Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,115 members, 7,828,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11747362 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6110) (6111) (6112) (6113) (6114) (6115) (6116) ... (16180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:55am On Jun 07, 2019
Icon4s:

Well then, quite a long time ago thanks for the reminder. But I can't remember any game Kanu played. The team also had Tijani Babangida.

But the point remains that that team still produced quality SE players. If it were today peeps will write them off as "the worst Flying Eagles ever"

I am very much ok now. Discharged from the hospital and recovering at home.

I'm happy you're doing fine now.

Allah ya kara ma ka karfi n' jiki kwo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:03pm On Jun 07, 2019
forgiveness:

Will he get a call in a sane country?

He is one of the leaders of the team so he probably will.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:04pm On Jun 07, 2019
andrew444:

Epl is highest coup and they could not beat an unknown Anzhi to a player

They could not also beat a Chinese club in the signing of a certain Anderson talisca ?

I dey give you proof but you dey run away from proof

Carrasco ignored Epl for china also

You are being devoid of the truth. Some Chinese clubs have pulled some off but the major coup lies with the EPL. You know the truth but can pretend as much as you lack.

Are you saying the Chinese or Russian leagues attract more star players than the EPL?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:06pm On Jun 07, 2019
andrew444:

So ripping Arsenal and tearing city apart means achievement ?

No one said tear City apart but caused City trouble. However, in a short time, Rodgers shower his is a quality coach and not your everyday manager. If you want to hide from the truth, you are free.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:08pm On Jun 07, 2019
andrew444:

What higher grade of player that they keep on shopping from laliga small teams

That is because the top grade players in La Liga would move to the EPL to play among other top grade players. Thus leaving the La Liga with less quality.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:16pm On Jun 07, 2019
tbaba1234:

He is one of the leaders of the team so he probably will.

When did he become a leader? I thought Troost is even ahead of him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:03pm On Jun 07, 2019
nothing pesin no go read for this place simon moses to play AM? grin grin grin john ogu sef should play as false 9

timay:

They think AMF role is about gra gra and running aimlessly.

They want people that can't even cross accurately and are very selfish on the ball to come and play attacking midfield role. People that'll rather dribble into a tight corner instead of releasing passes to a striker Making a fine run, thereby messing up the run of play.

May be they think the role is only about aimless running and dribbling though. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:36pm On Jun 07, 2019
forgiveness:

Will he get a call in a sane country?
more like will he get call up with a country dripping with talents, unfortunately we don't have plenty top class defenders

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

That is because the top grade players in La Liga would move to the EPL to play among other top grade players. Thus leaving the La Liga with less quality.

Finito.

Just the way top Grade players like Suarez and coutinho moved to laliga, you are a very funny man

Just the way top grade eden hazard will end up at real madrid

Should i mention more top grade? i wonder what will be your excuse this time

Just the way nobody has won the balon d or from the top grade epl for the past 10 years

I wish you are a lawyer,you will make a very good lawyer

Lol

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:12pm On Jun 07, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

No one said tear City apart but caused City trouble. However, in a short time, Rodgers shower his is a quality coach and not your everyday manager. If you want to hide from the truth, you are free.

Should i mention how many club rip arsenal apart this season?

Even arsenal could not beat brighton does that make their coach a quality coach?

Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:19pm On Jun 07, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

You are being devoid of the truth. Some Chinese clubs have pulled some off but the major coup lies with the EPL. You know the truth but can pretend as much as you lack.

Are you saying the Chinese or Russian leagues attract more star players than the EPL?

No sir you are the person pretending here.

I am not saying the chinese or russian league attract more players than the epl, i am telling you football is all about money mostly but you have refused to agree with me that players from laliga has joined the epl because of bigger salary mostly

Now answer my simple question and you are just twisting it

How did anzhi of russia sign eto and willian ahead of epl teams?

How did zenit st petersburg sign Hulk ahead of chelsea?

How did rubin kazan sign Yann M villa ahead of arsenal?

I want you to tell me that the russian league attract players than the epl, please dont tell me its money oo since you have refuse to agree most laliga players go to the epl because of money

You are very very funny

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:29pm On Jun 07, 2019
Rhor on Nacho

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 2:34pm On Jun 07, 2019
There you have it guys.
Rohr will definitely drop Iheanacho (Confirmed) and a defender.
From the look of things, it's either Semilore Ajayi/Shehu to be dropped!
Also expect an attacking 3-5-2 formation. With Kalu and Simon on both wings. Omeruo, Ekong/Awaziem, Balogun/Ogu at the back.
A midfield of Mikel, Ndidi and Iwobi will withstand any midfield on the African continent!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 07, 2019
Stephen Keshi... I could remember that very day, i woke up to wish myself "HBD" on social media only for me to meet the shocking news all over twitter and Nairaland. I crawled back to my bed and wept bitterly... RIP Stephen Okechukwu Keshi... Happy birthday to me

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:43pm On Jun 07, 2019
OMANBALA1:

You are crazy....Most people think I have no emotion. 90% of the people on this thread know Iwobi has not solve our midfielder problems. EOD.
and when was he played in the MF ? see ehn if u get personal matter against Iwobi,let us know.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:44pm On Jun 07, 2019
fabyom:
There you have it guys.
Also expect an attacking 3-5-2 formation. With Kalu and Simon on both wings. Omeruo, Ekong/Awaziem, Balogun/Ogu at the back.
A midfield of Mikel, Ndidi and Iwobi will withstand any midfield on the African continent!

Ajayi makes up for our lean midfield, Shehu is Rohr's 1st or 2nd choice RB

The only person surplus to requirements is Awaziem
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:46pm On Jun 07, 2019
tbaba1234:

No matter how inactive, Balogun is, he always puts in top performances for Nigeria. This season, he was just unlucky.

even more, Balogun has been working hard since the season ended, training himself and all....he's not a lazy defender, just unlucky
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:46pm On Jun 07, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Iwobi has been played in that position on numerous times both club side and in the national team,yet he has not stamped his feet. We will never know what Simon can do until he is played in that position.
Get your facts right bro, Iwobi played majorly as a winger both in GWG and at arsenal. cut the guy some slack abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 2:48pm On Jun 07, 2019
Earthquake2:

Never, one of the best defenders in Turkey!
Nope!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:50pm On Jun 07, 2019
forgiveness:

I am a fan of both teams.

Despite showing you facts you still keep lying to yourself. Where are your facts?

Hazerd at Chelsea played AMF several times. Facts don't lie but you lied.

Just to point out because the position is tagged AMF, means Hazard was playing the 10 role. This is from one of the games highlighted as Hazard playing the AMF position. From the picture below you can see he was actually not playing the creative midfield role with three other players outside him and Cole in the midfield.

So take the stat with a pinch of salt.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:51pm On Jun 07, 2019
fabyom:
There you have it guys.
everybody is shouting Balogun, when we should be asking about Shehu that has failed to distinguish himself in the RB role

Shehu and Iheanacho should be left behind, Iheanacho especially, to prove that you can't just laze around an entire season, then jump inside the Super Eagles. We aren't a confidence-building team.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:53pm On Jun 07, 2019
andrew444:

I am not saying the chinese or russian league attract more players than the epl, i am telling you football is all about money mostly but you have refused to agree with me that players from laliga has joined the epl because of bigger salary mostly

I want you to tell me that the russian league attract players than the epl, please dont tell me its money oo since you have refuse to agree most laliga players go to the epl because of money

You are very very funny

I did not talk bigger clubs. My point is simple, the EPL attracts higher grade of players. Talking Russia and China does not change the fact. Talking it is because of money does not change the fact. So I ask, what is your point in the argument?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:55pm On Jun 07, 2019
fabyom:

Never, one of the best defenders in Turkey!
Nope!!

He's the fourth choice center back unfortunately
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2019
andrew444:

You are very very funny

Saying I am funny and pretending does not change the simple fact. So please are you saying China and Russia are attracting more top players than the EPL?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2019
fabyom:
There you have it guys.
Ogu at CB? ok o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:58pm On Jun 07, 2019
Earthquake2:

how is Awaziem surplus to requirements?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:58pm On Jun 07, 2019
andrew444:

Should i mention how many club rip arsenal apart this season?

Even arsenal could not beat brighton does that make their coach a quality coach?

Lol

Get the point before arguing because your comment is totally oblivious to the point.

The point is the transformation of Leicester City from a conservative to a possessive side that played Arsenal off the park. That can not be done by an average coach.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2019
safarigirl:
everybody is shouting Balogun, when we should be asking about Shehu that has failed to distinguish himself in the RB role

Shehu and Iheanacho should be left behind, Iheanacho especially, to prove that you can't just laze around an entire season, then jump inside the Super Eagles. We aren't a confidence-building team.
Iheanacho is definitely not going to AFCON!
Balogun cannot be drop.
The last game against Egypt, he was the Motm even though he did not play for months!
Balogun will play in the back 3 alongside Ekong and Omeruo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:00pm On Jun 07, 2019
Earthquake2:

He's the fourth choice center back unfortunately
Taking 3 CBs to AFCON is risky
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:00pm On Jun 07, 2019
mostob:
how is Awaziem surplus to requirements?

We have Balogun, Ekong and Omeruo as first 3 CB

We then have Ajayi who can fill in CB and DM

Awaziem is left out of the equation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2019
mostob:
Taking 3 CBs to AFCON is risky

He's not even 4th choice, he's 5th choice behind Ajayi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:04pm On Jun 07, 2019
andrew444:

Just the way top Grade players like Suarez and coutinho moved to laliga, you are a very funny man

Just the way top grade eden hazard will end up at real madrid

Should i mention more top grade? i wonder what will be your excuse this time

Just the way nobody has won the balon d or from the top grade epl for the past 10 years

I wish you are a lawyer,you will make a very good lawyer

Lol

You can see that you went off tangent with your above point. I earlier talked about the big two. So bringing them on is concurring with my point.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6110) (6111) (6112) (6113) (6114) (6115) (6116) ... (16180) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amedino99(m), Kog45(m), mostob(m), Napoleon55(m), Barryseal and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.