Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11679038 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6133) (6134) (6135) (6136) (6137) (6138) (6139) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:36am On Jun 09, 2019
darkelf:

I doubt Rohr would start Onuachu in AFCON

I believe Rohr will because Onuachu fits his conservative ideology of playing compact at the back and feeding to a big man to hold up play.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:37am On Jun 09, 2019
komekn:

Your deduction is entirely anchored on the comparison between KC and Ighalo.

One question ❓ What was KC club form and what was Ighalo then compare the two. Underpin your deduction with the premise that it's your consistent outstanding performances at club level that qualify and justify SE call up.

Now add in to the mix the different attributes the players have. For instance Ighalo has presence and hold up play as a lone striker. Something KC simply doesn't have.

Now do you still think that Ighalo was given preferential treatment, HONESTLY SPEAKING ❓

You're asking for what he doesn't have. He's just being emotional and sentimental. Deep down, he knows that nacho doesn't deserve the inclusion into the preliminary list not to talk of the final list

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:38am On Jun 09, 2019
Onuachu for iheanacho seems ideal but I believe Rohr's reason to pick onuachu is because of his physique which may be handy in some matches in the competition. But the ajayi I watched several times in the colors of Rotherdam is not better than Awaziem. Rotherdam is a poor team and if Awaziem happens to find himself in a team such as Rotherham he will be a constant hit.
Kog45:
Charles,well Rohr has picked his team and we should all respect his decision but if I have my way I will drop Onuachu and Awaziem for Iheanacho and Ajayi.My opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:39am On Jun 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Oga Rohr monitored them from close quarters and have his reason of dropping him. I have never rated ajayi as a top defender and Awaziem is miles better than him. His primary duties is not to score goals and I wonder how that is gonna help the team when he is likely to be a bench players if he had made the team.
I don't see much difference between Awaziem and Ajayi.So no much fuss about Ajayi not making it but Awaziem has not done anything spectacular in eagles colour.I hope he would not be a player like Uche Okafor of Westerhoff era.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:41am On Jun 09, 2019
Lmao and if it doesn't happen as u predicted hugging of transformer awaits u
kellycute:
this is not a matter of wish. Group stage exit await y'all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:43am On Jun 09, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Rohr should keep his righteousness to himself. Which righteousness if the young man will not get a shot.

Oga, iheanacho wasn't good enough to begin with and no amount of whining can change the fact that he had a pooor season.

Now, I'm one of those against Rigr for inviting him in the first place bit I'm sure you'll still blast Rohr for not inviting him if he didn't. Nacho needs to set his priorities straight

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:44am On Jun 09, 2019
elyte89:

.d question is y?

Una no just want dis guy...yet wheneva he's introduced into d game,he plays decently compared to oda midfielder

I can tell u categorically dt I av felt ogu's impact more with d little time he spent on d pitch with eagles dan ndidi himself... Ndidi has not been dt spectacular to me in GWG,Hes just dere.

Lol ,not me bro

You go see am nah

If Coach pick am say I fit stop am ? No
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:45am On Jun 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Oga Rohr monitored them from close quarters and have his reason of dropping him. I have never rated ajayi as a top defender and Awaziem is miles better than him. His primary duties is not to score goals and I wonder how that is gonna help the team when he is likely to be a bench player if he had made the team.

Why didn't you say that from the beginning? Ajayi has all the physical tools to be a great defender. He is tall, fast and can jump. He also can play as a fullback or in the midfield. You can bring him on as an auxiliary striker when chasing a game because of his height and goal scoring prowess. He can defend and score on set pieces. I don't think we have a single defender that offers that much.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:46am On Jun 09, 2019
Even if he made the team is he gonna start any match? Or he will be subbed in when ever the team have a set piece opportunity? cheesy cheesy grin Lame reasoning
BascoVanVeli:

Forget a defender this boy scores goals. Name a set piece threat in Nigeria? Now I am giving you 180m people to pick from not just the team.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 11:46am On Jun 09, 2019
I would have preferred he invite Iheanacho and drop him than invite Nwaekeme or Awoniyi and drop them

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:48am On Jun 09, 2019
Lmao ajayi have all this qualities and is yet to be signed by barca or real Madrid?
BascoVanVeli:

Why didn't you say that from the beginning? Ajayi has all the physical tools to be a great defender. He is tall, fast and can jump. He also can play as a fullback or in the midfield. You can bring him on as an auxiliary striker when chasing a game because of his height and goal scoring prowess. He can defend and score on set pieces. I don't think we have a single defender that offers that much.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 11:50am On Jun 09, 2019
krattoss:
loud it bro cheesy

How about pigmouthed Nacho? cheesy
he is someplace displaying his pig mouth whilst crying
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:53am On Jun 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Onuachu for iheanacho seems ideal but I believe Rohr's reason to pick onuachu is because of his physique which may be handy in some matches in the competition. But the ajayi I watched several times in the colors of Rotherdam is not better than Awaziem. Rotherdam is a poor team and if Awaziem happens to find himself in a team such as Rotherham he will be a constant hit.
Honestly something tells me that Rohr just included Iheanacho in preliminary list to appease some bigwig in glass house cos he already made up his mind.

On a good day Iheanacho deserve 20 mins play yesterday but Rohr don't want Iheanacho.

This is more reason i said Awoniyi based on his performance this season deserve to be on preliminary list.

Better to drop Awoniyi cos it would be a good experience for him than having a player(Iheanacho) you already axed from the team but pretending.

Rohr can do better.

Hope for better Afcon outing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by paulos8: 11:53am On Jun 09, 2019
The reason Rhor didn't play nacho last night is cos he wanted atleast a goal... If the super Eagles has scored in the first half or so... He would have played nacho for some mins... The fact he needed that goal made him bring in onyekuru and oshimen. Meaning he doesn't have faith in nacho... So dropping him aint bad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 11:55am On Jun 09, 2019
The 23 players chosen are all Nigerians....all diz emotional attachments to certain players are not necessary....u get dropped today, u up ur game and u will be in d next tourney....dere is nothing special abt being dropped or selected for this tourney as diz guys are all young lads who will get another shot in no distant time....I wish dem all d best....go lads!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:56am On Jun 09, 2019
Earthquake2:
I would have preferred he invite Iheanacho and drop him than invite Nwaekeme or Awoniyi and drop them
Why
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 11:59am On Jun 09, 2019
These guys have started making me sad about Iheanacho cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 12:00pm On Jun 09, 2019
Kog45:
Why

It is easier to give your reasons for dropping Iheanacho

I think Rohr has already known his 23 when he dropped the 25 man list

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 12:02pm On Jun 09, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Very disappointing action from Rohr and his actions does look crooked to me. It is clear he did not want the narrative changed in any way.

At the end, Nacho got to camp with his team mates and friends. Was part of the Afcon preparation but now, his attention should shift to growing as a footballer under Rodgers.

Either way, I am not a fan of Rohr’s conservative style and feel he will diminish the work Rodgers is doing on Nacho.

Wait..... Look at this one that was bragging how the appointment of Brendan Rodgers will make Iheanacho pigmouth score 1000 goals from January to May

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 12:04pm On Jun 09, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Forget a defender this boy scores goals. Name a set piece threat in Nigeria? Now I am giving you 180m people to pick from not just the team.
nkume at ABA secondary school field , ikpa at Owerri, Saka at Ibadan

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:05pm On Jun 09, 2019
U dey call am pigmouth because here na faceless forum wey nobody go fit see others face. If care is not taken ihenancho na boy George when compared to u lmao
Afobear:

Wait..... Look at this one that was bragging how the appointment of Brendan Rodgers will make Iheanacho pigmouth score 1000 goals from January to May
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:06pm On Jun 09, 2019
paulos8:
The reason Rhor didn't play nacho last night is cos he wanted atleast a goal... If the super Eagles has scored in the first half or so... He would have played nacho for some mins... The fact he needed that goal made him bring in onyekuru and oshimen. Meaning he doesn't have faith in nacho... So dropping him aint bad
Nice one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:06pm On Jun 09, 2019
darkelf:

Oga, iheanacho wasn't good enough to begin with and no amount of whining can change the fact that he had a pooor season.

Now, I'm one of those against Rigr for inviting him in the first place bit I'm sure you'll still blast Rohr for not inviting him if he didn't. Nacho needs to set his priorities straight

I would never have blasted Rohr for not inviting Nacho because I earlier hinted that I wanted Nacho preparing and concentrating on meeting up with the demands of Rodgers. I want Nacho fresh and ready for the camping of Leicester City.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:06pm On Jun 09, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

If Bench kills players, Balogun would have been atrocious yesterday but he had a good game because the coach gave him a chance.

Inviting Nacho to camp meant that Rohr wanted to give him a shot but at the end, it shows Rohr did not which baffles me.

As kellycute earlier pointed out how Rohr gave Ighalo multiple chances to prove himself, how come nothing close to that yardstick can be applied to Nacho.

I was even disappointed with the way Rohr went on media to attack Nacho's character saying he plays too much. For real, I did not want Nacho with Rohr after that.

Glad the nightmare is over and Nacho can prepare for the preseason which is very important.

I was very vocal about my disgust with Rohr talking down a player to the media. This is something that you discuss with the player one on one and if he doesn't listen u drop him in a professional manner.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lavoca: 12:07pm On Jun 09, 2019
Danycrusoe:
OFFICIAL

Rohr drops Iheanacho from AFCON squad, the rest of the squad will fly to Egypt today.
cheesy cheesy cheesy Average player and some age cheat can be sacrificed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 12:08pm On Jun 09, 2019
If this news is true then that's a good decision by Rhor he made the right choice.

Now what is left for Iheanacho is to pick himself up and do some personal development. Moreover I don't believe scoring in preseason will help his predicament, dude was the best player for Leicester in preseason last time. As far as Vardy is the chosen no striker can upstage him, the whole Leicester playing pattern is built on counter attack and not possessive football, one needs to have blistering pace to succeed but nacho can't be compared to Vardy on this. Not playing will make him look helpless and in turn kill his moral, therefore leading to lack of confidence.

Iheanacho needs to move to another club probably on loan till Vardy quites QED.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:09pm On Jun 09, 2019
Afobear:

No one is talking about a lot of goals but lessons he will learn from Rodgers which I have hammered as key for footballing success.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 12:09pm On Jun 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:
U dey call am pigmouth because here na faceless forum wey nobody go fit see others face. If care is not taken ihenancho na boy George when compared to u lmao

There is one certainty here .... My face is unknown and can't be said to be how you wish but Iheanacho pigmouth has his face known to me and all and we can say he is a pig mouth comprehensively....Deal with it drunk Averaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fan

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:09pm On Jun 09, 2019
Afobear:
nkume at ABA secondary school field , ikpa at Owerri, Saka at Ibadan

Places u would love to take the family on vacation right grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 12:11pm On Jun 09, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

No one is talking about a lot of goals but lessons he will learn from Rodgers which I have hammered as key for footballing success.

Rodgers will play his style of games for a while but immediately Leicester start loosing they will return to default settings which is long balls and relying on counters.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:11pm On Jun 09, 2019
Lmao make we see ur face abeg no vex, I promise to post mine immediately u drop us.
Afobear:

There is one certainty here .... My face is unknown and can't be said to be how you wish but Iheanacho pigmouth has his face known to me and all and we can say he is a pig mouth comprehensively....Deal with it drunk Averaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fan
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 12:12pm On Jun 09, 2019
forgiveness:

How did you know?
I am justified!
If you listen to Rohr, you should be able to read his mind.
Unconfirmed reports said Ajayi has not been fantastic in training.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6133) (6134) (6135) (6136) (6137) (6138) (6139) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, Amedino99(m), Suzzytee05(f), etebefia, oloriooko(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.