Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,335 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11611989 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6113) (6114) (6115) (6116) (6117) (6118) (6119) ... (16126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:58pm On Jun 07, 2019
Roughly translated from Dutch,

Dennis Bonaventure wanted by Lyon, Arsenal and fenerbahce

With some good performances last season, Emmanuel Dennis played in the spotlight at a foreign club. A transfer seems to be coming this summer, even though one club is already dropping out.

According to the Turkish Fanatik, Fenerbahçe showed an interest in the Nigerian attacker. However, the club finds the asking price for Dennis too high and drops out for Dennis. There is also strong competition for Dennis, who is on the wish list of various foreign top clubs.

The source also indicates that Arsenal and Olympique Lyon are targeting Club Brugge's attacker. Both clubs would also offer Dennis up to around thirteen to fourteen million euros.

The 21-year-old Nigerian still has a contract until mid-2021 at Club Brugge. This season, he scored seven goals and three assists in 32 games.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 4:59pm On Jun 07, 2019
Truidstar:
Una just dey waste time dey argue. Iheanacho and Awaziem to be dropped. You read it here first.

Wait, Awaziem to be dropped while headless chicken Shehu is going? Awaziem can play all position in the defense including DM but we are gonna ignore that and take Shehu....Nsogbu adiro!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Wait, Awaziem to be dropped while headless chicken Shehu is going? Awaziem can play all position in the defense including DM but we are gonna ignore that and take Shehu....Nsogbu adiro!
I have said it before. Una just dey waste time and data analysing a settled matter. Rohr is not going to and will not drop Shehu under any circumstances. Rohr has players he trusts. Iheanacho and Awaziem to be dropped.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:08pm On Jun 07, 2019
Iheanacho needs a run of games where he just keeps scoring by hook or crook. He needs to start trusting his ability again.

Unfortunately, the national team is not the place to boost your confidence.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:19pm On Jun 07, 2019
Earthquake2:

He's not even 4th choice, he's 5th choice behind Ajayi

Where did you get this information from?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:23pm On Jun 07, 2019
Danielnino00:

See as Chukwueze dey dribble him uncle but the uncle dey draw am back. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2019
forgiveness:

Where did you get this information from?

If you watch our matches you would know
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:36pm On Jun 07, 2019
mostob:
Rohr sees Ajayi as a DM or RB. Rohr might decide to play a back 3 at the tournament so dropping Awaziem May be calamitous. .

And as a Defender too.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:37pm On Jun 07, 2019
safarigirl:

Nobody should spoonfeed a grown adult. He isn't the first footballer to be put in a difficult situation, many others have been thrown in head first, and they swam against the tides.

Is it just his lack of any footballing sense on field? What about his off field antics? If your life is not balanced off field, it is a given that your game will be poor.

So, while it is far easier to blame Guardiola, Puel, or whichever coach Kelechi has found himself under, let us remember, that we hold the pen in our stories and we write what we want, nobody should write your story for you. Kelechi is turning 23 this year, his time is running out in football, he must find hos confidence and build it. For all the friends he has, it is terrible that he is lacking in confidence, what are those people in his life good for, if they can't boost his confidence?

How the direction of the tide has changed. The first quarrel between us in this group was because of Iheanacho.

I think a lot of us here have now come to realize that Youth Success is different from senior team Success.

They said I was too conservative with my expectations on young star players. I said it before that I have seen great Youth Players come and go. Very obvious talents. Majority of them fail to live up to expectations.

Now we understand why I don't trust every young player.

My take on Iheanacho is if he applies himself well in camp and puts in good enough shifts in the friendly games then Rohr should take him to Egypt. Else he should be dropped. But within my heart, unlike some, I am not yet ruling him out completely.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:42pm On Jun 07, 2019
Earthquake2:

As tough as Iheanacho's experiences may have been he has never had it as Iwobi

Sometimes I marvel at the mental strength of the guy to keep on going despite what Arsenal fans have put him through
he has a strong support base at home. Friends and family that hold him down, elevate him. Kelechi doesn't have that, seemingly. No mum, and his dad is obviously just interested in the money, and to be sincere, that's probably what all the others want from him. As long as the money keeps flowing, they're good.

Iwobi's people care, Kelechi's don't.....and the ones who do, are probably too far to make any impact
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2019
Rohr has confirmed that one striker will be dropped. The other player could be a defender.

Super Eagles 3-5-2 Formation : Rohr Planning To Deploy Kalu, Simon As Wing-Backs In 2019 AFCON

Published: June 07, 2019

Super Eagles 3-5-2 Formation : Rohr Planning To Deploy Kalu, Simon As Wing-Backs In 2019 AFCON
Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr has hinted that Levante's Moses Simon and Bordeaux's Samuel Kalu will be deployed as left and right wing-backs respectively at the Africa Cup of Nations, if he goes with a 3-5-2 formation.

Simon was regularly deployed as a wing-back last season by Levante coach Paco López and Kalu was used as a makeshift right wing-back in the Super Eagles 1-1 draw against South Africa last November.

''We have them (strikers) but we have to drop one of them. Don't forget that we have wingers who can play as fullbacks like we did against South Africa with Kalu who was on the right side, right fullback and a winger the same time,'' Rohr said at Thursday's press conference attended by allnigeriasoccer.com.

''When we play 3-5-2 like we did against Iceland at the World Cup or we did in South Africa, there's also a possibility for Simon Moses to play like he did in his club, on the left side, so we have full backs which is also very good to know tactically.

''And then we have three strikers, Ighalo the goalscorer, we have Osimhen who did well with his club and is one for the future and we have one tall one.

''It is good for me but it is sometimes difficult for me to choose players. But I'm happy to have this good quality, so let's go with offensive spirit to the AFCON because we want to win our games.''

Apart from Kalu and Simon, the other wingers named to Nigeria's provisional roster are Ahmed Musa, Henry Onyekuru, Samuel Chukwueze and the versatile Arsenal star Alex Iwobi.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=32424

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:44pm On Jun 07, 2019
Truidstar:

I have said it before. Una just dey waste time and data analysing a settled matter. Rohr is not going to and will not drop Shehu under any circumstances. Rohr has players he trusts. Iheanacho and Awaziem to be dropped.
we go dey wait
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 5:44pm On Jun 07, 2019
safarigirl:
he has a strong support base at home. Friends and family that hold him down, elevate him. Kelechi doesn't have that, seemingly. No mum, and his dad is obviously just interested in the money, and to be sincere, that's probably what all the others want from him. As long as the money keeps flowing, they're good.

Iwobi's people care, Kelechi's don't.....and the ones who do, are probably too far to make any impact

Kelechi doesn't care don't make it as if he is under a persecution or something

He's collecting 70k a week and languishing his career
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:45pm On Jun 07, 2019
Chai! Italy don score Mali angry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:48pm On Jun 07, 2019
forgiveness:

Rohr has confirmed that one striker will be dropped. The other player could be a defender.

Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr has hinted that Levante's Moses Simon and Bordeaux's Samuel Kalu will be deployed as left and right wing-backs respectively at the Africa Cup of Nations, if he goes with a 3-5-2 formation.

Simon was regularly deployed as a wing-back last season by Levante coach Paco López and Kalu was used as a makeshift right wing-back in the Super Eagles 1-1 draw against South Africa last November.

''We have them (strikers) but we have to drop one of them. Don't forget that we have wingers who can play as fullbacks like we did against South Africa with Kalu who was on the right side, right fullback and a winger the same time,'' Rohr said at Thursday's press conference attended by allnigeriasoccer.com.

''When we play 3-5-2 like we did against Iceland at the World Cup or we did in South Africa, there's also a possibility for Simon Moses to play like he did in his club, on the left side, so we have full backs which is also very good to know tactically.

''And then we have three strikers, Ighalo the goalscorer, we have Osimhen who did well with his club and is one for the future and we have one tall one.

''It is good for me but it is sometimes difficult for me to choose players. But I'm happy to have this good quality, so let's go with offensive spirit to the AFCON because we want to win our games.''

Apart from Kalu and Simon, the other wingers named to Nigeria's provisional roster are Ahmed Musa, Henry Onyekuru, Samuel Chukwueze and the versatile Arsenal star Alex Iwobi.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

we know who is missing on this lineup.

The other 3 are just too hot to be dropped. The records speak
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:48pm On Jun 07, 2019
forgiveness:

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

So is Iheanacho no longer a striker?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:50pm On Jun 07, 2019
timay:

You see that is where u are wrong.

Iwobi got into the National team as a Midfielder not even as a winger in the first place, during Arsene wenger's era. He only started playing in the wings under their new coach in this just concluded season.

So what's your point?

Iwobi started as a winger in GWG.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:56pm On Jun 07, 2019
Earthquake2:

Kelechi doesn't care don't make it as if he is under a persecution or something

He's collecting 70k a week and languishing his career
I don't think he quite understands the pull of the wind, perhaps when he misses out on AFCON, he will gain perspective
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hoodedjaystrim(m): 5:56pm On Jun 07, 2019
Earthquake2:
Cartoonised work of myself
take it to the bank
fvck!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:59pm On Jun 07, 2019
Arsenal makes bid of 12m euros to sign Bonaventure Dennis, lyon also very interested
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:00pm On Jun 07, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

So is Iheanacho no longer a striker?

Seems not listed on the roster as a CF of which he is naturally not.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 6:02pm On Jun 07, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

You said that Leicester City fans were getting to him and this is what I answered about. I personally wouldn't have invited Iheanacho and Balogun because they are the only odd ones out. But as I always say the decision is up to the coach and I will accept whatever it is.
balogun is different he has arguably been the best defender in the super Eagles since Rohr took over in our last match against Egypt he was good on the other hand k c has been poor for club and country
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:05pm On Jun 07, 2019
andrew444:

He is rohr pa

Hahahaha!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:07pm On Jun 07, 2019
nacho should be dropped simple!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:08pm On Jun 07, 2019
Glasgow rangers open talks with Joe aribo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:08pm On Jun 07, 2019
Earthquake2:

How do you know
He plays there for his club and he has been decent this season . And I think he had played that 2 positions more than CB
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 07, 2019
1-1... Mali Equalise... This Boy Koita is something else
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 6:11pm On Jun 07, 2019
mostob:
He plays there for his club and he has been decent this season . And I think he had played that 2 positions more than CB

For his club or for the GWG?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 6:11pm On Jun 07, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Glasgow rangers open talks with Joe aribo

Nobody buy this your boy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:12pm On Jun 07, 2019
10 man Mali equalize. Na wa o grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:13pm On Jun 07, 2019
darkelf:

Maybe except for danny shittu. Dude always played his heart out

Always had a lot of time for Shittu the consummate professional IMO.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 6:20pm On Jun 07, 2019
Man City release Bashiru not sure which one

(1) (2) (3) ... (6113) (6114) (6115) (6116) (6117) (6118) (6119) ... (16126) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ChrisKels and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.