Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11751487 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6239) (6240) (6241) (6242) (6243) (6244) (6245) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:27am On Jun 21, 2019
comodo:

Find beta pills take now oh. Saturday is loaded with enough tensions both from male & female. For me I don dey soak my leg inside water already.

Body don come down na. grin

There will be no more tension watching them against Germany. Anyhow anyhow, no wahala. grin

For the male, it depends on how they play. That will determine my reaction. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:28am On Jun 21, 2019
naturecures:
Which one should I watch? �Nigeria vs Burundi �� (6:00 pm Saturday)
or
� Nigeria vs Germany ��‍♀ (5:30pm Saturday)?

I am watching both. will b streaming both live.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:29am On Jun 21, 2019
AIG07:
The Germans do not need to be at their best to wreck havoc on African sides.

1.They are more technical than an average African side
2..They are taller. So expect them to keep whipping crosses into the box through out the 90mins of action
3.They are more dangerous on the set pieces. If they can't break you from open play, they will take advantage of Corners and free kicks.

Finally, not forgetting, they just whooped the ass of SA.

Do you mean tactical?

By the way, France has taller players but they did nothing against us.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 9:31am On Jun 21, 2019
My African team of the tournament so far

---------------Chidozie(NIG)

Okeke(NIG) O. Ebi(NIG) Johnson(CAR) Awona(CAR)

A. Nchout(CAR) Chikwelu(NIG) Abena(CAR)

Onguene(CAR) Kgalatna(S. AFR) Ordega(NIG)

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 9:38am On Jun 21, 2019
Icon4s:
See how these girls just make people papa dey work calculations since on Monday.

Well, thank God my calculator no burn due to over heating. Let me save it for the AFCON. grin

Taliban and others kudos for keeping up with the calculations. We will need you guys for this AFCON too grin

Congratulations Nigeria.

Now, girls back to the drawing board.
The way Dennerby will approach the Germany game will determine whether he will stay or not.

you Don talk am finish. He did well against France. Hope he gets the attack to gel this time around.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Prectega(m): 9:50am On Jun 21, 2019
Oshoala should come from the bench this time....
Who's Ebi's replacement
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 9:53am On Jun 21, 2019
forgiveness:

Do you mean tactical?

By the way, France has taller players but they did nothing against us.
No, Technical.

The French Taller? I don't think so.
Are you comparing the height of the French to the Germans or what?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:57am On Jun 21, 2019
AIG07:
No, Technical.

The French Taller? I don't think so.
Are you comparing the height of the French to the Germans or what?

You mean the Germans can dribble and has good techniques? Huh!

Tactics wins games nowadays not techniques.

I thought the French has the tallest in the tournament?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:59am On Jun 21, 2019
Prectega:
Oshoala should come from the bench this time....
Who's Ebi's replacement

That's the major problem. The coach went with only 5 defenders. Two are out, remaining 3.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 10:06am On Jun 21, 2019
Humility017:

I am watching both. will b streaming both live.

Will you be on 5G? Except that, other viewers will normally be 1-2 minutes ahead of you if your connection is fast.

cc Krattoss.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 10:07am On Jun 21, 2019
Earthquake3:

Okeke(NIG) Ebi (NIG) Johnson(CAR) Awona(CAR)

N, Schout(CAR) Chikwelu (NIG) Abena (CAR)

The African teams improved a bit this edition. However, there's still loads of work to do.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by denniece1(m): 10:17am On Jun 21, 2019
forgiveness:

Wendie renhard of France is the tallest (187cm). But on the Average, the Germans are taller.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:29am On Jun 21, 2019
iSlayer:

Will you be on 5G? Except that, other viewers will normally be 1-2 minutes ahead of you if your connection is fast.

cc Krattoss.

I am using an MTN router...
well no problem the most important thing is that I watch the matches.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 21, 2019
iSlayer:

cc Krattoss.
lol. I do stream most matches and I care less about minutes ahead or behind.

But for him to be streaming 2 matches consecutively maybe with his phone and laptop,it means his network must be strong unless he plans to use 2 network providers.
But I doubt he will be streaming the 2 consecutively.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 21, 2019
Humility017:

I am using an MTN router...
well no problem the most important thing is that I watch the matches.
that means u will be watching one with a phone and another on a laptop or some sort..?

It's a welcome development thoor.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 10:35am On Jun 21, 2019
forgiveness:

you think all that is to football techniques Is dribbling.

What happens to BALL CONTROL, PASSING, SHOOTING, CROSSING? These are the techniques in soccer and the Germans are better.

The only above Average SFs technical player is Ordega. Then this young girl Okeke
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 11:05am On Jun 21, 2019
No news? No pix from camp? Rohr decided to keep us in dark
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 11:07am On Jun 21, 2019
safarigirl:
USA U16 female Basketball team played against El Salvador's female U16 Basketball team

Look atthe injustice, if these were Africans, somebody would have been talking smack about age.

USA won 114-19
not fair at all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:16am On Jun 21, 2019
denniece1:

Wendie renhard of France is the tallest (187cm). But on the Average, the Germans are taller.

Okay na thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 11:17am On Jun 21, 2019
A friend documented this

The 32nd edition of Africa's flagship football competition; THE AFRICA CUP OF NATIONS(AFCON) gets underway some hours from now in Egypt.

Nigeria will be making its 18th appearance. It is noteworthy to state it has also finished in the TOP 3(won a medal) 14 times. On 3 occasions emerged the champions, came 2nd in 4 editions, finished 3rd in 7 tournaments.

12 Nigerian footballers have the distinction of winning medals for first, second and third place in the AFCON.

1. Muda Lawal(Gold = 1980, Silver = 1984, Bronze = 1976 and 1978)
2. Stephen Keshi(Gold = 1994, Silver = 1984 and 1988, Bronze = 1992)
3. Rashidi Yekini(Gold = 1994, Silver = 1984, 1988 and 1990, Bronze = 1992)
4. Augustine Eguavoen(Gold = 1994, Silver = 1988, Bronze = 1992)
5. Alloy Agu(Gold = 1994, Silver = 1990, Bronze = 1992)
6. Okechukwu Uche(Gold = 1994, Silver = 1990, Bronze = 1992)
7. Thompson Oliha(Gold = 1994, Silver = 1990, Bronze = 1992)
8. Mutiu Adepoju(Gold = 1994, Silver = 2000, Bronze = 1992)
9. Finidi George(Gold = 1994, Silver = 2000, Bronze = 1992)
10. Austin Okocha(Gold = 1994, Silver = 2000, Bronze = 2002, 2004 and 2006)
11. Sunday Oliseh Bis(Gold = 1994, Silver = 2000, Bronze = 2002)
12. Victor Ikpeba(Gold = 1994, Silver = 2000, Bronze = 1992 and 2002)

Only Raber Madjer of Morocco also has such.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 11:22am On Jun 21, 2019
Earthquake3:

Okeke(NIG) O. Ebi(NIG) Johnson(CAR) Awona(CAR)

N, Schout(CAR) Chikwelu(NIG) Abena(CAR)

Dz list is incomplete without this lady Ajara Nchout

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:37am On Jun 21, 2019
AIG07:

What happens to BALL CONTROL, PASSING, SHOOTING, CROSSING? These are the techniques in soccer and the Germans are better.

The only above Average SFs technical player is Ordega. Then this young girl Okeke

Dribbling is the main technique while others you listed can be learnt. They are basics.

All our players have all these basic techniques you listed though at different levels but it's not all that is needed to win games. Tactics remains the advance level and the most important for winning games.

Barcelona Vs Chelsea 2012 semi final

Technique Vs tactic.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:44am On Jun 21, 2019
elyte89:

It depends on d situation

Cos if d Germans re leading by 2-nil,without no hope of equalizing, den no point watching d 2nd half grin grin grin

We go just concentrate on eagles match jejely

But from what I av read so far abt d Germans on this thread dt,dey re not dt gud,I hope it turns out dt way,

Cos d Germans I knw,are a strong female footballing nation

They are an efficient side. I don't know oh, but win they will, but it will be slim. All their matches that I watched, they just did the needful without stressing themselves too much....that was until they met South Africa and decided they don't like black people. And we are black too so...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:48am On Jun 21, 2019
zuchyblink:
No news? No pix from camp? Rohr decided to keep us in dark

I don't knw y u guys re so bodad abt pix and news from d camp,when d first match is tmao

Wait till.d match time,u will d genuine pics,players and formation when d game starts cool

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:49am On Jun 21, 2019
forgiveness:

Dribbling is the main technique while others you listed can be learn.

All our players have all these basic techniques you listed though at different levels but it's not all that is needed to win games. Tactics remains the advance level and the most important for winning games.

Barcelona Vs Chelsea 2012 semi final

Technique Vs tactic.

Bros, dribbling is not the main technique not even close. What AIG listed is what you mean by technique.

When Barcelona is termed a highly technical team it is because of their ability to pass well, move well and break defences by doing exactly what the coach wants. How many technical players can dribble? Xavi? Pirlo? Iniesta? Busquets? Even those that can dribble would rather just use passes and kill you, that's technicality

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:53am On Jun 21, 2019
Mickael2:

They are an efficient side. I don't know oh, but win they will, but it will be slim. All their matches that I watched, they just did the needful without stressing themselves too much....that was until they met South Africa and decided they don't like black people. And we are black too so...

grin grin grin,got ur point

No be say dem no gud,just dt dey play according to d opponent strength

But once dey meet we blacks,dem no wan knw our strength... Na full beating sure pass
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:53am On Jun 21, 2019
AIG07:

Ordega is average. It is usually very difficult to find a technical winger, leave Ordega for average.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:55am On Jun 21, 2019
Mickael2:

Bros, dribbling is not the main technique not even close. What AIG listed is what you mean by technique.

When Barcelona is termed a highly technical team it is because of their ability to pass well, move well and break defences by doing exactly what the coach wants. How many technical players can dribble? Xavi? Pirlo? Iniesta? Busquets? Even those that can dribble would rather just use passes and kill you, that's technicality

It is. You mean Iniesta, Xavi and Pirlo can't dribble!? shocked grin

Basic techniques in Football

Playing football is a fun thing and it also nourishes our body. Many people who make football as a hobby, and there is also a make as a profession. To be able to play soccer well, you have to master basic technique in soccer. When cuman rely on speed is not enough. So what are the techniques in football?

Dribble

Dribbling in soccer is the main thing. Because dribbling is one of the basic techniques in football. The foot used in dribbling equals the foot used to kick the ball. The dribbling aims to approach the distance of the targets, passing through the opponent and blocking the game. Spilling fundamentally is isolated into two: shut spilling and speed spilling. Shut spilling is finished with full control over the ball, done when the ball is not by any stretch of the imagination safe from our adversary.

In shut spilling, the ball can not be more than 1 meter before our feet. The speed spilling just has one course: speed.

At speed spilling, we spill with a keep running as quick as could reasonably be expected. Should be possible by kicking the ball forward then we seek after as hard as could reasonably be expected. Be that as it may, the requirements, we are totally free from the adversary's request

https://steemit.com/sports/@mirzasaputra/basic-techniques-in-football
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 11:55am On Jun 21, 2019
iSlayer:

cc Krattoss.
Loool. Remembered watching a game using on of d local stations. Neighbors dey shout goal, meanwhile dem never score for my own.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:56am On Jun 21, 2019
forgiveness:

No matter how good your tactics are, if you don't have technical players to implement the tactics you are gone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
Mickael2:

No matter how good your tactics are, if you don't have technical players to implement the tactics you are gone.

It doesn't change the fact that dribbling is the main technique. Others can be learnt.

The reason Ronaldinho remains the most technical player in the world in this modern era.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:04pm On Jun 21, 2019
forgiveness:

It is. You mean Iniesta, Xavi and Pirlo can't dribble!? shocked grin

Basic techniques in Football

Playing football is a fun thing and it also nourishes our body. Many people who make football as a hobby, and there is also a make as a profession. To be able to play soccer well, you have to master basic technique in soccer. When cuman rely on speed is not enough. So what are the techniques in football?

Dribble

Dribbling in soccer is the main thing. Because dribbling is one of the basic techniques in football. The foot used in dribbling equals the foot used to kick the ball. The dribbling aims to approach the distance of the targets, passing through the opponent and blocking the game. Spilling fundamentally is isolated into two: shut spilling and speed spilling. Shut spilling is finished with full control over the ball, done when the ball is not by any stretch of the imagination safe from our adversary.

In shut spilling, the ball can not be more than 1 meter before our feet. The speed spilling just has one course: speed.

At speed spilling, we spill with a keep running as quick as could reasonably be expected. Should be possible by kicking the ball forward then we seek after as hard as could reasonably be expected. Be that as it may, the requirements, we are totally free from the adversary's request

https://steemit.com/sports/@mirzasaputra/basic-techniques-in-football

I am certain you read where I said even the ones that can dribble will rather just pass the ball around.

Anybody who, in this modern world, believes dribbling is the most important thing in football is lost. How many midfielders in Liverpool's team can dribble? None. How many for Barca? None. Football is now concerned with what you can do with the ball, how you manipulate the ball, I really don't know what else to tell you but if you believe that dribbling means technicality then goodluck

(1) (2) (3) ... (6239) (6240) (6241) (6242) (6243) (6244) (6245) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Tinneh, Lawag3, waffiboi, TheGoodJoe(m), lukasa and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.