Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6099) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11747672 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6096) (6097) (6098) (6099) (6100) (6101) (6102) ... (16180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 5:29pm On Jun 05, 2019
andrew444:

Agreed but paul might be the scape goat

U don't know Rohr, once you've impressed him in the GWG it would take you 3-4 bad matches for him to remove you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 5:31pm On Jun 05, 2019
forgiveness:

Who are those who don't believe in Aina? If Rohr doesn't believe in him he wouldn't have replaced Shehu after he got injured neither will he start the second leg against Libya.

How many times/minutes did he play for Chelsea?

Aina still started a game out of two when he first got injured. He didn't get to play three matches due to suspension. You lied.

Before anybody knew Ebuehi here, I already knew him and I was the one that introduced him and Ezihiue here.

So, spare me the learner stuffs because you are the learner here.

Oga you're clutching at straws. You're even asking me how many times he played for Chelsea. Nonsense.

Nothing you said strongly negates anything I said. You can go back to your tribal based lobbying, I'm done with you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:32pm On Jun 05, 2019
andrew444:

Its not over for him but is it a crime to drop iheanacho? If Almighty marcelo was dropped from brazil due to form then anybody can be dropped

What fair chance? so others players are working hard for nothing? Hope you know am a nacho fan?

In the same vain Leon Balogun should be dropped. There we have it our 2 players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 5:38pm On Jun 05, 2019
forgiveness:

Keep feigning ignorance.

I'm not feigning ignorance sir. Tell us the best players that were not invited(who are supposed to be better than those invited) or stop pointing fingers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 5:42pm On Jun 05, 2019
forgiveness:

The reason people gave here to justify Aina drop from the world cup was that he conceded a penalty and he plays in a lower league but Tyrone did the same but was exonerated.

Now, he moved to Seria A and still played consistently in a more technical and tactical league yet he is not focused, he is not good enough defensively blah blah blah blah.

Who will take a Nigerian opinion seriously?

Now, we are hearing

Rewatch that game and you'll see that Omeruo was at fault for the penalty and not tyronne
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:43pm On Jun 05, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

In the same vain Leon Balogun should be dropped. There we have it our 2 players.

I have no problem in that also but it won't happen

Even the nacho that I am saying should be dropped will not be dropped ,you should know me as a nacho fan here

But Paul onauchu hustle for nothing if dem drop am, someone will use the danish league as an excuse
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:44pm On Jun 05, 2019
Earthquake2:

U don't know Rohr, once you've impressed him in the GWG it would take you 3-4 bad matches for him to remove you

Lol okay

Paul impressed him right ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 5:44pm On Jun 05, 2019
andrew444:

Lol okay

I think he did
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 05, 2019
forgiveness:

We won that match against Algeria but because we used ineligible player, Algeria was given 3 goals.

Nope it was 1-1 during the match wink (novenmber 10,2017) then algeria got 3 points later for ineligle player

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:45pm On Jun 05, 2019
Olulong:

I'm not feigning ignorance sir. Tell us the best players that were not invited(who are supposed to be better than those invited) or stop pointing fingers
Kayode
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by naturecures: 5:47pm On Jun 05, 2019
the same yardstick coach is using for balogun will be used for nacho they share same scenario same conditions. non will be neglected during the selection. mark my words.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 5:48pm On Jun 05, 2019
Afobear:

Zombie

grin

Mumu..... Afolabi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 5:48pm On Jun 05, 2019
andrew444:
Kayode
Lol

We obviously know the name he'll mention
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 5:49pm On Jun 05, 2019
Paul has really not done anything spectacular for him to be gutted if he's dropped
andrew444:

Lol okay

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 5:50pm On Jun 05, 2019
andrew444:

Its not over for him but is it a crime to drop iheanacho? If Almighty marcelo was dropped from brazil due to form then anybody can be dropped

What fair chance? so others players are working hard for nothing? Hope you know am a nacho fan?

grin

You are but I was..... Yet still believe the Lad he can make a Difference.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 05, 2019
Now makes sense why Iwobi and Ekong won’t feature
Gernot Rohr to feature players with limited club action against Zimbabwe

By Calista Jacob-Akpan -June 4, 2019

Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr has revealed that he will give players who didn’t have enough game time at their clubs opportunity to play Saturday’s friendly encounter against the Warriors of Zimbabwe.

The likes of of Leon Balogun and Kelechi Iheanacho struggled for regular playing time at English Premier League clubs, Brighton Hove & Albion, and Leicester City respectively. And Rohr is ready to start working on their match rustiness.

Balogun only made eight league appearances for Brighton, while Iheanacho started most of Leicester City’s games from the bench.

“I want to see a lot of players who are not playing so much, give them the opportunity to play,” Rohr told reporters after team’s evening training session in Asaba on Monday.

“It can be for some defenders like Balogun, he is fit but he didn’t play so much, so we want to see him playing on Saturday and also some players like Kelechi who didn’t play at all, so we want to see him play on Saturday”.

The two-time African champions opened camping in Asaba, Delta State on Sunday for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations billed to hold in Egypt later this month.

Super Eagles are expected to leave for Ismaila, Egypt on Sunday for the final lap of their preparations.

Rohr’s Eagles’ last pre-tournament friendly is against Senegal, billed for the Ismailia Stadium on June 16.

The three-time African champions will get their AFCON 2019 campaign underway against Burundi on June 22 at the Alexandria Stadium in Alexandria, before taking on Guinea at the same venue four days later.

They will wrap up their group encounters against Madagascar, once again in Alexandria, on June 30.

The AFCON 2019 is billed to take place in Egypt from the 21st of June to the 20th of July.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 5:57pm On Jun 05, 2019
It seems ANS has struck again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:00pm On Jun 05, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

You are but I was..... Yet still believe the Lad he can make a Difference.

In football anything is possible

And I still want him to be dropped ba ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:09pm On Jun 05, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

..... But one thing I like about you is; if Iheanacho plays against Zimbabwe and brings A Game on Board, I definitely expect you join the Give-Him-a-Chance Train.

I will only canvass for him to be enlisted should he be played as a AM.... as a deputy to Iwobi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:16pm On Jun 05, 2019
Bolowolowo:

Now makes sense why Iwobi and Ekong won’t feature
Gernot Rohr to feature players with limited club action against Zimbabwe

By Calista Jacob-Akpan -June 4, 2019

Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr has revealed that he will give players who didn’t have enough game time at their clubs opportunity to play Saturday’s friendly encounter against the Warriors of Zimbabwe.

The likes of of Leon Balogun and Kelechi Iheanacho struggled for regular playing time at English Premier League clubs, Brighton Hove & Albion, and Leicester City respectively. And Rohr is ready to start working on their match rustiness.

Balogun only made eight league appearances for Brighton, while Iheanacho started most of Leicester City’s games from the bench.

“I want to see a lot of players who are not playing so much, give them the opportunity to play,” Rohr told reporters after team’s evening training session in Asaba on Monday.

“It can be for some defenders like Balogun, he is fit but he didn’t play so much, so we want to see him playing on Saturday and also some players like Kelechi who didn’t play at all, so we want to see him play on Saturday”.

The two-time African champions opened camping in Asaba, Delta State on Sunday for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations billed to hold in Egypt later this month.

Super Eagles are expected to leave for Ismaila, Egypt on Sunday for the final lap of their preparations.

Rohr’s Eagles’ last pre-tournament friendly is against Senegal, billed for the Ismailia Stadium on June 16.

The three-time African champions will get their AFCON 2019 campaign underway against Burundi on June 22 at the Alexandria Stadium in Alexandria, before taking on Guinea at the same venue four days later.

They will wrap up their group encounters against Madagascar, once again in Alexandria, on June 30.

The AFCON 2019 is billed to take place in Egypt from the 21st of June to the 20th of July.

whoever scored in this match...will surely make the squad....
it is as simple as that

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 6:20pm On Jun 05, 2019
andrew444:
Kayode

Wrong. It's Awoniyi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:21pm On Jun 05, 2019
isan:
Paul has really not done anything spectacular for him to be gutted if he's dropped

Hmm okay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 6:22pm On Jun 05, 2019
These are players that if I have the power will not near the Eagles camp. Ighalo , Musa , Iheanacho ,Ogu and Shehu. We all know Musa is all run and no skill likewise his northern brother, Shehu. Shehu can blow muscles but thats the end. Iheanacho own is even pathetic.....Nigga cant trap a ball, can't run with it ,and lately be can't score neither. Super Eagles should not be used by a psychologically depressed player to build himself back up. We dont have that time. You spent a whole season at your club without scoring a danm goal. Ighalo is there because of the absence of a trusted 9, it will be game over as soon as Onuachu and Osimhen start parking the goals. Ogu is a spent force, the only reason he is there loyalty...Nigga is a spent force.

In this nations cup I want to see Onyekuru more , Osimhen ability to cope in the big stage and manage the responsibilities of a top 9.

I want to see Omeruo mature fully into a confident center back, Ndidi into a more organized DM that can lay that pass on time.

I want to see Iwobi on the bench throughout the whole tournament, dude is a fraud. That spoilt nigga is disrespectful and he is not a Super Eagle material.

I want to see Simon Moses in the attacking midfield role.

I hope that Ekong has gotten over his amateurish passes.

I suggest Mikel play centrally and not attacking MD where his slow decision making kills the attack.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:22pm On Jun 05, 2019
iSlayer:

Wrong. It's Awoniyi.

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:24pm On Jun 05, 2019
zoboizee:
The battle for the players to be axed definitely will be in defense & forward between Awaziem & Ajayi, Osimhen & Iheanacho or probably on the wings between simon & onyekuru. The coach rates Kalu highly & admire the swift left foot of Chukwueze.The only left footed winger in the squad. Ighalo & Onuachu offers something different from Osimhen & Iheanacho. Musa though consistently inconsistent is untouchable except for injury and same goes for the rest of the squad. Rohr already has his preference of players. Just look at his past matches, see his squad, his first team choice & the Sub that always come in. He's predictable.

to be honest with you...the two most clinical strikers in that 25 man list...are
Nacho and Oshimen...

let's be truthful...
even ighalo I will say he has the physique to bully defenders and assert himself and also more skilful...but when it comes to scoring goals give it to nacho and oshimen

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by naturecures: 7:10pm On Jun 05, 2019
super eagles training session today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvWCltguNTQ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:24pm On Jun 05, 2019
Noah okafor on Switzerland in their uefa nations league against Portugal

Shey we get good player pass Switzerland ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by denniece1(m): 7:27pm On Jun 05, 2019
Noah Okafor on swiss bench. Another player almost lost.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:27pm On Jun 05, 2019
Humility017:

to be honest with you...the two most clinical strikers in that 25 man list...are
Nacho and Oshimen...

let's be truthful...
even ighalo I will say he has the physique to bully defenders and assert himself and also more skilful...but when it comes to scoring goals give it to nacho and oshimen

Why only nacho and osimhen?

Are you going by club form or eagles form ?

If by club form osimhen is a beast and he is new to the eagles and I know osimhen will do well in afcon

Club form and eagles form nacho is very poor ,or you want to keep living by past glories ?

Club form and eagles form ighalo is doing well so please explain your point ?

Have any player score more goals than ighalo in the past few months apart from osimhen because he is new to the eagles that we have to give it to them ?

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CoolJulian: 7:34pm On Jun 05, 2019
Players like Ighalo and Mikel are still very useful in the SE, contrary to the opinion of some, otherwise, who are the players that can effectively replace them...where are they?

It's so surprising that people are hardly talking about possible replacement for Mikel, especially; the midfield is one department that seriously needs reinforcement, and I wonder if the coach sees it that way.

Considering our other forwards, I pray they quickly develop into the players they ought to be, so we can have a breath of fresh air.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 05, 2019
Rooting for Switzerland to win Portugal this night
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:40pm On Jun 05, 2019
krattoss:
Rooting for Switzerland to win Portugal this night

because of naija player that is not playing for our national team ba ?

Portugal will win jor

(1) (2) (3) ... (6096) (6097) (6098) (6099) (6100) (6101) (6102) ... (16180) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks, Longneck and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.