Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,226 members, 7,846,061 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11837774 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6101) (6102) (6103) (6104) (6105) (6106) (6107) ... (16237) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:29pm On Jun 06, 2019
timay:

Bros calm down. Norway are now average at best now and are very beatable by Nigeria.

Norway are not what they used to be again, they now rely on past glory as a former world champion. The teams to beat in this competition are France, USA and England. Any team outside this three is beatable if we keep our heads down and not panick. I'm still rooting for the falcons to make second round though, even if they qualify as best looser

Did u see the result of the recent friendly between Norway and South Africa? 7-2 for Norway.

Yes, Norway are no longer that force they used to be. They have regressed and more so have we. They are still in top 10, so they are still way ahead of us.

A two goal margin defeat against Norway will be considered as a fair result for us.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:30pm On Jun 06, 2019
forgiveness:

Omeruo and Ekong should be starters. Form is very important.

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:31pm On Jun 06, 2019
forgiveness:

I just saw your third paragraph. None.

But Belgium pro League players walk into big teams or perform well in the EPL.

Please name the Belgium pro league players

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:33pm On Jun 06, 2019
komekn:

Onuachu gives the SE a different option that Iheanacho can not offer.

It's a difficult question, can he Onuachu stand up and be counted in comparison to the other options. The only contenders are Osihmen and Iheanacho.

In comparison he is more consistent and regards the Denmark league there are questions but so also are there questions about the Belguim league.

Iheanacho has been impotent for two seasons and he doesn't even look like he can up his game.

Based on your limited understanding.

This is from Brendan Rodgers who works daily with Iheanacho. A man who has coached the likes of Sterling, Suarez and Coutinho.

“I’ve been impressed with him,” Brendan Rodgers said.

“His appetite, his work, and then in games, where he has come on, whether it’s for five minutes or for 15 minutes, he’s impacted the game and done very well, and he nearly did again, it’s just unfortunate."

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:35pm On Jun 06, 2019
forgiveness:

Lukaku

Na only lukaku ? The way you talk be like say dem plenty

Abeg mention more

Besides lukaku first suffer for Chelsea bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 2:36pm On Jun 06, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

This is from Brendan Rodgers who works daily with Iheanacho. A man who has coached the likes of Sterling, Suarez and Coutinho.

“His appetite, his work, and then in games, where he has come on, whether it’s for five minutes or for 15 minutes, he’s impacted the game and done very well, and he nearly did again, it’s just unfortunate."
The good ole
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 2:39pm On Jun 06, 2019
komekn:

Mainly the creme de La creme of that league although l don't recall many strikers making the step up from the Belguim league to the EPL and being outstanding.

How many players have gone from Overhyped EPL you asslick to other leagues to be a hit?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:39pm On Jun 06, 2019
forgiveness:

Lukaku

Lukaku came into Chelsea as an 18 year old didn't play and after getting stale and denied opportunity, he was never going to replace Drogba.

He went on loan to West Bromwich the rest is now history.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:41pm On Jun 06, 2019
Afobear:

How many players have gone from Overhyped EPL you asslick to other leagues to be a hit?

Ronaldo
Gareth
Luca

To name a few.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:43pm On Jun 06, 2019
komekn:

Lukaku came into Chelsea as an 18 year old didn't play and after getting stale and denied opportunity, he was never going to replace Drogba.

He went on loan to West Bromwich the rest is now history.

Lukaku was not given a fair chance at Chelsea and was played off position a lot of times. When he got a run at West Brom, he was absolutely brilliant. So the Lukaku point is pin point accurate.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 2:44pm On Jun 06, 2019
komekn:

Ronaldo

Mumu man , How many I asked and not one individual!!!! Mumu Averaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggeeeeeeeeeeeeeee drunk Warri lout
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:46pm On Jun 06, 2019
komekn:

Ronaldo
Gareth
Luca

To name a few.

All these ones are already world class before leaving the English league

Can you call the average ones ?

So many players have come from others league and ended up being world class at England
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:47pm On Jun 06, 2019
Afobear:

Mumu man , How many I asked and not one individual!!!! Mumu Averaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggeeeeeeeeeeeeeee drunk Warri lout

Dusan Tadic currently at Ajax.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 2:48pm On Jun 06, 2019
komekn:

Ronaldo
Gareth
Luca

To name a few.

Michu
Carola
Bellerin
Aguero
D.silva
Yaya Toure
Fabregas
Juan Mata
LaPorte
Alexis Sanchez
Courtois
De Gea
Diego Costa
Makelele
Zabaleta
Ozil

Just to name a few

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:48pm On Jun 06, 2019
andrew444:

All these ones are already world class before leaving the English league

Can you call the average ones ?

So many players have come from others league and ended up being world class at England

That was not the question.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 2:48pm On Jun 06, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Another Averaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggeeeeeeeeeeeeeee drunk.....give me the people not one individual
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:49pm On Jun 06, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Okay but tadic return to his second home so you don't expect him to flop
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:49pm On Jun 06, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Everything Brendan has said is just waffle it don't mean anything.

The pertinent question us what has KC done in recent times in all honesty Absolutely NUTTIN.

I could tell you what Raheem said about Brendan but it's not printable, and it's not very palatable and it's more condemnation.

So because Brendan says all that Waffle you are carried away, you clearly dont know Brendan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:50pm On Jun 06, 2019
Afobear:

Michu
Carola
Bellerin
Aguero
D.silva
Yaya Toure
Fabregas
Juan Mata
LaPorte
Alexis Sanchez
Courtois
De Gea
Diego Costa
Makelele
Zabaleta
Ozil

Just to name a few

Edin Dzeko, Roma.
Gnabry,
Jadon Sancho

The thing is that most top players head to the EPL because of its top quality, not away.

Suarez,
Henry
Sylvinho
Pique
Carvalho

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:50pm On Jun 06, 2019
Humility017:

I tell you with the way this under 20 team messed up recently we really need these foreign born players to reinforce the super eagles...time to come

Believe it or leave it. Some of those Flying Eagles players will still graduate to the Super Eagles. Foreign born or Nigerian born.

Like I said before, there is no Flying Eagles set that has not produced players for the national team.

People have been tagging Aigbogun's Flying Eagles as the worst. I see them as people who are either miopic, mischievous, sentimental or a two young to have followed the Flying Eagles from decade to decade.

Do you know that JJ Okocha and Tijani Babangida's set of 1993 Flying Eagles did not even qualify out of their AYC Group? I don't even want to mention the 87 Flying Eagles that got whipped by Brazil 4:0, Italy 2:0 and played 2:2 with Canada. That team which is the worst Nigerian team to any FIFA tournament had likes of Siasia, Etim Esin, Okosieme, Odiaka, Ugbade, Willie Opara all of who progressed to play for the Super Eagles.
The 1997 Flying Eagles could not even qualify for the AYC as they lost on away goals rule to Sudan. That team had a certain Gbenga Okunowo who later played as a RB in Barcelona FC.
What of the 2001 Flying Eagles that had Batholomew Ogbeche, Christian Obodo and Justice Christopher? They could not qualify from the 2001 AYC Group. They even lost 4:1 to Ghana in their last group game.A year after Ogbeche and Christopher were in the WC. I can go on and on.
Every Flying Eagles set has always produced SE players. So please don't be so quick to write the 2019 Flying Eagles off.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:50pm On Jun 06, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

That was not the question.

Dem dey but dem no 2 plenty like that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:50pm On Jun 06, 2019
komekn:
it's not every troll you need to answer

Ronaldo
Gareth
Luca

To name a few.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:52pm On Jun 06, 2019
komekn:

Everything Brendan has said is just waffle it don't mean anything.

The pertinent question us what has KC done in recent times in all honesty Absolutely NUTTIN.

I could tell you what Raheem said about Brendan but it's not printable, and it's not very palatable and it's more condemnation.

So because Brendan says all that Waffle you are carried away, you clearly dont know Brendan.

I can tell you the good things Sterling said about Rodgers too.

No one can deny the impact of Rodgers at Celtics and now at Leicester City. He was also amazing at Swansea. They played one of the best brands in the EPL when he was there.

I will definitely listen to Brendan Rodgers because he has first hand information.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:52pm On Jun 06, 2019
Danielnino00:

Our brothers down south are the ones that ought to be more wary of Pepe and co... grin

Can't wait to read their comments on supersport and soccer laduma when they get kicked out grin

Lol. Abi

Nigeria, Senegal, Ivory coast and Tanzania for Semi-Final.

Just want to see Amunike Succeed. Hence my sentiments
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:53pm On Jun 06, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I can tell you the good things Sterling said about Rodgers too.

No one can deny the impact of Rodgers at Celtics and now at Leicester City. He was also amazing at Swansea. They played one of the best brands in the EPL when he was there.

I will definitely listen to Brendan Rodgers because he has first hand information.

But I still don't understand why he couldn't succeed after Suarez left
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:53pm On Jun 06, 2019
andrew444:

Dem dey but dem no 2 plenty like that

Because most times the players are heading to the EPL because of the grade of the league. Not the other way around.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:54pm On Jun 06, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Edin Dzeko, Roma.
Gnabry,
Jadon Sancho

The thing is that most top players head to the EPL because of its top quality, not away.

Suarez,
Henry
Sylvinho
Pique
Carvalho

Remove Jordan sancho there .

Did he even play 1 minute in the Epl that you are mentioning him ? Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 2:54pm On Jun 06, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Edin Dzeko, Roma.
Gnabry,
Jadon Sancho

Suarez,
Henry
Sylvinho
Pique
Carvalho

Joke on you Averaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Joe .... All these players moved from a different league to EPL

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:54pm On Jun 06, 2019
darkelf:

But I still don't understand why he couldn't succeed after Suarez left

That is like asking why Real Madrid thanked after CR7 left or Barcelona struggling after the departure of Ronaldo De Lima.

Every team struggles after losing a star player. Even City suffered when Fernandinho injured.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:55pm On Jun 06, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Because most times the players are heading to the EPL because of the grade of the league. Not the other way around.

Grade as in are they the best league in the world ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:55pm On Jun 06, 2019
andrew444:

Remove Jordan sancho there .

Did he even play 1 minute in the Epl that you are mentioning him ? Lol

He was training with the EPL team and he is one hundred percent a product of the system.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:56pm On Jun 06, 2019
Icon4s:

Believe it or leave it. Some of those Flying Eagles players will still graduate to the Super Eagles. Foreign born or Nigerian born.

Like I said before, there is no Flying Eagles set that has not produced players for the national team.

People have been tagging Aigbogun's Flying Eagles as the worst. I see them as people who are either miopic, mischievous, sentimental or a two young to have followed the Flying Eagles from decade to decade.

Do you know that JJ Okocha and Tijani Babangida's set of 1993 Flying Eagles did not even qualify out of their AYC Group? I don't even want to mention the 87 Flying Eagles that got whipped by Brazil 4:0, Italy 2:0 and played 2:2 with Canada. That team which is the worst Nigerian team to any FIFA tournament had likes of Siasia, Etim Esin, Okosieme, Odiaka, Ugbade, Willie Opara all of who progressed to play for the Super Eagles.
The 1997 Flying Eagles could not even qualify for the AYC as they lost on away goals rule to Sudan. That team had a certain Gbenga Okunowo who later played as a RB in Barcelona FC.
What of the 2001 Flying Eagles that had Batholomew Ogbeche, Christian Obodo and Justice Christopher? They could not qualify from the 2001 AYC Group. They even lost 4:1 to Ghana in their last group game.A year after Ogbeche and Christopher were in the WC. I can go on and on.
Every Flying Eagles set has always produced SE players. So please don't be so quick to write the 2019 Flying Eagles off.

Icon4s. It isn't about just graduating to the Senior team. Its about playing excellently when they get there. Besides, you're quoting from ancient history. Times have changed and with the kind of coach we have in Rohr, 90% of those guys may not make the SE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6101) (6102) (6103) (6104) (6105) (6106) (6107) ... (16237) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, robosky02(m), MetalJigsaw(m), villagereporter(m), typicalgamer(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.