Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11682039 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6242) (6243) (6244) (6245) (6246) (6247) (6248) ... (16154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:28pm On Jun 21, 2019
What Mickael2 is trying to pass is that there is more reliance on tactical acumen than technical ability in the modern game.

A good example is De Bruyne who is very gifted on the ball but his play relies a lot on the movements of his team mates. You can see CR7 when he first came to Manchester United and how Alex Ferguson carved him into being more positional with his play and reading of gaps in the opposition defence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2019
darkelf:

You're a pessimist

grin cheesy

I used to 100% be one to be honest. But I try to balance it out now. Plus from my few young years in this world I have seen so many happenings beat what I perceived to be reality. And personal story, I have a father who is an incurable optimist but e no get money and that kind of turned me to be first off a pessimist. But even though my dad no get money, his optimism helped him stay very healthy and strong and he's close to 80 now.
On the falcons matter I just feel they have already succeeded so anything after 2nd round is like winning two world cups to me grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
Caspian22:
Hello Guys!

I need the services of sports content writers. It's a sports writing gig, very easy and with good pay. You will be tasked with writing editorials, rewriting sports news and listicles. You don't need to write lengthy stuff.

This is a good side hustle.

Send me a mail via ygethealthy@gmail.com and we'll discuss more.

I nominate Goodjoe, Michael, Curtisaxel (Iheanacho friend), Safari girl. ICON4S not sure if e go get time. And many more people I didn't remember here who are gifted writers.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
A good example of a tactical goal which relies more on tactical acumen than technical abilities.

Final combination between Riquelme and Forlan. Coached by Manuel Pellegrini.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSfWBWp_Hr8
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:41pm On Jun 21, 2019
players are not just better tactically they improve themselves to be better. Cr7 was a good technical winger who scored goals occasionally he later transformed himself tactically through hard work into an amazing goal scorer

look at this example you are good at school you understand stuff easily that's technical ability. now a student who has natural ability to know stuff at school doesn't stop there he burned the midnight oil to read further and improve himself.

iSlayer:

Attributes like positioning is and judgement are things some players are just better at. Does that make them "tactical" players?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 3:41pm On Jun 21, 2019
Zimbabwe may boycott tonight's game due to a pay issue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:42pm On Jun 21, 2019
olu98:

sir,if dribbling is the main thing, Adama traore of wolves,sofiane boufal, zaha would all av won ballon d'ors.

Technique plus trophies win you balloon d or.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 21, 2019
CAF to pay Zimbabwe in advance to avert AFCON opener player boycott

'It’s sad that instead of us focusing on the match we have spent a lot of time trying to deal with these issues'

BYSPORTS REPORTER
12:31, 21 JUN 2019

Dispute ... Zimbabwe players boycotted training on Thursday over allowances

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa – The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has held talks with Zimbabwean players, urging them to fulfil their Africa Cup of Nations finals opener against Egypt on Friday night after threats to strike.

CAF vice president Amaju Pinnick on Thursday night led a delegation from the continent’s football governing body for talks with Zimbabwean player representatives – captain Knowledge Musona and his deputy, Ovidy Karuru.

The players want to be paid US$9,000 participation fees at the tournament and are angry that injured players are paying their own medical bills.

The mood in the camp has not been helped by revelations that ZIFA chartered a jet to fly at least 100 people to Egypt, all expenses paid. In the group are ZIFA officials, journalists and supporters.

The players said ZIFA had promised that the money would be paid on Tuesday.

Acting Sports Minister Kazembe Kazembe addressed the players before the arrival of a CAF delegation, telling them to “play for those people at home, especially President Mnangagwa who has been supporting your cause.”

BBC correspondent Osasu Obayiuwana said on Twitter: “I’m made to understand that Amaju, the CAF first vice president, had to plead with the players not to boycott today’s match against Egypt.

“Amaju, who is also the AFCON organising committee chairman, is asking the finance department of CAF to release the balance of Zimbabwe’s appearance fee so that outstanding player allowances are settled.

“Amaju was worried about the damage to the corporate brand of the tournament, if Zimbabwe boycotted the opener.”

The Warriors missed their late afternoon training session on Thursday while the talks went on.

Musona told reporters they were happy their matter was being attended to, adding: “It’s sad that instead of us focusing on the match we have spent a lot of time trying to deal with these issues, but we can promise you that we will give it our best against Egypt.”

Defending champions Cameroon are the other team whose players have refused to play in a dispute over allowances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 3:42pm On Jun 21, 2019
Caspian22:
Hello Guys!

I need the services of sports content writers. It's a sports writing gig, very easy and with good pay. You will be tasked with writing editorials, rewriting sports news and listicles. You don't need to write lengthy stuff.

This is a good side hustle.

Send me a mail via ygethealthy@gmail.com and we'll discuss more.

I've sent you a mail Sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:43pm On Jun 21, 2019
Earthquake3:

Does it have to spell it out to you word for word

Read the number 4,5 if you're still in doubt read the number 7

When did football turn to basketball?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 3:44pm On Jun 21, 2019
forgiveness:

When did football turn to basketball?

Na wa for you

Mtcheew

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:50pm On Jun 21, 2019
Bolowolowo:
CAF to pay Zimbabwe in advance to avert AFCON opener player boycott

'It’s sad that instead of us focusing on the match we have spent a lot of time trying to deal with these issues'

BYSPORTS REPORTER
12:31, 21 JUN 2019

Dispute ... Zimbabwe players boycotted training on Thursday over allowances

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa – The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has held talks with Zimbabwean players, urging them to fulfil their Africa Cup of Nations finals opener against Egypt on Friday night after threats to strike.

CAF vice president Amaju Pinnick on Thursday night led a delegation from the continent’s football governing body for talks with Zimbabwean player representatives – captain Knowledge Musona and his deputy, Ovidy Karuru.

The players want to be paid US$9,000 participation fees at the tournament and are angry that injured players are paying their own medical bills.

The mood in the camp has not been helped by revelations that ZIFA chartered a jet to fly at least 100 people to Egypt, all expenses paid. In the group are ZIFA officials, journalists and supporters.

The players said ZIFA had promised that the money would be paid on Tuesday.

Acting Sports Minister Kazembe Kazembe addressed the players before the arrival of a CAF delegation, telling them to “play for those people at home, especially President Mnangagwa who has been supporting your cause.”

BBC correspondent Osasu Obayiuwana said on Twitter: “I’m made to understand that Amaju, the CAF first vice president, had to plead with the players not to boycott today’s match against Egypt.

“Amaju, who is also the AFCON organising committee chairman, is asking the finance department of CAF to release the balance of Zimbabwe’s appearance fee so that outstanding player allowances are settled.

“Amaju was worried about the damage to the corporate brand of the tournament, if Zimbabwe boycotted the opener.”

The Warriors missed their late afternoon training session on Thursday while the talks went on.

Musona told reporters they were happy their matter was being attended to, adding: “It’s sad that instead of us focusing on the match we have spent a lot of time trying to deal with these issues, but we can promise you that we will give it our best against Egypt.”

Defending champions Cameroon are the other team whose players have refused to play in a dispute over allowances.

just imagine....and the hypocritical Amaju Pinnick is acting like a saint...

the stupid Zimbabwe sport minister is asking them to play for the president who has been a fan of the team...
shameless sport minister and president... he forgot that the labour deserve his wage...same way he gets paid weekly...

I just hate Africa leaders...... they have no shame

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 3:55pm On Jun 21, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
A good example of a tactical goal which relies more on tactical acumen than technical abilities.

Forlan was very technical in that display.

70% of strikers, especially African strikers, will hit that ball straight - it doesn't matter if it entered net or not.

20% will cut once as he did cut, but will shoot after cutting (rather than still play to a team mate and get a clearer net as he did when he scored).

You get very few of African forwards that can think on the spot and do this. I can only think of Kanu.

Eto'o will likely cut once and shoot. Drogba will likely shoot on first receipt on the ball. All of them will still likely score, but the grand way in which the goal was scored takes more technique.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:03pm On Jun 21, 2019
forgiveness:

Faith Michael is also out.

Wow I sure forgot about her. Get well soon!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:10pm On Jun 21, 2019
Humility017:

the stupid Zimbabwe sport minister is asking them to play for the president who has been a fan of the team...
shameless sport minister and president... he forgot that the labour deserve his wage...same way he gets paid weekly...

These your rants get as E be ooo. U overlook that fact that the FA paid to charter 100 people to Egypt and you are attacking the president who by FIFA law should not have anything to do with the team.

Well I just hope they play because they are one my favourite teams in the Southern region. Watch out for Kahma Billiat.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 4:18pm On Jun 21, 2019
@Forgiveness,
Dribbling in football is a technique.
BALL Controls like Chesting, trapping, use of abdomen to trap ball, inside foot, outside foot controls etc

PASSING:Use and knowing when to use various side of the foot to pass, heading, etc

SHOOTING:It is not just about hitting the ball hard but hitting it the right way. The feet has various sides which all give trajectory of the ball(same in passing).

CROSSING : same as above,

DRIBBLING:Moving the ball with all acceptable body parts. It involves using the part of the body coherently

JUMPING, HEADING etc are also part of football techniques.

TACTICS ON THE OTHER HAND, HAS TO DO WITH HOW A TEAM SETS UP, TEAM STRATEGY WHICH ARE ALWAYS INSTRUCTED BY THE COACHES.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 4:18pm On Jun 21, 2019
mank1234:
Argentina at the mercy of Columbia. If Columbia decide to loose to Paraguay, Argentina will be out irrespective of their result against Qatar.
Argentina can qualify with 4pts
Top 3 qualifies

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 4:18pm On Jun 21, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

This is football brilliance grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 4:34pm On Jun 21, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfxs8v67nbY

Cc: TheGoodJoe, Forgiveness
Enjoy one of football's finest technicians

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:42pm On Jun 21, 2019
Earthquake3:
Zimbabwe may boycott tonight's game due to a pay issue

Why be say africans like to dey disgrace themselves?

I heard Cameroon have not even travelled to egypt
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:44pm On Jun 21, 2019
Humility017:

Lol you dey para for african leaders

Sad but the truth bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 4:49pm On Jun 21, 2019
Enjoy another Master Piece of this Master Technician.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLImuplifr4

Cc: The whole House.

Imagine Ronaldo in Pirlo's team.? Dude will hit 70 goals per season.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 4:59pm On Jun 21, 2019
andrew444:

Why be say africans like to dey disgrace themselves?

I heard Cameroon have not even travelled to egypt

*Laughs*
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 5:02pm On Jun 21, 2019
AIG07:
Enjoy another Master Piece of this Master Technician.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLImuplifr4

Cc: The whole House.

Imagine Ronaldo in Pirlo's team.? Dude will hit 70 goals per season.

Xavi, Pirlo and Johann Cruyff are the masters of the game

They can't be equalled

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:07pm On Jun 21, 2019
chrisooblog:
icon baba you didn't even congratulate me for having faith in the girls

Sir, Chrisoblog, you too try . Congratulations. smiley

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:10pm On Jun 21, 2019
Taliban:

I used to 100% be one to be honest. But I try to balance it out now. Plus from my few young years in this world I have seen so many happenings beat what I perceived to be reality. And personal story, I have a father who is an incurable optimist but e no get money and that kind of turned me to be first off a pessimist. But even though my dad no get money, his optimism helped him stay very healthy and strong and he's close to 80 now.
On the falcons matter I just feel they have already succeeded so anything after 2nd round is like winning two world cups to me grin

Me calling you a pessimist was just pulling your legs grin

When you downplay chances of out national teams, you're tagged a pessimist here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:13pm On Jun 21, 2019
Earthquake3:
Technique and tactics are used interwovenly

Awareness of space and time are all grouped under technique so can't say Ronaldinho is better than Xavi in that aspect

Cc TheGoodJoe

Exactly my point.

Like iSlayer has been pointing out, tactical input is more of the coach's job, so the more a player can implement the coach's tactical directions with the ball at his feet, that is the more he is able to command the ball to go to where he wants., at the pace he wants and when he wants(according to the coach's tactical directions) makes the player a technical player for me.

Just because you can dribble or you have a nice shot does not mean you are technical. Technical players are the ones that have perfected the passing game, works well in tight spaces and can control the flow of a game.

Cc theGoodJoe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2019
Humility017:

I dry tell you.

A study is needs on the genetics of Africans. It seems they are very prone to corrupt practices and other forms of wickedness at the expense of development. Not saying there isn't corruption elsewhere ooo but African leaders will steal and steal and not do their jobs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2019
darkelf:

Me calling you a pessimist was just pulling your legs grin

When you downplay chances of out national teams, you're tagged a pessimist here

I know you were joking. However, when you downplay the chances all the time, it's called realism which is brother to pessimism grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:19pm On Jun 21, 2019
AIG07:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfxs8v67nbY

Cc: TheGoodJoe, Forgiveness
Enjoy one of football's finest technicians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuWeLBTJWw4

No doubt about Pirlo but take a look at his master. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:25pm On Jun 21, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
What Mickael2 is trying to pass is that there is more reliance on tactical acumen than technical ability in the modern game.

A good example is De Bruyne who is very gifted on the ball but his play relies a lot on the movements of his team mates. You can see CR7 when he first came to Manchester United and how Alex Ferguson carved him into being more positional with his play and reading of gaps in the opposition defence.

I think we are saying the same thing just that you are using tactical awareness while I am using technicality.

Personally I believe tactical awareness is one of the things that makes a player a technical player. Primarily I believe there are two things that can make a player stand out as a technical player;
1) Ability on/to control the ball.
2) Tactical awareness.

Naturally ability on the ball here means knowing what to do with the ball, making the right decisions, why dribble a player when you can simply pass and evade? You may be one of the best dribblers out there but in most cases you'd rather just use a simple pass to evade 3 persons, Iniesta does that a lot, dude can beat players, 3 at a time even, but he'd rather pass and evade. Ronaldinho would normally spend 20 seconds beating one player while Xavi can move the ball from defence to attack within 10 seconds without needing to beat a player, pick the right passes, at the right angle and to the right person.

Then tactical awareness comes in. Football sometimes can be an instinctive game, but the player's ability to imbibe the coach's instructions into his natural instincts makes him a technical player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Horus(m): 5:28pm On Jun 21, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faUkgYxZXEo

Zimbabwe upbeat ahead of first match in the Africa Cup of Nations against hosts Egypt

(1) (2) (3) ... (6242) (6243) (6244) (6245) (6246) (6247) (6248) ... (16154) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Napoleon55(m), mostob(m), Subzerooo, opes, kingphilip(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.