Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,430 members, 7,846,789 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11840640 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6100) (6101) (6102) (6103) (6104) (6105) (6106) ... (16240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:28am On Jun 06, 2019
komekn:

Serious doubts about that, did Liverpool make an official bid/ offer. That was just media hype and manipulation by agents.

It was genuine.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 10:31am On Jun 06, 2019
timay:

Bros calm down. Norway are now average at best now and are very beatable by Nigeria.

Norway are not what they used to be again, they now rely on past glory as a former world champion. The teams to beat in this competition are France, USA and England. Any team

this three is beatable if we keep our heads down and not panick. I'm still rooting for the falcons to make second round though, even if they qualify as best looser

I'm no longer current then. Let's see how it will play out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 10:33am On Jun 06, 2019
Joebie:
I just dey laff people who dey put hope for Super Falcons. Me I dey wait for the next AWCON

At least show small hope na. Lol!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 10:35am On Jun 06, 2019
andrew444:

Without even making the bench of any match day squad
Smh

Terrible.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 10:37am On Jun 06, 2019
Danielnino00:

Aina played like 5 minutes as a LB against Zambia in Uyo. 90 minutes as a LB against Algeria in Constainte and 45 minutes as a LWB against Argentina... I thought it has already been established that he can play both LB and RB and even wingbcak .. What now changed ?
Forget this people. Aina played as a LWB against Argentina, same position Ebuehi played against Iceland. We watched these matches and knew who performed and who didn't. Aina might come good for the Eagles;this I believe. But on the colour of GWG, he hasn't given any impressive performance.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:40am On Jun 06, 2019
komekn:

What about Onuachu❓Is he not deserving of a call up , he has been consistent over the past few seasons.

This is Osimhen first real full season of first team competitive football. Great promise and potential but l would place Onuachu slightly over him, he bring something completely different albeit he lacks pace.

I would actually prefer to see them both.

Onauchu deserved to be at afcon that's why I want nacho to be dropped but it won't happen

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 10:46am On Jun 06, 2019
Rohr's Comment On Tyrone Ebuehi exclusion in the 25-man provisional list…

"Everybody just wants to see his favourite player or is that not the case? (laughter in the press conference hall).

We have called up 25 players to camp and those are the very best."

Culled from Completesport
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 06, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 11:00am On Jun 06, 2019
Samuel Edozie, a 16 years old winger with Millwall reportedly chased by Manchester City and Chelsea.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:37am On Jun 06, 2019
Certitude:

Forget this people. Aina played as a LWB against Argentina, same position Ebuehi played against Iceland. We watched these matches and knew who performed and who didn't. Aina might come good for the Eagles;this I believe. But on the colour of GWG, he hasn't given any impressive performance.

My brother.. that's the exact point I've been making... .
His performance at club level is impressive.. we only ask that he transform it to the GWG.. but some people have decided to be beclouded by sentiment...

Anyway we will get to see him play again o Saturday...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:39am On Jun 06, 2019
Stretch those legs boys. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:40am On Jun 06, 2019
Africa's best dribblers this season...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:57am On Jun 06, 2019
komekn:

There are exceptions to players not getting game time for instance player manager disagreement. Or in some cases there are players who are just simply much better than him.

However, that's not the case with KC he has simply diminished from season to season. There is no amount of training you will do in a few weeks that will turn him into a being a prolific outstanding forward players.

That's sentiment and emotive favoritism that is almost delusional.

Selection to the SE is not on past glories but current consistent continous top class outstanding performances in your club and league. NOTHING ELSE should be considered.

If there were no other options available to the SE then there could be some justification. But what about Onuachu and others.

With regards to Balogun he has done well for the SE and we don't seem to have many contenders in the CB position.

No contenders? Omeruo, Ekong, Awaziem and even Ajayi are pretenders abi?

If you want to be mister holier than thou u need to go all out in being honest. Iheanacho played more than Balogun true or false? Iheanacho's competition play in considerably lower leagues compared to Balogun true or false? So in fact you are the one with sentiment and emotive favoritism that is almost delusional if I am to be honest.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:01pm On Jun 06, 2019
Joebie:
At the end of the day Rohr na Rohr. See u all when the AFCON begins.

Abi oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:04pm On Jun 06, 2019
forgiveness:

Of course, the best players get noticed by EPL teams. But have you seen any best player from Danish League perform in the EPL?

Give it time.

If onuachu makes the final list and then performs well in the AFCON, who knows? Speedier league team may then request for his services.

When Onuachu gets to the premier league, we would then k is if he will come good. Till then, fingers crossed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:05pm On Jun 06, 2019
Danielnino00:
Africa's best dribblers this season...

I'm wary of that Nicolas Pepe guy sha

Bit I know other teams are afraid of our attackers as well. So no lele
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:14pm On Jun 06, 2019
darkelf:

I'm wary of that Nicolas Pepe guy sha

Bit I know other teams are afraid of our attackers as well. So no lele

Our brothers down south are the ones that ought to be more wary of Pepe and co... grin

Can't wait to read their comments on supersport and soccer laduma when they get kicked out grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 12:20pm On Jun 06, 2019
terzurum5:

Boss you're here?
I can't remember when last I saw your handwriting.
grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 12:20pm On Jun 06, 2019
terzurum5:

Boss you're here?
I can't remember when last I saw your handwriting.
grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:43pm On Jun 06, 2019
Danielnino00:

Our brothers down south are the ones that ought to be more wary of Pepe and co... grin

Can't wait to read their comments on supersport and soccer laduma when they get kicked out grin

Hahaha you mean South Africa ?

Are they in the same group with Ivory Coast ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:48pm On Jun 06, 2019
Danielnino00:

My brother.. that's the exact point I've been making... .
His performance at club level is impressive.. we only ask that he transform it to the GWG.. but some people have decided to be beclouded by sentiment...

Anyway we will get to see him play again o Saturday...

I think you are the one beclouded with sentiment ,you are just making it look like aina have been given so many minutes in the eagles to settle well and perform

Why not wait till our next match or afcon before you have anything to say more about aina ?

Are you guys not tired of this aina arguement?

Wait make afcon start abeg

The idowu that did well in the friendly against Argentina what did he do at the World Cup ? Yet you guys won't let aina rest .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:49pm On Jun 06, 2019
Certitude:

How was Tyrone against Serbia? Wasn't he poor? See his rating below.

You can't use one match to nail a player.

Did you say Aina hasn't given any impressive performance in the GWG?

What do you say about this rating by ESPN? Is 7 not impressive enough?

Nigeria Vs Libya

SUBS

DF Ola Aina 7

This looks to be a day of slow starts.

Introduced within the opening 20 minutes, he looked tentative and gave the ball away a few times, but grew into the game.

Such was his confidence in the second half, that he he stripped Mohamad Abdussalam right inside his own box with a strong tackle just before the half-time whistle.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/nigeria/story/3668599/nigeria-player-ratings-vs-libya

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:10pm On Jun 06, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

If you want to be mister holier than thou u need to go all out in being honest. Iheanacho played more than Balogun true or false? Iheanacho's competition play in considerably lower leagues compared to Balogun true or false? So in fact you are the one with sentiment and emotive favoritism that is almost delusional if I am to be honest.

Omeruo and Ekong should be starters. Form is very important.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:29pm On Jun 06, 2019
forgiveness:

Of course, the best players get noticed by EPL teams. But have you seen any best player from Danish League perform in the EPL?

Actually not come to mind immediately.

I have too admit not many but those who have are top notch. Eriksen at Tottenham, Schiemechel at Leicester currently. Can't think of any more.

And in reality they did not come direct from the Danish league so in actual fact I can think of NONE.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:34pm On Jun 06, 2019
komekn:

I have too admit not many but those who have are top notch. Eriksen at Tottenham, Schiemechel at Leicester currently. Can't think of any more.

And in reality they did not come direct from the Danish league so in actual fact I can think of NONE.

I just saw your third paragraph. None.

But Belgium pro League players walk into big teams or perform well in the EPL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 1:40pm On Jun 06, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

I think you misunderstood him.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:47pm On Jun 06, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

You don't know what honesty is, you have to have objectivity to be honest, you simply don't.

The pertinent issue is performances not just games played.

KC played more games than Balogun but can you be honest and assess his performance ❓ Has it been satisfactory, above average, good or abysmally woeful, please tell us HONESTLY ❓❓

Considering KC cost £25 million would you say there has been a good return on Leicester city's investment❓ HONESTLY speaking ❓ ❓

What would you describe a return of one goal in the EPL all season after 30 games. Please be HONEST❓

To make sure you do not get confused let me give you the meaning of HONESTY just in case you do not know.

free of deceit; truthful and sincere, straightforward frank, candid, genuine forthright, impartial, unprejudiced, OBJECTIVE, etc.

Omeruo and Ekong were never in dispute they are the regular CB's of the SE and there is no contention about thier positions they are the best we have for now. Awaziem is a contender thats all and in my opinion a very average one.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:56pm On Jun 06, 2019
forgiveness:

I just saw your third paragraph. None.

But Belgium pro League players walk into big teams or perform well in the EPL.

Mainly the creme de La creme of that league although l don't recall many strikers making the step up from the Belguim league to the EPL and being outstanding.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:00pm On Jun 06, 2019
komekn:

Mainly the creme de La creme of that league although l don't recall many strikers making the step up from the Belguim league to the EPL and being outstanding.

Lukaku

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:16pm On Jun 06, 2019
komekn:

There are exceptions to players not getting game time for instance player manager disagreement. Or in some cases there are players who are just simply much better than him.

However, that's not the case with KC he has simply diminished from season to season. There is no amount of training you will do in a few weeks that will turn him into a being a prolific outstanding forward players.

That's sentiment and emotive favoritism that is almost delusional.

Selection to the SE is not on past glories but current consistent continous top class outstanding performances in your club and league. NOTHING ELSE should be considered.

If there were no other options available to the SE then there could be some justification. But what about Onuachu and others.

With regards to Balogun he has done well for the SE and we don't seem to have many contenders in the CB position.

That is your opinion but keep in mind, Rohr travelled to Leicester City, met with Iheanacho and Ndidi, probably discussed with Brendan Rodgers before making his decision. So I think we should wait to see the decision of Rohr than running with what we feel.

However, I would have preferred Iheanacho preparing for the preseason.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:23pm On Jun 06, 2019
komekn:

You don't know what honesty is, you have to have objectivity to be honest, you simply don't.

The pertinent issue is performances not just games played.

KC played more games than Balogun but can you be honest and assess his performance ❓ Has it been satisfactory, above average, good or abysmally woeful, please tell us HONESTLY ❓❓

Considering KC cost £25 million would you say there has been a good return on Leicester city's investment❓ HONESTLY speaking ❓ ❓

What would you describe a return of one goal in the EPL all season after 30 games. Please be HONEST❓

To make sure you do not get confused let me give you the meaning of HONESTY just in case you do not know.

free of deceit; truthful and sincere, straightforward frank, candid, genuine forthright, impartial, unprejudiced, OBJECTIVE, etc.

Omeruo and Ekong were never in dispute they are the regular CB's of the SE and there is no contention about thier positions they are the best we have for now. Awaziem is a contender thats all and in my opinion a very average one.

You keep throwing the price tag. That creates room for bias in your analysis.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:27pm On Jun 06, 2019
komekn:

Eriksen came from Ajax to EPL. Schmeichel to the best of my knowledge lived his whole life in England. If we go with your Eriksen perspective, then the De Bruyne makes a good case for Belgium.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6100) (6101) (6102) (6103) (6104) (6105) (6106) ... (16240) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jihday(m), hustleranthem(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.