Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,053 members, 7,828,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11746604 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6116) (6117) (6118) (6119) (6120) (6121) (6122) ... (16180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:03pm On Jun 07, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Arsenal makes bid of 12m euros to sign Bonaventure Dennis, lyon also very interested

7 goals and 3 assists in 32 appearances.

Him try sha but he can do way better (since he is a striker)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:05pm On Jun 07, 2019
Abeg, any news about David Okereke

10 goals and 12 assists in 33 appearances in Serie B is not bad at all

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:25pm On Jun 07, 2019
tbaba1234:
Iheanacho needs a run of games where he just keeps scoring by hook or crook. He needs to start trusting his ability again.

Unfortunately, the national team is not the place to boost your confidence.

If only he can replicate his Pre-season form and sustain it a little longer into the season, then, the story might change.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:29pm On Jun 07, 2019
Icon4s:

How the direction of the tide has changed. The first quarrel between us in this group was because of Iheanacho.

I think a lot of us here have now come to realize that Youth Success is different from senior team Success.

They said I was too conservative with my expectations on young star players. I said it before that I have seen great Youth Players come and go. Very obvious talents. Majority of them fail to live up to expectations.

Now we understand why I don't trust every young player.

My take on Iheanacho is if he applies himself well in camp and puts in good enough shifts in the friendly games then Rohr should take him to Egypt. Else he should be dropped. But within my heart, unlike some, I am not yet ruling him out completely.

I wish I can have someone like you as my boss, so, I can mess around all year and You'd still give me more chances at redemption.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:41pm On Jun 07, 2019
he is a winger and used mainly as a wing back last season
darkelf:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:43pm On Jun 07, 2019
Southampton are leading the race to sign him so far with fiorentina,inter and cyrstal interested as well
darkelf:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:49pm On Jun 07, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

This is the first time I am seeing someone arguing with another by concurring with the person's point.

lol!! That's Andrew for you.

He expects you to say things exactly the way he'd say them because he believes that's the only way it could have been said.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:53pm On Jun 07, 2019
Players when never smell Naija shirt no need support? How is this different from Aigbogun’s stunts?

TheGoodJoe:
When someone is down, he needs support, not threading on.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:54pm On Jun 07, 2019
grin

chrisooblog:
if KC was getting half the abuse iwobi gets from his own fans he would have retired since.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:58pm On Jun 07, 2019
Sounds good.

mostob:
'...and one tall one' ... lolz Rohr is such a savage. I think with the above article, kelechi and Shehu supposed to be dropped positional -wise. Kalu and Simon are the first choice WBs... Collins and Aina will be the deputies. ... since Rohr no mention kelechi as striker, him case don close be dat abi? Anyway, what do I know?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:59pm On Jun 07, 2019
charlesemeka85:
he is a winger and used mainly as a wing back last season

Ohh. I did not know

In that case, him try well, well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:01am On Jun 08, 2019
I hope Icon79 is okay ooo?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 12:34am On Jun 08, 2019
I JUST LIKE THE NAMES OF ZIMBABWE PLAYERS WHO HAVE ARRIVED IN NIGERIA FOR THE FRIENDLY

Divine shocked
Tenage cheesy
Marvelous wink
Talent Chalapihwa cheesy
Nyashe Mushekwi grin
khama Billiat angry
Knowledge Musona shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:40am On Jun 08, 2019
forgiveness:

Rohr has confirmed that one striker will be dropped. The other player could be a defender.

Super Eagles 3-5-2 Formation : Rohr Planning To Deploy Kalu, Simon As Wing-Backs In 2019 AFCON

Published: June 07, 2019

''And then we have three strikers, Ighalo the goalscorer, we have Osimhen who did well with his club and is one for the future and we have one tall one.

''It is good for me but it is sometimes difficult for me to choose players. But I'm happy to have this good quality, so let's go with offensive spirit to the AFCON because we want to win our games.''

Apart from Kalu and Simon, the other wingers named to Nigeria's provisional roster are Ahmed Musa, Henry Onyekuru, Samuel Chukwueze and the versatile Arsenal star Alex Iwobi.

Yet they'd say the old man has a defeatist mentality, always giving excuses.... undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:30am On Jun 08, 2019
darkelf:

According to some reports, Southampton have agreed a deal to sign him

£13.5m

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:37am On Jun 08, 2019
gamaliel9:
I JUST LIKE THE NAMES OF ZIMBABWE PLAYERS WHO HAVE ARRIVED IN NIGERIA FOR THE FRIENDLY

Divine shocked
Tenage cheesy
Marvelous wink
Talent Chalapihwa cheesy
Nyashe Mushekwi grin
khama Billiat angry
Knowledge Musona shocked

Not different from what you’ll see in the Niger Delta region where people have names like ‘Chairman, Government, Success, Endurance, Secondus etc as their first names.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:22am On Jun 08, 2019
gamaliel9:

Divine shocked
Tenage cheesy
Marvelous wink
Talent Chalapihwa cheesy
Nyashe Mushekwi grin
khama Billiat angry
Knowledge Musona shocked
Nyashe, lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:28am On Jun 08, 2019
Rhor can please fire his scouts, so all the clubs in both the NPFL and NNL can't boast of a GK who's better than Akpeyi? That's an insult on all professional keepers plying their trade in the country

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:29am On Jun 08, 2019
jihday:
Rhor can please fire his scouts, so all the clubs in both the NPFL and NNL can't boast of a GK who's better than Akpeyi? That's an insult on all professional keepers plying their trade in the country

So Maduka Okoye is the best they can come up with... unimpressed..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:54am On Jun 08, 2019
tbaba1234:

So Maduka Okoye is the best they can come up with... unimpressed..
Me too, I'm totally disappointed in the coaching crew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 8:05am On Jun 08, 2019
Do we have better goalkeepers in the league? If so, who are they ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:08am On Jun 08, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Oga that one na eye service. France hosted the 2018 U20s and still came 4th even with their star studded team. The are the biggest under achievers in the women's game. I remember in 2014 when Oshoala hit the world scene, the team I was most afraid of was France but like film trick they were bundled out the tournament before we could even meet.

In decades past, the dominant forces in Europe were likes of Norway, Germany and Sweden.

But recently Countries like Spain and France (in particular) have really experienced massive improvements.

Citing the French U20 as an eg, U20 is what it is :"U20".

French Female football has developed so much in the last 10years as they can now easily rub shoulders with the best in the world.

This tournament they are hosting is an opportunity for them to make a very bold statement. Even if they end up not winning it, they are a team to watch.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:15am On Jun 08, 2019
junnyjake:

I wish I can have someone like you as my boss, so, I can mess around all year and You'd still give me more chances at redemption.

grin

First of all my kind of boss will not take someone who didn't merit being there in the first place.
Secondly, I don't just jump and trust in the abilities of a new recruit. I will have to observe him develop with time before I will start having some level of confidence in him.
Thirdly, once I have confidence in his abilities even if he is having a rough patch presently, I will still have some level of confidence in him knowing what he can do if he gets it right.
Fourthly I will sit him down and talk things out with him, setting new targets for him to meet.
Lastly, if he still doesn't measure up, I will send him out and recruit a new personnel for the job.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:22am On Jun 08, 2019
Icon4s:

How the direction of the tide has changed. The first quarrel between us in this group was because of Iheanacho.

I think a lot of us here have now come to realize that Youth Success is different from senior team Success.

They said I was too conservative with my expectations on young star players. I said it before that I have seen great Youth Players come and go. Very obvious talents. Majority of them fail to live up to expectations.

Now we understand why I don't trust every young player.

My take on Iheanacho is if he applies himself well in camp and puts in good enough shifts in the friendly games then Rohr should take him to Egypt. Else he should be dropped. But within my heart, unlike some, I am not yet ruling him out completely.

I would not say a lot with regards to the bold just a very few.

I have seen youth players bought for a million at 16 and after one season they are considered, " bad market" . Youth football always flatters to DECIEVE.

I actually have more optimimism for a youth players playing lower league but fighting his way up. I have seen possibly more non league players climb up than the so called academy prospects.

Consistency is the next thing, so many young players have one or two good seasons and just fizzle out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 8:37am On Jun 08, 2019
jihday:
Me too, I'm totally disappointed in the coaching crew

Gernot Rohr and his crew always flatter to deceive. I'm very sure his goalkeepers will be forgotten names by the time he's gone. Uzoho & co are what Chigozie Agbim was to the squad before the last CHAN team. Keshi made us to know that Agbim was the best in Nigeria then just like Rohr is telling us Uzoho is the best for now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:47am On Jun 08, 2019
zoboizee:

Gernot Rohr and his crew always flatter to deceive. I'm very sure his goalkeepers will be forgotten names by the time he's gone. Uzoho & co are what Chigozie Agbim was to the squad before the last CHAN team. Keshi made us to know that Agbim was the best in Nigeria then just like Rohr is telling us Uzoho is the best for now.
nobody is as bad as Agbim. Don't say this again, please
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:57am On Jun 08, 2019
komekn:

I would not say a lot with regards to the bold just a very few.

I have seen youth players bought for a million at 16 and after one season they are considered, " bad market" . Youth football always flatters to DECIEVE.

I actually have more optimimism for a youth players playing lower league but fighting his way up. I have seen possibly more non league players climb up than the so called academy prospects.

Consistency is the next thing, so many young players have one or two good seasons and just fizzle out.

My brother, you are very spot on.

Football development is not like a straight positive arithmetic progression. Some players will stagnate, some will regress and some that were never even considered as future prospects will progress geometrically.

Before I stick my head out for any young player I will like to see him play like 2-3 senior professional seasons whether in Europe or in the NPFL irrespective of his achievements at U17.

Even shinning at U23 doesn't guarantee a successful career not to talk of U17.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:19am On Jun 08, 2019
junnyjake:

lol!! That's Andrew for you.

He expects you to say things exactly the way he'd say them because he believes that's the only way it could have been said.

Smiles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:21am On Jun 08, 2019
darkelf:

Always playing from the flanks at club Brugge ,there was some games he even played at wing back

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:23am On Jun 08, 2019
Danielnino00:

grin. U never follow Andrew argue before ? grin .. He either says"I agree with you" or start some argument u really can't understand grin

Lol

I hope you understand what thegoodjoe is saying ?

You guys should be happy that this arguement is not about iheanacho unless na goodjoe una go tire for

Thegoodjoe never gets tired ,me just dey look al as I don even tire to follow am argue .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:26am On Jun 08, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

So I ask again, what is your argument because you have not said anything contrary to my point or you just want to argue for argument sake?

Bros you no dey tire to twist arguement ?

At least am happy this is not about iheanacho before you go turn this thread to dictionary.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:41am On Jun 08, 2019
Icon4s:

In decades past, the dominant forces in Europe were likes of Norway, Germany and Sweden.

But recently Countries like Spain and France (in particular) have really experienced massive improvements.

Citing the French U20 as an eg, U20 is what it is :"U20".

French Female football has developed so much in the last 10years as they can now easily rub shoulders with the best in the world.

This tournament they are hosting is an opportunity for them to make a very bold statement. Even if they end up not winning it, they are a team to watch.

We shall see.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6116) (6117) (6118) (6119) (6120) (6121) (6122) ... (16180) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chrisooblog, charlesemeka85(m), solonnachi, TheGoodJoe(m), twentyk(m), Timixion and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.