Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11777512 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6136) (6137) (6138) (6139) (6140) (6141) (6142) ... (16192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 1:57pm On Jun 09, 2019
Aina yesterday did very well far better than shehu could have done, the guy is an intelligent footballer compared to is competitor na, I wonder how people will use yesterday game to rate player.

On a good day Kalu, onuachu and Collins would have played better had it been we played in a football pitch rather than political campaign ground we played yesterday with the rain adding salt to injury.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:57pm On Jun 09, 2019
i have always been a big fan of nacho but dropping him from the afcon team is justifiable judging by his present form. Its not over for him yet but he needs to keep his head high and get back to work and if he can achieve that by dropping to the 2nd tier of English football then he should take the route.

Dropping him for the afcon should be a blessing in disguise because it will serve as a challenge which will spur him to work hard in order to get back to his deadly form that made him once one of the most dreaded strikers in the epl. i believe he will return to his best form soon

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 1:59pm On Jun 09, 2019
But ehn, our goalkeeping department is a calamity, they said ezenwa had injury but still he made the squad, does it mean outside this below average 3 keepers we don't have any options??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:00pm On Jun 09, 2019
sontoly:
Aina yesterday did very well far better than shehu could have done, the guy is an intelligent footballer compared to is competitor na, I wonder how people will use yesterday game to rate player.

On a good day Kalu, onuachu and Collins would have played better had it been we played in a football pitch rather than political campaign ground we played yesterday with the rain adding salt to injury.

Onuachu doesn't have complete balance on a normal day

He would have been walking like a zombie on that wet pitch grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 09, 2019
safarigirl:
I think he's asking about the Awaziem that had good season in Turkey.
Oops.. I get it. When Mikel retires, You going to change it to "Nobody disses Awaziem". If you know what i mean.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 2:01pm On Jun 09, 2019
andrew444:

Dey there dey find wetin no loss

As aina don make the team come comot am make I see you nah

Nigerians and mediocrity be like 5 and 6
Rohr for comot am but na cos him drop am comot for world cup na in make Rohr pity am.
He is not yet convincing in my opinion.
His mediocre performances is why Shehu is still in the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:01pm On Jun 09, 2019
one thing you guys fail to understand is the politics in nigerian football. shehu is just there because of quota system(having players from the 3 geographical zones in nigeria) if not he doesnt even deserve to earn a mention in the preliminary list. him and musa who deserves a place in the team is the face of the northern part of nigeria in the team
sontoly:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:02pm On Jun 09, 2019
sontoly:

Don't worry, when they start losing and his ass is at stake that's when you will know what am talking about.

Shakespeare wanted to play attractive possession football but was fired cos of it, puel tried it in the first season but reverted back to default mode, let's watch and see what Rodgers will do.

Personally kelechi problem is not playing at all, he needs regular football to boost his confidence and be happy, and I don't think he can get it with Vardy there.

Shakespeare, attractive possession football? I doubt you know Shakespeare. He is the most negative coach you can ever think off. Puel likes to keep the ball but does not attack with might, thus, a conservative coach. Rodgers is an offensive/possessive genius. You can bet you last dollar on it.

Origi did not have regular game time to hit the form he displayed towards the end of last season. Nacho will get chances. He needs to stay in shape, soak in the lessons and deliver when the chances come.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:02pm On Jun 09, 2019

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:02pm On Jun 09, 2019
fabyom:

Rohr for comot am but na cos him drop am comot for world cup na in make Rohr pity am.
He is not yet convincing in my opinion.
His mediocre performances is why Shehu is still in the team.

Who should replace him?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:03pm On Jun 09, 2019
once another decent player springs up from the north shehu will be forgotten

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 2:05pm On Jun 09, 2019
I bet if Ighalo had scored one goal in 30 games this season and Rohr invited him to camp some guys here will pay an assassin to kill Rohr but here we are making a case for Kelechi.....Let's move on please

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:06pm On Jun 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:
i have always been a big fan of nacho but dropping him from the afcon team is justifiable judging by his present form. Its not over for him yet but he needs to keep his head high and get back to work and if he can achieve that by dropping to the 2nd tier of English football then he should take the route.

Dropping him for the afcon should be a blessing in disguise because it will serve as a challenge which will spur him to work hard in order to get back to his deadly form that made him once one of the most dreaded strikers in the epl. i believe he will return to his best form soon

Agreed

Someone said ighalo was given a better chance than nacho? I just dey laugh for where i dey

Why will ighalo not be given a better chance? when he was banging goals in the chinese league

But my nacho was not banging goals anywhere and some people want to compare his situation to ighalo?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:11pm On Jun 09, 2019
forget pple wey they breath from their anus. rohr is just been ruthless and sincere by dropping iheanacho because taking him to afcon would have been criminal to the likes of awoniyi and other forwards you did better than nacho. rohr have no beef with nacho but just did what was needful to help the team
andrew444:

Agreed

Someone said ighalo was given a better chance than nacho? I just dey laugh for where i dey

Why will ighalo not be given a better chance? when he was banging goals in the chinese league

But my nacho was not banging goals anywhere and some people want to compare his situation to ighalo?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:11pm On Jun 09, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTIc4NjXON0

Nacho man will be back stronger, faster, better and deadlier.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 2:12pm On Jun 09, 2019
andrew444:

Who should replace him?
You are not getting my point.

Shehu would have been dropped instead of Semilore Ajayi if Aina had covered himself in glory in the right back position.
Rohr had to test Awaziem in the same position because of Aina's not to impressive performance.
Had it been Rohr can trust Aina, believe me you Shehu would have been dropped.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:15pm On Jun 09, 2019
kellycute:
yes he was given preferential treatment and u kn the true. Ighalo was given lot of opportunity to redeemed himself but nacho was left alone to rust. Trust me.. Nacho will bounce back.

I am bewildered by your blind emotive support for your preferred player KC.

You completely and entirely ignored club form based on consistent top quality performances. This the chore assessment that justifies your selection to the SE.

On that basis alone KC is comprehensively DISQUALIFIED he has been totally woeful for the past two seasons. How can a striker play 30 + games this season in the EPL and scored one goal.

Ighalo club form albeit a lower level league had been good. However, KC has become anonymous to be diplomatic.

There is no bias or prejudice, Rohr did not disqualify KC he did that himself, no prejudice.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:15pm On Jun 09, 2019
Koboko99:

Ighalo was still scoring in the Chinese league even if he wasn't scoring for Nigeria....na only nollywood and big broda house kelechi dey score now....that's the difference

As regards his goals in the CSL, there is something we say in Anambra; A maka m ihe n'Ozubulu...

I really dont wanna argue on this list bkus, to me, Nacho didnt merit it, but, where did Ighalo's goals in the CSL take us to in Russia?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:17pm On Jun 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Quota system player grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:17pm On Jun 09, 2019
kelechi down fall was city converting him to a number 9 when the lad was a natural SS. played mainly as a 9 rubbed off his creative and dribbling spark which made him lethal with the u17 team. for once i never liked the idea and now it has really affected his game and confidence.

nacho is a natural SS who also have that sense of positioning when he finds himself in the 18 yard box and that instinct made city to develop him to a number 9
TheGoodJoe:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:18pm On Jun 09, 2019
fabyom:

Shehu would have been dropped instead of Semilore Ajayi if Aina had covered himself in glory in the right back position.
Rohr had to test Awaziem in the same position because of Aina's not to impressive performance.

Alright

Now i get you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:18pm On Jun 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:
forget pple wey they breath from their anus. rohr is just been ruthless and sincere by dropping iheanacho because taking him to afcon would have been criminal to the likes of awoniyi and other forwards you did better than nacho. rohr have no beef with nacho but just did what was needful to help the team

Agreed

Awoniyi comes to mind

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:19pm On Jun 09, 2019
fabyom:

Current form always exceeds past form when there is obvious proven improvement.

Aina has improved this season although l didn't think he got many chances to prove himself. By just club form alone Aina is justified you can not select a player based on past glories. It has to be present continous.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:19pm On Jun 09, 2019
but that the gospel truth baba lmao. politics wey dey nff no be small ooooooo
Earthquake2:

Quota system player grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:20pm On Jun 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Agreed without reservation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:

If he fails to get a better club, with Bursaspor already relegated, he should wave a bye to his national team career.

Ebuehi will be there next season. Aina is there already, Ehizibue WOULD be there. Now add to that, Reuben Yem that just got signed by Gent for an undisclosed fee. We cant overlook any of these guys to accommodate Shehu due to our usual WAZOBIA

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:22pm On Jun 09, 2019
Aina have improved same goes to kenneth omeruo. playing in top and competitive leagues improves players alot. the development of aina,ekong,omeruo and awaziem is testament to that
komekn:

Current form always exceeds past form when there is obvious proven improvement.

Aina has improved this season although l didn't think he got many chances to prove himself. By just club form alone Aina is justified you can not select a player based on past glories. It has to be present continous.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 09, 2019
IHEANACHO.... At least his exclusion would serve as a warning to those players that think our Darling SE is reserved for them regardless how they perform in their respective clubs. They should learn from this. You don't shite at your club then walk in to our AFCON squad like say na your papa get super eagles.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:23pm On Jun 09, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

One thing I know you can get stronger, possibly improve your finishing however, getting FASTER that's to change dramatically the dynamics of your game not possible.

Sorry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:23pm On Jun 09, 2019
you are right boss but even if he signs for besiktas,shehu doesnt have what it takes to dislodge any of ebuehi and aina. i cant say of yem cus i have not seen him play
ChrisKels:

If he fails to get a better club, with Bursaspor already relegated, he should wave a bye to his national team career.

Ebuehi will be there next season. Aina is there already, Ehizibue WOULD be there. Now add to that, Reuben Yem that just got signed by Gent for an undisclosed fee.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:25pm On Jun 09, 2019
The players with the most dramatic improvement he even shocked me this season but yet to play for Nigeria.

Fikayo Tomori in my opinion currently the best yet to be capped CB we have.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:25pm On Jun 09, 2019
the best for nacho now is to get a loan move away from leicester. i believe a move to a decent la liga team will get him back to his best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6136) (6137) (6138) (6139) (6140) (6141) (6142) ... (16192) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.