not make mistake of Wolfsburg again cos been on the bench is not something ideal for a promising young player like him

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 11:30am On Jun 04, 2019
AIG07:
How quickly people forget things.

One player I won't like to see miss out of this tournament is Moses Simon. Dude has been underrated recently. He is a balanced player. His ability to track back to help the fullbacks puts him ahead of others.

If I'm to select our flank players, I'll have them ranked in this order

Musa, (VC)
Moses Simon
Henry,
Chukwueze
Samuel Kalu.

The abundance of talents covering this position has made everyone forget about V. Moses.

+

Its not so , Moses is not a team player its so glaring . and when God want to help him , he blessed us with options in his department ... Moses has gone gone for good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:31am On Jun 04, 2019
andrew444:

If Duvan Zapata will remain at atlanta he should not near there

Osimhen has no chance of benching Duvan Zapata
That's it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:36am On Jun 04, 2019
Danielnino00:
Safarigirl's MCM any day grin
Baby'm kiss

See fresh boy, baby boy, asampete, ezigbo nwoke.....AFCON should be ready mbok, we go pepper them with fine boys grin

Disclaimer: Some disgruntled elements will soon come here and be saying football is not about fine face tongue

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:37am On Jun 04, 2019
zapata is likely to leave cus inter,madrid and a couple of epl clubs are interested. but that guy na beast sha!
Kog45:
That's it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:37am On Jun 04, 2019
Danielnino00:
Good to have him back...
bikonu onye wukwa nk'a? Who is this? Why does he look angry? undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:39am On Jun 04, 2019
Icon4s:

Brother, since we are like family here, I just came out of a surgical operation. Currently still hospitalized. But no worries, it came out good and I am recovering. smiley

I didn't watch the game because the Hospital's management made it as a policy not to switch to football games due to their hypertensive patients. I never knew until 5 minutes before the game when I requested for super sport grin.

we thank God for the successful surgery and wish you quick recovery.

Thank God you did not watch it. I didn't watch either, because I was unwell yesterday, but it was for the best. Those boys men, were disappointing.....but, we been knew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:43am On Jun 04, 2019
charlesemeka85:
zapata is likely to leave cus inter,madrid and a couple of epl clubs are interested. but that guy na beast sha!

Good news that zapata will leave, this is a player that will likely start in so many top european teams like madrid chelsea atletico and others,so osimhen going there with zapata still there will not be good for his developement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 11:50am On Jun 04, 2019
andrew444:

Good news that zapata will leave, this is a player that will likely start in so many top european teams like madrid chelsea atletico and others,so osimhen going there with zapata still there will not be good for his developement.

But Zapata is on loan from Sampdoria na. He is not owned by Atlanta.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:51am On Jun 04, 2019
lexyman:

Its not so , Moses is not a team player its so glaring . and when God want to help him , he blessed us with options in his department ... Moses has gone gone for good

Without Moses Nigeria could not have won AFCON.

People like you are the reason he retired from the SE.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 11:54am On Jun 04, 2019
forgiveness:

That's true. I absolutely agree.
Just as Nigeria would not have won AFCON without Mba, Emenike, Omeruo and the other squad players.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:55am On Jun 04, 2019
Clementoke:

But Zapata is on loan from Sampdoria na. He is not owned by Atlanta.

They have option of buying him immediately and sell him or keep him just the way chaleroi is trying to do with osimhen, wolfsburg will be happy to have osimhen back but its not in their hands, chaleroi activated the buying clause immediately and they are looking to sell him to make money
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 12:02pm On Jun 04, 2019
forgiveness:

we need a better player in the super Eagle ... if we must win , we must also play together as a team ...

no one is bigger than the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:06pm On Jun 04, 2019
bataderemi:

It is people like you that are problematic. He has been defending Okon all day here, you didn't remember tribe, he mentioned Makanjuola and boom 'The TRIBALIST has come again'. smh

Once you mention Ayo, Segun or Gbanga you will be attacked from left, right and centre because they feel such players are not good enough but em tribe men are Ronaldo and Messi even when the world don't rate them.

Very pathetic fellow.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:09pm On Jun 04, 2019
Clementoke:

That's true. I absolutely agree.
Just as Nigeria would not have won AFCON without Mba, Emenike, Omeruo and the other squad players.

Nigeria was very poor in those matches without Moses.

When he came on everything changed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:12pm On Jun 04, 2019
lexyman:

we need a better player in the super Eagle ... if we must win , we must also play together as a team ...

no one is bigger than the team

I agree but some players are very important in some teams.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:21pm On Jun 04, 2019
Osimhen to join Atalanta for 15 million almost done.

Atalanta has taken pole position to sign him. Champions league football.

10 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (6081) (6082) (6083) (6084) (6085) (6086) (6087) ... (16183) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ThanosKilla(m), Tessyy1701, bennie1980(m), dymusty86, hatakekakashi, EEGA, 2innocent(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.