Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,962 members, 7,828,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11745724 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6198) (6199) (6200) (6201) (6202) (6203) (6204) ... (16179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:59pm On Jun 16, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

First thing, sack Alloy Agu and bring back Ike Shorunmu. I think the growth of Enyeama and Ejide happened under his watch. We need competition in that role before we enter problem.

I think in Manchester United, it was about the figure with charisma than goalkeeping talent.

For the first time, I agree with you

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:59pm On Jun 16, 2019
darkelf:

See, I am not against the success of this team but i am worried and rightfully so

We haven't scored in two matches. I will take a loss in which we scored. We had the same issues during the run up to the WC and even while we all made excuses for the boys, it reflected in their play during the tournament proper.

Let the tournament proper start.

In the run up to the World Cup, we scored against Poland or so, but the play was what was awful and the scoreline flattered to deceive.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:00pm On Jun 16, 2019
Famocious:
Rohr will surely break a lot of hearts at this Afcon 2019.. grin

You can give what you don't have..

I will support the team with my time and eyes not with my heart this time around. Once beaten twice shy tongue

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:01pm On Jun 16, 2019
safarigirl:

Let the tournament proper start.

In the run up to the World Cup, we scored against Poland or so, but the play was what was awful and the scoreline flattered to deceive.

Alright. Till then.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:02pm On Jun 16, 2019
Marjoribanks:

Please name one.
That useless idiot we took to Poland just fall hand.

Oremade ?

Lol

Guy you 2 funny abeg ,u no get chill

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:02pm On Jun 16, 2019
Earthquake3:

Ezenwa has been excellent in his performances for the GWG, There may be better but we don't know yet

There hasnt been outstanding goalkeeping performances from the league

Excellent? I am guessing you didn't watch that match against Algeria, dude couldn't even catch a back pass even if he used his hands.

By the way I think at some point Femi Thomas was exceptional, watched some of his games but u don't know about now, put Ajiboye and Ezenwa in the same club and Ezenwa will sit on the bench for 38 league games. I don't really know the names of the goalkeepers but someone can help out. I seriously don't believe that Enyimba's former 3rd choice goalkeeper is the best we can get from the NPFL

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:05pm On Jun 16, 2019
Marjoribanks:

Please name one.
That useless idiot we took to Poland just fall hand.

I cannot name one because DSTV has decided that I won't be watching NFPL matches again. However, Ezenwa was Enyimba's third choice goalkeeper, third choice!!! No way can you tell me that the two guys that keep him on the bench aren't better than him.

One of the guy's keeping him on the bench isn't even good enough to make Ghana's AFCON team!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 9:05pm On Jun 16, 2019
Mickael2:

Excellent? I am guessing you didn't watch that match against Algeria, dude couldn't even catch a back pass even if he used his hands.

By the way I think at some point Femi Thomas was exceptional, watched some of his games but u don't know about now, put Ajiboye and Ezenwa in the same club and Ezenwa will sit on the bench for 38 league games. I don't really know the names of the goalkeepers but someone can help out. I seriously don't believe that Enyimba's former 3rd choice goalkeeper is the best we can get from the NPFL

You are complaining about his performances against Algeria but you didn't watch his display against Egypt

Thing is you can't judge by one performance, Only Rohr and the trainers in camp know who is in form

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:09pm On Jun 16, 2019
Earthquake3:

You are complaining about his performances against Algeria but you didn't watch his display against Egypt

Thing is you can't judge by one performance, Only Rohr and the trainers in camp know who is in form

The problem is that other goalkeepers have not been invited to camp. We can all conclusively agree that we don't have any goalkeeping talent in Europe ATM, by now a few NPFL goalkeepers should have been called up to camp so that they can be checked

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 16, 2019
Famocious:
Rohr will surely break a lot of hearts at this Afcon 2019.. grin

You can give what you don't have..

I will support the team with my time and eyes not with my heart this time around. Once beaten twice shy tongue

I won't be surprised if Nigeria don't pass quarter final coz the goalkeeper issue will be their major challenge especially that apkeyi inclusion as no 1 goalie
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:10pm On Jun 16, 2019
ladies and gentlemen. . sisters Ajibade..Oshoala...onome...okeke... say HI

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:10pm On Jun 16, 2019
Mickael2:

The problem is that other goalkeepers have not been invited to camp. We can all conclusively agree that we don't have any goalkeeping talent in Europe ATM, by now a few NPFL goalkeepers should have been called up to camp so that they can be checked
I swear, and they keep serving us these 3 craps
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:11pm On Jun 16, 2019
Mickael2:

Ezenwa could not even command a starting shirt at Enyimba.. Theo Afelokahi and Fatau Dauda were ahead of him.... Our goalkeeper trainers/scouts are simply being lazy

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:12pm On Jun 16, 2019
I don't even care if the 3 keepers are all from the NPFL. As long as there is a fierce fight for the #1 shirt.

Mickael2:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 9:13pm On Jun 16, 2019
Oboy this place is taking shape.....AFCON FEVER IS HERE...

I need an original Nigerian Jersey....I'd prefer this type Sha

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:14pm On Jun 16, 2019
This is a new one from NIke I saw yesterday. Didn't bother to share
mostob:
ladies and gentlemen. .
sisters Ajibade..Oshoala...onome...okeke... say HI
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 9:14pm On Jun 16, 2019
Senegal beat Nigeria in pre-AFCON 2019 friendly
36 MINUTES AGO ISRAEL IKO
Three –time African champions, Super Eagles of Nigeria lost their last 2019 Africa Cup of Nations build up match 1-0 to the Teranga Lions of Senegal in Ismailia on Sunday.

A defensive mix up in the 20th minute exposed the Super Eagles’ defence and Idrissa Gueye capitalized on it to score the only goal of the match.

Nigeria came close to drawing level on a number of occasions with Odion Ighalo and Wilfred Ndidi almost leveling proceedings before the interval.

Both coaches, who agreed to the game being played behind closed doors, made good use of the opportunity to make their maximum changes.

The better chances in the second half fell to the Nigerians with Samuel Chukwueze’s close range shot blocked with a last ditch tackle and substitute Oghenekaro Etebo’s free kick on the edge of the box rattling the cross bar.

Nigeria’s starting 11

Daniel Akpeyi, Samuel Kalu, Jamilu Collins, Kenneth Omeruo, William Ekong, John Ogu, Wilfred Ndidi, Mikel Obi, Alex Iwobi, Samuel Chukwueze and Odion Ighalo

Substitutions: Collins (Ola Aina), Ogu (Oghenekaro Etebo), Chukwueze (Henry Onyekuru), Iwobi (Moses Simon), Ighalo (Victor Osimhen) and Kalu (Chidozie Awaziem)
Courtesy: futaa.com

I remember saying this:
When i heard Super Eagles would be playing 3-5-2 at Afcon. Percy Tau on my mind. Ekong & Omeruo marking same player exposing the whole backline. Kalu constantly overhitting crosses. Slow reactions from the players when in possesion. Iwobi missing in action after 3 to 4 passes till he get substituted. grin grin grin. The Coach has no drive to motivate players for championship triumph. Its not in him. Too conservative.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:14pm On Jun 16, 2019
sheyishemba:

I won't be surprised if Nigeria don't pass quarter final coz the goalkeeper issue will be their major challenge especially that apkeyi inclusion as no 1 goalie

We have only failed to make it to the semi final three times out of 17!!.. Rohr may be tactically clueless, but the opponents we will be facing at the AFON arent any better...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 9:15pm On Jun 16, 2019
I do think we should give Akpeyi a second chance.
If he could have been bought by Orlando Pirates from Chippa United then I believe he will come good.
Our defence is top notch even at the world cup it was hard scoring against us.
I believe that Senegal goal must have come off a set piece for a player like Gana to have scored us.
All their Balde this, One guy scoring for fun in Turkey etc. Dem no even allow us hear word yet they can't score ordinary Akpeyi.
Also, this is Ighalo first match in almost a month, so it is a good test for him hopefully he will come good on Saturday.
One thing I know for certain it will be quite difficult for any team to score against us.
We have quality in our attack, we will come good.
This is our AFCON to loose.
However, we should work on how to defend set pieces!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:16pm On Jun 16, 2019

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 16, 2019
1-0. Thats not really saying much. Anything could have happened during that game and based of the match reports our performance wasn't too bad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:17pm On Jun 16, 2019
Joebie:
This is a new one from NIke I saw yesterday. Didn't bother to share
they should stick to their tracksuit and short abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:17pm On Jun 16, 2019
mostob:
ladies and gentlemen. .
sisters Ajibade..Oshoala...onome...okeke... say HI

Reverend sisters
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dannyxy(m): 9:19pm On Jun 16, 2019
Omoh no sitting on the fence... If you think this team would do well, talk am, if you see them going far, talk am, if you don't, talk am... let's know ourselves... Make we see who go laugh last ....

For me super eagles are winning this cup, Las Las by mistake na silver or bronze...

Abeg, please, let's identify ourselves well... No be say, prophets of doom go come follow Us they celebrate..

never angry, you guys can't play safe, by saying "let the team suprise you " .... make we know who be who.

16 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:21pm On Jun 16, 2019
Danielnino00:

Ezenwa could not even command a starting shirt at Enyimba.. Theo Afelokahi and Fatau Dauda were ahead of him.... Our goalkeeper trainers/scouts are simply being lazy

Thank you very much, Afelokahi is the name I have been searching for. If anyone says he isn't better than Ezenwa then I may sue the person to court

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:22pm On Jun 16, 2019
Mickael2:

When they will be shouting that Ighalo is our best striker I will just be wondering, is that how poor we are now?

My dear oo, people really don't learn
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:25pm On Jun 16, 2019
Mickael2:

Thank you very much, Afelokahi is the name I have been searching for. If anyone says he isn't better than Ezenwa then I may sue the person to court

Its quite sad that we have dropped from the era of Enyeama/Ejide/Aiyenugba to this embarassed

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yemyke001(m): 9:26pm On Jun 16, 2019
Egypt vs Guinea is on..... 1-1 ... 64mins played
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 16, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Please, please, please be respectful of your fellow members.

Thank you.

True that, good man. Name calling nor good. But you should also call the other party who has said the iq of most contributors is low. Who has implied Andrew is senseless.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:32pm On Jun 16, 2019
andrew444:

You don't need to conversate with me because you self know say you no get sense

So as you no get sense why you go follow person wey get sense talk ?

Na the truth dey pain you ?

Tonzo

Oyibo grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:34pm On Jun 16, 2019
Dannyxy:
Omoh no sitting on the fence... If you think this team would do well, talk am, if you see them going far, talk am, if you don't, talk am... let's know ourselves... Make we see who go laugh last ....

For me super eagles are winning this cup, Las Las by mistake na silver or bronze...

Abeg, please, let's identify ourselves well... No be say, prophets of doom go come follow Us they celebrate..

never angry, you guys can't play safe, by saying "let the team suprise you " .... make we know who be who.

OK am taking d challenge too...aside Egypt,bin d host

We re winning d cup

Oya..over to d "sheybe I talk am crew"

Cc...chairman of d crew..joebie

Secretary... Humility 017

Pro...chriskel

Welfare....darkelf grin

Oya make una talk una prediction now o or never grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:35pm On Jun 16, 2019
Dannyxy:

I agree with you

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6198) (6199) (6200) (6201) (6202) (6203) (6204) ... (16179) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: superbloke(m), villagereporter(m), charlesemeka85(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.