Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:46 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11858183 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6196) (6197) (6198) (6199) (6200) (6201) (6202) ... (16248) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 7:39pm On Jun 16, 2019
ChrisKels:

Bros make u first sort out ur home before looking into other's nah. 9ja dey play u dey busy dey report MOR vs ZAM nawa oo

No be so bros

I wan't sure of the Naija Score, that's why.

Seems we lost and we failed to score...again.

Why do I feel that this is the run-up to the WC 2018 happening all over again, We all know how it turned out for us.

I hope I am wrong sha

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 7:41pm On Jun 16, 2019
Earthquake3:

Everybody has had poor friendlies,it doesn't matter

Experience has taught Nigerians that it actually does.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 7:43pm On Jun 16, 2019
Bolowolowo:
Our lineup for the Senegal game
Which formation could he have played with this line-up?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 7:44pm On Jun 16, 2019
I don't ant to write off this team. I am trying hard not to

2 games and no goal. Friendly or not, this doesn't bode well at all

Hian. Seems we are having passing troubles again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sainty92: 7:45pm On Jun 16, 2019
With what I have noticed from these friendlies super eagles has played, it seems Daniel Akpeyi is our first choice goolie going into the Nations cup...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 7:46pm On Jun 16, 2019
Joebie:
not a bad result at all. I was expecting like 3-0 against naija. grin

No na.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 7:48pm On Jun 16, 2019
KingAzubuike:

People are saying this game has ended..

Africa sha.. We can never get it right.

Hmm. My eye shineeeee as I see this moniker.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 7:52pm On Jun 16, 2019
Seems Morocco is not ready for the AFCON.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:52pm On Jun 16, 2019
charlesemeka85:
it seem ighalo no start the game but some don dey masturbate for the bobo matter already.

Lol bros mi, calm down, dis no be masturbation or head job matter, dude started the match and misfired as usual
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:57pm On Jun 16, 2019
darkelf:

No be so bros

Why do I feel that this is the run-up to the WC 2018 happening all over again, We all know how it turned out for us.

I hope I am wrong sha

grin grin grin Rohr is concealing his tactics according to the master himself Icon4s.
Either that or the players are saving themselves for the tourney proper, why injure yourself in a friendly game or play your best game when tournament never start grin grin grin. These are the deluded remarks we heard last year prior to the world cup, this year again the team is busy going to the beach and other relaxation centers, and I am wondering how that will help their performance. I remember in the previous world cup, the English team routine was train, sleep, eat and FIFA game breaks, the only reason why FIFA games were even accepted was because it improves your movement as a player but no, we are going to the beach to 'enjoy' ourselves days to a tournament. Make we dey look.

On the other hand if we did play a midfield 3 of Ndidi, Mikel and Iwobi then it is easy to see why the team didn't score. It is clear from this formation that Mikel will sit deep and Iwobi will be ahead of Ndidi and Iwobi likes playing one-twos, is it with Ndidi that he will play that? Ndidi isn't good enough to play that at all, then ahead of Iwobi you have Chukwueze who is more concerned with beating his man than playing short quick passes and Ighalo who would rather play a more direct football, you can then see that this team cannot possibly play to Iwobi's strength in that 3-5-2 formation. IMHO if we play a 3-5-2 then Mikel should be in the AMF role, Iwobi as the second striker and whoever starts in the forward role can start, at least Iwobi will be able to combine with Mikel and play one touch football and open up the defence, either that or Iwobi goes to the bench totally, it is not as if he ended the season on a high note anyways.

But make we wait for highlights at least

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:59pm On Jun 16, 2019
ChrisKels:

Lol bros mi, calm down, dis no be masturbation or head job matter, dude started the match and misfired as usual

When they will be shouting that Ighalo is our best striker I will just be wondering, is that how poor we are now?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 16, 2019
iSlayer:
Seems Morocco is not ready for the AFCON.
Neither is CIV, Nigeria nor Ghana.
So far only Senegal looks ready. They beat us without their main man; Mane
grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 8:03pm On Jun 16, 2019
Earthquake3:

Hallucinations grin

It's possible grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 8:04pm On Jun 16, 2019
breezy147:

grin

How you take know say Mane no dey? You watch am live? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EBENDOT: 8:12pm On Jun 16, 2019
HomeNigeria National Teams
Super Eagles Lose 1-0 To Senegal In Last Pre-AFCON 2019 Friendly
4 June 16, 2019 7:47 pm
Super Eagles Lose 1-0 To Senegal In Last Pre-AFCON 2019 Friendly

Everton midfielder Idrissa Gana Gueye scored the decisive goal as Teranga Lions of Senegal defeated the Super Eagles of Nigeria 1-0 at the Ismaila Stadium on Sunday in their final build-up game ahead of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations,
Completesports.com reports.

Gueye who is courted by French club Paris Saint Germain scored the winning goal on the half hour mark.

The Super Eagles battled hard to find the leveller after the break but were unable to find a way past the Teranga Lions’ defence led by Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly.

Super Eagles file out against Teranga Lions of Senegal

Gernot Rohr’s charges have now failed to register a goal in their last two games which will be a big worry for the German as his side head into AFCON 2019.

The West Africans were held to a 0-0 draw by the Warriors of Zimbabwe in their first pre-AFCON 2019 friendly game last Saturday at the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba.

The Super Eagles are now expected to head to Alexandria where they will play their three Group B games against Burundi, Guinea and Madagascar.

super-eagles-teranga-lions-nigeria-senegal-afcon-2019-africa-cup-of-nations-international-friendly

They will open their campaign against Burundi on Saturday June 22 at the Alexandria Stadium.

Rohr charges will also face Guinea and Madagascar on June 26 and June 30 respectively in their other Group B matches.

By Adeboye Amosu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2019
Mickael2:

When they will be shouting that Ighalo is our best striker I will just be wondering, is that how poor we are now?

Nations Cup never start you don start argument

Anybody wey start make dem support the player ,no be all this ones wey una dey talk

I didn't remember you guys ranting against Zimbabwe,maybe because ighalo is not there

Food don ready for una ,like say you even watch the game against Senegal

Smh

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 8:19pm On Jun 16, 2019
Mickael2:

grin grin grin Rohr is concealing his tactics according to the master himself Icon4s.
Either that or the players are saving themselves for the tourney proper, why injure yourself in a friendly game or play your best game when tournament never start grin grin grin. These are the deluded remarks we heard last year prior to the world cup, this year again the team is busy going to the beach and other relaxation centers, and I am wondering how that will help their performance. I remember in the previous world cup, the English team routine was train, sleep, eat and FIFA game breaks, the only reason why FIFA games were even accepted was because it improves your movement as a player but no, we are going to the beach to 'enjoy' ourselves days to a tournament. Make we dey look.

On the other hand if we did play a midfield 3 of Ndidi, Mikel and Iwobi then it is easy to see why the team didn't score. It is clear from this formation that Mikel will sit deep and Iwobi will be ahead of Ndidi and Iwobi likes playing one-twos, is it with Ndidi that he will play that? Ndidi isn't good enough to play that at all, then ahead of Iwobi you have Chukwueze who is more concerned with beating his man than playing short quick passes and Ighalo who would rather play a more direct football, you can then see that this team cannot possibly play to Iwobi's strength in that 3-5-2 formation. IMHO if we play a 3-5-2 then Mikel should be in the AMF role, Iwobi as the second striker and whoever starts in the forward role can start, at least Iwobi will be able to combine with Mikel and play one touch football and open up the defence, either that or Iwobi goes to the bench totally, it is not as if he ended the season on a high note anyways.

Ndidi should sit deep. Mikel and Iwobi combo will be good for our attackers.
Friendly matches are meant to test formations and to keep up fitness level.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 16, 2019
Sainty92:
With what I have noticed from these friendlies super eagles has played, it seems Daniel Akpeyi is our first choice goolie going into the Nations cup...

God forbid make rohr no try shit oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 8:20pm On Jun 16, 2019
Algeria 1-1 Mali

50 minutes played

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 8:23pm On Jun 16, 2019
Mickael2:

You didn't watch the match but you made so many conclusions

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:26pm On Jun 16, 2019
sheyishemba:

God forbid make rohr no try shit oooo

Na uzoho better abi ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:27pm On Jun 16, 2019
Earthquake3:

You didn't watch the match but you made so many conclusions

That's Nigerians for you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:29pm On Jun 16, 2019
lol
ChrisKels:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:30pm On Jun 16, 2019
Mickael2:

I agree bro. You have said it all. Not sure the highlights would be released though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 8:32pm On Jun 16, 2019
darkelf:

No be so bros

I hope I am wrong sha

When we talked before the WC, some people here said we were not patriotic.

Although they surpassed my expectation in WC sha. We were only 5 minutes away from making it to second round at the expense of Messi's Argentina. I never expected we would be that close.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2019
breezy147:

grin

Ghana is out of it. I'm surprised by Morocco. May seem early to call but I'm predicting they will crash out early.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:36pm On Jun 16, 2019
how long does it take to solve a keeper crisis?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 8:38pm On Jun 16, 2019
Joebie:
how long does it take to solve a keeper crisis?

Man U took almost 10 years when Schmiechel left cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:40pm On Jun 16, 2019
andrew444:

Nations Cup never start you don start argument

Anybody wey start make dem support the player ,no be all this ones wey una dey talk

I didn't remember you guys ranting against Zimbabwe,maybe because ighalo is not there

Food don ready for una ,like say you even watch the game against Senegal

Smh

There is a reason why I don't converse with you, because it is usually impossible to make any sense out of your comments
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:40pm On Jun 16, 2019
The bolded reminds me of just before the WC. Anybody who thinks Rohr has a master plan is dreaming.

Mickael2:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 8:40pm On Jun 16, 2019
Joebie:
The bolded reminds me of just before the WC. Anybody who thinks Rohr has a master plan is dreaming.

Excuse me, where you expecting to beat Senegal?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:42pm On Jun 16, 2019
no, that's not the point.

Earthquake3:

Excuse me, where you expecting to beat Senegal?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6196) (6197) (6198) (6199) (6200) (6201) (6202) ... (16248) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christinu2, Christology(m), Theben(m), Marjoribanks and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.